lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: Warriors of the Force
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #321
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"Not a child?" Zev snorted. "Could have fooled me. Don't get what you want and you throw a tantrum? Sounds incredibly childish to me." Eyes through the mask flicked quickly at the hilt of Tacit's lightsword laying on the ground. "Either pick it up and show me what you've learned, if anything, or leave and return to your companions, because I'm not allowing you to go any further up this mountain unless you defeat me, or prove you're at least worthy enough to serve the goddess Holen." Zev's stance dropped into a defensive position. "Your choice."

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 06-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #322
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
"Following my blindly? My.. you really are dependant.." He said with a smirk, swallowing his jerky and pushing away from the wall. "Well, where do you think he is gorgeous?"
Xbx_Inthusiast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #323
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Maybe if you'd both shut up, I could find him," Katri grumbled, eyes closed and eyebrows furrowed in intense concentration. Despite her words, she was almost certain Ty and Tari were much too intent on their argument to have heard her.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #324
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
"Watch if, flyboy." Tari said warningly, "Let me remind you who's supposed to be the 'big man' here. Honestly, what is it with men and insisting they know where they're going...If we had stopped and asked someone, I'm sure they could have told us if they'd seen Tacit or not, but nooo, because men can't stop for directions!

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #325
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
Ty scoffed. "And who here would know where he is? And who here would care?" He turned around and began walking again. "Why didn't you stop and ask?"
Old 06-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #326
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Tacit glared at Zev, throwing his hand out towards his weapon. It shot back to his hand, and ignited instantly. He began to circle, his blade held out threateningly. "I don't want to have to kill you," he said darkly. "But I need to get to the Seal. I can't do this anymore."
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #327
JasraLantill
No One Liners

The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Zev's blade flourished. "Then let's get this over with. Because you're not going up there if I can help it."

Old 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #328
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Tacit dived at the masked figure, his green blade humming darkly as he aimed at the jaw. His blade was flicked back towards him, and he brought it down just in time to keep his shin from being torn open. Throwing out his hand, he sent his opponent flying into the air. With stunning agility, Zev landed gracefully on both feet. Lunging forward, Tacit parried a blow to the chest and flicked Zev's sword to the right. He knocked the sword out it's owner's hand, and kicked out at Zev's chest. Zev went sprawling to the ground, lying in a heap a few metres away from Tacit. He broght his blade down to Zev's throat.
"Don't make me kill you," he hissed.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #329
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Because I was trying to follow you to make sure you didn't hurt yourself. We all know how easy it is for that to happen. I mean, you start thinking, and you pass out from overexertion!" Tari snapped, "As for who would know where he was, no one would. But they would have seen him and been able to point us in the right direction. After all, he seems to be so popular here, whoever we asked would have known who we were talking about!"

Old 06-04-2006, 10:54 PM   #330
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
"And would have hung us on sight..." He said, keeping his pace walking. "If you don't want to come with me, fine. Go by yourself. I don't need a whining self-indulgent prissy little girl with me."
Old 06-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #331
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Love ya too, hun." Tari said vehemently. "But you forget that you owe me money still, which in fact, means that you're still working for me. You're not going anywhere, and neither am I."

Old 06-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #332
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
"Try and stop me." He said, turning a corner.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #333
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Tari ran after Ty, stepping in front of him and placing a hand on his chest to prevent him from going any further.
"Did you forget that I also have your bike back at the Embassy? Oh, and remind me to alert the next soldier I see that you're a theif. It would be your word against mine, and believe me when I say I wouldn't be sorry to see you spend some time rotting away in a cell somewhere." she growled up at him, "You are going to help me find Tacit whether you like it or not, understand?"

Old 06-05-2006, 01:57 AM   #334
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
"I'm planning on finding Tacit.." He said, removing her hand from his chest. "The thing is, it's your choice to follow me or not," he said, beginning to walk again. "Your threats don't phase me, Tari."
Old 06-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #335
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

She spun as he moved past her, staring murderously at his back as he walked away, her arms crossed over her chest.
Lughead.
With an annoyed 'uhh!', she spun on her heel, and turned back to Katri.
"Please tell me you have an idea where Tacit is?"

Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #336
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"A general direction, yes," Katri answered, opening her eyes slightly. "I just can't pinpoint him..." She frowned. "Something is interfering... or someone..."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #337
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Don't make me kill you," Tacit hissed.

Zev could hear the hum of Tacit's blade, being as it was so close. "I can't make you do anything," Zev replied to Tacit in a calm, unworried tone. "The choice to kill me or not is entirely yours, not mine." Zev paused. "But you are indeed a worthy warrior to have me so readily laying at your feet. You obviously don't need my protection any more."

Old 06-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #338
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I never did," spat Tacit. "You've been following me for weeks, haven't you?"
Old 06-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #339
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Weeks?" Zev chuckled. "Try years. Boy. Do you not remember? Years ago. Near this very spot. Delm Hounds. Eight, as I recall. You were very nearly a dog's dinner. And you never once wondered where those arrows came from?"

Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #340
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I..." he stammered - he didn't remember any arrows. "I didn't see any arrows... I just... saw the Delms down, and ran. I didn't hang around to see why they stopped, I just got the hell out of there..."
He once again adopted his tough exterior. "It doesn't matter," he said. "I never needed your help, and I sure as hell don't need it now. Now tell me who the hell you are, or I'll cut you a new mouth - in your throat."
Old 06-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #341
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Well," Tari said, "A direction is better than nothing. Lead the way."

Old 06-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #342
JasraLantill
No One Liners

“Tsk, tsk!” Zev tutted mockingly at Tacit. “Such threats!” Zev held up a hand in surrender, then sighed, sounding almost bored. “Fine. I surrender. Kill me or don’t, but I’m not going to tell you anything whilst in this thoroughly awkward and embarrassing position. Let up and I’ll tell you what you want to know.”

Old 06-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #343
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Katri remained motionless for another few seconds. Then, she opened her eyes and nodded slowly, gesturing to her right. "This way... I think."

She began to walk in the direction she'd indicated, still keeping her senses open, hoping to better pinpoint Tacit's location.

My work in progress:

Old 06-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #344
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He grinned a bit as he turned a corner, continuing on his way. Eventually he'd take off, leaving them all behind, but not yet- he had a score to settle with Tacit. Either way, he was headed in the right direction.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #345
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Tacit glared at his defensless opponent. He reached out a hand and pulled the sword that had fallen to the ground into his grip, then deactivated his own. Backing away slightly, he allowed Zev to stand and straighten.
"Now: Who the hell are you, and why have you been following me?"
Old 06-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #346
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"You sure he's over here?" Tari asked anxiously as Kadri apparently began to reach out with her Jedia senses again. "I'd rather not be led on another wild goose chase. Who knows what kind of trouble Tacit-the-bonehead went and got himself into..."

Old 06-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #347
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Katri frowned. Then, she nodded. "Yes, this is the way." She sighed. "I can sense two distinct presences... one is Tacit's and the other... I don't know. It feels familiar... almost like maybe whoever it was has been following us since we got sent away with Tacit. They're both in this direction."

She kept walking. "At first, I couldn't make anything out... it seemed as if they were in every imaginable direction. But they're this way. I'm sure of it."

My work in progress:

Old 06-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #348
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Brushing off bits of leaves and dirt, Zev stood. "I'm not just 'following' you, Tacit. I've been 'assigned' to you. By the Pope. As a guardian, of sorts." A snort of either amusement or disdain emanated from underneath Zev's mask. "Quite an unusual occupation for a Geohound, don't you think?"

Before Tacit could answer, Zev reached up and unfastened the straps that held on the special black mask that both hid the face and disguised the voice. The mask was removed revealing fine, high cheekbones, lovely arched brows, and a cascade of unruly reddish-brown curls spilling out over the shoulders.

"Ah. That's better." Zev ruffled a hand through her hair, then grinned and extended a hand. "You can call me Zev."

Old 06-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #349
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Well, in that case," Tari grabbed Katri's upper arm and pulled her along as she sped to a run. "Let's get there before lughead does something stupid."

Old 06-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #350
Xbx_Inthusiast
.Devil's Trap.//

Helpful! 
He kept walking, nearing closer to Tacit. Unknowingly, he was actually going in the wrong direction, but he had a general sense of where he was.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #351
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Katri let out a startled yelp as Tari gripped her arm and stumbled for a moment before regaining her footing and increasing her speed to match Tari's. For just a moment, she lost her sense of where Tacit was, but she managed to regain it. Still, she couldn't quite pinpoint him and it bothered her.

My work in progress:

Old 06-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #352
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
((Alright guys, here's the deal. My seminars are done, but I still have two exams this week. I won't be able to post that often. Jasra knows as much about the story as anyone, so I'm giving her permission to take control of Tacit, if she's willing. If not, then try to go along without me for now. I'll be back in a few days. Sorry.))
Old 06-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #353
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Come on... Tari thought to herself as they left the edge of the town behind. We have to be getting close...

((OOC: Just waiting for the go-ahead, Doc and Jas.))

Old 06-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #354
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
((Not yet, Kira. I still need to find time to do a real post. I'll add one to this message now. Sign on to MSN, if you can.))

Tacit stared at her as she stood, his mouth wide open. He had almost lost to a woman! He clenched his jaw, and glared at her.
"Geohound, huh?" he said. "Funny - I didn't think they existed anymore."
Old 06-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #355
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Don't exist? Hmm...." Zev patted her face and arms. "Yup. Just what I thought. I exist." Then Zev frowned a bit and jiggled and waved her extended hand in front of Tacit. "You know," she said to him condescendingly, "it is customary in these parts, not to mention being generally considered good manners, to grip and shake a hand that's extended to you." She grinned. "Unless, that is, you're still clinging to the convictions you had when you were eight that touching girls gives you 'cooties.' I promise, I don't bite." She paused. "Well, not usually, anyway."

Old 06-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #356
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Tacit gritted his teeth and pushed past her. "Do me a favour: stop following me. I don't need your protection. Or your 'Pope'. Just stay out of my way, woman."
Old 06-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #357
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Zev shook her head. "Sorry," she said to Tacit. "Can't do that. I've sworn a blood oath." She paused, critically evaluating his expression of dogged determination. "Well, as you're so bent and determined to go up there, I suppose I have no choice but to go up there with you." She grinned broadly at him. "Don't you just love blood oaths? They make choices seem so simple."

Old 07-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #358
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
(Sorry about that guys and gals. Exams are over now, and I'm over the trauma of the Religions essays. I do have bad news, though. This tuesday, I'm attending a youth conference for the Presbyterian Church of Canada, and I won't be back until the 9th.
Jasra, you already know more about the story than anyone else, seeing as how you've been my sounding board. If I give you a run-down of where I want the story to go, could you take Tacit for the week? I'd appreciate it.))

((I need to take control of a few characters to get the story moving again. Here goes nothing...))

Tacit sighed and gritted his teeth. He didn't need this. He'd had enough female manipulation from Tari, and he sure as hell wasn't going to take it from this 'Geohound'.
"I liked it better when you people were extinct," he said, continuing up the mountain. "So tell me: how is that the Geohounds survived the Imperial Genocide?"
Zev simply smiled, falling into stride beside him. "It's not hard to hide from an enemy who's already fighting a three front war. Zolev bit off more than he could chew - and he suffered the consequences."
"But the Genocide continued long after Zolev's empire collapsed," remarked Tacit, jumping onto a high ledge as they continued to the summit. "It went on through to the establishment of the Alliance."
Zev shrugged, climbing up the small mountain just as easily as Tacit. "By the time the Alliance was established, we were already assumed to be extinct. After a few years, people just... lost interest, I suppose."
"But how did... you..."
He trailed off as the ghost of a stabbing pain erupted in his chest, and his vision blurred for a fraction of a second. He leaned against the cliff face, fighting to keep the contents of his stomach from erupting onto the ground. He closed his eyes and forced his mind to focus, allowing the pain to recede.
He looked back over his shoulder. He could just make out the burning buildings of the Allied Capital, the Cyrimian Palace Plaza surrounded by dark stormclouds.
"Hrent..." he muttered.
"What?" asked Zev, kneeling down beside him. "What is it?"
He shook his head, and snapped his eyes back to the mountain. A few meters above their heads was an opening into the cliff. He stared at the black fissure for a moment, anger rising in his chest. He closed his eyes again, and again forced his mind to concentrate. "Wait here. I don't care what kind of blood oath you've made, but I'm not letting you come with me in here. It's too dangerous."
"Yelt dung," she spat, glaring at him. "I can take care of myself."
"I don't care," he said, his voice full of venom. "I'm not risking your life in there, Geohound or not. There are terrors in here worse than anything you could ever dream of."
"I can't let you go in there alone. I shouldn't even be letting you in there at all."
He ignored her, and jumped the remaining dozen meters up to the mouth of the cave. He ignited his sword and continued through.
"Why do I get the feeling revealing myself was a bad idea..." she muttered. She jumped, grabbed hold of a branch halfway up, swung around it, and jumped the remaining height, landing gracefully at the mouth of the cave. Tacit's beam sword had disappeared from view. She sighed, pulled out her own weapons, and followed him into the cave.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tacit rolled into a crouching positin as the tunnel opened up into a cavernous antechamber, the walls covered in a ropey purple vines. On the floor in the middle of the chamber was a large crest, the sillouhette of a large black dragon surrounded by a blood red triangle. Above the crest floated a massive sphere of blue energy, small bursts of lightning arching across it's surface. It too was choked by the purple vines, which ran around the sphere, down to the floor, and all around the chamber. He walked slowly towards the centre of the chamber, ignoring Zev as she entered the chamber herself. He reached out a hand to touch the vines ensnaring the orb, but Zev appeared at his side and grabbed his arm before he could reach it.
"Are you insane?!" she snapped. "Do you have any idea what this is?!"
Tacit threw her arm to the side and glared at her. "I don't care. I know what it's done to my life and my family, and I know that it needs to be destroyed."
"This is a Seal of Valmad..." she muttered. "I never thought I would see one... especially this close to the monestary..."
"A seal of what?"
"Valmar," she said, walking towards the sphere. "They seal in the power of the Dark Lord, preventing him from being reborn and beginning another war on Holen."
Tacit stared blankly at her. "Who?!"
She sighed. "The Great Mother. The Almighty Holen. She created this realm for humanity, plucking us from the jaws of a cataclysmic war in our home realm. We owe Her our lives - our very existence."
"And who is this 'Valmar' guy?"
"A monster," she said. "A terrible creature responsible for the war that Holen saved us from. He was bent on the destruction of humanity. When Holen rescued us, he declared war, using the bodies of dead mortals as soldiers against Holen.
"But he was eventually defeated. During the final battle, Holen herself slew Valmar, her sword cutting him into five pieces. She had these pieces spread across the planet, sealed away, using her power to contain his."
"And... this is supposed to be where she put a part of him?"
She gazed at the crest on the floor. "It must be... that's the crest of Valmar's army. It's a warning to her people."
She looked back up at the seal, her eyes wide. "But... this seal... it's..."
"It's what?"
"It's broken," she whispered. "The seal has been ruptured. It's no longer controlling the power of Valmar..."
"So... 'Valmar' could break out at any second and-"
"Worse than that," she muttered. "I fear he may already have escaped and found a mortal host to share a body with."
Tacit balled his hands into fists. Adelfos... It... it can't be...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Katri pulled Tari up the ledge, Ty helping her to her feet when she was safely up. The entrance to the cave stood a few feet away, the wind echoing through it menacingly.
"Are you sure he came up this way?" she asked, her eyes full of fear as she looked into the cave.
Katri nodded. "There's another power, too.Something dark, something... elusive."
"I've got a bad feeling about this..." muttered Ty. "I think we should wait here for him to come out."
"We can't," said Tari, though she knew she didn't want to go into the cave. "We have to follow him."
"He told us to stay in the inn," said Ty. "He'll already be pissed off enough when he finds out we followed him this far. If we go in there-"
"If we don't go in there, he could die," said Katri, her eyes closed. "I sense that he's in danger. But..."
"But what?"
"He's not alone..." she said, here eyes closed. "There's someone in there with him... but I can't sense any more than that."

((That should get things moving again, I think...))
Old 07-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #359
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

((OOC: Hmm...I didn't know Ty rejoined Tari and Katri... ))

IC:

Tari clenched her hands into fists to stop them from shaking.
"I'm going in." she said boldly, looking straight ahead into the foreboding darkness, "You can follow me if you want, or stay out here. But I'm going in."
With that, she ducked inside.
"Ow!" she hissed as she bumped into the wall of the cave, "How anyone can see in here I'll never...know."
She had arrived in the antichamber. Before her was some sort of blue ball. The thing was massive, floated above the floor, and was lancing with energy.
"What in the name of..."
She continued to scan the room, and noticed the dark forms of two people standing at the base of the ball.
"Tacit!"

Old 07-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #360
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Tacit spun around to face the source of the voice, and saw Tari running towards him. He threw out his hand, forcing her to come to a stop. "What the hell are you doing here? Go back! Now!"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Star Wars: Warriors of the Force