lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Modders\Modelers needed
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
EAWFAN

Modders\Modelers needed

me and a modeler are planning to make the biggest mod for EAW yet! we want to add: pirates, trade fed, confedracy, republicand a possible kotor type of units. so far we have only 2 people me and zane who is the modeler we need at least 2 more modelers and 2 more modders to make this even possible. we are not going to remove empire or rebels we are adding those factions and there units to make this a really awsome mod. when the map tools come out we will make custom maps to allow 2-6 diffrent factions on the map! help and suggestions would be appreciated. heres a tie droid that zane has made there is no texture on it yet

www.aosw.petrolution.net --- Ages of Star Wars: Jedi Civil war --- Official website
EAWFAN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
Arc9
Rookie

I can skin,using an MEG extracter i turned half of the empire into republic just by skinning!

Rise and fall:civilizations at war fan.
Arc9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
EAWFAN

pm me then. if any one can mod or model for this mod pm me or add me to ur msn mines EAWBF2@hotmail.com

www.aosw.petrolution.net --- Ages of Star Wars: Jedi Civil war --- Official website
Old 03-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Why don't you wait for an expansion or sequel?

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
Wildcat'
Rookie

Modeler here, I'll be happy to let you guys use my Clone trooper model for the mod.

It's 26000 polies now but I'll optimize it and bring it down to whatever is suitable for the EAW engine for Infantry

heres an Animation test with it

http://69.47.219.71/clone_anim.wmv

Wildcat' is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
EAWFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
Why don't you wait for an expansion or sequel?
why not do it now instead of waiting 6 months to a year and they wont add the kotor guys or pirates or early trade fed

as i said above please put me on your msn so we can figure this stuff out

Old 03-26-2006, 04:43 AM   #7
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAWFAN
we want to add: pirates, trade fed, confedracy, republicand a possible kotor type of units.
I think you mean the Trade Federation and Seperatists. The Confederacy was the faction opposing the U.S government in the U.S Civil War. I think the Pirates have already been added as well, but I don't think anyone would object to new units unless they sucked or crashed the game.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2006, 07:16 AM   #8
Arc9
Rookie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
I think you mean the Trade Federation and Seperatists. The Confederacy was the faction opposing the U.S government in the U.S Civil War. I think the Pirates have already been added as well, but I don't think anyone would object to new units unless they sucked or crashed the game.
He means the Confederacy Of Independant star systems,the seps are just the planets,the CIS is the army,now dont go around telling us your the smartest person on earth!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #9
EAWFAN

thank you arc also inj galactic battle grounds i do belive they were confederacy but i havent played that in a while

Old 03-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #10
Foshjedi2004

ROTFL!!! I am co-lead of LoW and I look forward to seeing your Mod......

My Personal Opinions are not Endorsed by Any Websites, persons or places.
Check out my Gallery
[/color]
Foshjedi2004 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #11
Admiral Sith

I am sorry about my previous post, i was having a bad day. This mod does look pretty good, i wish you the best of luck in finding your team.

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
EAWFAN

i would still like 1 more modder and modeler. i have made a website for the mod just click on my sig

so arc are you in we need a skinner

Last edited by EAWFAN; 03-26-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #13
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc9
He means the Confederacy Of Independant star systems,the seps are just the planets,the CIS is the army,now dont go around telling us your the smartest person on earth!
CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just that here in the real world, a lot of people don't tend to immediately think "Star Wars" when they hear "Confederacy" (I picture the end scene from Easy Rider ). And just for the sake of being condecending, it's the "The Confederacy of Independant Systems" (http://starwars.com/databank/organiz...is/index.html), more commonly referred to as the "Separatists".

I'll admit I was wrong about the terminology for this particular fictional organization though

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Old 03-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #14
Arc9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAWFAN
i would still like 1 more modder and modeler. i have made a website for the mod just click on my sig

so arc are you in we need a skinner
Yeah im in,my MSN is starttrekhead@hotmail.com

Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #15
EAWFAN

we have 2 modders, 2 modelers, and 1 skinner we still need atleast 1 of each to make this available within the next few weeks. the name of the mod is ages of star wars and the website is http://aosw.50g.com. we will post screen shots of the mod as we go including models.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #16
Arc9
Rookie

I extracted all the MEG files for maximum effect in skinning.Ill also make the starting screen.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:48 AM   #17
Wildcat'
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc9
I extracted all the MEG files for maximum effect in skinning.Ill also make the starting screen.
www.geocities.com/wcswg/sw/clonewalk3.avi

I'm also going to get working on a DC-15 Rifle for the trooper, because as you see now, he only has a DC-15 Carbine. Also, I gotta start optimizing.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #18
Arc9
Rookie

Good anim,i suggest straigtening his legs and maybe make him go faster.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #19
EAWFAN

looks great wildcat but as arc said i also suggest to straightn the legs

Old 03-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #20
Arc9
Rookie

^...AND go faster...

Old 03-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #21
EAWFAN

We are now going to add Mandolorians, Old Republic, and the Sith(possible jedi\sith units) also we need 2-6 more modelers because of the size of this mod and 1-3 more modders.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:05 AM   #22
Wildcat'
Rookie

going to get to work shortly on the sith trooper, sith temple, and jedi temple.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:38 AM   #23
Wildcat'
Rookie

sith trooper, 1290 polygons, btw what's the average PC for the default rebel and imperial infantry models?

Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #24
chubbslegend
Rookie

wow, thats good
chubbslegend is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #25
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat'

sith trooper, 1290 polygons, btw what's the average PC for the default rebel and imperial infantry models?
One suggestion: they look kind of fat for soldiers, perhaps extruding the polys on their sides by (-1)-(-2) units?

Old 03-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #26
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
@ Foshjedi2004 and Admiral Sith: Please stop spamming the thread. If you want to boast about your mod, do it in your own thread.

Let's try to keep this thread clean now. That is all.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 09:00 PM   #27
Wildcat'
Rookie

Quote:
One suggestion: they look kind of fat for soldiers, perhaps extruding the polys on their sides by (-1)-(-2) units?
yeah good idea, I should extrude and then scale the side a bit so that it makes their body look less fat on the edges. Thanks dude.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #28
EAWFAN

Quote:
its the armor as seen here

but it can still be a little less fattend and do remember most of these models are still being worked on.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #29
darthcarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat'

Looks good .

EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthcarth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2006, 05:26 AM   #30
jf3000
Rookie

Hey people, can u tell me what program u use to do this in? I use 3ds max, and lightwave, so if I can help at all, id like too.

Do you have your own website? Need a new category added, please let me know, have your site listed below at my website, and go into the draw for each month to win prizes, random winner selected each month :

Code:
http://www.jf3000.com/main2.php
jf3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #31
darthcarth

U might want to pm wildcat to see what he uses he made the clone trooper and sith soldier model. The leader is away on vacation for a few days and only has dail up so u might not get a response of wether u can join the team until he gets back.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:18 PM   #32
EAWFAN

thanks for sumin that up darth yes im on dial up in florida(good and bad) if u want to join email me and talk to wildcat on what u should model. ill try to check my email once a day but it will ba tough(6 year old comp too )

Old 03-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #33
Wildcat'
Rookie

I use 3dsmax but I've also tried the XSI demo and I'm impressed with that so, whatever, as long as you've got the knowledge of polygonal modeling or line modeling or whatever, and animation principles you're good to go.

Hey EAWFAN is it ok to put up the list of what to make here on the forums or is a better idea to keep that down?

Old 03-31-2006, 11:28 PM   #34
darthcarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf3000
Hey people, can u tell me what program u use to do this in? I use 3ds max, and lightwave, so if I can help at all, id like too.
If u can do modeling stuff that Wildcat says it looks like EAWFAN says u can join but still email him then join the forums at the website in my sig.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #35
jf3000
Rookie

problem there, Im not a fan of starwars, and couldnt tell the difference from one ship to another. But I can model ships, but the ships I model arent from starwars, they are either from BallteStar Galactica, Babylon 5, & Star Trek, plus anything else I tend to create.

I havent used this XSI demo you mention, only Newtek's Lightwave & 3Ds Max. I joined the other forum as well.

Do you have your own website? Need a new category added, please let me know, have your site listed below at my website, and go into the draw for each month to win prizes, random winner selected each month :

Code:
http://www.jf3000.com/main2.php
jf3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #36
darthcarth

Well we will need custom built ships for the mod and buildings ill try to get some pictures of some of the ships on the site.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #37
EAWFAN

yeah we are gonna make a ton of new ships. also we need at least 2 concept artists so if u want to do that any 1 email me. if you want to join then your in but only if you know how to make models(we will not teach you how to make models)

Old 04-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #38
Sashala
Lurker

the image looks good, but the helmet is off
Sashala is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 08:49 PM   #39
magna mandaloe
Rookie

Ooo I want to join! using my color technices and crap

*Changed cause I did'nt like old much*
magna mandaloe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #40
admiralach
Rookie

im pretty good with xml files could i join as a modder?
admiralach is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Modders\Modelers needed