lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Palpatine Vs Yoda: the rematch
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
aggie_john
Rookie

Palpatine Vs Yoda: the rematch

Ok with the addition of yoda to the expansion. We have a chance to have the emperior and yoda fight a rematch of their ep III fight. My question is two part. 1) who would have the advantage? Will it be cinamatic considering that They did not make a fight between Obiwon and Papaltine cinamatic in the orginial game?
aggie_john is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
gswift

Good questions. I'm also anxious to see what they do with the new hero units, but I would bet that we won't see the answers till much later. That's the kind of thing that I'd rather not find out till I discover it in the game, as a surprise. I'd prefer to discover who has the advantage through trial and error, but special combat interaction is cool. It's in the game engine, so I hope they use it.

I additionally wonder if they have thought about special interactions between hero units in space combat? Perhaps a new creative opportunity for the designers? ...just a thougth. Do any of you petro guys know if the engine supports special hero combat interaction in space, like it does on land?

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Well, on ground it can look quite cool but in space, heroes fighting heroes will just be some dogfight. I know some dogfights can be cool to watch but they're a lot less interesting then two Force users fighting each other.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

I dunno, I'd love to see some fancy maneuvers in a Falcon/Slave IV matchup. Or Red Squadron/Darth Vader matchup.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
gswift

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge2211
I dunno, I'd love to see some fancy maneuvers in a Falcon/Slave IV matchup. Or Red Squadron/Darth Vader matchup.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Some cool voice dialogue, a cinematic space sequence, perhaps unlock an optional story line, etc... And don't forget that we may have 30% more heros in the game now, so the possible combos of heros increases greatly.

Gary Swift (aka gswift)
Lenexa, Kansas USA

You can try to monkey-proof your program, but you'll never monkey-proof the monkey.
gswift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
hk47
Rookie

maybe they could do something else with those special fights like if emp and yoda get to a wall 1 of them does a special move(which could change the outcome ofthe battle) and like if some troops get near them yoda or emperor does a special move to kil the troops
hk47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Yeah, I must say that Petro should make fights between force users cinematic. I was disapointed that the Obi-Wan v. Emperor fight wasn't. It would be cool to see them do special moves in said fights as well.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > Palpatine Vs Yoda: the rematch