lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 2 Issues
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
Hothman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
2 Issues

Hi, these may be stated elsewhere and I apologise if so. I read through a lot of threads and couldnt see them.

1. Corrillion Corvette ships seem to have bad AI/pathing. I find I have to micromanage them more than any other ship. And they are very hard to see on Space maps. Can it pls be improved next patch?

2. The game lags/slows down/crashes frequently in big battles and I'm running a good system. Is there something that can be done with the code next patch to improve performance? I'd hate to think what happens in big online games...

I really love this game, especially Space battles. I think they are the highlight. I'm looking forward to getting online and participating soon.

Is there a large active online community?
Hothman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #2
Jmaster3265
Forumite
 
Jmaster3265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 560
Quote:
1. Corrillion Corvette ships seem to have bad AI/pathing. I find I have to micromanage them more than any other ship. And they are very hard to see on Space maps. Can it pls be improved next patch?

You have to realize that just because you want something improved doesn't mean it will be fixed, and it may not be heard every time. As well as i have to disagree with you on what your saying. I don't agree with the AI pathing or the size. I think the size is perfect. Don't you like how realistic the size is?


Quote:
2. The game lags/slows down/crashes frequently in big battles and I'm running a good system. Is there something that can be done with the code next patch to improve performance? I'd hate to think what happens in big online games...
Just so you know for online you have to realize ifyou are versing somone or someone that is is on your team and they lag or have a bad connection it affects everyone. So. if you are playing with (1 or more people) and they are lagging it can affect everyone else. Not to mention, that the online play is run by gamespy so what do you expect?


Jmaster3265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Hothman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster3265
You have to realize that just because you want something improved doesn't mean it will be fixed, and it may not be heard every time. As well as i have to disagree with you on what your saying. I don't agree with the AI pathing or the size. I think the size is perfect. Don't you like how realistic the size is?
Obviously I am listing a concern not demanding a fix.

What are you talking about with 'size'? I never even mentioned the word 'size'?

Someone has a size fetish :P
Hothman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 AM   #4
DarthMaulUK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I think with the vettes its a case of having a much shorter range and are always best to be placed around your capitol ships to protect them from fighter attacks. Fighters themselves are guilty of having too many tea breaks during a battle but I have noticed that if you ask a fighter or vette to take out a certain squad/ ship, and that ships gets destroyed before they arrive, they dont find anything else to kill sometimes.

Petroglyph are always working hard to improve the game and fix any issues, which is great for everyone!

Im not sure about the lagging effect. I do get some slow down if I load up a huge saved game (43 planet map with lots of ships etc) but theres various ways of fixing this, if you visit the tech support forum.

Most of the issues reported, I am yet to experience...thankfully.

DMUK
  you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > 2 Issues

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.