lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Map Editor Tips, hints, questions here
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #161
tommy12241
Lurker

Thumbs up little fun tip about ships

Hi I found out today that you can make custom names for your ships. simply go to your SWEAW directory and look for the file named "data". inside that folder will be files with class names like "star_destroyer". open those text or .txt files and replace or add on names of your own. it will not damage anything. but it is always wise to make a copy of the file just in case. ive done it myself. just thought somebody might like this little tip. and i hope someone does.
tommy12241 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #162
spartan64
Lurker

I've been making pretty cool skirmish maps in the past but I bet you people know something I don't.

1. How do you add base barricades (defense walls or what ever you call them) for a specific team?

2. How do you enable the disabled functions on the tool bar? Because making waterfalls would be impossible.

3. How do you make the loading screen change depending on what planet the map is based on, instead of keeping that old boring Alderaan screen?
spartan64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Map Editor Tips, hints, questions here