lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Thrawn confirmed!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #41
Darth Anarch

I always assumed that that Bothan admiral, Bwua-something, beat the Thrawn simulator because he cheated. He is a Bothan, after all.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2006, 02:14 AM   #42
IonFizzle07
Rookie

You know, I never even thought of that

*SPOILER ALERT: DARK NEST SERIES*

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

After the way his fleet was routed at the Murgo Choke, he definately doesn't seem to have the tactical savvy of Thrawn at all.
IonFizzle07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #43
ImpElite

Cool! Another space hero for my Imperial fleet! Muahahahahahahahahaha
ImpElite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 07:24 PM   #44
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Is it the Bothan dude whose name sounds like "failure" and who is vitality challanged after the nutcase attacks on the Liberty City?>

If so yeah he is quite a cheater.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 12:03 AM   #45
ImpElite

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Is it the Bothan dude whose name sounds like "failure" and who is vitality challanged after the nutcase attacks on the Liberty City?>

If so yeah he is quite a cheater.
I think his name is Fey'lyea or something like that.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #46
ImpElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn
Glad to see I'm making an appearance in the game
I shall now be able to control you, Thrawn! You will do what I wish..... Muahahahahaha!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #47
slornie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge2211
Having him {Thrawn} in Forces of Corruption is somewhat un-canon since at this time period he's supposed to be zipping around the Unknown Regions of the galaxy,
no... he wasnt in the unknown regions at that time... he returned to the them after the battle of Hoth... according to his page on the star wars databank...

slornie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #48
Admiral Sith

You mean when he was commanding the Grey Wolf, and fighting Zaarin?

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2006, 07:21 AM   #49
slornie
Rookie

er... probably it mentioned something about him fighting Zaarin before going back to the unknown regions...

slornie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #50
Thrawn3.14
Rookie

[QUOTE=Darth Anarch] beat the Thrawn simulator because he cheated QUOTE]

Would this simulation happen to be named "The Kobayashi Maru"?

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

"God is innocent of existence until proven guilty."

"As soon as you make something you think is idiot proof, the world creates a dumber idiot."

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
-The Code of the Sith
Thrawn3.14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #51
ImpElite

Ummm... Maybe... Anyway this isn't a Thrawn History contest.

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #52
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

I wonder if the Imps will have "Mutated Rancors" as pets on some planets. (or what they called Sith Alchemical Warbeasts"
Old 08-14-2006, 03:50 AM   #53
Elryc
Lurker

Thrawn was skilled at using what he had in ways most people would never have thought off, such as using a cloaked ship to make it appear as though his Star Destroyers had weapons that could bypass a planetary shield. Additionally, read the short story Side Trip in Tales from the Empire to see Thrawn set up one heck of a ploy.

And Kre'Fey!? He doesn't even rate on the level of Thrawn, Antilles, and Ackbar. He barely rates on the Ozzel level :-P
Elryc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #54
ExileRevan
Rookie

If Thrawn is included I do wonder if the Nogrhi are to be included in this Expansion.
ExileRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #55
ImpElite

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExileRevan
If Thrawn is included I do wonder if the Nogrhi are to be included in this Expansion.
MMMMMM.... Gives me something to wonder about, good question!

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #56
Darth Anarch

They will be, at least as indigenous natives. Their homeworld of Honoghr is included in the Galactic map, and I imagine you'll run into Noghri there. If they'll be a recruitable unit... I don't know, but I doubt it. We've heard about most of the new Imperial units by now, I think.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #57
Valter
Rookie

Have all 13 new planets been revealed yet?

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision!" - Palpatine
Valter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2006, 06:15 PM   #58
Darth Anarch

I think I saw a list somewhere, but I don't know if all 13 were on it. Or even if it was correct.

-- George Carlin
Old 08-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #59
Valter
Rookie

You probably saw the list on Wookiepedia but we all know they are unreliable at best.

So far I've seen Honoghr, Felucia, Mandolore, Bespin(cloud city), The Maw, Kamino, Seleucami and Hypori and that's about it. I heard Utapau and Mustafar are also supposed to be in the game.

Last edited by Valter; 08-23-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:30 PM   #60
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Bespin is already in it?

Now supposedly, if the galaxy gun incident would ever be mentioned, its victim targets would also be.

Also... we know Witches would be in it, and quite some possability with some Unknown Region Planets??

Well the Planet where Emperor/Master Brand stayed in be on the map? How about that place where the Iron Knights stayed in?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #61
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Quote:
Also... we know Witches would be in it, and quite some possability with some Unknown Region Planets??
I think Dathomir is one of the confirmed new planets, but I'm not sure about that.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2006, 10:54 PM   #62
Valter
Rookie

Quote:
Bespin is already in it?
I assume you didn't mean that as an interogative. Bespin may already be in the game but now Petroglyph is adding a land battle (Cloud City).

Old 08-31-2006, 02:13 PM   #63
jedi jim 1989
Rookie

umm, im kninda new, but ive been reading the eu books recently, and as far as i could tell thrawn wasnt anything brilliant at all. if you ask me it was mainly experience, i mean he was the one who destroyed the outbound flight project which i do believe was before the clone wars?? any ways i would say that his studyin of art to decide what to do in combat did help but only very little, i would say it was mainly all experience e.g. when they atacked coruscant and launched those asteroids. he knew that it wwas a corrliean in charge when he pulled the dreadnaughts back. not through there art but by seeing them do similar things before.

well thats my thoughts. please dont flame me if there uncomprehendible
jedi jim 1989 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2006, 03:38 PM   #64
Darth Anarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi jim 1989
umm, im kninda new, but ive been reading the eu books recently, and as far as i could tell thrawn wasnt anything brilliant at all. if you ask me it was mainly experience, i mean he was the one who destroyed the outbound flight project which i do believe was before the clone wars?? any ways i would say that his studyin of art to decide what to do in combat did help but only very little, i would say it was mainly all experience e.g. when they atacked coruscant and launched those asteroids. he knew that it wwas a corrliean in charge when he pulled the dreadnaughts back. not through there art but by seeing them do similar things before.

well thats my thoughts. please dont flame me if there uncomprehendible
I suspect most people here (who have read Timothy Zahn's trilogy) would disagree with you, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

The "proof" of Thrawn's genius was that he was always at least two steps ahead of his opponents, not that he was able to tell what species an opposing tactician was based on his manoeuvres in battle. Like a world-class chess player Thrawn could think farther ahead than almost anyone else, seeing every possible move and thinking up a counter for it beforehand. That is the very definition of strategic/tactical brilliance.

-- George Carlin
Old 08-31-2006, 05:44 PM   #65
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

I never liked the art thing, or the way Zahn cast certain species as using certain specific tactics. Or, for that matter, each species having only one kind of art. Humans are more adaptable than that, why shouldn't other races be, too?

All Thrawns strategies seemed, to me, to revolve not around outmaneuvering his opponents but out-gimmicking them. Cloaking devices, mole miners, clones, ysalamiri asteroids...if you really look at it, all Thrawns great "strategies" really boiled down to him getting ahold of some useful gadget before his enemies. The reason he lost in the end was that the New Republic finally got ahead of Thrawn's technology curve and was finally able to anticipate and counter his actions.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2006, 05:51 PM   #66
Darth Anarch

I don't necessarily disagree with you; I, too, always thought that the art-thing was a bit oversimplified. That being said, it wasn't so much that Thrawn had better technology, but that he thought of new and unprecedented ways of using it.

-- George Carlin
Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #67
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, its actually a bit of both, tactical abilities plus innovative use of (sometimes strange) technology he can muster.

Though I have to agree that the whole "art thing" applies little except when it comes to dealing with a less understood species.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > Thrawn confirmed!!