lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Whip..?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-30-2006, 04:58 AM   #1
Darth Cariss
Rookie

Whip..?

I figure, "Hey, I'm a noob here. I might as well make a noob thread"... So here it is.

I noticed you guys were working on a whip in this screenshot.

http://ojp.jediknight.net/screenshots/b19.jpg

But I haven't heard or seen anything more of it anywhere else. I'm very interested in this and I was wondering how it's coming along or any details about it? Thanks.
Darth Cariss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Hello.

That was simply a concept shot done by Keshire ages ago. We talked about the idea for a while but unfortunately decided that it would simply be too difficult to impliment. Sorry to disappoint.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 05:54 AM   #3
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Mcbober?

Yeah, that was a long time ago. I remember seeing that screenshot back when OJP had manual blocking I believe?

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
Darth Cariss
Rookie

Yes, I am Mcbober.

And I'm sorry to hear the Whip was canceled. A shame, that looked so promising.

Also, on a totally off-topic and un-related note, in OJP Enhanced is there a Cvar to disable/tone down Blaster Reflection from Lightsabers?
Darth Cariss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

You mean the percentage at which they are reflected or the angle at which they are reflected?

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Woo Hoo! McBober's here! Yet another great MB2 saberist on these forums! If you see anything you think that is too unbalanced, let us know. Just bare in mind that the jedi in OJP are suppose to be stronger than gunners just like the movies. It should be a proud accomplishment anytime a gunner kills a jedi.

As for deflect, I havent seen such a cvar, but razor might be able to make one.

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2006, 05:33 AM   #7
RBitG
Rookie

You're going to have to do something about explosive/radius damage weapons then, they definately give the gunners an advantage, although it is rather more realistic, did you disable the auto-push by any chance?
RBitG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #8
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

A tip for you Mcbober, soresu-styled defense or "turtling" as they call it here is a very bad idea for a new player. You wont believe how hard it is to just block all day. We've been trying to keep that kind of behaviour to a minimum.
Dont get me wrong; its very much possible to be a defensive duelist, but the only thing it will get you is an annoyed opponent and a 30 minute duel

You have two ways of blocking saber attacks, either you walk into the slash like you would when you were mblocking in MB or you try to put your saber in the slash's path to block it. The latter can be done using fakes and provides you with nothing but a save of DP. Parrying is what we call the moving-into-the-slash technique, you should start seeing it as your primary means of defense. It's very intensive but the fruits of your labour will show themselves pretty soon as you will see your opponent go into 'bounces' and 'mishaps' in which he gets vulnerable to your slashes.

I love OJP for having such a great fighting system that honors even the Star wars saga's. Saber forms (What? cant a man dream? ) are more usable than in any other SW game I've played. You decide how, where, and with what attack you win or lose a fight. When I of OJP, I think of the freedom of base, with a new, movie-realistic, active sabering system.

It's very complex, and it will seem unnatural to an MB player such as yourself, but as I tell everyone that I take on a tour through OJP; after a couple of minutes of playing something in your head will just 'click', and fighting will come without thinking. Its hard to explain, but bear with it.

If you have any further questions or you'd like to spar with me some day, I browse these forums each day.

-Paddy.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #9
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Goddamnit, it wont let me edit my typo's!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Whip..?