lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Game won't start
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
lostrodamus
Lurker

Game won't start

HI all, ive been playing this game for a while now. However i stopped a week ago and decided to start again today. Problem is the game doesnt start up at all. I pop in the cd, hit start game but i get nothing. I have 1.3 and its worked fine until now. Directx is updated and video drivers are fine. Any suggestions as to how i can fix this?
lostrodamus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
DarthMaulUK

Do you have any thing running in the back ground? Have you added anything to your PC since you last played? Think if you've changed anything at all. Also, do you start your game from the CD? Or direct from the desktop? If you do the latter, see what happens.

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
lostrodamus
Lurker

I havent changed anything on the PC and i've tried using both the desktop and CD start up. Im a little confused.
lostrodamus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
DarthMaulUK

Try a re-install. Most odd this. Un-install the game and select the 'repair' option.

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2006, 06:18 AM   #5
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
If you have any mods installed that use XML files, it's possible that there's a syntax error in one of them; sometimes the game refuses to start when it can't parse an XML file.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Game won't start