lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #241
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Revan walked up beside Kira and Atton. "Atton, you left your coffee cup on the navigation console again. How many times do I have to tell you to be careful with my ship? Even Canderous knew how to..."
He stopped as he noticed the wide eyed look the soldier at the bottom of the ramp was giving him. Revan smiled and nodded. "Hey there," he said. "I'm Revan."

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-02-2006 at 04:02 PM.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #242
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
Tylor nodded. "Tylor," He replied, assuming this wasn't thee Revan, just someone with the same name. "Anyone else with you or shall we head to the briefing room?"

Make love, not toast.

Last edited by steven; 07-02-2006 at 04:09 PM.
steven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #243
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Revan looked over his shoulder. "The Doctor will be along shortly," he said, throwing Kira a quick glance. "I believe he can find his own way."

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-02-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #244
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"The Doctor, I thought he was allready here, guess I was wrong. Well if your sure he can find his own way, please follow me."

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #245
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"I'm not even sure it will work ... but I've heard of this bond I want to make. And I think I can do it."

Even though it was reassuring to hear Brax’s thoughts in her head, Jasra struggled with herself in her own mind. One part of her desperately wanted the bond with Brax, hungered for it, craved it. Another part was warning her away from the bond, telling her to evaluate all her options before choosing her path. The conflict raged like a stormy sea inside her, ripping her apart from Brax’s mind one moment, yet trying to meld with him in the next.

“Arrgh!” She winced, though she did not have the will to physically pull herself away from him. “Too… many… thoughts! Jedi…thoughts!”

As he released her, she knew Brax had felt the conflict within her mind. Her physical body had been trained as a Jedi—and the memories were there, just denied by her current consciousness. She slumped against him, feeling exhausted now from her internal struggle.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, heaving deep breaths with her head pressed against his chest. “I want to, but I can’t.” Her ice blue eyes sought his and she gave him a soft grin. “Not yet.”

Steadied by Brax’s arms, she eventually found her feet. “Maybe Karda was right. If the pheromone effect was nullified, maybe I’d be able to focus,” she suggested, although she didn’t sound convinced herself. “Or maybe Crystal can help. She’s helped me focus before.” She frowned slightly, again not convinced. “At any rate, I do feel a bit more focused now, even though you didn’t complete what you were doing.” She bit her lip, and raised a sly eyebrow. “Though, I still feel an urge to kiss you.”

Hand in hand, she and Brax headed off towards the briefing room of the Dreadless.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 07-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #246
JasraLantill
No One Liners

The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
((OOC: Sorry for the double post, but as Rob hasn't posted anything, I'll just go ahead with it. (Rob, just jump in when you feel like it.) ))

In the briefing room, Karda greeted Kira, Revan, and Atton as Tylor brought them in. “Glad you could come,” he said to them. “I think we’re going to need your help. The others will be here soon, but as they’ve already been briefed, I’ll just give you the basics of our mission.” He sighed. “Bastila Shan, and a score of Jedi hopefuls, are missing. They were on their way to the Jedi Enclave at Dantooine when all contact with their ship the Almanac was lost. When a Republic search team finally located it, the crew, Bastila, and her potential Padawans, were gone. We believe they’ve been kidnapped, but we still don’t know why. Or, if they are still alive.”

Karda gave Revan a sympathetic look. “I’m sorry,” he said. “You and Master Shan were close friends, weren’t you?”

Just then, Rose and the Doctor followed by Jasra and Brax entered the briefing room and sat down at the table.

“Sorry we’re late,” Jasra quickly apologised. “We got….” She gazed into Brax’s eyes and grinned coyly. “Erm...distracted.”

Karda glared at Brax, then sighed as he turned to Kira, Revan, and Atton. “Jasra has a slight… chemical problem at the moment. But,” he continued, giving Jasra a quick glare, “right now, we need to figure out where we should start looking for Bastila and the Jedi hopefuls. We’ve been investigating the Almanac for clues, but I believe it would be helpful if we all shared what we found, so that we’re not following any false leads. Doctor?” Karda turned to the Doctor and Rose. “I believe you found something interesting on board. Care to share it with us?”

“Wait,” Jasra interrupted. “Where’s Crystal?”

Karda sighed. “I’m sure she’s on her way,” he said irritated, by Jasra’s lack of concentration on the topic at hand. “Now,” he continued, “Doctor? Tell us what you found.”

Old 07-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #247
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Revan narrowed his eyes slightly. Doctor.
Well this is interesting... he thought, touching Kira's mind.

The Doctor stepped forwad, Rose passing him the disc he had given her. "We found a video log recorded by the ship's doctor," he said. "It records the beginning of an attack on the medical bay, before the camera was destroyed by the attackers."
He walked to the front of the room, inserted the disc into the drive, and activated the screen.

The doctor appeared on the screen, and her dictation began.

"... just lost main power. We're running on backups. And the comm is out, so we can't even... bridge! I've ordered a-"
There was a burst of static, the screen flickering for a fraction of a second as the door to the med bay blew open behind the doctor, sending shrapnel everywhere. The doctor screamed as she was pulled away from the camera by a masked figure with overly large shoulders.

"Pause playback," said the Doctor. He tapped the console, and the screen zoomed in on the man's shoulders, bringing the small lizard-like creature drapped over his shoulders into focus.
"What is it?" asked Atton.
"That, Mr. Rand, is a Ysilmar. It's a reptile species native to the planet Myrkr. You see, it's predators are Force sensative. Therefore, they have evolved with the unique ability to create Force voide surrounding them. Depending on the size of the individual, this bubble of 'anti-Force', for lack of a better term, deafens it's predators to the Force, allowing it to escape with less difficulty."
Old 07-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #248
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Make's sence," Replied John "What better way of kidnapping a jedi then to take away they're power. Take away the very thing that they depend on. It's a good tatic. It was suggested that they should be used during the Jedi Civil war but we ran into a small problem."

"You see, Ysalamiri sink their claws into the trees on which they live and draw nutrients. It's very difficult to remove a ysalamir from its tree without killing it. All attempts we took to remove them from the trees ended up in complete failure so we stopped all operations and set up a few traps incase the enemy attempted to copy our operation."

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #249
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Well, someone seems to have devised a way of removing them without killing them," said the Doctor. "And used them to kidnap Mistress Shan and her padawans."
Old 07-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #250
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"And I put my credits on that the Sith or some Dark Jedi Cult kidnapped them." Said John. "It's make perfect sence. They proberly used some acient device they found in the ancient ruins on Korriban, kidnapped Bastila to use her Battle Meditation against the Jedi and the Republic and took the padawan in hopes of turning them to their side." John suggested "Or I could be completely barking up the wrong tree."

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #251
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Bastila's Battle Meditation doesn't do anyone any good unless they're openly at war," said Revan. "Besides, they'd have to turn her to the Dark Side - something she won't let happen. Not again."
Old 07-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #252
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Maybe this is all a trap, you know to lure someone or something out. But still we keep in mind my Battle Meditation idea. I've seen what it can happen when the Battle Meditation is used for evil first hand." Said Tylor "Refering to the Battle of the Starforge.

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #253
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I trust Bastila," spat Revan, glaring at Tylor. "She won't turn on m... us."
Old 07-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #254
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Okay, I believe you. Any other suggestions people? There has to dozens of reasons on why some power crazed sith would want a jedi of Bastila's status."

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #255
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Maybe they want to use her as a bargaining chip or something?" suggested Rose. "She's got to be worth something to the Republic..."

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-10-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #256
JasraLantill
No One Liners

“Well, I vote for Tylor’s trap idea,” Jasra volunteered. “Whoever kidnapped Master Shan probably knows that the Council would send other Jedi to look for her. And as a Master’s duty is to protect their Padawan, they are probably using the trainees as a way to keep Bastila from escaping. I mean, she wouldn’t escape if it meant leaving them to die.”

As she looked at Brax for reassurance, Karda cleared his throat loudly and gave Jasra a look.

“What?” Jasra bristled at his insinuating glare. “It’s totally plausible.”

“Yes,” Karda agreed. “But why? Why would someone go to all that trouble to kidnap one Jedi Master and a handful of untrained Padawans, even if it were to lure in a few other Jedi sent to find them? If we disappear on this mission, you can guarantee that the Council won’t be so quick to send anyone looking for us.”

Jasra shrugged. “Well, I don’t know why,” Jasra answered. “I’m just saying that if I was needing to lure in a live Jedi for some reason, that’s what I would do. Kidnap one and wait.” She shrugged. “I mean, we’re here, aren’t we? If that’s their plan, it’s working like a charm so far.”

Old 07-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #257
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"But why would they want any Jedi?" asked Rose. "I thought there was no bounty on them anymore?"
Old 07-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #258
JasraLantill
No One Liners

“No more bounty?” Jasra looked at Rose and the Doctor askance, then snorted. “Well, I suppose without Togo around in this timeline, there wouldn’t be anymore.”

Karda had been pensive for a moment, but then said, “Perhaps it’s not so much being a Jedi, but just being Force Sensitive.” He began to punch some buttons on the console in front of him, apparently searching for something in the computer databanks.

Jasra snorted. “Or maybe Tylor was right. Maybe they want to use Bastila’s Battle Meditation for some other war. One we don’t know about.” She looked at Brax. “You and Revan both were in the Unknown Regions. Any wars going on out there?”

“Here,” Karda interrupted excitedly. “Look at this.” A hologram appeared in the middle of the conference table, showing a large area of space scattered with several blue dots. “This graph shows the locations of all reported attacks by pirates on ships in this area of space. But, filter out the ones that have also reported some of their crew or passengers kidnapped and…” The hologram changed, now showing small concentrated clusters of red dots. “All of these clusters are near the hyperspace exits on routes between Nar Shadda, Naboo, Coruscant and Corellia. And our location is right in the middle of them all.”

“So?” Jasra said flatly. “Those are the richest trading routes. Pirates and Freelancers everywhere know this.” She cleared her throat. “Well, at least I did when I was a …nevermind….”

“They are also the routes with the highest passenger traffic,” said Karda, plaintively ignoring Jasra’s reference about her alternate past. “And with higher numbers of people, the odds of finding Force Sensitives among them increases.”

He punched a few more buttons, and began scrolling through the list of missing people. “Priests, healers, pilots…all of these missing people had positions where having Force Sensitivity would be a distinct advantage. Maybe they weren’t Force Sensitive enough to have been selected to be a Jedi, but I bet they had some amount of Force Sensitivity.”

“Any Dark Jedi or Sith in that list?” Jasra asked facetiously, turning to look at Brax once again.

Karda checked further, then grinned smugly. “As a matter of fact, yes, there are. An entire Sith transport was found abandoned in this area shortly after the Battle of the Star Forge. So, you see, it’s not just Jedi someone’s after.” Karda looked at Kira, Revan, and Atton. “It’s any Force Sensitive. And we have to find out who they are, where they are, why they want them, and then, stop them. So, where should we start first? Should we seek out this Juppa person that owns the salvaging ship or the one who paid Juppa. What was his name again, Jasra? Jasra. Jasra!”

“Huh?” Jasra shook her head as if trying to clear away distracting thoughts. The effect of the Force technique Brax had used to try to solidify their bond and help her focus was wearing off, and she felt herself becoming obsessively enamoured with the Omwati once again. “Erm…”

“The name of the one who paid Juppa,” Karda repeated.

“It’s…it’s on that disc,” Jasra said, unable to recall the name for the moment.

Karda searched the disc for the name, then ran it through the database. “Valclav Amek. Trader, slaver, and commodites broker. Used to run his business out of Nar Shaddaa, but now…he’s on Myrkr. What a surprise. So,” he said to everyone, “what will it be? Shall we seek out Juppa the Hutt on Nar Shaddaa or Valclav Amek on Myrkr?”

Old 07-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #259
3yks
Rookie

(Re-read, I changed some things)

"Going to Myrkr is a mistake, wether he's there or not. It's asking to get captured, or killed." He looked over Karda's shoulder at the information, reaching out and tapping a few keys. "I thought I saw that," a dark frown cross Brax's lips. "We should head for Omwat." He moved away from Karda, sensing hostility, but not before whispering softly. "What ever happened to that no emotion thing your people practice?"

He leaned against the wall a foot or so from Jasra, "There was another ship found abanoned a few months ago, it was from my world ... I know my people, and by now the Zedai know that the group they sent, probably to find and help me, has had no success. They will have already started looking into this, they may have information we can use ... they also have something that might make going to Myrkr not suicide," he looked at Jasra. And maybe my people will know a way to help you without ... what I offered before. His mind brushing hers.

There is no Peace. There is Anger.
There is no Fear. There is Power.
There is no Death. There is Immortality.
There is no Weakness. There is the Dark Side.

Last edited by 3yks; 07-11-2006 at 03:08 AM.
3yks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #260
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Just after Brax had finished his sentence, there was a loud clatter as one of the chairs went spinning away from the table, crashing into a wall before settling on its back near the door. Less than a second later, the door opened, allowing Crystal to enter. Without a word, she picked up the discarded chair and set it back at the table where it had been, and sat.

"No need to bring me up to date on the meeting," she said quietly. "Since I couldn't get here right away, I..." Her voice trailed off and she shook her head. "Never mind that."

Clearing her throat, she went on. "Brax, you suggested Omwat because there was a ship from your world abandoned. Nar Shaddaa was mentioned because of Juppa; Myrkr because of Amek. These are beings we might gather information from. That ship... we have to know how it came to be where it is and why."

She glanced at Jasra and then her eyes rested on Brax. "I'm sorry, but I just don't see how a trip to Omwat would get us that information."

You're distracted, Jasra, Crystal's words echoed in the other girl's head. Perhaps a trip to Omwat...

Aloud, she said, "But it wouldn't hurt to resupply our ship... ships, I mean." She blinked, her thoughts seeming suddenly less organized. To Brax, she asked, "Is Omwat on the way to either place? Nar Shaddaa or Myrkr, I mean. For supplies... and how would they... your people deal with strangers? I mean, would they be... upset in any way?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #261
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"As you menchioned we have shipsss. Perhabs we could spilt up into two groups. One group heads to Myrkr and the other to Onwat." Suggested Tylor. "By the way, I ordered a group of marines to bring any pirates we could capture. So far we have 5 pirates locked in our prison cells. Just a reminder."

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #262
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
((OOC: So now I'm back...from outer space...and you just walked in to find me sitting here with that sad look on my face...yadayadada...in other words, I'm back from NYC. Isn't it just...thrilling? ))

IC:

Kira rubbed her temples, her thumbs drawing soothing circles into her skull as she thought out each possibility.
"Omwat would be...potentially problematic." she murmured, "Regardless of the new timeline, I do believe that Revan still killed your cheiftan, did he not? Which, already, puts us on fairly bad ground with your people. That, plus the fact of us being outsiders, and some of us even Jedi to boot..." she looked up, "I would avoid Omwat. At most all costs."
The Exile then turned to begin figuring the other routes.
"Nar Shaddaa could be our best bet...the Hutt may be easy to find, if he's as big up in his game as it sounds he is...however, being able to meet with him could be a different story entirely...
"And while it seems Myrkr could be our most direct chance...judging by this video feed, it seems as if someone is training these Ysilmar for battle. Again, as most of us are Jedi, this too would be extremely dangerous if that someone would happen to be on Myrkr the same time we are. If we did head that way, it would probably be best to keep the Force-sensatives onboard." she said, now eyeing Revan, Atton, Mical, Jasra, and Karda, "Limiting us to a very small crew who would be able to investigate the planet's surface."
Still, on top of thinking their next actions out, two other thoughts weighed heavily on the woman's mind.
A second Doctor. she thought, deciding to try and siphon some ideas off on Revan, I thought there was only one?
Then, with another part of her mind that she kept well sheilded from their link, more questions played past her inner eye.
"I trust Bastila. She wouldn't betray m...us."
She mentally frowned as his words resounded in her head. He had sounded so...defensive when he had said that. Of course, she knew what the two had been through together...everyone knew the stories...but...what if...what if they had shared something...more?
Shaking the thought from her head, she returned to the present.
Dilly-dally, shilly-shally. she thought to herself, Focus, Kira!

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #263
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"I agree with Crystal," said Revan, sparing Kira a wary glance. "We should split up. Three planets, three groups. Brax can take Jasra to Omwat, for... obvious reasons. Kira, Atton, Disciple and I will take the Ebon Hawk to Nar Shaddaa to check out this Hutt. Crystal, Tylor, Doctor: as non Force sesatives, you're the only ones who won't be affected by these Ysilimara, or whatever the hell they're called. The three of you are the best choices for Myrkr.
"We need to be careful," he said, addressing the Jedi and Force sensatives in the room. "These attacks seem to be targeting Jedi - and though only Karda and Jasra have any real ties to the Order, the rest of us - including you, Atton - need to proceed with caution as well. We don't know what's out there, and we don't want to have to learn the hard way."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Doctor stood at the console in the TARDIS, the room humming darkly around him. He had tapped into the Dreadless' surveillance system, and was monitoring the conference taking place. He stared at the young man in the brown overcoat, a dark gint in his eye. So close...

Suddenly, the doors to the TARDIS slammed shut, and the engine began to grind. His hands flew across the console, trying to bring his ship to a stop, but the controls wouldn't respond. The TARDIS dematerialised, slipping into the Time Stream.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Vros sat in a large ornate chair at the head of a large stone room, staring at an empty patch of ground expectantly. After a moment, a deep grinding noise filled the room, and he grinned darkly. A tall blue box with the words Police Public Call Box inscribed along the top faded into existance before him. After a moment, the door opened, and a man in black robes and a green cape stepped out.
"Greetings, Valeyard," said Vros, standing from his throne.
The Doctor arched an eyebrow. "I beg your pardon?" he said.
Vros smiled. "My Master has told me all about who... and what... you are, 'Doctor'."
The Doctor grimaced. "How I hate that name..."
"As well you should," said Vros, still grinning darkly. "Your, shall we say... counterpart... is a retched thing. I would not wish to be associated with him either."
He stepped down from the raised platform his throne sat on, and walked along the edge of the chamber, all the while staring at the Doctor.
The Valeyard spoke, his voice crisp and decisive. "What did your Master tell you of the Doctor himself?"
"Enough to know that he is a foolish, yet very dangerous man. A man whom you have been hunting for nearly twenty standard years."
"I was made a promise that I intend to-"
"Yes, yes we know all about the corruption of the Time Lords," said Vros, cutting him off. "We also know that you will not be able to capture the Doctor and collect your promised payment alone."
"I'm perfectly capable of-"
"Are you?" spat Vros, stepping closer. "After twenty years, this body is beginning to decay, isn't it? It won't be long before it dies - and in your... unique situation... regeneration won't be possible."
The Valeyard gritted his teeth and glared at the wall over Vros' shoulder.
"Join us," said Vros, moving around the Valeyard towards the TARDIS, and laying a hand on it's side. "Both you and my Master wish the Doctor dead. It is in both our interests to work together."
The Valeyard was silent for a moment. "And if I assist you in removing the Doctor... I will get what is rightfully mine?"
Vros smiled. "I promise you: if you kill the Doctor, his remaining regenerations will be yours."
The Valeyard smiled. "Then it seems as if we have reached an agreement," he said. Vros stepped forward, his hand outstretched, the Valeyard gripping it in a brief handshake.

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-12-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:41 PM   #264
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Kira shrugged.
"All three bases covered at once." she said.
"If it's all the same to you guys," Atton spoke up, "I'd rather join Brax and Jasra. That is, if it doesn't disturb Revan's fabulous plan."
The way he had emphasised the word caused Kira to send him a hard, questioning look. He met her eyes for only a moment before turning a hatred-filled gaze on the Prodigal Knight.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #265
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Revan returned the glare with zeal. "Fine by me," he said.
The Doctor sensed the hostility between the two, and quickly stepped between them. "Perhaps we should consult the Jedi Council and the Senate, before commiting two Jedi Knights and an entire ship's worth of marines to what could turn out to be nothing more than the pursuit of an untamed ornothoid without just cause."
Nobody spoke for a moment.
"A wild goose chase," he explained.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #266
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Exactly what I was thinking!" Mical jumped in, following the Doctor's lead, "After all, they would want to know where their Knights are going." he became more somber, "Or, perhaps, in Bastila's case, where they may already be."

Old 07-12-2006, 02:59 AM   #267
3yks
Rookie

"The council has no say over where I go," he looked from Revan, to Kira, and back to Revan. "And the Zedai do not have 'cheiftan's' but Revan did kill our leader, but as I said I have forgiven him for this. He has paid for his crime, and when I return I am the leader of my people, so they would have no problem with him." He shrugged.

"But Revan's plan makes sense as well, splitting up to follow up on all the leads at once will make things go a lot faster. I say we designate a time to meet up again after we have followed our leads, and get to it." He looked at the dark haired scoundrel, "I have room on my ship for you, and you would be welcome on Omwat." He offered his hand to Atton. "I am sure there is a lot you could learn on such a trip."

Old 07-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #268
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Revan watched as the Scoundrel took Brax's hand and shook it, smiling slightly. Good riddance...
"The trip to Myrkr is a long one from here - just under three days. In order to give Tylor, Crystal and the Doctor as much time there as possible, I think the logical course of action would be to meet in orbit around Myrkr in 7 days."
"Actually..." said Rose, stepping forward timidly. "Couldn't we get to Myrkr a lot faster if we used the TARDIS?" she asked.
The Doctor shook his head, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "No," he said. "The arrival of the TARDIS would raise questions I'd rather not have to answer at this point," he said.

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-12-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #269
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"I dought the Senate would have much interest in this mission as the jedi order. It's the Republic miltary who organised this mission. The senate doesn't have much accese to ship's like the Dreadless." Informed Tylor.

" just a couple of questions. What 'new timeline' and what in space's name is a TARDIS?" Asked Tylor cluelessly.

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #270
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
((I forgot to send Crystal with a group... oops... that's two characters I've completely forgotten about now... I've added them both into the other posts.))
Old 07-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #271
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Some things are better left unknown, Tylor," Crystal told him with a weary sigh. "As for a ship we could use, I have mine aboard the Dredless. There's enough room in it for those of us going to Myrkr."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #272
JasraLantill
No One Liners

“Crystal, we could use your ship for the scouting party when we get to Myrkr,” said Karda. “But I think we’ll be safer, and faster, using the Dreadless to get there initially. Kira, Revan? You’re free to resupply the Ebon Hawk with whatever we have available for your journey to Nar Shaddaa. As are you, Brax,” he added somewhat reluctantly.

“With you falling through floors," Jasra whispered to Crystal, "I think it’s better you stayed on the 'big ship' for the time being anyway.” She gently patted Crystal on the back, then rose from her seat. “So, three ships, three missions…well, we’d best get going!” As she locked her gaze on Brax, she immediately felt her face begin to flush and her breath quicken in eager anticipation of his touch. I want to be alone with you, she said to him through their telepathic link. I need to be alone with you. Now. She bit her lower lip as she raised her hand to touch him.

“… med bay,” she heard Karda’s voice in the background. “Jasra? Jasra!"

“Huh?” she asked, her entranced state suddenly broken.

“Are you even listening to me?”

“Erm…yeah, Karda. Med bay.” Suddenly she frowned quizzically, and looked at Karda. “Med bay?”

Karda sighed. “I said, before you depart the Dreadless, you and Brax are to report to med bay.”

“Why?”

Karda raised his brows. “You know why. Whatever ‘link’ you have with Brax is causing you to act irrationally and unfocused.”

Jasra shifted uncomfortably, but her gaze remained defiant.

“But if you really need another reason,” Karda continued, “it’s because I’m the Jedi in charge, you’re a Padawan, and I said so.” He shifted his gaze to Brax, then tossed him the empty medical vial. “Brax, our med tech will need a sample of your blood to see if he can isolate what sort of pheromone you’re using on her so he can formulate a possible antidote.”

“I’m not going to the med bay,” Jasra said, crossing her arms over her chest.

“You are,” said Karda. “Even if Crystal and Tylor and I have to drag you there. And if Brax cares about you, as you so claim,” he said to Jasra, even though now he was looking at Brax, “he’ll make sure you go, too. You can’t perform well on a mission, especially a mission involving someone targeting Force Sensitives, if you are constantly distracted by….” He paused as he searched for the right word. “…attachment and desires.”

“Yeah, yeah…emotions lead to the Dark Side…blah, blah, blah…” Jasra rolled her eyes. “Look, I don’t have to listen to you. You are not my Master.”

“Neither is Brax.” Karda just stared at her calmly, then sighed. “You’re becoming more and more unfocused, emotional, and irrational, Jasra—a dangerous combination to have in any Force user. Dark or Light,” he added. “Brax, please take her to the med bay. At least let our med tech try to come up with some sort of solution to the problem.”

He turned to Kira, Mical, and Revan. “I’ll inform the Council of our plans,” he said to them, “just so they are aware of the problem so far. We’ll meet up with you near Myrkr in seven days. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.” The briefing over, he started for the door, but not before giving Jasra a hard stare. “Med bay,” he said to her. “Tylor?” he called over his shoulder. “I believe you said we have some prisoners to interrogate?”

Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #273
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
"Actually," said Revan, stepping forward. "I was hoping to be present during the interrogation, if it's not too much trouble..."
Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 AM   #274
3yks
Rookie

Brax stared at Karda, his eyes intent, but the emotions behind them unreadable. "Come on Jasra," he said, the vial had been plucked from the air, and he headed for the exit of the room. Part of him wanted to just take the vial and shove it into Karda's less tanned area's. Snot nosed little brat was what he was, and worse yet thinking he was some bad ass Jedi. When they were in the hall he took Jasra's hand gently, wishing that he could feel her hand against his, instead of her feeling the warm metal of his gauntlets.

"I hate to admit it, but Karda may be right, let's go down to the med bay and see what we can find out."

"Why don't we just find some place less open instead." Jasra whispered, leaning close to his ear, her tongue darting along the lobe. He was tempted, but ... no.

"Soon Jasra, we'll have plenty of privacy on my ship, it's a few days trip to Omwat." He nodded, and gave her a breif kiss on the lips, before leading her off, somehow managing to find it despite the fact he had no idea where it was.

"Ah, so you must be this 'Brax' that is affecting Jasra." Was the first thing he heard, turning and looking at the thin human doctor. "Do you have that blood sample for me? Jasra could you ahve a seat here, on the table?"

She didn't seem to hear, but Brax led her over to the examining table, and picked her up and set her on it. "Stay here Jasra, i'll be right back." He turned and walked to the doctor, pulling his robes up to reveal the soft blue skin underneath. "Give me you rneedle, my veins are a not easy to get to." He took the needle in his left claw and raised it up away from his right arm, placing the arm on a table. Then he drove it in, deep, at angle, sliding deep into his arm, he grunted in pain. And then dug around witht hte needle, before finally it began to fill with a pink liquid.

"There." He offered the needle to the doctor, closing his eyes for a second as the wound closed, bigger than any a human would need ot get blood from. He moved back over to Jasra, letting her wrap her legs around him and pull him close. For a few moments getting lost in her lips against his.

The doctor glanced at them, frowning faintly and went over to the lab equipment down there in the med bay. He took some of the lbood and put it on a few slides, and put some into different machines, he glanced at Brax and Jasra as brax pulled a curtain closed around the two of them. "Give us a few doc." He murmured, and the doctor frown, but said nothing. Working at his equipment.

It took about twenty minutes for everybody to be finished, and the doctor was frowning. "I don't think there is much I can do for you Jasra, I have something here to give you, that will I think reduce the effectiveness of the Pheromone on your system. But it will not be permanent, and I can't make much more of it. I'm gonna send what i have made with you, it should be enought o last 12 or 13 hours, which means you need to use it only when you really need it."

Brax nodded, Jasra seemed to kind of understand. Brax helped her get her armfree and the doctor injected her with the serum. Her brain coming a bit less muddled after a few moments, and she looked faintly emberassed.

"Here you go." The doctor gave brax a black bag with a few different vials and things in it, and Jasra and him headed off toward his ship. When they got there several people were rather suprised when the ship simply apeared out of nowhere. Brax didn't care, he helped Jasra in and then stopped. "Wait, we need to get Atton huh." He looked around, "You." He pointed at some tech, "Tell bridge to get Atton Rand down here quickly, his ride is leaving."

Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #275
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
"Actually," said Revan, stepping forward. "I was hoping to be present during the interrogation, if it's not too much trouble..."
"Sure I don't mind." Replied Tylor, who seemed to be happy about the interrogation. "Perhabs the presents of a Jedi will intiminate the poor b*****s."

Make love, not toast.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #276
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"If you don't mind," Kira cut in, "I think I'll join you as well."
"Atton Rand, if you could please report to the shuttle docks. Mr. Rand to the shuttle docks. Thank you."
Before the announcement over the P.A. had even finished, Atton was headed for the door.
"Well, that's my cue." he murmured, and disappeared.

((OOC: Yaaaaaay, weird post...))

Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #277
3yks
Rookie

Atton had a bit of a tight fit in the cargo compartment of Brax's fighter, but it was a brief ttrip to his main ship, and soon the three had disembarked. Atton was given a room in the 'crew quarters' it was a private room, designed for a single person, much more luxurious than the one's that he was used to on the Hawk. Atton settled into his room, dropping the single bag of thigns he'd brougt on the floor and laying down on the double bed.

Brax let him settle in as he brought the much more lucid Jasra to his own room's. "Why don't you lay down for a bit? I need to get our course plotted ... I know you like the view from my room." he pointed up, the stars and the two ships were there in the cloacked window. She protested some but finally agreed and laid down. Focusing on trying to ... well focus.

Brax slipped back onto the main deck, "Atton could you come to the ... bridge please." he said over the comm, and moved dropping into the auxilary control seat. Atton came out and Brax motioned at the main seat. "I hear you're a good pilot, wanna give her a go?" The ship was nice, Atton frowned, suspicious, but sat down in the chair. "Ship please convert all language to Galactic Standard, your pilot probably doesn't understand Omwati."

Atton tapped at he controls after they changed, "Set us a course' mr. Rand, you'll find Omwat in the database, feel free to play around a bit, you'll find the cloack controls on your left there, yep those one's. You'll find the various armamanets ont he right there, though I can control those as well. We are fairly heavily armed, and armored. There are double Quad-lasers mounted on both front and back, with 190 degree arc's to cover both side's as well. There are also four proton torpedo launchers two facing each direction that feed from the same bay's."

Atton whistled. "You don't take defence lightly, eh?"

"Nobody who has ever owned this ship did."

Old 07-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #278
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
Karda led Revan and Kira to the Dreadless' brig, flanked by three Republic Marines.
"So," said Revan, turning to Karda and Kira just outside the room. "I don't think the good cop/bad cop ploy is going to work with three of us. How are we going to do this?" he asked.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #279
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Do we know if they're trained to resist Force persuasion?" Kira asked.
Karda shook his head, reaching for the keypad next to the reinforced door. "We know almost nothing about them."

Old 07-16-2006, 09:17 PM   #280
The Doctor
Retired

Forum Veteran 
As the door opened, Revan caught a glimpse of three men in separate cells, all of them wearing sullen expressions as they saw three Jedi enter the room. Anger and hatred flared inside him, but he forced it down, reciting the Code in his mind. There is no emotion...
"Good afternoon, gentlemen," said Karda, as Kira and Revan took up spots on either side of him. None of the three men said anything.
Revan spoke first. "Alright, we're going to make this simple," he hissed, pacing in front of the cells. "First of all: you do know who I am, don't you?"
The three men nodded, not saying a word.
Revan gritted his teeth. "Good. Now:
"The three of you were found onboard a Republic ship, still transmitting it's ID codes, just after it was attacked and it's crew abducted or killed. Care to explain what the hell is going on?"
None of them said anything.

((Sorry guys, I'm having a hard time focusing right now. I'll have to leave this to Jasra, FFWM, and Steven for now.))
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances