lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2006, 12:56 AM   #561
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Jasra leaned forward more, and rested her head on Atton's shoulder. "It's bascically the same game," she said, as she twirled a finger in his hair and stroked his back. "Isn't it?" Her eyes grew heavy, and she suddenly collaspsed into his lap unconscious, having finally succumbing to the numbing effect of the Yslat beer.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 08-19-2006, 01:03 AM   #562
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
"Er...yeah...I guess...they both have to go to 20 or something like that..." Atton muttered, the muscles in his back flexing as his body reacted to her touch. His face grew hot and he looked away from her, trying hard not to think what he was thinking right then. Unfortunately, with the way most of the Omwati women were dressed...
The next thing he knew, Jasra had collapsed in his lap.
"Whaa!" he shouted in surprise. Looking around, his hands flexed uselessly in the air. What was he supposed to do???

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 AM   #563
3yks
Rookie

"What are you doing with my girl there Atton?" Brax had a small grin on his face though, as he leaned toward atton and gently lifted Jasra from his lap, craddeling her in his arms. He glanced at the table, and chuckled. "Black Jack not sitting so well with you eh? Just remember your goal is 21, not 20." He winked at Atton.

"Well I'm gonna put drooling beauty here to bed, the party will be winding down for the night soon anyway, and with a full week of this she'll need rest." He nodded, "I have had quarters arranged for you, just talk to that fella there, Voskus. Let him know if you prefer rural lodgings or not," he nodded, and headed off toward the hidden city where the ship was parked, with Jasra in his arms.

There is no Peace. There is Anger.
There is no Fear. There is Power.
There is no Death. There is Immortality.
There is no Weakness. There is the Dark Side.

3yks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 01:17 AM   #564
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Uh...right...yeah...okay..." Atton muttered as Brax headed off. Turning back to the Black Jack table, he pushed half of what was left over to the other side of the table, "I'm half in." he said, "And I'm totally going to get 20 this time."

Old 08-19-2006, 06:44 AM   #565
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
Tylor controlled the ship the go towards the pirate at a safe speed. Tylor had a plan that would swiftly take down the pirate capital ship, however he needed to be closer "This is Dreadless to all bombers! We believe we have located the Pirate's outside shield generator. Your orders are too take it out as soon as possible!"

Make love, not toast.
steven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #566
3yks
Rookie

The walk back to the Zedai's hidden city wasn't very long. His rooms were on the first level, he set her down gently on his bed. Silk sheets gentle against her soft flesh, he kissed her gently on the eye lids. "Sleep well." he whispered, then turned and walked over to the wall.

"Open." He murmured softly, and the wall turned translucent, and a small door opened up. The view was amazing, the city was built into a cliff, with holo emitters hiding it from the local's. He leaned out against the railing, staring out at the valley, mist rose up from the valley. Smoke trails could be seen coming up from various settlements laid out below him. He glanced back at Jasra, part of him wanted to forget the galaxy's problems. Give Sss to Atton, and spend the rest of his days here, ruling his people with his love.

But no, he couldn't do that, he looked back out at the valley, and after awhile of just watching his home, he turned and returned to Jasra. Gently he undressed her, she made some mummbeled comments and tried to help him, but she was pretty gone. So he climbed into bed, wrapped her up in his arms, whispered 'I love you.' and went to sleep.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #567
JasraLantill
No One Liners

The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
((OOC: Thanks to 3yks for helping with this post.))

The sun was just rising, and a pale rosy light filtered through the transparent wall of the room where Brax and Jasra lay nestled together on the satin-sheeted bed, both of them awake, but now just laying there, still and silent and satisfied.

The room, Brax’s room, was spacious and modern, but at the same time cosy, with neat displays of pictures, personal mementos, and collections. There was a door near the corner of the room, and this led off to the dressing area, with large closets, a fresher, and a large sunken tub. Near the door was a desk constructed of a native black wood on which sat a very modern computer terminal. On the wall, a collection of gauntlets were displayed, starting with crude, bone clawed gloves and working its way across to the modern Omwati Force gauntlets like the ones Brax wore. And on the wall opposite the bed was a large colourful hand-painted mural, which merely complimented the vibrant azure flooring.

Jasra yawned. She was still a bit groggy from the effects of the Yslat beer the previous night, but she put it down to the early morning hour and the fact that she hadn’t yet had any breakfast. She stared at the mural, studying the pictures within it and wondering about the hand that painted them.

It tells a story, Brax’s voice drifted through her head in answer to her question. The story of my family over five hundred generations.

Jasra smiled softly. “It’s lovely,” she said aloud, not because she had to, but because she wanted to. “Who painted it?”

He grinned. “I did.”

This time Jasra grinned, and nestled deeper into his embrace. Her eyes moved to a picture hanging near the desk. The holovid picture was of an Omwati woman in native dress, standing in front of a tent made of taut animal skins stretched over poles. It was a candid shot, not a portrait, and Jasra immediately recognised her as Brax’s mother from the mindscape of their bonding experience.

“Revan killed her,” Brax said, again knowing Jasra’s thoughts. “As he did many of my people.”

“And yet you forgive him,” Jasra said absently. “I never knew my parents. Not like you did. Although, I have a very vague recollection of a dark-haired woman, with a soft voice and the clean scent of talc about her. But no face. No name.” She paused. “Even so, I don’t know if I could forgive a person for a crime like that.” She lifted herself to face him. “But yet, you do.”

“I do, because I must,” said Brax. He brushed a loose strand of hair from her face. “We must not forget the reason why I have returned. There is a great threat to us all out there. A threat that we must eliminate and defeat.”

She stared at him longingly. She felt comfortable, warm, cared for here. She felt as if she could stay here the rest of her days and not want for anything. But Brax was right. They had been chosen by the Force to wage this battle. And she had no choice but join with him to fight it. She opened her mouth to speak, but Brax shushed her by placing a gauntleted finger on her lips.

I know. I feel what you do. “But we must.”

Jasra nodded. She looked at the transparent wall. The sun was up. The day had started.

“Then let us go and meet with the Zedai Council,” she said, raising herself to her knees. She grinned softly. “And then we can rejoin the Vsssx celebration. You did say that it would last the week, didn’t you?”

“Traditionally, yes.”

“Then let’s find Atton and meet with your Council,” she said, grabbing his arms and attempting to pull him up.

He countered her grip, then grinned rakishly. “Soon, my love,” he said, pulling her down towards him. “It’s still early yet.”

Old 08-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #568
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Aren't you the man who won all of those rounds at the Black Jack table? I saw the mountain of chips you had near you by the end of the night..."
"Oh, you saw that? Keh, I was having a bad night. Normally I'd have twice as much, especially if I was playing Pazaak. The game's in my blood."
The Omwati woman sitting next to him leaned in closer, a finger trailing lightly across his bare chest. Apparently he had forgotten to put his shirt back on...
"I do love a lucky man. And you're an albino too. Just think of how I could brag..."
Her lightly trailing finger became a hard jab in the shoulder, and a second voice entered his head.
"Atton, wake up!"
He looked around, pawing at the air to knock away the invisible hand that was jabbing him. "Hey, cut it out!"
"WAKE UP!"

The pilot slowly cracked open his eyes, pulling out of the nothingness that was between wakefulness and sleep, giving a disgruntled grumble as he did so.
"What the hell...go away..."
He closed his eyes again, and again felt the hard jab, and the now-recognizable voice calling him.
"Atton, c'mon, get up."
"Damn it, what--JEEZE!" he jumped several feet backwards, almost falling off the side of the bed as he saw Jasra's face so close to his. Pulling the covers back over himself, he pawed at the fabric mindlessly.
"What in the name of Sith's blood are you doing here??"

Old 08-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #569
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Apparently," she said, tilting her head up and eyeing the flimsy sheet he was so desperately clinging to around his waist, "interrupting a good dream."

Jasra grinned with wry amusement. "C'mon," she said, trying her best to keep a straight face. "Get dressed. Brax is taking us to meet with the Zedai Council."

She turned to leave, but then stopped at the door. "You do still have clothes, don't you?" She glanced over her shoulder at him. "You didn't bet them all last night, did you?"

Old 08-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #570
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"No, of course not! I may bet a lot but I do know when to stop, and as an FYI, it turns out I got most of what I lost back." he snapped defensively. He was not a morning person.
"They got any caffa in this place? Hell knows I'm going to be drinking an entire brew of it to get outta this hang over..."

Old 08-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #571
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Jasra was puzzled. "Hangover? How come you have a hangover and I don't?" she asked. Then she shook her head. "Nevermind. Don't answer that. Look, I don't know about actual caffa," Jasra said. "But they have something similar that I spotted some of them drinking on the way to come and fetch you." She grinned then with false sweetness. "But if you don't like it, I'm sure there is still plenty of Yslat beer left."

Old 08-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #572
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Uhh, no, no more beer. No thanks. At least, not till tonight..." Atton seemed to think for a moment, wondering if the beer was really worth this major headache. He looked up at her, as if for the first time realizing she was still in the room.
"Look, will you go already? I'm supposed to be getting dressed."

Old 08-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #573
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Fine," she said haughtily. She turned to go, but hesitated. "I don't know why you're suddenly so shy. It's not like you have anything I haven't seen before." She looked at him askance. "Or do you...?"

A flying pillow hit her in head. "Alright, alright!" she said, unable to keep herself from laughing. "I'm going!"

She left his room, shutting the door behind her.

"He'll be out as soon as he gets dressed," she said to Brax, who had been waiting outside in the corridor. "So, how come Atton has a hangover and I don't?"

Brax grinned slyly, then pulled her close and kissed her.

"Oh," she said with a knowing smile. "That's why."

Last edited by JasraLantill; 08-20-2006 at 09:39 AM.
JasraLantill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #574
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
The Doctor stepped onto the bridge of the Dreadless, Rose right behind him. He pushed the soldier at ops aside gently, taking in the data reading across the screen.
"Commander," he said. "You've got three more ships coming into the system, their weapons charged. We can't hold out against all of them!"
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #575
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Atton sighed exasperatedly and fell back onto the bed as she finally left the room. Damn woman...she was with Brax...why'd she have to keep teasing him the way she was?
Finally dragging himself out of bed, he took a quick, cold shower. Dressing, he fought with his hair for a few minutes before deeming it a useless struggle. Stepping outside, he almost ran right into Jasra and Brax.
"Whoa."

Old 08-20-2006, 05:22 AM   #576
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"We can't let them have the Almanac. We just need to get closer and to take down they're shields and we can easily destroy the enemies bridge," Tylor replied, then muttered to himself "Dammit, why did Captain Ford leave? He's much better at these situations than me."

Make love, not toast.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #577
3yks
Rookie

"Whoa, indeed," Brax motioned for him to walk with him and Jasra, wrapping his arm around Jasra's shoulder and pulling her to his side. "I hear rumors that you finally picked up on the whole '21 instead of 20' thing." He grinned at Atton.

Before Atton could really answer they were entering a large archway. An into a large room. "We'll talk more later." Brax said, and kissed Jasra ont he temple before heading off arounda huge arced table, six people sat on each side of the arc, culminating with an empty seat, which Brax took, in the center. There was another smaller arced table with four chairs at it. Faced toward the larger one.

"Have a seat," Brax said as he motioned toward the smaller table. Jasra and Atton took the two center chairs, the council sat down once they had.

"I call this morning session of the council of Elder Zedai to order." Brax said, he was dressed in fine robes, blue and black in color, with intricate designs weaved into a center peice down his chest and lower.

"It has been some time since i was home, Arivus would you mind getting us up-to-date?"

"Of Course, sir." Arivus stood from his place directly to Brax's left, and raised his hand, a hologram apeared between the two tables. "Here is the itenrary for today. It is brief, since this is not a normal meeting. We will start with the reading of an essay on the possible reasons why male Zedai are not being born among the Zedai populace."

Arivus motioned to a woman at the end of the table who stood and began to speak.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #578
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Vros raised his head, still kneeling, to look up at the black mirror in front of him. "The Valeyard has agreed to our proposal, Master," he said. "He has promised to bring us the Exile, if in turn promise him the Doctor."
He was silent for a moment, listening.

"My Lord, if I may... what is it that the Valeyard wants from the Doctor? What could any Time Lord possibly need from another?"

The mirror spoke to him again, though the chamber remained silent.

"Of course," he said. "I apologise for my ignorance, Master. When the Time Lords created him-"

He fell silent, listening again. "Of course, Master. I apologise again." He bowed to the mirror, then snapped his head up again. "What? Rand? What could he possibly-"

He fell silent again as the mirror cut him off.

"Is that really neccessary?" he asked. "Surely the Valeyard does not require assistance?"

He listened, and then:

"Of course not, mi'Lord," he stammered. "I would never question you. I will do as you command... I was simply requesting an insight into your plan - so I might better serve you!"

He bowed after a moment. "Of course, Master. It shall be done."

He stood, bowed at the waist one last time, then turned on his heel and marched out of the chamber.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:07 PM   #579
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Essay? Did he say 'essay'?"

Jasra nudged Atton in the ribs with her elbow. "Be quiet," she hissed softly, as the Zedai woman introduced herself as Sasshiv, and thanked the Council for the opportunity to address them.

"Yeah, but essays are long. And boring."

“This is a Council meeting," Jasra whispered back irritatedly. “Don’t be impolite."

“Sorry,” Atton whispered. “Forgot that long and boring is a universal standard for Council meetings everywhere.”

Jasra glared at him.

Sasshiv rose from her seat stood, and it was immediately obvious to both Jasra and Atton that she was heavily pregnant.

Atton made a noise halfway between a snort and a gasp. “She’s….pregnant,” he whispered.

Jasra kicked Atton’s shin. “Don’t stare,” she whispered.

“…an alarming decrease in the number of male births among the Zedai,” Sasshriv read, “and although there does not appear to be any genetic link to this event, our studies have conclusively shown that statistically the odds of two Zedai parents having a Force Sensitive male…”

“O-ow,” Atton whined, rubbing his leg.

"Shh!"

"... in 50,000. Extensive genetic testing has revealed no specific physical abnormality to account for this loss of Force Sensitivity, and there has been only a slight decrease in the general population’s birth rate of Force Sensitive males. However, in comparative analysis between both Force Sensitive and non-Force Sensitive parents in the general population…..

Atton stifled a yawn. “Told you this was going to be long.”

Jasra elbowed him in the ribs. "You're embarrassing me!" she hissed through gritted teeth.

Sasshiv went on to give statistical figures on their studies for the next few minutes. But then something caught Atton’s attention.

“Did she say ‘non-Omwati birth parent?’” Atton whispered.

Jasra turned and glared at him. “Be. Quiet,” she whispered back.

More statistics.

“You know, you could end up as one of those statistics if you’re not caref… Ow!” Atton frowed. “Stop kicking me, will you?”

“Then quit acting like a drunken fool.”

Atton considered for a moment. “I’m hungover, not drunk.”

“Shh!”

“…as we know, they are not as common. In conclusion,….”

“Finally,” Atton sighed. Then he quickly moved his leg, and grinned. “Ha. Missed,” he whispered.

“As we can find no obvious scientific reason for this decrease, we can only speculate that the Living Force is cognizantly denying males access to having Force Sensitive abilities, at the very earliest stages of fetal development.” She bowed to the Council. “Thank you.”

“Are there any questions?”

“Can we go now?” Atton said under his breath.

Jasra elbowed him again.

“Thank you, Sasshiv. And now,” Brax addressed the Council, “for new business.” He nodded at Jasra and Atton.

Jasra prodded Atton to stand. “I, and my compatriot,” she gave Atton a doubtful look, “are on a mission to locate a missing Jedi Master. She, and a handful of Jedi trainees were abducted from their vessel only a few days ago. The evidence we have gathered so far indicates that they were abducted because they were Force Sensitive, but we are unsure of the reason why or where to look for them. We also believe that the abduction of Master Shan is linked to a previous disappearance of a Zedai vessel in that same area. We have come to ask the Zedai if they will assist us in the matter.”

Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 PM   #580
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Commander, we have to get out of here!" yelled the Doctor, as the ops console exploded behind him. "There are too many of them - we can't hold out against them for much longer!"
Old 08-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #581
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"He's right, Captain!" Karda shouted as he dodged the many blasts coming from the ships; he had been in contact with the ship and heard the Doctor's yell. "If no reinforcements came, we had a chance - I'm afraid that if any pirate ships come, we won't be able to make any kind of escape."

He pulled hard away from one of the enemy ships, watching Republic fighters engage hopelessly against an increasingly larger enemy. This is more like a pirate fleet than anything else - I wonder if Revan and Kira have discovered anything pertaining to this on Nar Shaddaa... But unfortunately, no time for that.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2006, 05:24 AM   #582
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"We cant escape. Our hyperdrive has been too damagely damaged. It'll take atleast two hours to repair... Doctor, did you say your TARDIS could go anywhere at anytime? Even those ships..." Tylor suggested.
"Shields are down and we have a lock on their bridge! Firing torpeedors!" There was a moments pause "Torpeedors have hit the target! Enemy bridge has been destroyed."

Make love, not toast.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #583
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"There's no point in using the TARDIS to board the other ships - there's too many of them. But we can use it to get out of here."
Old 08-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #584
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"You can get more than 100 people on this ship?" Tylor questioned the Doctor.
"Tylor!" Called out the radar officer "We have detected a Republic Star Destroyer on route that passes our location. If we send a message to them they could easily assist us."
"Do it!" Order Tylor before cotinueing his work as his piloting station.

Make love, not toast.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:43 PM   #585
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I can fit a hundred million people on the TARDIS," said the Doctor, smiling slightly.

((w00t for one liners... sorry, not very creative today. My bad...))
Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #586
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"One hundred million people? Good grief! How big is that thing? That must be a quater of the population of Coruscant." Tylor exclaimed.

(No really wants to read 10 paragraph post at this time of the day, do they?)

Make love, not toast.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #587
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((I demand a ten-paragraph post out of both of you this very instant ))

"Coruscant's bigger than that," the Eagle's Wing objected. "Surely its population is..."

"Sorry to interrupt," Crystal said, frowning. "But the population of Coruscant seems slightly trivial at the moment. Eagle, open your drop bay. Karda, get in. Doctor and Tylor, get everyone on the Dreadless aboard the TARDIS as quickly as you can. We're getting out of here..." She paused, but soon continued. "I'm sorry, Karda. You're in charge here, aren't you. Should we do as I've suggested?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #588
steven
^I'm with Genius^

((NEVER!))

"Sir, the Star Destroyer has responded to our distress call and is diverting its course to assist us. The ship's ID inform us that the Star Destroyer is the Prometheus. The fourth largest ship in the republic fleet." Report the coms officer.

"Good god. This is going to be interesting. How many pirate vessels are there?" Tylor asked

"Three pirate corvette class ships, the cruiser class ships we'd just debridged and 6 flight squads." Informed the radar officer.

"Okay people, the star destroyer should be here in three or four minutes. Get the Dreadless to engage the fighter squads... I want every turret armed if they havent allready. All fighters must divert any attacks from the corvettes and cruiser and focus it on the fighter squadrons," Order Tylor before muttering to himself "Damn it, Ford. You had to leave didn't you..."

Make love, not toast.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #589
JasraLantill
No One Liners

We have come to ask the Zedai if they will assist us in the matter,” Jasra said to the Zedai Council.

“By ‘us,’ do you mean just you and your ‘compatriot’,” Sisshiv asked, “or are there ‘other’ parties involved?”

“Well, the Republic and the Jedi,” Atton blurted. “If you consider them ‘parties’.”

There was a long pause. An exceedingly long pause. Jasra looked at Atton askance. It was obviously his fault that the Zedai were not responding to her request, but Atton merely shrugged his shoulders in rebuttal to her silent accusation.

Is something wrong? Jasra asked Brax through their connection. They’re not answering.

They are… considering, came Brax’s cryptic reply.

Finally, Sasshiv spoke. “You and your… ‘compatriot,’” she said in a slow, clear voice. “You represent the Republic and the Jedi in an official capacity?”

Jasra wasn’t sure how to answer. If she answered yes, would the Zedai see that as favourable, or would they refuse to help because they viewed the Jedi and the Republic as a threat to them? And if she answered no, would the Zedai view her and their mission as not important enough to consider assisting them?

Either way, Jasra didn’t really consider herself a representative of the Republic, officially or unofficially. And as for being a Jedi, well… she still wasn’t certain about that classification either. Again, she glanced at Atton. Atton certainly wasn’t an ‘official’ anything, except a crass scoundrel, but Jasra didn’t think disclosing that to Sisshiv would be particularly helpful. For a moment, she wished Karda was here. If anyone was ‘official’ in their mission, it was him. He’d know exactly how to answer.

Brax? she asked through their link, as glanced over at him. What should I say?

But Brax didn’t answer her.

Oh. Jasra bit her lower lip. This is a test, isn’t it?

The corner of Brax’s mouth upturned in a barely perceptible grin.

Well, Jasra thought, she certainly didn’t see any advantage in lying to the Zedai Council. “N-o,” she answered Sisshiv slowly. “Not us exclusively. But we, along with a team of others, have been assigned the task of finding out what happened to Master Shan by the Jedi Council, in conjunction with Republic assistance. Part of our team is following a lead to Nar Shaddaa to investigate a Hutt called Juppa. The other part of the team is proceeding to the planet Myrkr to find someone called Valclav Amek, whom we believe to be the pirate in charge of ambushing Master Shan’s ship.”

“And you are here investigating a lead as well? Here? On Omwat?” Jasra could detect a definite suspicion in Shissiv’s question.

“Well, not so much as a lead as a quest for information,” Jasra said. “And also for…” Her eyes met Brax’s, and quite suddenly, Jasra felt herself begin to flush. It had been a few hours since she and Brax had had an intimate moment, and she was beginning to feel… amorous again. And it was making her quite uncomfortable in the presence of the Zedai Council. “…personal reasons.” She stifled Atton’s s****** by stamping on his foot under the table. “And we have uncovered information that indicates an Omwati ship was also ravaged in the same area of space, by, we suspect, the same individuals responsible for Master Shan’s disappearance. We were hoping we could help each other before we rejoin our team near Myrkr in three days time.”

She looked at Brax. Was my answer alright?

Perfect.

Sisshiv eyed Jasra over for a moment, then grinned softly. “I have no objection to sharing information with the albino Jasra Lantill and her compatriot, Atton Rand. Provided they stay for the Shssassrix.”

Jasra immediately agreed, but Atton raised an eyebrow and said, “The sha shasha what?”

Sisshiv smiled. “Shssassrix,” she repeated. “It’s a mate-bonding ceremony.”

Atton gave a panicked look to Jasra, but Jasra merely glared at him. “Not me and you, laserbrain,” she hissed softly. “Me and Brax.”

Atton immediately relaxed. “Oh. Yeah. Right.” Then he frowned. “Hey… wait a minute. Does that mean, you two are getting married?”

“No,” Brax said. “Not married. Mate-bonding among my people is… not as permanent.”

“Ah,” said Atton. “So, more like an engagement.”

“No, it is not anything like an engagement,” said Brax. “But that explanation is close enough for your limited understanding.”

“R-ight,” Atton said, shaking his head without comprehension. “So, about this information…."

Old 08-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #590
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
A power realy behind the Doctor exploded, sending shrapnel across the room. The force of the blast knocked the occupant of a nearby console to the ground, a large plasma burn across his face.

The Doctor knelt beside him, while Rose manned the damaged console. "There's a hull breach on D Deck!" she shouted. "We're venting atmosphere!"

The Doctor pulled the sonic screwdriver from his pocket, activated it, and ran it across the injured soldier's face. "You've got third degree plasma burns on your face and neck. I'm taking you with me to the TARDIS." He turned to Rose. "Rose, help me get him to the TARDIS. Commander, we'll bring the TARDIS up to the bridge in a moment."
Old 08-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #591
JasraLantill
No One Liners

The Zedai Council explained to Brax, Jasra, and Atton that they had indeed been aware of the disappearance of one of their ships. But they had not sent it in search of Brax, as he had first thought. They had sent it to investigate why one of their ‘listening’ posts on the outskirts of Republic space had quite suddenly gone silent. When the ship had not returned, they sent another. And this one had discovered that the listening post was abandoned.

There had not been any signs of struggle, and at first, the Zedai thought that their operatives had abandoned the station for some unknown emergency, as all of their ships had gone as well. But on further investigation, they discovered the true reason behind their comrades’ sudden disappearance.

“We found this,” one of the Zedai on the Council said. He pushed a button and a holographic image appeared in the space between the two tables in the Council chambers. The hologram was a playback of the last recorded event at the Zedai listening post. Again, Jasra saw the men in black with the Ysalamiri on their shoulders, the same ones from the Almanac’s med bay recording, abducting the Zedai. Of course, they were having a harder time of it than they had had on the Almanac. The Zedai on the post were not trainees, and some even had gauntlets like the ones Brax wore. But eventually, they were overwhelmed from what looked like to be a special kind of gas, that didn’t seem to affect the mysterious men in black.

“Ysalamiri again,” said Jasra. “That’s exactly how the crew of the Almanac were taken. Wonder what that gas they used was?”

“We were unable to obtain any samples for chemical analysis,” said Sisshiv. “But from the holovid, we can assume that it is very potent and very fast acting. And as it left no chemical traces, we can also assume it degrades quite rapidly and probably only has short term effects on the body.”

At the mention of the word ‘body’, Jasra’s eyes once again flicked to Brax’s. She swallowed, and tried to push the thought of being with him out of her mind and concentrate on the issue. “We suspect that these ‘pirates’ are abducting people because they are Force Sensitive.”

There were looks exchanged between the Zedai. “We suspect the same thing.”

“Oh?” said Brax.

“We have recovered one of the Zedai from the listening post,” said Sisshiv. She paused. “Physically, Berasmus is unharmed, but we can find no explanation for his present… state.”

“State?” Brax frowned at the word. “What ‘state?’”

Again, there was hesitation. Finally, Sisshiv spoke. “He is no longer Force Sensitive.”

“What?” said Jasra. “Has he been psychologically damaged in some way?”

“His mental health is fine,” Sisshiv explained. “He is just no longer Force Sensitive.”

“But… how can that be?” Jasra asked, frowning. “What could have caused that?”

“Berasmus claims there is some sort of machine that extracted the very essence of his Force from his body,” said Sisshiv. “A machine made by a man. A former Jedi that calls himself Lord Vros.”

“Lord, huh?” said Atton. “Sith Lord, more like.”

Jasra exchanged looks with Brax. “And where can we find this ‘Lord Vros?’”

“That is unknown,” said Sisshiv. “Berasmus never knew what planet he was held captive on. When our search team was investigating the research post, they intercepted a transmission from a ship complaining to someone on Nar Shaddaa about an Omwati slave they had just purchased from an auction there. The ship was intercepted, and Berasmus was rescued. He did not remember how he came to be at the auction, only that he had been previously detained by this Lord Vros.”

Jasra looked at Atton, then Brax. “We must inform the others.”

“Yeah,” said Atton. “Only, we can’t transmit ship to ship from this far out. And you’ve got your shusha-whatever ceremony first.”

“We will move the Shssassrix up to tomorrow,” said Brax. This statement elicited some frowns from some of the more traditional Council members. “As the leader of the Council, I have the right to decree it so.” He paused. “Besides, it’s my Shssassrix.”

“Ours,” Jasra added quietly. She gave him a wanton look. Her desire for him was getting harder for her to resist.

Brax gave her a wicked grin. “I declare this session of the Zedai Council closed,” he said abruptly. He rose, and the other Zedai followed suit and bowed their heads. Brax walked around the arched table and sought out Jasra. “Come,” he said. “Let me show you the view from the top level of our city.”

“Oh, here we go again….” Atton rolled his eyes. “I’ll just go make myself scarce, shall I?”

“You do that, Atton,” said Jasra as she took Brax’s arm in hers.

“Worse than Gizka,” Atton muttered as he watched them stroll off.

Old 08-26-2006, 04:01 PM   #592
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Not anymore..."

"Then we'll have to make do with this one," said Revan, entering the console room with a slight limp.

"Revan!" said Kira, her temper rising slightly. "You shouldn't be up!"

"I'm fine!" he said, pushing her away gently as she made to lead him back to the infirmery.

"Got it!" said the Valeyard, ignoring the exchange between the two Jedi. The engines began to grind normally again, and the centre of the console began to bob up and down as usual. "Right, I've found the Ebon Hawk. We should materialise in the cargo bay. Hold on."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The TARDIS materilased in the starboard dormitory of the Ebon Hawk.

"Close enough," said the Valeyard, stepping out of the TARDIS.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #593
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"You're going to get yourself hurt, you know that." Kira told Revan over her shoulder as she proceeded to follow the Valeyard out.

"How can I get hurt, with you protecting me?" he said jokingly, smiling slightly.

Peering at him over her shoulder, she tried to force back a smile.

"Haha," she said, reaching back and prodding him quickly in the chest, "Revan made a funny."

Exiting the TARDIS, the Jedi Exile peered around, her eyes flashing. The footlockers beneath the bunks had been bashed open, the items inside scattered every which way across the dormitory. Her eyes had drifted across to what was Atton's bunk, where they alighted on a little red peice of cloth, framed with gold hanging from the edge of the bunk. Her face blushed scarlette.

The bastard did keep it.

Quickly crossing to the bunk, she snatched the outfit and hid it out of sight beneath her cloak.

"Looks like someone was looking for something..." she said, acting as if nothing had happened.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #594
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Probably just money and valuables," said Revan, looking around the room. "Unless you're keeping something here that you aren't telling me about?" He smiled slightly - he had seen her hide the outfit in her tunic.
"Let's get on with it, please," said the Valeyard. "Let us re-take the ship, and return to Nar Shaddaa."
Old 08-26-2006, 05:29 PM   #595
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Right," Kira said, pulling her lightsaber from her belt, "I agree with the Valeyard. The others are counting on us, after all."
C'mon...don't ask questions...let's go... she thought to herself, stepping towards the door.
"So, two choices. Negotiate to see if we can get the ship back, or a sneak attack." Kira said, peering into the corridor outside.
"Attack." the Valeyard said, without pause, "It's far faster, and need I remind you that we're dealing with criminals and mercenaries? They won't release the ship without a fight."
"Still..."
A moment later, the decision was made for them when a blaster bolt interrupted Kira.
"We gots stow-aways!!!" the mercenary bellowed.
Kira cursed under her breath, "Mical!" she called, igniting her saberstaff. The other Jedi stepped from the TARDIS, his blade ready.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #596
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Three more mercenaries appeared at the first's call. Revan's blade was up in a flash. He brought it around in a wide arch, blocking three blaster bolts. Not having time to angle the blade to return them to the guns they came from, they bit into the durasteel plating of the corridor. He threw out a hand, pulling one of them men's guns from his hand and beating him across the face with it, breaking his nose and knocking him unconscious.

The Valeyard pulled a small, blaster-like weapon from his belt and opened fire, catching one of the mercenaries in the chest - promptly vapourising him completely. He ducked behind the bulkhead as a blast bolt sheared past Revan's blade, nearly hitting him in the face. "You missed one, Jedi!" he bellowed.

"My bad," he called back, sending another volley of shots back towards the mercenaries, catching two of them with their own fire.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #597
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Seeing Brax and Jasra walking off arm and arm reminded Atton of what he and Kira had shared… before Revan had come on the scene.

Atton’s jaw tightened. It was hard to admit it to himself, but he was jealous of Revan. Here he was on Omwat with its Yslat beer and blackjack, but where he really wanted to be was with Kira. But Revan was with Kira now. Probably holding her in his arms, drinking in her intoxicating scent, hearing the music in one of her small laughs, all the while gazing into her glittering blue eyes and….

He clenched his fist and pushed the thought out of his head.

“Everything all right?”

Atton turned to see the pregnant female Zedai Sisshiv standing behind him. “Erm… fine. Just feeling a bit….”

“Jealous?” she said perceptively. “It is not common among Omwatis, but the Zedai are very well versed in detecting emotions. But don’t worry,” she said soothingly. “I’m sure after the Nessense has passed, Jasra will become more interested in you again.”

“Me?” Atton choked. “Me and Jasra?” He shook his head. “Erm… think you’ve got the wrong end of the saber, lady. I’m not interested in Jasra.”

Sisshiv frowned.

“Well, not in the way you’re implying. We’re just… friends.”

Sisshiv tilted her head in silent query.

“Okay, maybe I’m just a little interested.”

Sisshiv began to grin.

Atton sighed. “Alright, alright! I’m interested in her! Okay? Happy now?” He shook his head. “You Zedai are just as frustrating as Jedi, you know that?”

Sisshiv smiled. “I will take that as a compliment,” she said. “As I said, once the Nessense has passed, she will be more receptive to you.”

Atton frowned. “Nessence? What’s that? Another ceremony?”

“No,” said Sisshiv. “It’s the period of time over which a male Omwati releases his bonding pheromones.”

Bonding pheromones? Is that why Jasra’s been acting all… weird and clingy with Brax?”

Sisshiv nodded. “Historically, Omwati women are not very faithful to their partners. So, over time, the males of our species developed the ability to emit very intoxicating pheromones, in order to keep their chosen partner interested in only them, until….” She looked down at her swollen belly.

Atton frowned. “So you’re saying that….” He shook his head. “But…Jasra’s not an Omwati. She’s a Jedi. And Jedi don’t have….” He eyed her protruding belly. “Those.”

Sisshiv smiled. “The pheromones may affect non-Omwati differently, but….” She shrugged.

“Is there an antidote?” Atton asked. “You know, something to stop Brax from emitting the pheromones in the first place?”

Sisshiv looked over her shoulder. “There is something experimental we’ve been working on,” she said conspiratorially. “But it is not a project that is approved of by the Council.”

“Oh. Right,” whispered Atton, nodding. “The declining birth rate thing. Gotcha.”

“I could let you have a sample of the prototype serum we've developed, but there is no guarantee that it would work on a non-Omwati.”

“I’m willing to give it a try,” said Atton. “It would be nice to have the old Jasra back.”

Sisshiv raised an eyebrow.

“Erm… not back for my benefit,” he explained. “Strictly for Jasra’s, of course.”

Sisshiv grinned wryly. “Of course.” She looked over her shoulder, to make sure that the other Zedai had left the room. “I’ll give you the sample before the Shssassrix ceremony tomorrow.”

Atton grinned. “Great.” He started towards the door. “See you tomorrow then.”

As he left the room, he felt better. Fine, he thought, if he couldn’t have Kira, he’d have Jasra instead. She was younger, granted, but just as pretty and just as non-Jedi. And, after he cured her of this pheromone thing, she should be grateful to him, too. Very grateful.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:07 PM   #598
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Let's focus here, shall we?" Kira called to both of them, her saber biting through the chest of a mercenary. As the body clunked to the ground, she pushed a loose strand of hair back behind her ear. They had survived the first wave...

"Are you sure you're able to fight, Revan?" Disciple asked, kicking one of the limp mercinaries off to the side so they could pass.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #599
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Just like new," he answered, extinguishing his lightsaber and disarming the mercenaries, pulling out the power packs of each weapon. "Never felt better."
Old 08-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #600
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Kira watched him, trying to hide the worry in her eyes. He had fractured his ribs in several places, a few actually breaking. In all normal circumstances, he houldn't have been able to stand, no matter how much he wanted to...but then again...he wasn't exactly a normal man.
"C'mon, she said, turning to Mical, "There's bound to be more rats in this ship, if you know what I mean."

For fifteen minutes the Jedi searched out the remaining theives, killing any who attacked. Her cloak splotched with blood that was not her own, Kira returned to the main hold,where she met the others.
"That's all of them." she said, pulling the cloak off in disgust. Sure, she was used to the gore of battle, but she wasn't about to wear it if she didn't have to.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances