lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What planet would you like KOTOR 3 to start on?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

What planet would you like KOTOR 3 to start on?

hi there, sorry if this is already a thread but i was wondering what planet would u guys like kotor 3 to start on personally i'd like a planet like dantooine instead of a boring one like peragus
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleOfHarpenden
hi there, sorry if this is already a thread but i was wondering what planet would u guys like kotor 3 to start on personally i'd like a planet like dantooine instead of a boring one like peragus
Good Thread. I'd like it to start on Coruscant. If not that, then Nar Shaddaa.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
Good Thread. I'd like it to start on Coruscant. If not that, then Nar Shaddaa.
Yes! I want to start on Coruscant. And then go back to Coruscant later in the game, like Onderon.

"I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now,
Even though you broke my heart and killed me.
And tore me to pieces...
And threw every piece into a fire.
As I burned, it hurt because
I was so happy for you." - GLaDOS
milo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

yea dantooine make it so the jedi rebuilt the enclave
Sith_Lord_Alzar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
*Atris*

slehyron, it was mentioned in both previous games, and was even meant to be in the first, id like to finally go there.
*Atris* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Kelborn Ordo
Rookie

i would like to start on either couscant or corellia or the planet revan was born on.

We will reunite the Sith, become more powerful than ever before and destroy our enemies:The Republic and their Jedi allies!"
Kelborn Ordo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I definitely want coruscant to be in the game, but I don't know that I want to start there because usually the first planet is a little boring. Well in TSL it was, I actually liked Taris on K1. I wouldn't mind starting there again in K3.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #8
Henz

^ Taris was destroyed though....

I liked Peragus myself. It had the most intense atmosphere in TSL. I also like the idea of Coruscant. You could start in the dingy dangerous depths. The jedi temple would be more like the second planet.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #9
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Diablo III RoS (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Most definitely Coruscant, but it has to be a long and interesting visit to that planet.

igyman is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #10
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
Most definitely Coruscant, but it has to be a long and interesting visit to that planet.
Agreed staring off as a padawan.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 12:57 AM   #11
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I do want to see Coruscant in K3. The first planet probably wouldn't be so boring to so many people on here if your character starts off with a lightsaber.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #12
Darth Amenophis

The game should start out on korriban for an interesting twist for the storyline. This could be taken in any direction. The game should end on Coruscant after the true sith reveal themselves.

"Though now we are to meet our end the dust beneith us shall forever spin."
Darth Amenophis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #13
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Diablo III RoS (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Why Korriban? It's deserted now. Nothing's there but Sith Tombs and dust.

igyman is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #14
master gale
Rookie

i think its better that they start in a republic ship that on mission to find revan
master gale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #15
DarthMaul!!!
Rookie

i don't think you should have a saber in the beginning. its a lot better when you build it yourself. the planet you should start out on is someplace remote.
DarthMaul!!! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #16
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

yea korriban would be better to start out on they rebuild it an re opened the acadamy yu could kill the sith acadamy head master again that was fun
Old 06-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #17
Darth Xenus
Rookie

how about this: you start off on Malachor 5, you are a survivor from the Mandalorian Wars and when the planet goes boom (or when it doesn't) you have to steal a Sith fighter and escape the planet, but you have no navicomputer (its broken) and you have to follow the Ebon Hawk to safety and then you meet the exile's companions and decide to help them find the exile and revan and then you find them and fight the real Sith!

"Good and evil are but points of view. Many would call me evil for the things I have done, but to myself and to my followers, I am the saviour of the galaxy. I have not shirked from my duty because it is unpleasant or because others will disapprove. I regret the deaths I have caused on this path, but they were necessary to prevent far greater evil. So, Jedi, who are you to say what I do is wrong?"

-Darth Xenus, Emperor of the Sith
Darth Xenus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

sounds awsome
Old 06-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #19
DarthMaul!!!
Rookie

nah. you couldnt have survived on malachor that long. and besides, dont you want new characters?

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge. –Darth Maul
Old 06-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #20
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

i beat the the games a total of 5 tims its gettin borin and a new hasto come out soon
Old 06-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #21
DarthMaul!!!
Rookie

they should keep a similar transition between the games as in a five-year difference. but thats getting off-topic.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge. –Darth Maul
Old 06-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #22
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

maybe yu could start out on corosunt yur 5 they want to teach yu the ways of the jedi but yu get to play the lessons if yu wannna join the jedi or go to korriban and be a dark jedi and be able to pick yur race of all the sw races in the movies besides the slugs and yur class/race/skills/feats
Old 06-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #23
Darth Xenus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul!!!
nah. you couldnt have survived on malachor that long. and besides, dont you want new characters?
Then how did the Sith survive there that long?

"Good and evil are but points of view. Many would call me evil for the things I have done, but to myself and to my followers, I am the saviour of the galaxy. I have not shirked from my duty because it is unpleasant or because others will disapprove. I regret the deaths I have caused on this path, but they were necessary to prevent far greater evil. So, Jedi, who are you to say what I do is wrong?"

Old 06-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #24
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

but yu can pick yur race for both drk light etc
Old 06-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #25
DarthMaul!!!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Xenus
Then how did the Sith survive there that long?
what do you mean? trayus academy?

Old 06-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #26
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

no th 1 onkorriban

Sith_Lord_Alzar, please do not triple post, I have deleted 2 of them, also this is not IM so responses can take days, be patient. Please also read our Forum Rules. Thanks. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-07-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #27
DarthMaul!!!
Rookie

what about the one on korriban and dont triple post

Old 06-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #28
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

i got start out in the ebon hawk right after yu blowup malochor only visas and brianna are in your prty every1 else left/died on malachor so yu wake up i the e bon hawk and so on so it should continue were it left off
Old 06-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #29
DarthMaul!!!
Rookie

i dont understand....make yourself more clear

Old 06-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #30
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie

yu know after yu blow up malachor on kotor 2 on kotor3 right wen yu escape malachors destructiion yu wake up on the ebon hawk brianna(handmaidan) and visas marr ask yu wat happend but yu dont remember

a jedis light saber defines who they are

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-07-2006 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Combining double post...
Old 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #31
DarthMaul!!!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Lord_Alzar
yu know after yu blow up malachor on kotor 2 on kotor3 right wen yu escape malachors destructiion yu wake up on the ebon hawk brianna(handmaidan) and visas marr ask yu wat happend but yu dont remember
nah....like i said earlier we need new characters....i mean the old characters can show up again but not be NPCs

Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 PM   #32
Chowganhime
Rookie

I agree with Henz, I think that you should start out as a young kid or teenager and evebtually they find out that your force sensetive and bring you to the jedi temple. This is all on Coruscant of course.

P-3 of IMF Aisoft
Chowganhime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #33
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I don't care what planet it starts on, as long as it's not a dead Peragus. If I have a planet with lots of side quests and some people to talk to and at least 1 party member, if not 2 to run around with, I'll be a happy camper.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #34
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Anywhere....Coruscant would be fine.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #35
Darth Xenus
Rookie

Yes I mean in Trayus. Update to my idea: you are a Sith trooper and decide to escape rather than die with your master.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #36
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Lord_Alzar
i beat the the games a total of 5 tims its gettin borin and a new hasto come out soon
I get the feeling your not cut from the same cloth as me by that sentance alone.

Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #37
DSharrah
Lurker

I think that the starting planet should depend on how you structure some things at the beginning of the game...Of course this is all assuming that they continue the story from TSL...I always thought it would be cool to have a start where you are having flashes of visions/voices that are all asking you questions (questions about the way you played TSL - Gender, Alignment of the Exile and Revan, etc.)...the questions would help to determine your starting location and Jedi council members. If you played Light Side you would begin on Coruscant where the NPC's from TSL have reformed the "old" Jedi Council...dark side you would begin on Malachor where the NPC's have formed the "new" Jedi Council...Regardless you awake as a Force Sensitive at either academy and be required to complete tasks before joining the order to prove that you can control the force (now how you define control would depend on your academy). After being accepted into the order you would stay on that first planet to complete your training - which I hope is more interactive this time...rather than choosing a skill and you're a pro I would like to see you choose a basic understanding and have to use that skill to improve your mastery of it (kind of like ES4: Oblivion) - at the end of your training you build your own lightsaber and start some simple quest that snowballs into you vs ??? to save the galaxy...

At least that's what I think would be cool and work to tie into the TSL story.
DSharrah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #38
Dark_lord_Cheez
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSharrah
I think that the starting planet should depend on how you structure some things at the beginning of the game...Of course this is all assuming that they continue the story from TSL...I always thought it would be cool to have a start where you are having flashes of visions/voices that are all asking you questions (questions about the way you played TSL - Gender, Alignment of the Exile and Revan, etc.)...the questions would help to determine your starting location and Jedi council members. If you played Light Side you would begin on Coruscant where the NPC's from TSL have reformed the "old" Jedi Council...dark side you would begin on Malachor where the NPC's have formed the "new" Jedi Council...Regardless you awake as a Force Sensitive at either academy and be required to complete tasks before joining the order to prove that you can control the force (now how you define control would depend on your academy). After being accepted into the order you would stay on that first planet to complete your training - which I hope is more interactive this time...rather than choosing a skill and you're a pro I would like to see you choose a basic understanding and have to use that skill to improve your mastery of it (kind of like ES4: Oblivion) - at the end of your training you build your own lightsaber and start some simple quest that snowballs into you vs ??? to save the galaxy...

At least that's what I think would be cool and work to tie into the TSL story.

I completely agree with this idea. Makes the story flow much better with the other two, at least IMHO.

Really though, I just don't want the game to start off with some plot of you searching for Revan or the Exile, it just seems really out of place in the series.

For starters, if you went DS with Revan, I doubt the Republic would want him/her back around to cause more trouble and the Sith would be too worried about maintaining their own control of the galaxy in order to launch an expidition to find Revan.

If you went LS, then wouldn't Carth and Bastila still be following his/her 'orders' (watch after the Republic, and don't follow me)? As opposed to just financing a search into the outer rim for someone who could already be dead anyway? The Republic is about to collapse at the end of TSL, I doubt they'd be able to spare a few Endar Spire/Harbinger type ships to send them out into sure destruction at the cost of Revan's life.

Then there's the exile:

Everyone wants him/her dead. The exchange, the sith, and even the last few jedi... why would they go into the outer rim to bring him/her back? Or even why would they go to the outer rim to make sure their dead? It just doesn't make too much sense.

Also, I would hate to start off with a lightsaber for the sole reason that that would TERRIBLY unbalance the game. Who in their right mind would pick a fight with you on the starting planet if you're packing a lightsaber in your jacket pocket? They'd be cut down before they could even lift a finger to touch you... not how I want to play through my games.

Finally, in TSL we see the fall of the jedi order... I'm curious as to why everyone wants the jedi to just magically reform before the third game. Wouldn't it make the game ten times better if the Jedi are just fighting to survive throughout the game and only at the final boss are they starting to work together? I mean think of it; you start off as a jedi, little guidance, no master, no sense of a moral 'code', and what's worse you have the Exchange after you. Throughout every planet you learn that the Jedi are hated by just about everyone in the galaxy, the Exile is thought to be dead, as well as Revan and nobody cares anymore... It's a really dark time for the Republic.

And then, almost out of the blue, a threat arises which can't be stopped by Republic or Mercenary forces. Even the former sith soldiers are being killed, and the few sith and fewer jedi are being exterminated in the shadows of a crippled republic. Only at the end of the game will you be able to either unite the jedi, or destroy them; rally the sith to your cause, or wipe them from the face of the galaxy. Or even work to have the two groups fight side by side.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a pretty sweet idea?

"Find what you're looking for amongst the dead?" - Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)
Dark_lord_Cheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #39
Raven_Onasi
Rookie

I dunno, Since Taris was destroyed I think it should start on Telos. I liked that planet in TSL, so I wouldn't mind starting there. Pluse thats Carth's home world!!!

Life is pain, highness, anyone who says differently is selling something. ~ Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride)

Pain is really the only reliable means by which truth may be obtained. Or so I choose to believe. ~HK-47

I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent – usually from warriors. ~ Carth
Raven_Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #40
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I for one think Kotor III should start on a starship of some sort in space, which is how virtually everything Star Wars starts, right after the opening text crawl. Otherwise it wouldn't really feel like a Star Wars game.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What planet would you like KOTOR 3 to start on?