lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Psychonauts MUSH (text based roleplaying game) - it's fun! maybe.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #41
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Who said it was a fight?
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #42
zelda 41
Loop Zoop
 
zelda 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,546
Current Game: FFX HD/Persona 3 Portable
never mind. by the ways, what do you guys think would be a good devitart name for me? i decied to make an account.


zelda 41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #43
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
...UDon'tWannaKno.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #44
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
"fatass snack master challange."
3 YEARS WON IN A ROW B*TCH, YOU WANNA TAKE THAT ON

Just kidding. Zelda's the b*tch here.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2006, 11:30 PM   #45
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
No the "Fatass Snack Master Challange" is From Top Chef. Miguel basically proved why he was such a damn fatass by beating Dave.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #46
Klia
The Pitfall
 
Klia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Steamboat Willie...'s pants
Posts: 2,655
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
What? I'm a feminist, men have been nothing but evil to me. Except Brennon, but I think he's gay so meh.
That's not a feminist...a feminist is someone who believes in equal rights for woman and does not bash the opposite sex.

KC, you did a wonderful job explaining it at the top, I'm still confused out of my mind though.
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #47
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
That's not a feminist...a feminist is someone who believes in equal rights for woman and does not bash the opposite sex.

KC, you did a wonderful job explaining it at the top, I'm still confused out of my mind though.
Whatever, I'm on spring break I don't think. I just type and drink my wine.

Yeah, I'm shocked I even read the whole thing. Still, it's a total 'meh' on weather I shall join or not.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 07:56 PM   #48
Rock_California
Rookie
 
Rock_California's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Inside, Where The Sun Cant Get
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
Oh Cheez, that's why in the end, everyone's on your side.

You probably always win the "fatass snack master challange."

You are tight, in the end. He'll be the one trying to buy my collection on eBay.

I thought you'd be all like "Wow, what a dumbass. 'Swedish Milkmaid' is the best that retart could come up with? Bitch, plz. I could totally come up with better"
This.

Haha....

Anway cool. So the whole fight thing is over?
Rock_California is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #49
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
WHO SAID THERE WAS A FIGHT??? You dirty hippy. You're one of the reasons I hate the earth, hippies!
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #50
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
Meh. It's VERY confusing at first. Try checking out other MUSHes like 8Bit and RetroMUD to get a feel for it.

Also, Characters/Taken list.

Character --- Taken
Razputin --- x
Lili ---
Ford ---
Sasha ---
Milla ---
Random campers ---

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2006, 07:25 PM   #51
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
LILI IS TAKEN, BUS IS BUILT

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #52
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I'm still confuzed. How do you even get on this thing?
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #53
Gruducuuz
Forumite
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pure bliss.
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheez
start menu > run > telnet.
*QOUTE'd*


Bahumbug.
Gruducuuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 04:21 PM   #54
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
Thanks Grud.

Also, in telnet, before you connect:

set me localecho

I think it lets you see what you type.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #55
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Can we get like a dictonary for all these terms? These big words are confuzzling.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #56
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
I'll set to work on it.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #57
Mashi An'krekku
Forumite
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 738
That bus was great. And then Raz and I went to purgatory.
I'll see you guys in like...two weeks if someone ever actually signs up.

Mashi An'krekku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 PM   #58
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I'll try and sign up if I can ever figure this thing out.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #59
Rock_California
Rookie
 
Rock_California's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Inside, Where The Sun Cant Get
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
WHO SAID THERE WAS A FIGHT??? You dirty hippy. You're one of the reasons I hate the earth, hippies!

I should be all mad and offended but actually that made me laugh....
Rock_California is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #60
Rock_California
Rookie
 
Rock_California's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Inside, Where The Sun Cant Get
Posts: 66
By the way this sounds fun. I'm gonna watch.
Rock_California is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #61
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I tried to log on, Chunk Le Funk, well open up that telnet thing, but it wouldn't open.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #62
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
Hm, this is problematic.

Google for SimpleMU and download it. It pwns Telnet beyond all hell.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #63
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I've decided I'm not going to join afterall, to much learning and pwning. Also, I'm writing some Top Chef fanfiction(It's not gay fanfiction, Chunk, so don't start.) and I need to finish my next line of clothes. I'm too busy too do MUSH's.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 10:16 PM   #64
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
My sister has plenty of time and she's a fashion designer. I even inspired her a lot.

You'll see on the markets soon, armwarmers will be totally in. With candy stripes.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #65
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheez
My sister has plenty of time and she's a fashion designer. I even inspired her a lot.

You'll see on the markets soon, armwarmers will be totally in. With candy stripes.
GASP!!

You sister is offically awesomer than you are, Chunk Le Funk.

Tell her to look out for striped polka dots and James Bond music on runways.

Still, no MUSHing, I have to plan a cocktail party that gonna happen in about a month, also get up my math grade and possibly my language arts grade.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2006, 10:29 PM   #66
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
I gave her a lot of ideas. Like fluffy clothing. She made these awesome fuzzy/fluffy pillows so I was like "oh chicks will dig guys who wear fuzzy armwarmers."

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #67
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I wouldn't dig a guy in fuzzy armwarmers.

I would dig a guy in a scarf, with hipster shag hair. Cause that is hot.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #68
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
*steal idea, give to sister*

She's already in college for this stuff.

*snaps*

But I'll totally wear all your stuff. Even if it's for girls. The last part mostly for laughs.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #69
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
That's sweet of you. You'd probably like my style.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #70
Mashi An'krekku
Forumite
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 738
Kar, you seriously need to leave the server on. Especially because I'm at my mom's trying to sneak on the freakin' thing. :{{{{

Mashi An'krekku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #71
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
Hey guys! The MUSH is totally like down. For like, a while. Not because there are problems. Just because I'm stupid. :>

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #72
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
That's great, cause I can get telnet at my grandma's house. I still don't understand.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #73
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
hey

we're down

when we come back, all of whispering rock will be completed and i will have a script that lets you purchase your own spot in the collective unconscious.

until then, we're like, not up.

wizzes and roys (staff) can still get on. not much is gonna be happening!

that's the MUSH report.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #74
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Well, that's just dandy. I love how you ended it with "that's the MUSH report."

Even though I would have liked it better if you said "Back to you, Mashi." afterword.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #75
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
That was Darth's news commentary

And now, to Mashi with the IC weather report

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #76
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
'commentary'? Please, I call it my editorial critisizm against your post.

Now back to you, Jeff!
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #77
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
Huh. Jeff isn't like here. I'll speak for him.

I AM TOTALLY WORKING ON THE MUSH, LIKE, TOTALLY. I'M WRITING THOSE CRAZY WORDS AND **** MAN!!

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #78
DarthAve
Yeezy
 
DarthAve's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,425
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Fa real? Now to Smon with the weather!
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #79
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
I think Smon kind of died forever.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #80
KingCheez
that didnt last because i
 
KingCheez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: i use my laptop from my bed 99% of the time
Posts: 2,068
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO CONNECTING AND HAVING SUPERFUN TIMES!!

1. Google for 'SimpleMU.' Download that.
2. Go to 'New Connection Wizard.'
3. Input the 'Site Address' as 67.37.189.119. IF THIS IP DOES NOT WORK PLEASE CONTACT ME SO I CAN UPDATE IT!
4. Input the 'Port Number' as 4201.
5. Ignore the next dialog box.
6. Insert 'PsychonautsMUSH' as the site name.

Ta-da! You'll connect. Click the green computer icon and select PsychonautsMUSH whenever you want to connect and that window isn't open.

You're connected. Super rad. Now doing things.

Create your character using 'create (name) (password)' WITHOUT THE PARENTHESES. Connect the same way.

You will be in Room Zero, for a while. Now is a good time to set yourself up.

Set your description using '@desc me=description goes here.' Once that's done, @mail Razputin, or page him, asking for acceptance. I'm gonna say yes 99% of the time unless your character is something retarded like Naruto or some other unoriginal character you didn't make up, or an alien that spits lightning. Actually no, the second one is cool. Just try to make up your own characters. The second I see any fanboy/fangirl bull, it's hurting time.

A description notice: Do not talk about your past or personality in your descriptions. By using 'look character' you see someone. I don't see your family history written on your face in real life, I shouldn't in-game. <3

Next, you will be given a house, and a cellphone. You can use the cell phone to call people all around camp, and once Razputin/Truman/Random staff player gets off his/hers/Smon's lazy bum, the bus will come to your house and take you away to Whispering Rock. I just wanted to implement the bus, so uh, yeah.

After that, the fun begins. Here's some helpful commands.

'say' will let you say something, for example.
'Say your mom' will turn out like this.
You say, "your mom"
It can be abbreviated to ".

'pose' will let you do something. For example.
'pose punches Razputin!' will turn out like this.
*YOUR CHARACTER NAME* punches Razputin!
It can be abbreviated to :.

Look at the letters in the brackets, next to the locations listed under Exits:.

For example.

Exits:
Raz's Mom <RM>
Your Face <YF>

Typing RM will take you to Raz's Mom. Typing YF will take you to your face.

That's all you really need to know. Wanna know MORE!?

Type @chan/on Public. Ask away, there. We're generally all nice.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Thorney Towers Creativity Room > Psychonauts MUSH (text based roleplaying game) - it's fun! maybe.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.