lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to install and new map
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
LT. Jack
Lurker

How to install and new map

I just downloaded a some new maps for SWBF2, I can usally put the files into the right folders myself but I am stuck because I have all .lvl files all over the place in both a folder and then within another sub folder (if you understand me) I was wondering if anyone could just do a quick guide explaining how to install the maps (I usally pick things up first time so just a quick guide would be usfull)

thanks...
LT. Jack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #2
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Custom maps go into the addon folder.

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
Mercury Noodles
Rookie

If you've downloaded stuff for games like Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy or Soldier of Fortune 2, it's not all that different. The files, and the folders they're under all go in the addon folder. If you haven't created an addon folder yet, make one in Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata, so you should be unzipping the files and their folders to Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata/addon. (I vaguely recall something about the folder name "addon" needing to be lower case.) The folders that turn up when you unzip the new maps are necessary for the engine's sake, so don't try to pull the lvl files from them. The game will run it as is.

"Do you not know the pain you will suffer for this impudence?" - Ba'al

Last edited by Mercury Noodles; 05-15-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Mercury Noodles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Modding & Editing > How to install and new map