lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ever any plans of returning?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Question Ever any plans of returning?

Does anyone know of any plans of returning to the Monkey Island series in Lucasarts? I highly doubt it, but I was just wondering if there were any rumors or anything. I did see on an interview on G4TV with a Lucasarts guy that said something like: "we will work on some star wars and original titles for a few years, and then maybe we will return to some classic favorites..."

Man...I hate how they cancelled Full Throttle and Sam and Max...I know...a while ago, but it still burns!

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
As of yet, no rumours, no plans, no anything and frankly, it's highly improbable that LucasArts will return to the series, they'll probably just continue to milk Star Wars for all it's got and then, when the new Indy movie is made, they'll milk that for a bit as well.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Jim Ward, president of LucasArts, basically laughed off the suggestion of returning to the classics when interviewed at E3, and quite literally said “not until at least 2015”.

You can take that as 'never'.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Payday 2
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik
Jim Ward, president of LucasArts, basically laughed off the suggestion of returning to the classics when interviewed at E3, and quite literally said “not until at least 2015”.

You can take that as 'never'.
I don't know... 2015 seems like a good time to strike with a modern remake. Like what they did with Prince of Persia, Pitfall, and countless others.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
How many of those "countless others" originated as point n click adventure games?

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
As far as I'm concerned...while Star Wars is absolutely amazing, Lucasarts has made me mad enough to forget about all of it's old classics that I don't even bother listening to their news unless it is super important. I don't see why they can't just re-release the classics again. I really would like to play all of the Monkey Island games. Oh and another thing that burns me up is that they no longer sell Grim Fandango in their store. The only classic series game they still sell is Monkey Island 4...so basically...I've given up hope on them.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > Ever any plans of returning?