lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lets talk about Nihilus [Spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
DarthZayne
Rookie

Lets talk about Nihilus [Spoilers]

what we know for sure about Nihilus , his a male , when visas talk about him she always says "he" same about Kreia..

He have the power to feed the force in force sensitive.
He also look to have a power to Banish someone from the force , like Nomi Sunrider did to Ulic Qel-Droma.

hes ruthless , he have slave's and a strange way to corrupt hes enemy..

he want to face the exile but why ???

we dont know what species he hes.. or where hes from.

have he been trained by kreia , i dont think so.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Uh he was born of the Mandalorian wars. He attacked Telos because he believed that there were Force sensitives there. The Exile shows up and he tries to feed but cannot. Visa's was his slave in that he made her see her destroyed world and she was bound to him. It's almost like a padawan is bound to the master but in a twisted sort of way.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
The Distorted
Rookie

He's evil.

*sorry, couldn't resist*

"Someone's gotta get tough,
or someone else is gonna cry"
The Distorted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 02:34 AM   #4
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I KNOW he is evil
I was just trying to show the relationship between him and Visas in terms of the Force. He is a strange baddie in that you cannot find him but he finds you, like a nightmare.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:14 AM   #5
PazaakPrincess

Current Game: Fable 2, Oblivion
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
He may be evil but he's boring and too easy to kill once you meet him! Sion is a much better boss. First time i played I was messin' myself everytime he appeared thinking even though you don't really fight him till the end.

Call me Paz, PP sounds like you're p!$&ing on my head

My Kotor Fan Fiction
PazaakPrincess is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #6
†Saint_Killa†

They didn't even make him so special in the game. Devs just made him look cool.

Too bad, he was the one who inspired me to play KotOR 2 because he looked like an awesome sith lord.

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Saint_Killa†
They didn't even make him so special in the game. Devs just made him look cool.

Too bad, he was the one who inspired me to play KotOR 2 because he looked like an awesome sith lord.
Everyone needs a good inspiration...lol

Yeah, Nuhilius was a real disapointment for me...on Xbox.

philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #8
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Great outfit, too easy to beat.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #9
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Huge dissappointment

I barely got to fight him.

By the time I got my saber out, Visas and Mandalore had almost finished him.

Some sith lord...

Wish I could have utilzed his mask. Naah, probably would have made me weaker.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #10
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZayne
we dont know what species he hes..
Human.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #11
DarthZayne
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Human.
i realy dont think hes human , hes speaking an unknow language.

if you have some proof hes human , your welcome to show us.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #12
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Kreia says that he is no longer a man because of his hunger. I suggest the dialogue after you escape from Peragus. Kreia speaks of him who hungers, the Lord of Pain and the betrayer.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #13
Busby06
Rookie

Hmmm he could be a force unknown to anyone. I mean if he feeds off the force and can destroy whole worlds through it, he can't be anything we can imagine. He maybe the force himself, although a more corrupt version of it. Or possibly a sith that died but has come back in that form.

I don't know really, if i was the exile i would have a sneak peak at him under his mask to make sure :P
Busby06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #14
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Diablo III RoS (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
What I want to know is: Who is Darth Nihilus? Who is hiding behind that mask and how he became so powerful?(Made of the Mandalorian Wars doesn't mean much to me)

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #15
Busby06
Rookie

Maybe because all the life lost in the Mandalorian wars there was a huge disturbance in the force or something. And the end product of it was him. I dunno i'm just using my imagination hehe. ALthough my imagination has more bunnies.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #16
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #17
Busby06
Rookie

Hehehe sorry my immature mind.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #18
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Talk about spam..-_- Who knows? maybe our questions will be answered in the 3rd game, if there ever is one.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #19
Meatbag
Rookie

Quote:

Hey, some humans in the Sith Academy in K1 were speaking Ryl! And he's speaking Sith, just like the holocrons Atris decorated her room with. Red and black. What a bad taste!

And try to get some spelling and grammar...
Meatbag is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #20
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Think Kreia mention somewhere in the game that you can become like Nihlius, but she dosent say that right out to the player, she more hint it. But i can be wrong. Havent play in maybe a month now.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #21
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:

Visas comes right out and tell us "He's just a man". Don't know about you but that was good enough for me. As for the language, it's a pretty obvious attempt to make him mysterious, evil, and other-worldly.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #22
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, its from Visas... and maybe "force-wise" he looks like a humanoid when he is dead, it doesn't mean he is humanoid, or even humanoid to begin with!!!

Remember, Visas looks at things dirrerently.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #23
The Distorted
Rookie

I thought that when he is "speaking" it's like he is communicating through the force directly, as he is now more of a part of it then a individual sentient being. Kinda like how Visas and Kreia see through the force (if you ever do 1st person perspective with Kreia, it is the same as with Visas/Force Sight), but in terms of communicating orally through the force, and thus only those strongly attuned to it can understand/interpret what he is expressing on an "aural" level.

I can't remember where I got that idea from, but I thought that was the explanantion the very first time I played through the game, and have kind of excepted/not questioned it since...
so this makes me wish I could remember now how I got that impression exactly in the first place...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure - as Achilles said - that he is human. Kreia says something about him no longer being a "man" anymore (I think in an homage somewhat to Anakin/Vader), and when you kill him, Visas can say, *hang on*... here:

If that isn't proof, then I don't know what the hell is...

Old 04-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #24
DarthZayne
Rookie

The Distorted , thanks for this proof and info.

but even kreia or Vissa maybe are wrong cause if you notice Even vissa and kreia said that Nihilus is a "Beast" iam currently playing the game again to make my new video and ill take a screenshot of it . if you want .

But i should admit with proof you guys bring me , he have more chance to be human , than anything els ..

but explain me that .... What nihilus language , its for sure not Galactic basic , even the dev's didint make subtitle when hes talking.

Sorry about my english guys again if i make my self unclear with my bad english.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:18 PM   #25
The Distorted
Rookie

Quote:
but explain me that .... What nihilus language , its for sure not Galactic basic , even the maker of the game didint show subtitle.

Sorry about my english guys again if i make my self unclear with my bad english.
Like I said, I don't think it's a determinable/definable langauge as such, but more of an audible "voicing" of him communicating directly through the force itself, I think that's why (in his case) there are no subtitles for when he "speaks", as no direct interpretation (into a language form) is possible, because it is actually unintelligable - only force sensitives can understand him, and even then, they do not hear "words" exactly (or sentences for that matter) but interpret it more on a pyschic-like level. They "feel" it - his emotions, thoughts, desires, etc. - which makes sense because Kreia describes him (like his "hunger") as driven by instinct, a primitive urge personified/epitomised.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #26
DarthZayne
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Distorted
Like I said, I don't think it's a determinable/definable langauge as such, but more of an audible "voicing" of him communicating directly through the force itself, I think that's why (in his case) there are no subtitles for when he "speaks", as no direct interpretation (into a language form) is possible, because it is actually unintelligable - only force sensitives can understand him, and even then, they do not hear "words" exactly (or sentences for that matter) but interpret it more on a pyschic-like level. They "feel" it - his emotions, thoughts, desires, etc. - which makes sense because Kreia describes him (like his "hunger") as driven by instinct, a primitive urge personified/epitomised.
Sorry but i dont agree with you , cause the Exile at this time is a force sensitive . and its realy look a language , if you played kotor 1 the Guardian ( droid make by the builders of the star forge ) in the temple on Dantoin
Speak a language very similar as Nihilus. anyway its not a proof.

He look like to like humain if he only take Human's for slave. Maybe your right about him to be human . But no one yet have show true official proof.

its like Revan we dont know for sure where hes from , kreia said something about hes from far side of outer rim , something like this . and if you look at the game Mandalorian's realy look like human's ... but this wrong cause if you have read the books you see a mandalorian wiout mask/helmet , they are alien's realy look like "predator's"..

anyway i think this topic getting pointless, until we can get a hand on a comic book or a book who tlak about nihilus back story.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:00 AM   #27
†Saint_Killa†

Quote:
anyway i think this topic getting pointless, until we can get a hand on a comic book or a book who tlak about nihilus back story.
I hope darthsion101 creates a fanfic about em'.

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 01:50 AM   #28
The Distorted
Rookie

DarthZayne, that language that the guardian droid on Dantooine speaks is an ancient dialect of Selkath.

Plus, I got the picture of Kreia also referring to Nihilus as a man:

I'd call that pretty conclusive myself, unless something turns up to actually contradict it.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:10 AM   #29
DarthZayne
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Distorted
DarthZayne, that language that the guardian droid on Dantooine speaks is an ancient dialect of Selkath.

Plus, I got the picture of Kreia also referring to Nihilus as a man:

I'd call that pretty conclusive myself, unless something turns up to actually contradict it.
ok about the droid , nope the first language the droid talk was something different , then the second one is wookie , then selkat but the first one realy look like Nihilus language..

about kreia says hes a men , she also said it about Mandalore and no hes not a man .

cause no female term to talk about rodian,wookie,zabrak,mandalorian..

that doesent proof anything yet.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:11 AM   #30
The Distorted
Rookie

Droid language: oh, ok. I'll have to check that out again - it's been a while since I've played KotOR - I'll have to refresh my memory.

You say Mandalore's not a man though, but I was under the impression that the Mandalorians (though a seperate species) are more like a different race/culture/ethnicity, in that they are a sub-sect of, and originally stem from the human race originally. Kinda like how Han Solo is called a Correllian (because of belonging to the human settlement based on the planet Correllia) but is also referred to more broadly as a human.

Then again, I have heard some people deny altogether that the Mandalorians are a seperate species in any sense at all, and just say that they are united under a belief system. Anyone actually know for sure? LOL - Or is that another inconsistency/vague concept (like Nihilus) in the SW universe?

Old 04-08-2006, 04:52 AM   #31
DarthZayne
Rookie

here the proof that mandalorian are not human.

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?im...alorian3yz.jpg
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 AM   #32
PazaakPrincess

Current Game: Fable 2, Oblivion
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
hmm, they look like the Predator a bit so err why are Canderous and other Mandalorians without armour in Kotor human?

Call me Paz, PP sounds like you're p!$&ing on my head

My Kotor Fan Fiction
PazaakPrincess is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 09:24 AM   #33
Meatbag
Rookie

The original Mandalorians were not humans, but accepted humans into the cluture. And Nihilus speaks the same language as Atris' holocrons.
Meatbag is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #34
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

Nihilus speaks the same language as Atris's holocrons which are sith...So I pressume that Nihilus speaks ancient Sith but at a more slower rate then the holocrons did. I think he is a man even if he was born of the mandalore wars in essence he is still a man, or a shell of a man.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #35
Maverick5770

I have no idea what Nilhus was, I think the developers wanted it that way, it might be revealed in K3. His language is Sith, and refering to him as a "man" Just means he's male and humanoid, but he could be human.

I Am Canadian

Go Canucks Go

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ
Maverick5770 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #36
BhoyWonder4
Lurker

It seems to me that Nilhus and the exile are of the same making but went in the opposite derection of each other.

When the end came on Malachor V, the exile chose to cut him/herself off from the force to escape the pain/hunger he was enduring where as Nilhus embraced the pain in a different way. Instead of losing the force to escape the pain he used it to try and dull hid pain/hunger.

So in essence both were jedi who suufered on Malachor V and chose different ways of coping with it.
BhoyWonder4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #37
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, Visas is not a "human" the species.

None the less, it means Nillie start out as a common mortal just like most anyone else, and most definitely a force sensitive, quite probably a jedi.

I don't think him being a human, or twi'lek or zabrak, or whatever matters to the story though, so don't dwell on it too much. (so did the male part, even if he is a gungan eunich before his change)

The idea is that, when placed under the same "incident" like M-V, the so-called survivors can become something like Nillie, instead of something like Exile, or maybe Zion??
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #38
DarthZayne
Rookie

i found something interesting

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?im...024x7681mt.jpg

look hes arm look human to me . so maybe is human.

and i found something about nihilus power he only can feed force from Jedi's proof is when your fighting him , he want to feed you and then you say that no jedi here , its with only weeken you .
Old 04-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #39
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

But he can still feed on them, Kriea say that Nihlius can kill all living thing with his power, it will maybe weaken him temperaly, but he can still do it.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2006, 08:52 PM   #40
DarthZayne
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat
But he can still feed on them, Kriea say that Nihlius can kill all living thing with his power, it will maybe weaken him temperaly, but he can still do it.
if he can still feed why its dosent kill The exile then ? its making him realy week and i didnt suffer any stats atribute dmg.

yes he can "try" if you tell him (nihilus) the option i told you he did and then kneel its make him much more easier to kill.

Notice the Dev have make lots of error concerning the comic's books .
exemple mandalorian are not human.

and lots of story error about the sith war.
Naga Sadow ( golden age ) i wont enter into this.

But not Nihilus cant feed all living thing i thing he can only feed lightside ppl , maybe neutral but not darksider's . if he try he get very week.

its the game who tell this not me.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Lets talk about Nihilus [Spoilers]