lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Battles in KOTOR 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
XI33
Rookie

Battles in KOTOR 3

Somthing i would love to see in KOTOR 3 is a massive land or space battle involving alot of npcs for both sides, complete with tanks and mucho kick A@# soldiers and mass jedi on sith fights no more of this 1 guy killngs entire armys crap.

So i was wondering if any of you had any more ideas regaurding this topic
POSITIVE IDEAS PUNKS : lol

Last edited by XI33; 04-08-2006 at 09:25 PM.
XI33 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Why? It would be pointless, and would slow your computer down to a snail's pace, aside from being unnecessary, unoriginal and the fact that it'd just be a single-player version of Halo online...

Besides which, the whole point of being a Jedi/Sith/Daft Lord is that you can kill off entire armies by yourself...

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I'm inclined to agree. Although it would look pretty cool, that would be about it, and it would serve no real purpose unless Kotor III was an FPS.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
XI33
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
Why? It would be pointless, and would slow your computer down to a snail's pace, aside from being unnecessary, unoriginal and the fact that it'd just be a single-player version of Halo online...

Besides which, the whole point of being a Jedi/Sith/Daft Lord is that you can kill off entire armies by yourself...

First off a jedi cant kill an entire army, Show me that ever happening in the movies, Second it would not be point less because they have alrdy had 2 battles in kotor. What im saying is you organise an attack or defence of a planet, actually get to fight in the battle, not just watch a lame cimatic about it, and actually have an army at your back while doing it.

Last edited by XI33; 04-11-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
XI33
Rookie

And we have never seen a massive jedi versus sith battle in any game ever so it would not be un original.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
darthcarth

First lag with even only 50 npcs in the area u will lag like no other and unless u are on the side lines u will probbaly die before u can even fight because of lag. You say were did the jedi ever take on armys well i havent seen it or just dont rember it but jedi try to sneak around not stand out in front of a army.

EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthcarth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
XI33
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcarth
First lag with even only 50 npcs in the area u will lag like no other and unless u are on the side lines u will probbaly die before u can even fight because of lag. You say were did the jedi ever take on armys well i havent seen it or just dont rember it but jedi try to sneak around not stand out in front of a army.

Yes lagg would be a problem. But it dosnt have to be that big and can also be cut into different sections by load screens. lagg realy depends on how advanced the npcs are too and if halo can handle it im sure kotor 3 can handle it.

Btw the jedi totaly got owned on geonosis, if it wasnt for the clones the would have gotten killed.

Last edited by XI33; 04-10-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
darthcarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI33
Yes lagg would be a problem. But it dosnt have to be that big and can also be cut into different sections by load screens. lagg realy depends on how advanced the npcs are too and if halo can handle it im sure kotor 3 can handle it.

Btw the jedi totaly got owned on komino if it wasnt for the clones the would have gotten killed.
It might but still KoToR has always been about finding stuff with not every one know about it and the battle of kamino pretty sure that isnt in the movies and i dont read much comic books what jedi fought that battle?

Old 04-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
XI33
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcarth
It might but still KoToR has always been about finding stuff with not every one know about it and the battle of kamino pretty sure that isnt in the movies and i dont read much comic books what jedi fought that battle?

komino was typo i meant geonosis.

But there have been battles in kotor such as the battle on dantooine and onderon and the one on telos station so a large scale battle is not that far fetched.

what i was thinking was like a defence of dantooine mission but times 10.Like you have to gather the soldgiers,euquiped them,setup defences and even be in charge of the stratagie.

A good plot line would be you have to lead an attack on a sith outpost or defend a colony from a pirate or sith attack.Or you could participate iin the battle indirectly say a planet is in a large battle and you use this distration to infiltrate a base to steal information. But in order to do this you will have to get involved in the battle at key points like getting in and getting out.or you could incite a rebellion on a planet to set up a leader more sempethetic to your cause.

Last edited by XI33; 04-10-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
First off a jedi cant kill an entire army. Show me that ever happening in the movies.

Second it would severve a purpose because they have alrdy had 2 battles in kotor such as the one on onderon and dantooine but on smaller scales. What im saying is you organise an attack or defence of a planet and actually get to fight in the battle and not watch a lame cimatic about it and actually have an army at your back while doing it.

Third I said positive ideas LOL
Actually Mace Windu took on an army of droids in the Clone Wars TV show. The last time I checked that was cannon according to George Lucas.

I don't want large scale battles in an RPG. That type of battle belong in either a FPS or RTS.
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #11
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
Somthing i would love to see in KOTOR 3 is a massive land or space battle involving hundreds of npcs for both sides,complete with veichles and mucho kick A@# soildggers and mass jedi on sith fights no more of this 1 guy killngs entire armys crap

So i was wondering if any of you had any more ideas regaurding this topic
POSITIVE IDEAS PUNKS :
1) By positive ideas you mean comments on why we love this, don't you?
2) As someone else said, it would be very laggy.
3) 'veichles' isn't a word.
4) What is a 'soildgger'?
5) It's a video game, not a movie, so we're allowed to kill armies by ourselves.

To conclude this I shall quote the great Darth Vader:

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #12
XI33
Rookie

Ok first of all battles are nothing new to rpgs i have no idea where this crazy notion came from. Plus kotor has had several battles already. And maby your lame pcs cant handle the battles but im the sure the xbox 360 could.

Last edited by XI33; 04-10-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #13
XI33
Rookie

and by large scale i dont mean that big at the most 100 npcs not like im talkin about the battle on geonosis here. Im just talking about a small urban war that you directly or indrectly take part in.

Last edited by XI33; 04-11-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:15 AM   #14
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

One piece of advise for future reference don't double post and I'd consider that i'd say die crap spam. Just to my opinion the battle of Endor was a little bit like that 60 npc thing. I do beleive that it's perfectly fine as it is anyway..

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 12:55 AM   #15
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Xl33, please make yourself aware of the Forum Rules.

Also please refrain from posting multiple posts in a row this is called double posting and it isn't allowed except in the rarest of cases. Make use of the 'edit this' post feature and add your new content to your previous post if it is the last one in the thread. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums though!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 12:57 AM   #16
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
It'd be nice, but very laggy.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 03:04 AM   #17
dede_frost
Rookie

Well, it would be laggy, and even for the Xbox 360, they would have to lower the model quality to make it flow smoothly with any more than 100 NPCs (a REAL battle would require like 1000).

Also, RPGs and FPSs were meant to be small skirmishes where u sneak arround and fight small battles. Plz, plz leave the large battles to the RTS games, since that is what RTSs were made for...
dede_frost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 03:24 AM   #18
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Leave the massive battles to the cutscenes. They're cool to watch, but it would be pointless for the player to fight an army and it would cause a massive lag. In most video games, the player will be at the battlefield but just fight through a few enemies before confronting the guy who's in charge. And it would also get very boring fighting through thousands of enemies, and it would take a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #19
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

I can't see any way you could manage 50-60 characters without letting the AI do it all. That sounds to me like Battlefront, which I find boring for precisely that reason. Sure, I get to wander around and do my damage, but the computer usually wins or loses the battle for me. Where's the fun in that?

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #20
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.

Quote:
First off a jedi cant kill an entire army. Show me that ever happening in the movies.
It's called expanded universe....

Also, look and Darth Nihilus, he wiped out enitre WORLDS. So Jedi/Sith can kill off armies.

philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #21
darthcarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaimer
It's called expanded universe....

Also, look and Darth Nihilus, he wiped out enitre WORLDS. So Jedi/Sith can kill off armies.
Nillus wiped out worlds by sucking all the force life out of them he didnt go with a light saber and kill every one single handedly.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
^In later times, yes. We don't know how he fought earlier in his career. Needless to say, he must have been a formidable opponent.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 09:29 AM   #23
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Just my opinion, FWIW.
If I want a game where I direct an army, I'll go buy a WWII reenactment game or something like that.
Kotor's more like running a Special Forces team than a battalion.
I like the role-playing aspect of the game, and I just don't want it to turn into something where I also have to be a field marshal--that's just not why I play the game.
I appreciate the desire to have a battle royale with a bunch of Jedi whirling around lightsabers, but it's not what I want in a Kotor game.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #24
XI33
Rookie

Cool Guy

To quote Han Solo: Bring em' on, id prefer a straight fight to all this sneekin around.
lol
Old 04-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #25
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
To quote Han Solo: Bring em' on, id prefer a straight fight to all this sneekin around.
lol
How is fighting through several groups of enemies to reach the guy in charge 'sneekin around'? The definition of that would be avoiding all possible combat and ambushing the person you're supposed to kill. And wouldn't it get rather repetitive and dull to fight through thousands of enemies?

Quote:
Old 04-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #26
XI33
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
How is fighting through several groups of enemies to reach the guy in charge 'sneekin around'? The definition of that would be avoiding all possible combat and ambushing the person you're supposed to kill. And wouldn't it get rather repetitive and dull to fight through thousands of enemies?
No because you would have thousands of allys too so it would go a whole lot quicker.

Han solo thing was just a joke directed at the people who said kotor ws about sneeking around.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #27
Mossa
Rookie

You know dude... It would be cool to make it that way but it would be totally uinproffersional. The player have to be alone or max have a few weak with him, he have to be the hero, the one that can take them all. Or more clear the one with only hope and the force by his side, we're everyone and everything els is against him, like the odds and people.
Mossa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #28
XI33
Rookie

[QUOTE=Mossa]You know dude... It would be cool to make it that way but it would be totally uinproffersional. The player have to be alone or max have a few weak with him, he have to be the hero, the one that can take them all. Or more clear the one with only hope and the force by his side, we're everyone and everything els is against him, like the odds and people.[/QUOT

Yeah, the only time a battle would take place would be as a climax or as a way to finish a stiuation on one of the worlds. And there is no reason why you cant have a battle, actually fight in the battle, still kill the boss in the end and personaly turn the tide of the battle. such as the situation on onderon, you could have lead an army to the palace to save or depose the queen and still fight in a duel. There is no reason why you cant be the hero, fight the main bad guy and still fight in a battle too.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #29
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Yeah, the only time a battle would take place would be as a climax or as a way to finish a stiuation on one of the worlds. And there is no reason why you cant have a battle, actually fight in the battle, still kill the boss in the end and personaly turn the tide of the battle.
Uh, you just described the end of KotOR, you do assisit in the battle at the Star Forge, it is a big climactic battle and your character takes a big part in it.

Having you contol a battle is rather lame IMHO, and removes you from the RPG aspect of the game.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 11:05 PM   #30
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
XI33 you're describing an RTS or squad-based FPS. And it's not exactly like you have to sneak (c wot i did thar?) around in either game. On Taris or Manaan for instance,
spoiler:
you can go into the local Sith base and ruin everything you come across, which is probably a dozen or so soldiers and another dozen Jedi.
And that isn't too easy for 1-3 people to pull off. That situation is basically just short of the sort of large scale battle you're describing- kill a bunch of soldiers, complete an objective, and leave.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #31
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, I'm against taking command of an army too. There is a game for that. It's called Empire at War.

Now as for taking part in a battle, it could be done. If you move through a certain area with lots of things blowing up around you and people fighting it would be a cool scene. I'm not too afraid of lag, I don't expect KIII to have top notch graphics anyway. Just as an area it would be doable and fun but taking command is undoable. I don't really want an RTS mini-game.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #32
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
No because you would have thousands of allys too so it would go a whole lot quicker.
Having thousands of allies would make it go quicker, yes, but it would still take a very long time. Look at the battles at Geonosis or Coruscant. Those had thousands of soldiers for both sides, but it still took far longer than I'd like to play through.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #33
†Saint_Killa†

Just leave that stuff in the cutscenes. It's not really that important.

"You cannot kill which you did not create."

-Duality
†Saint_Killa† is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #34
Non-false Jedi
Rookie

I think it would be cool to take part in a battle, but maybe not control it. Although you having influence over aspects of it might work. Kinda like the climax of Act 2 of Hordes of the Underdark...
Non-false Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #35
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Somthing i would love to see in KOTOR 3 is a massive land or space battle involving alot of npcs for both sides, complete with tanks and mucho kick A@# soldiers and mass jedi on sith fights no more of this 1 guy killngs entire armys crap.
Here you go.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #36
XI33
Rookie

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Uh, you just described the end of KotOR, you do assisit in the battle at the Star Forge, it is a big climactic battle and your character takes a big part in it.

Having you contol a battle is rather lame IMHO, and removes you from the RPG aspect of the game.

Uh, no because in kotor 1 you did not take part in the battle at all, taking part in the battle would be if you got to fight your way to the hanger bay using the ebon hawk and then you proceded to lead a jedi strike team to the star forge. Complete with at least 12 jedi and maby a few republic soldiers.

I never said you get to control the battle, I said you get to take part in preparing for the battle by organising the troops and weapons. You never get to control what your troops are doing in battle, they are npcs that fend for them selfves. The only thing you do is try your best to kill the enemy npcs, alies are there to help you and to add to the scenery.

A good example of how a battle in kotor would work would be if you get to lead a strike team of at least 20 men on an assault. Once you have deafeted the enemy troops you lead the siege of the enemy stronghold. Then you get to the point where only you and your party members can procede. While the battle is still going on outside, you seek out the boss and get into a duel.

Oh, and forget the whole thousands of soldiers thing i was kinda exaggerating Hundreds or even number in the tens place would work.

I didnt mean to double post it was an acident,sorry.

Last edited by XI33; 04-10-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #37
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Uh, no because in kotor 1 you did not take part in the battle at all,
You get to kill the person in charge of all Sith forces, and depending on your alignment, you can have Bastila use her battle meditation for the Sith or Republic fleet. That has a huge effect on the battle.

Quote:
I never said you get to control the battle, I said you get to take part in preparing for the battle by organising the troops and weapons.
That would be even worse than controlling the battle. Who wants to make sure all the troops have enough thermal detonators and are lined up properly?

Quote:
You never get to control what your troops are doing in battle, they are npcs that fend for them selfves. The only thing you do is try your best to kill the enemy npcs, alies are there to help you and to add to the scenery.
Quote:
Oh, and forget the whole thousands of soldiers thing i was kinda exaggerating Hundreds or even number in the tens place would work.
That's already been done.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #38
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
See next post. Sorry about the double post i must have clicked the wrong button.
It's still a double post. There's a radiobutton at the top of the page when you edit your posts that indicates if you want it deleted or not.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2006, 06:33 AM   #39
Angelsoul
Lurker

Battle of Dxun
Republic spies have learned that a rough faction of the Sith want to have a foothold on Dxun. Admiral Onasi (correct me if the name is wrong) don't want the Sith's to gain foothold and have gatherd a small Republic taskforce. Part of the taskforce is a small group of Jedi's that have decided to return to the Republic and aid them, in the battle against the Sith's.
The Republic knows that Dxun is a small world, but its keyposition in its outer rim makes it a good assembly area. We also know that Onderon is a key supplier of plants and animals, to the worlds that have been devestated by Lord Malak.

back to the plot

The Republic fleet hides behind Onderon and is preparing for the attack on the Sith fleet, in orbit around Dxun. The admiral knows that the Sith already have gained foothold on Dxun and have set up bases.
So while the admiral with the fleet is attacking the Sith fleet, a small group of Republic Special Forces, regulars and Jedi's is decending towards Dxun with battalions of droids as backup.

So. As the battle starts in orbit of Dxun, small groups of Jedi's and Special Forces is attacking key bases of the Sith, while the regulars and droid battalion is on standby to attack the other Sith bases (Supply bases, LZ's for reinforcements).

End of story

So you would control that little group of special forces, that had to take out a installation of importance and so you have a large scale battle, but you as a key player. You can still slay Sith on a big scale, while you are moving towards your obejctive.
Angelsoul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #40
XI33
Rookie

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsoul
Battle of Dxun
Republic spies have learned that a rough faction of the Sith want to have a foothold on Dxun. Admiral Onasi (correct me if the name is wrong) don't want the Sith's to gain foothold and have gatherd a small Republic taskforce. Part of the taskforce is a small group of Jedi's that have decided to return to the Republic and aid them, in the battle against the Sith's.
The Republic knows that Dxun is a small world, but its keyposition in its outer rim makes it a good assembly area. We also know that Onderon is a key supplier of plants and animals, to the worlds that have been devestated by Lord Malak.

back to the plot

The Republic fleet hides behind Onderon and is preparing for the attack on the Sith fleet, in orbit around Dxun. The admiral knows that the Sith already have gained foothold on Dxun and have set up bases.
So while the admiral with the fleet is attacking the Sith fleet, a small group of Republic Special Forces, regulars and Jedi's is decending towards Dxun with battalions of droids as backup.

So. As the battle starts in orbit of Dxun, small groups of Jedi's and Special Forces is attacking key bases of the Sith, while the regulars and droid battalion is on standby to attack the other Sith bases (Supply bases, LZ's for reinforcements).

End of story

So you would control that little group of special forces, that had to take out a installation of importance and so you have a large scale battle, but you as a key player. You can still slay Sith on a big scale, while you are moving towards your obejctive.
You are right that is very close to what im saying, but its still not big enough. You only get what 6 mandaloians and you only see them for the very first part of the battle.

A good example of a battle in kotor would be the sith assasin ambush on the mandalorian camp on duxun. A battle in kotor should look like that but with more importance to the plot, better enemys, more of them and maby 1 or 2 tanks.

Besides there always talking about Revens great military skills so why not give us a chance to use them?

Emporer Devon:

Dude, they already allowed you tp prepare a battle for kotor, ever heard of the defence of koonda. You got to fix droids, set up mines, provide medical care, fix turrets, recruit troops, and give an awsome speech at the end. Im just suggesting that basicaly, but on a larger scale.

Taking part in the battle means you fight in the battle not determine the out come by meditating, although that would be a cool option for jedi consulers. But for a attack orinted character you should be able to join the troops in battle and maby give some orders in the field. These orders would have consequences, they would have dark and light side out comes. A good example of how orders would work would be the apperition in the cave on korriban, when you have to decide whether or not to charge. This is nothing like an RTS.

There are many ways to do a battle in kotor and im sure the devs would find a way to work it in without destroying the games idenity and plot. You guys realy need to use a little bit of imagination, seriouly.

Other rpgs with battles...

1. Elder scrolls daggerfall.

2. Elder Scrolls oblivion.

3. Neathergate

4. World of warcraft.....Just to name a few.

Obi Wan- Anakin, the sith are evil!!!

Ankain- In my opinion the jedi are evil!!!

XI33- In my opinion you should be having a lightsaber fight not disscussing moral relativism.

EpI,II and III
EpIV,V and VI

Last edited by XI33; 04-11-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Battles in KOTOR 3