lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: SWBF1 or SWBF2?
Battlefront 1 19 31.67%
Battlefront 2 41 68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Star Wars Battlefront or Battlefront II?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
Star Wars Battlefront or Battlefront II?

Which game is better? or which do you personally prefer playing?
Star Wars Battlefront is the original, non-fanboy game based on infantry battles and not Jedi, heroes and awards.
Star Wars Battlefront II has the Episode III planets, Heroes, Space battles and the new cool Ep3 Clones.
I personally don't know which is my favourite, if I want a fast, flashy battle with Jedi i'll play SWBF2, if I want to play the game as it was originally intended, a 3rd person Star Wars game based loosely on Battlefield, I will of course play SWBF1.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran
 
ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
Posts: 787
I'm going to have to say SWBFII, I think it's a major improvement from SWBFI.
Unfortunetly it seems for every improvement there's some pesky detail you wish they hadn't meddled with, or somthing that just didn't live up to expactations. So there are cases where I'll whip out swbf1, just to remember how things were.


Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
biny
Rookie
 
biny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
I'd Battlefront 2 because the things I liked most from Battlefront 1 were the maps (which I now have for BF2 ).


"I reject your reality, and substitue my own!"
-Adam Savage, Mythbuster Extraordiniare.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-Jean Chretien, former Prime Minister of Canada.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!






Last edited by biny; 05-30-2006 at 03:21 PM.
biny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
damm, i dont really have a favourite. BF1 is the original material, and originality is always a good thing. But BF2 has the jedi, sprint, awards etc. although i do only really play it for the heroe matches and space battles. but, BF1 is a lot less laggy on live, som im gonna have to go with 1....


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard
 
Commander Obi-Wan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,363
Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
I prefer Battlefront II over Battlefront. I enjoyed Battlefront all-in-all, but I like the new characters, and levels, and modes avaliable in its sequel.


Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
Captain-Panaka7
Rookie
 
Captain-Panaka7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Naboo,Theed
Posts: 99
i would have to go with SWBF2 cuase almost everthing is better but the maps i dont have it on pc so i cant download maps and stuff like that for u people that like the space battles...your wierd lol


Chicago Bulls
Captain-Panaka7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
Knightfall_89
Lurker
 
Knightfall_89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Netherlands.
Posts: 3
Red face Battlefront for me!

I say Battlefront. Because I think the controls, the maps, the graphics and the multiplayer are better. The Jedi in Battlefront 2 makes the multiplayer bad. I mean when you slay a bunch of guys and finally captureing a command post and poof a Jedi shows up. He slays you and you can start all over again. Also the way of throwing grenades in Battlefront is better than in 2 (I think). The fighters on the other hand and the space battles make Battlefront 2 better... But Battlefront stays my favourite and I know a lot of guys who think the same as me.

P.s. I hope that Battlefront 3 is gonna be the right mix between Battlefront and Battlefront 2 with something extra.


Knights will fall eventually...
Knightfall_89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
Niner_777
[RC-1270]
 
Niner_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Desert canyons of Praesitlyn
Posts: 1,491
I don't think that I can vote. They both had thier pluses and minuses. I just can't decide. However, I'm playing BF2 now and not BF1. Of course I just got BF2 in November and I've been playing BF1 from January 2005 to November. I like them both.



(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #9
Captain-Panaka7
Rookie
 
Captain-Panaka7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Naboo,Theed
Posts: 99
and i dont play it online either lol


Chicago Bulls
Captain-Panaka7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
Niner_777
[RC-1270]
 
Niner_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Desert canyons of Praesitlyn
Posts: 1,491
Me niether. I don't know how to.



(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
Darth Andrew
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Indiana, U.S.A
Posts: 943
Aww, why is there no 'Both' option?

I like them both. Battlefront II had a ton of nice new features, but I felt they pretty much nixed the Episode II clones. Battlefront I was awesome in that it had some memorable maps and battles, but Battlefront II left out aircraft on the ground, and where was Bespin and Rhen Var (The Xbox "expansion" doesn't count for obvious reasons. )? If there is ever a Battlefront III, hopefully it will incorporate features from I and II, but also a heckload of new things to keep us gamers happy.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #12
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
I did just try and edit it to add a 'Both' option but I couldn't see a way to edit the poll.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 06:42 PM   #13
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,635
Current Game: Age of Empires II
over all, bf2
i like dune sea and harbor and the old hoth and geonosis but i still like bf2 more



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
Mercury Noodles
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HMS Ravager
Posts: 34
I have trouble deciding as well. Each has it's ups and downs.

SWBF was generally buggier, sniper AI didn't try to shoot the player at long distances, and you had to jog/roll across these really huge maps if you didn't have a jetpack. On the other hand, you had prone, longer battles, more squad commands, more bots on the battlefield (I think), battles that were more difficult to win, and had a more immersive experience. The game was basically set in such a way that it felt like you were actually fighting alongside your chosen faction.

SWBF2 is way too fast-paced, feels cartoonish, lacks the ability to go prone, has less squad commands, heroes are easy to access, and Jedi specifically are unbalanced against the rest of the game. However, we also get nice new graphics, space combat, sprinting, slightly better AI, new units, and new game modes.

I didn't list every little detail that I've noticed, but that's about the jist of it. So, it's a toss-up.


"Do you not know the pain you will suffer for this impudence?" - Ba'al
Mercury Noodles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #15
Mini Maul
Rookie
 
Mini Maul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 38
I liket some of the maps which were from Battlefront 1 and werent put into 2 but i have to say Battlefront 2 because i like the elite rifles and stuff which gives the gameplay a bit more depth



please join my general discussion forum
clicky please
Mini Maul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #16
Redtech
Veteran
 
Redtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: London, England
Posts: 800
Except the game was so fast, the l33t rifle was the only thing that killed in less than 15 shots at range. (L33t pistol excluding).


I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #17
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
redtech has got a point there. BF2 does seem to be a bit faster, if you know what i mean? the spam against enemies is ridiculous. 10 hits (exagerated)with a blaster rifle to kill an armourless sniper? pah.


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2006, 02:10 PM   #18
Niner_777
[RC-1270]
 
Niner_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Desert canyons of Praesitlyn
Posts: 1,491
I'm glad you were exaggerating. I've been able to kill them with like three well placed shots from a blaster rifle, but I agree with you. Especially with pistols. I'll be shooting someone for a minute and have their health down to a sliver when a sniper runs up behind me and shoots me. Of course the AI doesn't need an aiming recticle to be accurate at short range.



(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2006, 07:45 AM   #19
Redtech
Veteran
 
Redtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: London, England
Posts: 800
That's because the weapons are "artificially" inaccurate after continued firing. I prefer the BF1 method where they were pretty spot-on, unless the clip was almost empty. Otherwise it's back to 1-3 shot bursts, which sucks as with skilled dodgers, the shots may miss anyway due to the slow projectile speed.


I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #20
Micahc
Rookie
 
Micahc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: January
Posts: 238
SWBF I hands down. Anyone who says the AI is better in #2 needs to get their heads checked, then go play Theed and watch the stupid AI run in the same stupid corner every match. The only real improvements in #2 are being able to switch units (or species) at a command post and sprint. Jedi are ment for Jedi hack-and-slash, not teambased FPS; the EP. III maps I can safely say suck, they new game modes where half-hearted, we still don'thave decent physics, and I'm still waiting to see the 'improved' graphics.


Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #21
Demolisher
 
Demolisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 285
I like 2 better, but what I miss from the first one is that you didnt have to keep all these save files for the campaign; each planet came available and you could go back and play whichever you wanted to
Demolisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #22
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolisher
I like 2 better, but what I miss from the first one is that you didnt have to keep all these save files for the campaign; each planet came available and you could go back and play whichever you wanted to
Thats a point, Battlefront 2 was meant to be an upgrade, and it would have been an excellent one but they got rid of all the best aspects of the first game.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #23
Kelborn Ordo
Rookie
 
Kelborn Ordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Unkown regions
Posts: 19
i never play xbox live so i go with 2 because of the better story, more extras, space battles, better graphics and playable jedi that are not seemingly invincible like in the first.
Kelborn Ordo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #24
Niner_777
[RC-1270]
 
Niner_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Desert canyons of Praesitlyn
Posts: 1,491
I do like how there is capture the flag in BF2. Also, XL and Hunt are fun to play sometimes. Especially the Hoth Hunt. Brings back memories... *FLASHBACK*

JK, you know what happens, lol.



(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #25
Micahc
Rookie
 
Micahc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: January
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelborn Ordo
i never play xbox live so i go with 2 because of the better story, more extras, space battles, better graphics and playable jedi that are not seemingly invincible like in the first.
Uh... SWBF: II doesn't have any extras...


Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #26
Darth Andrew
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Indiana, U.S.A
Posts: 943
Maybe Kelborn Ordo meant different modes of play?
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 06:02 AM   #27
Redtech
Veteran
 
Redtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: London, England
Posts: 800
Although I despute the "seemingly invincible Jedi". In BF1, your best strategy is to run. In BF2, prepare to get owned!


I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #28
Coraan Talme
Rookie
 
Coraan Talme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 70
I guess I'll stick with the majority Both games have their merits ... It's actually rather weird ...
You have all those neat new movement options like rolling running or rolling forward (it may sound silly ... but I DID miss especially the last one when playing BF1 a while ago) ... yet you can't lie on the ground, which was really atmospheric for snipers or the times when you are under really heavy fire - with a low wall on your side.
However ... in my opinion the vehicles are one of the biggest differences. I really like the new space battles (although they badly need more varied maps) with the fast and furious dogfights and the entertaining, yet far too simplistic boarding combats ... On the other hand, the entire rest of the vehicles in BF2 are - at least in my opinion - a great disappointment. Firstly, -at least in my opinion- there are hardly any maps WITH vehicles out their ... and secondly, they just don't feel all that powerful and important anymore. In non-space levels, I am REALLY missing the cockpits. Piloting an AT-AT from up above just doesn't feel right ... I don't feel like being in control of a mighty machine - and it's pretty awkward in my opinion. I just can't get used to navigating & shooting in this perspective. Regardless if it's a turret, a speeder or a hovertank, not being able to use the cockpit perspective really lessens the experience. So I find myself not using them at all. Which is not very hard because there aren't very many of them around in any case. Slightly more interesting weaponry or special functions would have helped, too - though Bf 1's vehicles can't do much more than shooting powerful laser blasts, too. Oh yes ... and I'm missing flying vessels (particularly tie fighters, of course ... ) on planets, too ... They would have added a lot of spice to some scenarios ...

Speaking of weapons ... I have to agree with those of you who complain about Bf 2's weapons. Grenade Throwing, the basic pistol and the rocket launcher ... I prefer the way they work in BF1, too. The weapon reward system sounds like a nice idea (sadly some strange bugs seem to prevent it from working on my computer ... I just can't get reward equipment, regardless how often I get 'medals').

The conquest mode of BF2 ... is an improvement, too ... at least in my opinion ... though it still doesn't allow LAN multiplayer matches ...

A few words on the heroes: well, I haven't experienced them in multiplayer so far ... and I don't use them all that often - yet, I think it is pretty evident that they ARE an improvement over those in BF1 ... after all: who likes THEM? Completely invincible (well ... apart from some dirty tricks that I don't like, either ...) killing machines that help lowering the enemy's reserves faster.... No ... I can live without those guys. Against BF2's jedis you do at least have a CHANCE. I agree with Redtech ... they are far from invincible.


Glory to the Empire!

Last edited by Coraan Talme; 06-07-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Coraan Talme is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #29
confusedewok
Lurker
 
confusedewok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: somewhere foresty
Posts: 3
Im gonna have to go with 2 just because of the new additions.
confusedewok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #30
Niner_777
[RC-1270]
 
Niner_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Desert canyons of Praesitlyn
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedewok
Im gonna have to go with 2 just because of the new additions.
I think that the additions do expand the gamplay. That is a definite plus.



(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 07:15 PM   #31
Micahc
Rookie
 
Micahc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: January
Posts: 238
Pff, the new game modes are only useful for online (thanks to the infanatly stupid AI), which is ruined because of terrible lag.


Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 09:29 AM   #32
Niner_777
[RC-1270]
 
Niner_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Desert canyons of Praesitlyn
Posts: 1,491
It can be fun to play them on splitscreen too.



(^Click the pic to reveal my...) | Republic Commando: -]RC[-AjaX
BF2142: -]RC[-Auxidus | www.redcellgaming.com (I really need a userbar, eh. >.<)
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 06:27 AM   #33
Flowing Force
Rookie
 
Flowing Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Between you, me, the tree, the rock... EVERYWHERE.
Posts: 89
"You Must Do What You Feel Is RIGHT, Of Course."

EXCELLENT TOPIC, Machine Cult! And just look at the poll results!!!


Here's what baffles me, guys...

Why is it that the poll count AND the general consensus here in forum both show that clearly HALF of the players here actually PREFER Battlefront 1, yet there are cobwebs and tumbleweeds in the SWBF1 public servers by comparison to the gazillion players on the SWBF2 servers?

I've noticed this on other website's forums, too... That more and more people are realizing thier devotion and yearning to play THE original, award-winning Star Wars Battlefront (as opposed to the SEQUEL to the award-winning Star Wars Battlefront).

Slowly, more people DO seem to be returning to the servers of SWBF1. But, my brethren of the Galactic Battlefront-- it has been a very, very slow return. I've BEEN playing nothing BUT the original, SWBF1. So I'm actually quite excited to hear that so many of you are "tempted" to get back into SWBF1...

But I wonder why it is that so many players haven't yet...


Until We Meet In The Sky--

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER


Flowing Force is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 06:54 PM   #34
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Unhappy

Battlefront 2 has better graphics, better single player, and better gameplay. It is an overall improvement over the first one. There is no logical reason to return to the old one.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #35
Flowing Force
Rookie
 
Flowing Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Between you, me, the tree, the rock... EVERYWHERE.
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
Battlefront 2 has better graphics, better single player, and better gameplay. It is an overall improvement over the first one. There is no logical reason to return to the old one.
If you're refering to more bugs, cartoonish animation, unrealisticly dizzying movement, and retarded AIs as being an "overall improvement", then I agree with you.

Let's all take a moment, now, to remember that everyone's opinion is equally valid, and there is no "right" from "wrong". Also, there is no lack of logic in anyone's reason to do something that brings them joy.

BOTH games have thier advantages and disadvantages over the other one. There is no better One.

Half the people prefer SWBF1. The other half prefer SWBF2. To argue this fact is as futile as it is stupid.


Until We Meet In The Sky--

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER


Flowing Force is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #36
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowing Force
Half the people prefer SWBF1. The other half prefer SWBF2. To argue this fact is as futile as it is stupid.
Such comments aren't welcome, Flowing Force, this is a discussion forum, and when half prefer something and another half prefers something else, we discuss why.
You didn't offer much in the way of a dicussion why you prefer SWBF1, you merely ridiculed people who prefer SWBF2.
Quote:
...bugs, cartoonish animation, unrealisticly dizzying movement, and retarded AIs...
Funny... I remember those same problems with SWBF1...
It's not as clear cut as you make out, the votes are leaning towards SWBF2. We are arguing between two very different games, SWBF1 may be the original, lacking the fanboy non-canonical hero element, but in it's simplicity it can be boring and repetitive.
SWBF2 is all action, fast, sprint shoot kill Jedi, which makes it alot more exciting than SWBF1, but theres so much wrong with it, all the best bits from SWBF1 have been taken out, the new command classes are just, wrong, and alot of the heroes shouldn't be there.
It basically boils down to this, in Battlefront (both games) do you prefer the ability to sprint, or the splash damage from tank fire/grenades?



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #37
Flowing Force
Rookie
 
Flowing Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Between you, me, the tree, the rock... EVERYWHERE.
Posts: 89
In Through The Nose, Out Through The Mouth...

I'm so utterly tired of people creating conflict when none should exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
Such comments aren't welcome, Flowing Force
What comments aren't welcome? Factual statements? I assume you made this thread with a poll for the purpose of accruing facts. Now you're suggesting that the observation OF those facts isn't welcome?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
You didn't offer much in the way of a dicussion why you prefer SWBF1, you merely ridiculed people who prefer SWBF2.
Firstly, I didn't offer much of a discussion because the nature of this thread was to ask which of the two games people prefer... I didn't know you wanted this to be another "My Game Is Better Than Your Game" bashing brawl.

Secondly, I'd love to hear how in the world you percieved ANY of my words to ridicule ANYONE of thier opinions.

Was it when I asked that "we remember that everyone's opinion is equally valid, and there is no "right" from "wrong"", or was it when I disolved TKA-001's cynicism by reminding everyone that "there is no lack of logic in anyone's reason to do something that brings them joy."?

Forget it. It's a rhetorical question. I think you and I have both expressed our true intentions, here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
It's not as clear cut as you make out, the votes are leaning towards SWBF2.
Oh geesh! Come ON, Machine Cult! By, like, a FIVE PERCENT MARGIN!

Wow, Dude... you're, like, RE-E-E-E-EALLY reaching right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
We are arguing between two very different games
No... YOU'RE arguing about two different games. I'm merely speaking in a way that gives validation to all opinions-- or to "both sides", for those who want to see this as some sort of "fight".
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
SWBF1... can be boring and repetitive.
I cannot deny your experience, nor your opinions. Be that as it may, I actually have recognised most of the facts you cited in comparing the two, and-- as far as objective facts go-- I agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
It basically boils down to this, in Battlefront (both games) do you prefer the ability to sprint, or the splash damage from tank fire/grenades?
It IS a shame that both are not availible together in one game, isn't it? The sprinting is what I like the best from SWBF2 (besides the skins, which do not actually affect gameplay, and which can be added to SWBF1 with the use of mods). But despite how much I may prefer sprinting over splash-damage, I still continue to find SWBF1 extremely exciting, and smoother to play. It is my favorite of the two.

Machine Cult-- you KNOW I can babble, and write extensively in great detail. I didn't offer much of a discussion (initially) so as to avoid clogging up what I considered an excellent thread. I'm actually quite impressed that it made it this far before people started swinging fists.

The comparison list is far too extensive to get into. Various people have already listed most of the greatest factual differences (as opposed to personal opinions only). I cannot argue these facts because... well... they're facts... so, naturally, I percieve them as such.

Truly, there are a few TERRIFIC improvements that SWBF2 has over SWBF1. The game modes are a sweet addition. And I think that the graphics (the skins, the play of shadow and light for 3-Dimentionality, etc.) of SWBF2 are superior-- though I prefer the animation (the actual camera and unit movement) of SWBF1.

There's a feeling that SWBF1 evokes... I feel like I'm actually IN the Star Wars universe, fighting on the Battlefronts! Despite (or perhaps because of) the speed and frenetic energy of SWBF2, it (SWBF2) just feels too "gamey"... too computerey or cartooney, by comparison. I KNOW it's a game for evey second that I'm playing it. Oftentimes, however, when I'm playing SWBF1, I can suspend my disbelief enough where I oftentimes FORGET I'm playing a game, and it feels more like I'm actually IN a Star Wars movie.

To me-- those moments are really, really exciting! I get alot of joy and laughter from a good game of the original... probably because I love the movies so much.

Those people who love computer games in general MORE than they like the Star Wars movies probably like SWBF2, because it IS the faster, flashier, glitzier game.


Until We Meet In The Sky--

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER


Flowing Force is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #38
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard
 
Commander Obi-Wan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,363
Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowing Force
What comments aren't welcome? Factual statements? I assume you made this thread with a poll for the purpose of accruing facts. Now you're suggesting that the observation OF those facts isn't welcome?
We don't want create a flame thread and your comment was innapriopriate due to the fact that your comment was aimed towards those who picked the other choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowing Force
Oh geesh! Come ON, Machine Cult! By, like, FIVE PERCENT MARGIN!
Well, actually 9%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowing Force
It IS a shame that both are not availible together in one game, isn't it? The sprinting is what I like the best from SWBF2 (besides the skins, which do not actually affect gameplay, and which can be added to SWBF1 with the use of mods). But despite how much I may prefer sprinting over splash-damage, I still continue to find SWBF1 extremely exciting, and smoother to play. It is my favorite of the two.
No. It would in many eyes make the game even worse. To be frank, the first battlefront was better than second, despite my vote, maybe if they kept the second battlefront the same way it was in the first and maybe just added levels and characters, would have been better. Maybe even just an expansion.


Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2006, 02:44 AM   #39
Flowing Force
Rookie
 
Flowing Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Between you, me, the tree, the rock... EVERYWHERE.
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
We don't want create a flame thread and your comment was innapriopriate due to the fact that your comment was aimed towards those who picked the other choice.
WHAT COMMENT??? WHAT FLAME??? I aimed at nobody. The absolute worst thing I've said, here, is that to argue against the documented statistics on this thread is as futile as it is stupid. If you honestly believe that arguing is going to change the statistics, then you may do so WITHOUT me. In my words there were no targets, no flaming, no ridicule, and no inappropriateness. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but it simply IS futile to argue against statistics. The only people who would, are those who want to split hairs... 5%... 9%... Of course it's going to fluctuate as time passes, Commander Obi Wan. I don't know about you, but for ME to argue this any further is stupid... as I said before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowing Force
I still continue to find SWBF1 extremely exciting, and smoother to play. It is my favorite of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
No.
Ummmmm... YES.

It IS my favorite of the two.

To "correct" me about my own opinion is not only "inappropriate", but it's as futile as it is... Oh, forget it.

And by the way-- I KNOW there's a big bunch of Star Wars fans out there who KNOW why I chose those words in my original posting of them.

"The rebels have been alerted to our presence. Admiril Ozzell came out of light-speed too close to the system."

~ "He... He felt surprise was wiser..." ~

"He is as clumsy as he is stupid."

....................... Darth Vader, Sith Lord, and
....................... General Veers, conversing, Episode V


Be mindful, though, that UNLIKE Vader, I did not call anybody stupid... just the CONCEPT of arguing over something so trivial.

My goodness! Somebody didn't take thier nap today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
To be frank, the first battlefront was better than second, despite my vote
???!!!???

O.K.

That's my cue.

If you choose to fight it'll be amongst yourselves. I can no longer intefere.

All opinions are OPINIONS... and all opinions are valid.

I leave in peace.


Until We Meet In The Sky--

Flowing Force,
STORMBRINGER


Flowing Force is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2006, 07:01 AM   #40
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowing Force
I leave in peace.
Good, I posted this thread because the SWBF forums are dying, not so you can come in tell everyone that you are right and they are wrong.
Quote:
Oh geesh! Come ON, Machine Cult! By, like, a FIVE PERCENT MARGIN!

Wow, Dude... you're, like, RE-E-E-E-EALLY reaching right now.

???!!!???

O.K.
Try to express your opinions in a more adult manner. Capital letters, bold underlines and "RE-E-E-EALLY" don't help you get your point across.
For gods sake stop quoting Star Wars and comparing yourself to Vader, if you're going to get into an argument with someone then use your own words instead of using someone elses.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Star Wars Battlefront or Battlefront II?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.