lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Which platform do you want to see kotor 3 on?
XBOX 360 33 37.08%
PS3 8 8.99%
Wii 8 8.99%
All of them! 16 17.98%
PC 61 68.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: What Platform do you want kotor 3 to be on?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #41
Jackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
Why did they use the Oddesey engine then? If they would make them with both platforms in mind, surely they would have picked some better engine.
The Odyssy Engine is an updated Aurora engine which was used for NeverWinter Nights. A PC game. The engine used to make the game doesnt decide what platform the game can be played on.
Quote:
In my opinion, kotor is a very nice RPG, 'ported' from X-Box too the PC.
Well your opinion is wrong. Both the PC and X-Box versions where developed at the same time. I am sure you can try argue diffeently but I know Bioware and Obsidian Ent. employees would vehemently argue with you about that seeing they built the games.
Quote:
But i do understand your opinion. We did get some extra graphic tricks, and patches. So they didn't 'port' it directly.
All I can say here is "higher graphics and patches are good" Though games really shouldnt need patches they unfortunately do due to the multitude of configurations that are available these days.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #42
DarthOxyClean
Rookie

hmmmm.....id like it to stay on the pc, because the pc provides the best gameplay for the KOTOR series, and the graphics are obviosly better on the pc, tho that might change if KOTOR 3 comes out on the 360.

im on the fence about the Wii. the wii is a great system, but i dont think that the KOTOR games can fit well with the controller.

so keep it on the pc and xbox, put it on the 360.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.
DarthOxyClean is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #43
marvidchano

Location: Meditating In The Ancient Temple Of Exar Kun. Sutton in Ashfield. England
I play on my pc a lot more now since I have upgraded it to an uber badass machine.. so I'd like it to stay on PC! plus u can put cool mods on the game with a PC

Eusaet Rifae | Bria Server

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?MarvidChano dO nOt Lo0k @ tHiS SiTe
---------------------------------------------------
Xbox live Gamertag: Dragon2Sword[/size]
marvidchano is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #44
Revan23
Rookie

PC and Xbox 360 only, the past two i have bought for both Xbox and pc but i dont know if i will be able to get the PC one cuz we all know they will make it so u need Vista. So i might be left just getting it for my Xbox 360 i sure will miss mods haha.
Revan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #45
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
PC and 360...while the Wii is absolutely stunning, I don't think an RPG will work very well on there...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2006, 02:36 AM   #46
SiTh_LoRd_ReVaN
Lurker

i believe were gonna see it come out in the PC for sure & more than likely the 360, im to see it on the xbox as well (really hopin there) it jus seems there keepin it towards that direction (PC & xbox)
SiTh_LoRd_ReVaN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #47
alanrha
Rookie

For a change, I'd like to see a Mac port of a game upon release -- and this would be a good one to start with. Not the least reason being that Apple-using KotOR players have waited a really long time for TSL. To make it up, I'd settle for a skip right on up to THREE. This would work becuase the Unknown Regions were Revan's last known whereabouts, and that could be all the continuity needed for those who did not break down and borrow a friend's PC to play TSL. Of course, I'm not saying it should not at the same time be released for the PC.

Maybe game marketers think so holding off will pressure Mac users into buying a game console. Well, if that's the case, it didn't work on me. I wait and wait, and hey wouldn't it be nice if industries were to prioritize making consumers happy? Happiness does earn brand loyalty, after all.

Last edited by alanrha; 06-13-2006 at 02:30 PM. Reason: fastidious, I want to set an example
alanrha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2006, 05:08 AM   #48
tanksa
Banned

where i can get kotor1 mods
tanksa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #49
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksa
where i can get kotor1 mods
This makes your 5th out of 5 spam posts tanksa.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with all this irrelevant posting, but I can assure you that you will be soon banned if you continue.

Your Posts

Please stop...

_EW_

EW, tanska has already been warned for this by Prime, no need to flog him anymore about it. Thanks.

Edit:: Sorry.... I'll be an ...

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 06-14-2006 at 04:37 PM.
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What Platform do you want kotor 3 to be on?