lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Thrawn confirmed!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
The_Eradicator
Rookie

Thrawn confirmed!!

Wooohooooo Thrawn, Xizorm Jabba and Garm Bel Iblis will be in the game....

Does that mean the Dreadnaught (as Bel Iblis controls a fleet of 4 of them) will be in too?

EDIT by LIAYD:
http://www.2404.org/interviews/986/...ption-Interview

Quote:
8) Who are some of the characters from the films as well as Expanded Universe that will be in the game?

We have several familiar movie characters, as well as lore characters. To name a few, the Rebellion will have Yoda, Garm Bel Iblis and Luke Skywalker, who leaves Red Squadron to become a powerful new ground and space hero. The Empire will have Admiral Thrawn, and the Executor will become Vaderís new flagship with Admiral Piett at the helm. IG-88, the Nightsisters, Bossk and others will work with the Underworld. Jabba the Hutt and Prince Xizor also make appearances.

Last edited by lukeiamyourdad; 06-07-2006 at 07:22 PM.
The_Eradicator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
vadermandude
Rookie

doesent ibis only have 3??? it says so in the books ive read.

and lo did the jawas use their many droids to destroy the entire empire in one blow.

or so they thought...
vadermandude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
pbarny

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadermandude
doesent ibis only have 3??? it says so in the books ive read.
He slowly builds up his army as he's able to purchase them. He has 4 by the time of Dark Force Rising, but only 2-3 during the height of the Rebellion.

If anything they should modify an assault frigate and call it the Peregrine like they modify a corvette and call it the Sundered Heart for Antilles.

pbarny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Xizorm Jabba? who is this??
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
Dreng
Rookie

where did u read that?
Dreng is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #6
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Uh...you can't really say these characters are 'confirmed' if you don't provide substantiating evidence...where's the confirmation?

Pouiy, I'm guessing he meant "Xizor, Jabba."

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
mattwild
Rookie

It's in one of the expansion pack previews in the sticky thread.

The first one I think.

mattwild is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
Darth Andrew
Veteran

You're right! And I also read in that article that there will be a Mon Calamari frigate. I honestly don't want to know what that will look like.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #9
Foshjedi2004

Thats Good News Guys.

My Personal Opinions are not Endorsed by Any Websites, persons or places.
Check out my Gallery
[/color]
Foshjedi2004 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
Yadiel
Rookie

O_o seems like a lot didn't read the interview transcription. this is kind of double post, I suggest u to read the whole thing, its interesting =)
Yadiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #11
The_Eradicator
Rookie

now its time for a few pictures featuring Thrawn that would be awesome
The_Eradicator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #12
Darth Alec
Forumite

Seems good, I hope they do them right though...

I am a High Admiral of the Imperial fleet.

Serving the Empire is my destiny, and only Sidious is my lord.

Two starwars parodys...

Starwars gangsta rap

Robot chicken
Darth Alec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #13
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

I wonder how Jabba would work.

I know they have Hutt models already, but a rolling Hutt is not too Jabbaie I think.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #14
lonepadawan

Does this mean Vader in TIE advanced is no longer ever going to be used?

"Your life does flash before your eyes before you die..... the process is called LIVING"
lonepadawan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #15
mattwild
Rookie

It's not quite like that. As far as I can gather, the hero in the ISD will now be Thrawn, and Piett will now be in the SSD. Vader will stay in his cool TIE I think.

mattwild is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #16
Darth Anarch

Yes, there's no reason to change Vader flying in his TIE. He's already working fine as both a ground and space hero. I would have thought they'd do the same with Luke Skywalker and Red Squadron, but apparently not.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #17
Yadiel
Rookie

well i guess red squadron will be out of the spotlight now, and we will have rogue squadron.
Yadiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #18
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Ed need Death Squadron to still be in the game.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #19
Wilfer88
Rookie

Hope this info will be included, cause I want Thrawn

Its all about power
Wilfer88 myspace
World Leader
Wilfer88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #20
Thrawn
Grand Admiral

Glad to see I'm making an appearance in the game

"Politicians campaign in poetry and govern in prose."
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,HPGR_Thrawn, Rogue 6
Born And Bred In XWA Country
Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 10:29 PM   #21
Admiral Sith

Pretender to the throne of Thrawn! You will fall!

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 08:20 AM   #22
THrawn((9
Rookie

i'm the true thrawn and i am the one making the Apperance! prepare to be crushed by my Tactical Genius. *could you show me some of your art please?*

A True stratergist doesnt need a DS to be successful. A True Thrawn should understand this. the Only Superweapon Thrawn needs is information!
THrawn((9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #23
Admiral Sith

I will never give a fake Thrawn my art!

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #24
magna mandaloe
Rookie

I swear if they add Dreadnaught Petro will have taken another Idea for my Enhancement mod .

*Changed cause I did'nt like old much*
magna mandaloe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #25
wedge2211

They will have "taken an idea" from just about ever Star Wars EU source there is. They're not preying on you. They're getting the idea for the Dreadnaught from the same sources where you took the idea for a Dreadnaught from. Such are the difficulties of game-making in an already well-established universe.

Last edited by wedge2211; 06-15-2006 at 04:52 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 06-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #26
magna mandaloe
Rookie

I though most of the Ideas in my brain Like Gauntlet Battle Cruiser. Most were not from Sources.

*Changed cause I did'nt like old much*
magna mandaloe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #27
wedge2211

Uh, dude, Dreadnaughts have been a part of the Star Wars universe for a long time before you thought of including them in your Empire at War mod.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:00 AM   #28
slornie
Rookie

Garm Bel Iblis... will this be when he was part of the Rebel Alliance, if so he wouldnt have his dreadnaughts... since he collected them after he separated from the alliance... also... i was under the impression that by the time of the Thrawn Trilogy he had 6 dreadnaughts... and that they were all involved in the battle with the Katana...
slornie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #29
Darth Anarch

If Bel Iblis makes it into the game it will almost certainly be post-Endor. It makes no sense to add a hero in the expansion pack that concentrates on the ESB/RotJ time period and then insert a character as he was before even the events of the original campaign.

And since the Empire is getting another hero with his own spaceship (Thrawn) then it's a good possibility that the Rebels will get one too.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Old 06-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #30
Thrawn
Grand Admiral

Good point about the spaceship heroes. I wouldn't mind Iblis having a Dreadnaught running around. It would pack a heck of a punch. Perhaps it could be a pair of them or something.

"Politicians campaign in poetry and govern in prose."
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,HPGR_Thrawn, Rogue 6
Born And Bred In XWA Country
Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #31
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, one would not be too much.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #32
Thrawn3.14
Rookie

Thrawn will make an excellent addition to the game...
Thrawn3.14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #33
Darth MD
Rookie

He would, but what "special abilities" would he have?-the same for the other heroes....I would hate it if Bel Iblis could "summon" a dreadnaught in the middle of the fight and kick the s*** out of the imps....
Darth MD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #34
Darth Anarch

They both will probably give some sort of bonuses to the ships involved in the battle, like Tarkin and Fleet Officers do.

-- George Carlin
Old 07-04-2006, 05:59 AM   #35
slornie
Rookie

Garm Bel Iblis will probably have some sort of bonus that allows his ship to use ion cannons to temporarily knock out a opposing ship...
Admiral Thrawn will have some kind of all round tactical modifier for his fleet... like utilise cultural blindspot... or something...

Old 07-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #36
IonFizzle07
Rookie

This is fantastic news!!

Thrawn is a magnificent character. Arguably the most tactically brilliant commander in Star Wars history (arguably because of Ackbar, bel Iblis, Farlander, Kre'fey, Antilles). What a fantastic choice.

bel Iblis as well is a totally excellent character addition. Brilliant and independent tactician.

Someone mentioned a Mon Calamari frigate. I'm guessing that'll be the MC-40 we see in the X-Wing games (the Lulsa) and NJO Balance Point (the Poesy)
IonFizzle07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #37
wedge2211

One of the developer interviews mentioned a "Mon Calamari frigate." We weren't given a specific designation, but I'd expect it to be smaller than the MC-80 and have some interesting special ability or interesting weapon loadout (perhaps like a Rebel version of the Acclamator).

Thrawn is...well...er...okay, I just re-read the original Thrawn trilogy, 'cause I thought, what the heck, it's summer and the last time I read those was like in fifth grade. Having him in Forces of Corruption is somewhat un-canon since at this time period he's supposed to be zipping around the Unknown Regions of the galaxy, but I'm okay with that since Empire at War theoretically spans the whole galaxy. His special ability will probably be either a general tactical modifier a la Fleet Commanders, Mon Mothma, and the Emperor; but it could also be some specific tactic that could be triggered like Admiral Ackbar's concentrate fire ability. However, I must say I really don't like Thrawn that much as a "tactical genius." The art thing is a bit too hokey; and the way Timothy Zahn wrote Thrawn was to make him seem smart just by having him know things he couldn't possibly know. That's not really plausible.

Okay, the blasphemy has ended.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #38
IonFizzle07
Rookie

No, it's not blasphemy. I'm actually much the same about Thrawn. I don't see him as the God that most Star Wars fans seem to. It's true that he was very much a Master of fleet combat, but I disagree when I hear him called THE master. In my mind, Ackbar was THE master. if you've read New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way, Ackbar's strategy at the Battle of Ebaq 9 was absolutely amazinng. Also, Admiral Kre'fey's work in several campaigns as well as Bel Iblis's cold hard rational thinking during the defense of Coruscant in Star by Star were oustanding.

And, in a tip of the hat to your username, if you've read Allston's two NJO books, Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand, General Wedge Antilles was a complete genius in the defense of Borleias.

Thrawn was good, no doubt, but no god. Ackbar was easily his equal.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #39
slornie
Rookie

its all relative really... depending upon who has what ships, where they are, how they are working, etc... i mean Thrawn was an excellant commander, but i agree that there were many others of a similar calibre... also, wasnt there one in the dark nest trilogy who beat the thrawn simulations... i dont want to get into a debate about whether fighting a simulation of thrawn is anything like fighting him in person... but this shows that it is silly to call thrawn the master of startegy and tactics when there are others who are just as good... all that aside... i quite like the idea of thrawn being able to use species are to understand their physhe... it adds new depth to him as a character and as a strategist...

Old 07-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #40
IonFizzle07
Rookie

Yeah, the Dark Nest admiral is a Bothan, Bwua'ua or something like that. Very arrogant but less so than most Bothans. Defeated all the Thrawn simulators every time.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > Thrawn confirmed!!