lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: This could be the counter for The Executor Super Star Destroyer???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #41
Admiral Sith

What the? The MC-90 was closer to a counter for the Imperial Star Destroyer MKII. Considering that it took 2 MC-80s to even think of challenging a MKI, the MC-90 was the first ship that could actually bring it down on its own. But even 5 of these could take on a SSD.

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #42
(TAG)Rebel_Stri
Rookie

Yeah, 2-3 could challenge an Executor. Might not necessarily win, but cripple it, atleast.

(TAG)Rebel_Stri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #43
Gavin Galicnar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithman1138
I hope you don't use the made up Bulwark Cruiser.....I will forsake the expansion if you do...

What are you talking about??? there was only one anyway
Gavin Galicnar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #44
Darth Anarch

One Bulwark? In Rebellion I had a whole fleet of the things...

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #45
Thrawn3.14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlokLord
I also don`t see the Rebels fielding anything larger than a Mon Calamari Cruiser... its not their style. No movement advantage.
I concur.
Thrawn3.14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #46
Darth Khasei

I love discussions of realism and "Star Wars", that is rich, real rich

Only the blind can see.
http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com
Darth Khasei is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2006, 07:14 AM   #47
Apocalypse|TFL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Khasei
I love discussions of realism and "Star Wars", that is rich, real rich
Was gonna say the same thing. Realism + Star Wars = Laughable. The reason why Star Wars is so fun to watch is because it isn't realistic, sure some parts were inspired by westerns and ww2 but the rest is just good story telling.

As for the SSD, a handful of mc80's could bring it down, it's just a matter of positioning and tactics. I already have numerous ways to bring it down and I haven't even seen it in play yet. Bombers with a fighter screen is already a sure bet.

Apocalypse|TFL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #48
IonFizzle07
Rookie

I'm going to repeat something that's been said a few times, primarily by the esteemed master o' mod FoshJedi. A giant counter ship simply is NOT the Rebel style. The Alliance To Restore The Republic was about subterfuge, speed, fighter strength. Their Mon Calamari Cruisers were very rare in the Rebellion fleet. Later on, as the Rebel Alliance transforms into the New Republic and then in the wake of the Yuuzhan Vong war into the Galactic Alliance (btw, if we ever see a Yuuzhan Vong game, I will literally bawl tears composed of pure happy joy), we start seeing some of the bigger ships, like the MC-80b Mon Remonda class, the MC-90 Defiance class, the Viscount and Strident classes of Star Defender. Now that it's a legit government, it has both the resources and legitimacy as a government to field massive battlecruisers. However, the expansion takes place in the Death Star II, Later Stages of Rebellion era, and the Alliance just didn't have a huge cruiser fleet at that time.

The point has been raised, and I again raise it, that the Executor and Eclipse classes, while being very intimidating and impressive, does NOT imbalance the game. B-Wings, Y-Wings, those alone with support from X-Wings, A-Wings, and Corellian vessels for TIE defense, can lay low one of the big ships. Like another guy said about the pop cap, if he has four ISDs and one gets taken out with an ion, and those ships took up all his popcap points, the Rebels CAN take those ships down.

Like the dev said, though, in the very end, gameplay over realism, always.
IonFizzle07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #49
Gavin Galicnar
Rookie

that is a fanon Pic of a MC-90, Stri, NVM about the one ever mad thing, wrong ship

Last edited by Gavin Galicnar; 07-06-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Gavin Galicnar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > This could be the counter for The Executor Super Star Destroyer???