lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How will the the new time frame work in Galactic Conquest mode?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
aggie_john
Rookie

How will the the new time frame work in Galactic Conquest mode?

I wonder how the time frame will work in galactic conquest mode. Meaning will the rebels still be able to have Obiwon and yoda? Will The Empire be able to build a DS and a DS II or will you have to choice between the two times. IE Before the destruction of the death star or after?
aggie_john is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
Darth Anarch

I read somewhere that in the new campaign the characters who died in A New Hope (Obi-Wan, Tarkin etc.) will no longer be available. However they will still be available in Galactic Conquest mode.
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
jake123456
Rookie

Does that mean that in the Galactic conquest mode we will be able to build two death stars. One that can only destroy planets and th other one that can fire on capital ships too?
jake123456 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 07:48 AM   #4
Darth Anarch

I would guess so, but I don't know for certain.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #5
The_Eradicator
Rookie

i dont think that the two Deah stars will be available, since the DSII is an upgrade of the DS1... so why would they make a DS I with a known weakness when you can make a DSII with no known weaknesses when completed
The_Eradicator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
TronusNavigon
Rookie

Well, with proper editing of the Galactic Conquest files (specifically the PLOT files) you can set which heros you want to enter you campaign and when. This includes the Death Stars.

It would be nice to only be able to construct DSII if DSI was destroyed. Considering DSII is able to knock out Capital Ships making it very, very handy in battles and DSI is pretty much useless save for destroying planets, the Empire could play there DSI loosely and arrogantly (sort of like Tarkin ) -- and wouldn't that be a hoot, if DSI dies, so does Tarkin and all his arrogance...

I look forward to this expansion now....

http://www.techwarrior.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=37025743
TronusNavigon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2006, 03:16 AM   #7
aggie_john
Rookie

Still I wonder, try to imagine a land battle with Obiwon, Luke, and Yoda. Thats alot of jedi power there. I hope that the battles dont become hero only fights. Not that I dont love Jedi and Sith dueling it out. But perhaps they need to reconsider the punishment issue in reguards to a hero dieing. LIke making them die completely a option.
aggie_john is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > How will the the new time frame work in Galactic Conquest mode?