lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Map Editor Tips, hints, questions here
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2006, 04:53 AM   #121
fortune faded13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazmol69
Sorry i dont no if these 2 questions have been asked so please dont have a go at me.
q 1. when i start a new map the background is grey how do i make it so it looks like space?
q 2. can you make a map with new units such as the ssd or the b-wings?

thank you
1. in the textures tab its called Sky Dome 2 or something like that...

2. you have to put the mod with the SSD/B-Wing into the GameData/Data folder. to view what they look like in game. i use it for scaling and such...
fortune faded13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #122
wazmol69
Rookie

thanks alot fortune faded13 your a real lifesaver

wazmol69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #123
StarCrash
Lurker

Question moved

- moved because it was a mod q, not a map editor q -

Last edited by StarCrash; 06-29-2006 at 06:12 PM. Reason: moved because it is not a map editor Q
StarCrash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 07:42 PM   #124
RevanSithLord

Location: Overviewing the constructions of the new STAR FORGE
Ok. Well, I have a question as well for map editors, my friends keep telling me the same thing.

On new models/units, how can I code them to be available in the map editor without actually having to move a mod into my data folder or something like that? Cause I'm planning on making this huge battle for personal enjoyment and, well if you know what I mean?

Hope I get a good response out of this lol. It's been a long day and I'm just not thinking straight. Friends just told me - you have to code them into the map editor first -. And I was all joggled up. Can a professional or someone who can do this help please. Not to sound like a n00b or anything....well even though I consider myself one anyway Lmao. Even though I've also been in this forums for quite a while now. Been on Lucas Forums since last year, but ever since this came out I've been...well...sort of....hooked. :P

RevanSithLord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #125
wazmol69
Rookie

-Message Deleted-

-Reason: Problem solved now-

-Helper: Mike.NL-

Last edited by wazmol69; 07-21-2006 at 11:02 AM. Reason: problem solved
wazmol69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #126
Sithman1138

I have EAW installed on a differnt drive other than c:. The map editor installation can't find EAW. Any help?

-Adthrawn of SWGBH
-Sithman1138 of TF.N

^^Sig by Sabretooth^^
ADTHRAWN DESIGN TEAM
Sithman1138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #127
darthriddick
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 1
not sure if this has already been asked or what, but is there anyway to create a single player GC game using map editor?

darthriddick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #128
ImpElite

no, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you have to edit one via XML to "make" your own GC map. And before you ask, no, I don't know how to do it.

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

ImpElite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #129
evilbobthebob
Lurker

Thumbs down No

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthriddick
not sure if this has already been asked or what, but is there anyway to create a single player GC game using map editor?
Nope, you can't make a GC map with the map editor. You need to edit the Galactic conquest XML file for that.

A question from me: how do you use that track system for the water? is it LUA, XML or in the map editor? (I'm guessing LUA, but I would like to know soon so I can make good maps with good water/lava)
evilbobthebob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #130
evilbobthebob
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithman1138
I have EAW installed on a differnt drive other than c:. The map editor installation can't find EAW. Any help?
Well, cos EAW defaults to C:, you need to change the map editor installer position. It probably needs to go in the drive you've installed EAW in. If that doesn't work, try telling the map editor installer where EAW is. (I think it asks; I can't remember )

Someone replying to my question would be nice.

Last edited by evilbobthebob; 02-05-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #131
xhh2a
Rookie

i remember making multiplayer maps on Eaw with units (space) that start and are free (say a mon cal), but on FOc map editor, Whenever i set unit's faction to rebel or empire, the game doesn't load it.it loads everything else but the unit that was either rebel or empire or consortium..does it have to do with the teams, and is it possible to go around? I am resorting to make them hostile, hutts, etc. since those do show up, but I want the units controllable by humans(the units are far away from the stations in the middle so no balance issue there), also is it possible to have predefined team start positions on FOc (as in like Eaw where emps always started somewhere, and rebs somewhere, and cons)

also I remember I managed to do this on Eaw Map editor (I probably forgot)
but if you set a units health to 0 (say you want the game to start with a exploding ISD in front of your face, to give the impression the battle has been raging for a long time), the unit doesn't when the game starts, in fact it is invincible and won't die, and also it's hardpoints show 0% but still fire, do we have to set the health to NEGATIVE something for it to auto destruct upon map load or is that feature gone (I don't like the fact that the death prop doesn't disappear)

Imperial Assault II Mod for Empire at War!
May the force be with you, Always
The Corruption is Spreading!

For the REBELLION!
xhh2a is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2007, 01:16 AM   #132
Windu Gangster
Lurker

Im confused

um ima idiot lol but i downloaded editor but when i click on it, it wont work soo please help asap
Windu Gangster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #133
Morthon Gyzaall
Rookie

How do you create bridges and such?? Like the kamino platforms.
Morthon Gyzaall is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #134
evilbobthebob
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthon Gyzaall
How do you create bridges and such?? Like the kamino platforms.
In the Textures section, you click on a blank texture (a black one) and press a little tick in the texture settings section called 'Hole' This makes the texture invisible, so it looks like there is a bridge.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #135
Morthon Gyzaall
Rookie

Yeah, I noticed...I extracted the kessel map(1st story mission) and looked through...THEY ARE GOOD! very good...

I don't believe evil exists, I only believe in enemies...
Old 05-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #136
CLONECOMMANDER501

I may be a veteran, but how do I make rivers like in naboo skirmish?

CLONECOMMANDER501 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #137
Morthon Gyzaall
Rookie

How do waterfalls work?

I don't believe evil exists, I only believe in enemies...
Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #138
CLONECOMMANDER501

The Water falls in FOC are props.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 AM   #139
Holy_Mynock!!
Lurker

editor: cant play skirmish as Consortium on maps i make...

I recently downloaded the map editor, and have semi-successfully created a relatively simple skirmish map...i have a couple of problems...i cannot set up the map so that i can play as the Consortium...when i try, the game tells me that there must be at least one player per side...i can play the game if i set it up so that its simply Empire vs. Rebellion, but i rather enjoy playing as the Consortium.

My other problem is that i cannot see any indication of the enemies on the mini map...there structures and units are actually there, i just see no representation of them on the mini map at all...are there some sort of markers or something i have to place on the structures, or what...?

I set my map up as a simple 2 player, with both the player0 and player1 position and spawn markers at each camp...what am i doing wrong, or simply not doing?

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."
Holy_Mynock!! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #140
CLONECOMMANDER501

Hmmmm, looks like your screwed.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #141
Zzapper
Lurker

Where are the waterfalls in the original?
I can't seem to find them.
Zzapper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #142
Dirk Pitt
Rookie

Location: On the Bridge of the Executor(im one of the guys doin nothin on the controls)
What are Deathclones?
How do I have it so that when I destroy all units I win?
In space and land when i add build pads, mines, bunkers, reinforcement points, and anything else they dont appear, so my question is what exactlly do I use for these things?
also in space I cant seem to make Space stations appear in the start?
So any help would be appreciated.

The Imperial Security Squadron at http://iss-hq.net
Dirk Pitt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #143
Zzapper
Lurker

The destroy all enemy option is on the screen before you enter battle in game, in a drop down menu.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #144
Zzapper
Lurker

The death clones are the unit actually DIEING, just different ways.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #145
Oldschool
Rookie

Holy_Mynock!!!, are you sure that fow isn't currently enabled? if not i don't know why they aren't. try groundbuildablesskirmish.xml and specialstructures.xml and make sure those structures your talking about have the <Is_Visible_On_Radar>Yes<\Is_Visible_On_Radar> tag in the text.

You are relieved soldier, I'll take things from here...
Oldschool is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #146
Oldschool
Rookie

windu ganster, try downloading it again and make sure eaw is installed. if that doesn't work then make sure have the patch(s) for the game extracted. hope this helps..

Old 09-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #147
Oldschool
Rookie

the_eradicator, in order to create a tutorial you'll need to create lua files then with them their corresponding campaigns to be able to play them. hope this helps...

Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #148
Oldschool
Rookie

sometimes like when you make duplicate heroes or something an exception occurs. this is because the code got buggy. it happens sometimes ... as for animation, tracks, and decal buttons probably won't ever be enabled. probably because petroglyph fears we could make a better campaign then they ever could, use their tools to create somthin' they don't want us to, or it's just some "JOKE" petroglyph likes to play on us from time to time...

Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #149
Oldschool
Rookie

firstly, web rider, try recreating the map first. then do not test in game. instead start the game regularly. then look at your map in the game. secondly, zeduce, you will have to change the AI for that. in the AI folder in Source.[if you do put it with your mod] thirdly, Darth_Terros, look for that type(s) of indigneous unit(s) in IndigneousUnits.xml then change their affaliation to Neutral. that should work fine. fourthly, andycaccia, you can replace them by making a folder titled Maps then place it in a folder called Data. then place this in a folder to a name you specify. then make a batch file[just copy the one they give you in the mapeditor package. then edit to say the tiltle of your folder with your folder's specified name.[make sure it has the launcher name of the game. eaw[which is eaw] or foc[which is foc]. hope this helps everyone...

Old 03-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #150
justme2
Lurker

Smile adding units

Hi can anyone tell me how I use units from a mod in the map editor??I would really appriaciate it if someone helped me. thx
justme2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #151
justme2
Lurker

someone plz help!!!

Someone plz plz tell me why that when i make units in the editor they are not there when i play the map in star wars Forces of Corruption!!!

When i place markers the units are not there but terrain, buildings and the spawn units are and the base is but no units i placed.

When i dont place markers and i try to play, the game says "you need to have units on both teams" or something like that.

PLZ PLZ HELP ME!!! I WILL BE SO HAPPY IF U HELP!!!
justme2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #152
TheSpartanJedi
Lurker

I'm having trouble with the Best of PC version of EaW. When I try to install the editor, I get this message:

"Original installation of Star Wars: Empire at War not found. You must have the original game installed to use these tools."

Is there a way to get around this?
TheSpartanJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #153
runner419
Lurker

how do i test my map on my game and play my edit and keep it on there. NOTE: i have patch 1.03, saved it and it's a multy play map. Thank You (+_+)!?!? =)
runner419 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #154
runner419
Lurker

I have my map in the game, but it loads omost half way, then freezes. plz some one write back how to fix this. Many thanks!!!
runner419 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #155
Godman873
Lurker

Hi i dont know how to do certian things on map creator so could som1 tell me?
1. make ramps out of the land
2.make water look like water
3.download maps
Godman873 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #156
surveys
Lurker

Can anyone create a tutorial? i just dont get anything... AOE3 map editor is way better

surveys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #157
I mark i
Lurker

I can not see/use any of the mod maps on EAW or FOC, when i click on costom maps no maps are there. Also my map colection includes maps that i have "earned"(maps that i have obtained from playing other people), maps that i have dowloaded from lucasfiles.com, maps that i have made, and maps that i 'stole' from my friend(i copied the maps from his computer), but to my dismay not one of them will show up in the costom maps area.

Also my operating system is Vista(64-bit) and i have 8Gb. of memory(RAM) and a 750Gb. hard drive ( and i have set my computer to run with a max of 3Gb. of RAM, but that did not work either).

Thank you in advance for any help.
I mark i is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #158
Da Freakin Pope
Lurker

i did everything i needed to do: put the spawn points and everything. but one thing is wrong- MY MAP WON'T SHOW UP ON THE CUSTOM MAPS! why is that???
Da Freakin Pope is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #159
Darkon59
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Freakin Pope View Post
i did everything i needed to do: put the spawn points and everything. but one thing is wrong- MY MAP WON'T SHOW UP ON THE CUSTOM MAPS! why is that???
All you have to do is create a new custommaps folder in your FoC data folder then move your already created maps into that folder they should work after that.
Darkon59 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #160
Darth Payer
Lurker

Current Game: Nearly everything
Lightbulb nearly done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon59 View Post
All you have to do is create a new custommaps folder in your FoC data folder then move your already created maps into that folder they should work after that.
where do i need to create the custom map?
i made a map but can't find it in the game
Darth Payer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Map Editor Tips, hints, questions here