lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?
Reven: Will die in KotOR 3. 27 32.53%
Revan: Will live in KotOR 3. 55 66.27%
Exile: Will die in KotOR 3. 35 42.17%
Exile: Will live in KotOR 3. 34 40.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Arrow Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?
If you look at the Exile as a wound in the force, (Kreia's Quote), do you think his/her fate should be traggic? Do you think the Exile will eventualy die? Is it the Exile's nature to be a unnatural existance?

How about Revan? According to some cannon rumors, Revan brought war to the Jedi inorder to prepare them. Do you think Revan will meet a myters death?

These characters have been through alot.

***I have setup the poll for multiple voting, so you can make a choice for Revan and Exile.****
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend
 
Alkonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Divinity's Reach
Posts: 3,884
Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I for one feel that the Exile must die, for he created a wound in the force, and that may be the only way to set things right, but Revan has a far greater destiny.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
stoffe
Network Caretaker
 
stoffe's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,833
Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
I for one feel that the Exile must survive, since Vrook and his minions had no idea what they were talking about and were panicing/acting out of fear of the unknown. They were rationalizing and making ill-informed decisions from the scant and faulty information they had at hand about the threat. They knew significantly less about what was going on than the Exile & friends did.

In my opinion Malachor and Nihilus was the wound, and the Exile was the cure. The flip-sides of a coin.

I'd rather have Revan survive as well. Games that end with main characters dying are highly anticlimactic and leave a sour taste in my mouth. Such a game has to be truly fantastic for me to play it more than once. I'd rather be able to play KotOR3, if it is made, more than once.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
In my opinion Malachor and Nihilus was the wound, and the Exile was the cure. The flip-sides of a coin.
I never thought about it that way.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
Rain128
Rookie
 
Rain128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: the hall on your left, fifth door on your right...
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
I for one feel that the Exile must survive, since Vrook and his minions had no idea what they were talking about and were panicing/acting out of fear of the unknown. They were rationalizing and making ill-informed decisions from the scant and faulty information they had at hand about the threat. They knew significantly less about what was going on than the Exile & friends did.

In my opinion Malachor and Nihilus was the wound, and the Exile was the cure. The flip-sides of a coin.

I'd rather have Revan survive as well. Games that end with main characters dying are highly anticlimactic and leave a sour taste in my mouth. Such a game has to be truly fantastic for me to play it more than once. I'd rather be able to play KotOR3, if it is made, more than once.

i second that !!
Rain128 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,916
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I think Kreia was full of krap.
Who trusts the manipulative witch? I've never heard of an honest betrayer.

I prefer happy endings in SW, so no main character deaths for me.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend
 
Alkonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Divinity's Reach
Posts: 3,884
Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I disagree. I for one find that a major character death (ie, Chewbacca's death on Sernpidal) really shows how powerful the villain really is, and how the heroes must really fight just to survive, which I think improves the story.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion
 
Cygnus Q'ol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bowerstone Market
Posts: 1,263
Current Game: liberty city stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain128
i second that !!
I third it !!


.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #9
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable
 
Arátoeldar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Karningul
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
I third it !!
I'll fourth it.



Motion carried.


Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
Raevan
Rookie
 
Raevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Eabon Hawk
Posts: 114
well i think that at the end of kotor III Revan will die i dont know but i just have that feeling ( every major charachter dies in SW saga) and exile i think will live he s too young as charachter hahaha


Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule and together achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds....
Raevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
darklord_malak
Rookie
 
darklord_malak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unknown Region
Posts: 43
i think one will die and revan is all powerful
god i hope it gives u his robe in kotor 3


[All Hail Lord Revan]
darklord_malak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #12
Lord Foley
Junior Member
 
Lord Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
In my opinion Malachor and Nihilus was the wound, and the Exile was the cure. The flip-sides of a coin.
That can't be right though, because you see the results of the exile subliminally manipulating his companions and the bond he created with Kreia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
(ie, Chewbacca's death on Sernpidal)
I hated that series. Chewbacca deserved a better death, and the Yuuzhan Vong were a lame enemy.

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-17-2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 01:44 AM   #13
DarthSion101
Junior Member
 
DarthSion101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Imperial Palace, Coruscant
Posts: 461
Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
May they both die the painful, honorless deaths they deserve. Especially the pretender, Revan.


"Have you come here for answers? There are none. The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting you came here."

"The failure is yours, no longer does your voice whisper within my skull, no longer do I suffer beneath teachings that weaken us, and now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead....save one, and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come."
DarthSion101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 05:48 AM   #14
stoffe
Network Caretaker
 
stoffe's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,833
Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
I disagree. I for one find that a major character death (ie, Chewbacca's death on Sernpidal) really shows how powerful the villain really is, and how the heroes must really fight just to survive, which I think improves the story.
I disagree. All it shows is how the heroes must really fight just to die at the end no matter what they do. It kills all the sense of accomplishment. It greatly reduces the fun. It makes me feel cheated, that whatever I do during the game doesn't matter, since it ends in sorrow anyway.

If it depends on your action in the game, however, it's another thing entirely. I'm not against the possibility that things you do leads to main characters dying further down the road, as long as you have to possibility to avoid the death by doing things differently. Then it puts the fate of your characters in your own hand as a player. I want a game, not a slightly interactive movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley
That can't be right though, because you see the results of the exile subliminally manipulating his companions and the bond he created with Kreia.
Do you? I do not see it. All I see is a bunch of people in need of guidance ganging up with a highly charismatic leader who gives them a purpose they believe in. There is no manipulating involved any more than there always is when one person tells others what to do, and make them want to do it. The Exile may or may not subconsciously use the force to boost her allies and tug their emotional strings, but the game leaves the matter open and offers no conclusive evidence either way.

As for the bond, you only have Kreia's word that one really exists, and she hardly has a track record of telling the truth all the time. Kreia tells you what you need to hear to do as she wants. Notice how you only ever notice the bond when she wishes it? And the end, when she wants you to fight and kill her you don't fold over in pain every time you hit her, and you don't die yourself when she dies.

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 06-17-2006 at 02:03 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 05:52 AM   #15
Diego Varen
Left and may not return
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,850
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think that neither Revan or the Exile should die. If anyone, I think Canderous will die.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #16
Henz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 362
RIP Revan.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #17
FallenKamakazi
Rookie
 
FallenKamakazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jedi Temple (Coruscant)
Posts: 13
I think that both Revan and the Exile will die although I am a big fan of Revan and the Exile. But we have to look at everything StarWars here and as someone previously mentioned in Everything StarWars the main character (or Characters we all love) always dies.

For instance Yoda, Maul, Mace Windu Just to name a few.


(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
FallenKamakazi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #18
DarthOxyClean
Rookie
 
DarthOxyClean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Your local laundromat
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
I disagree. I for one find that a major character death (ie, Chewbacca's death on Sernpidal) really shows how powerful the villain really is, and how the heroes must really fight just to survive, which I think improves the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
I disagree. All it shows is how the heroes must really fight just to die at the end no matter what they do. It kills all the sense of accomplishment. It greatly reduces the fun. It makes me feel cheated, that whatever I do during the game doesn't matter, since it ends in sorrow anyway.
I partly agree with Alkonium. I disagree with stoffe. When a main charachter dies (i.e. Chewie, Windu, Anakin Solo), it reminds the observer that no one, no matter how powerful, no matter how loved, is invulnerable. It also uses the bond that the observer has with the character to make them really feel a certain sadness for the character's passing, making the experience more personal, and therefore making it an overall more enjoyable experience.


.


Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.
DarthOxyClean is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #19
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,412
Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think the Exile should die in the period between TSL and KoTOR 3, his/her death and the way he/she died should be mentioned in KoTOR 3. Revan should definitely live and if it was up to me, he'd be the character you play as in KoTOR 3.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #20
FallenKamakazi
Rookie
 
FallenKamakazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jedi Temple (Coruscant)
Posts: 13
Maybe you could start KotOR 3 as Revan but start at lvl. say 20 or 30 and just make the opponents higher in lvl.?
And than have Revan die at the end of the game?


(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
FallenKamakazi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #21
Clone L68362
Forumite
 
Clone L68362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Totally lost
Posts: 554
Nah, I'm willing to bet they both live. The Exile needs to stick around to help Revan rebuild the Jedi Order.


My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #22
Sith_Lord_Alzar
Rookie
 
Sith_Lord_Alzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28
yea i like clones idea they both live
Sith_Lord_Alzar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
Darth Xenus
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 74
I would like it if they lived or died by your actions.

Also, to person who said Kreia betrays you:

She doesn't. When does she ever tell you that she isn't the Dark Lord (Lady?) Of The Sith? When does she ever tell you that she is going to help you save (or kill) the galaxy? She doesn't lie to you or betray you, you just like to think that she does because it helps to make her appear more evil, all she ever intended was the end of the Force, and the Exile just happened to be the way that she could bring it about.


"Good and evil are but points of view. Many would call me evil for the things I have done, but to myself and to my followers, I am the saviour of the galaxy. I have not shirked from my duty because it is unpleasant or because others will disapprove. I regret the deaths I have caused on this path, but they were necessary to prevent far greater evil. So, Jedi, who are you to say what I do is wrong?"

-Darth Xenus, Emperor of the Sith
Darth Xenus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #24
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Well, I think both Revan and Exile should "exist" in kotor3 in the sense that they have an impact on the world and events your character would see and interact with.

BUT your character should not ever fight, or maybe even, interact with, Revan or Exile.

It might be better if their stories are heard of from those around you and those you talked to, like "oh, that Revan dude cleanse the valley of those angry gizkas!" or "that Exile dude once lead the people against the darkside Ewok slavers!"

This would make them more legandary.

Remember that both Revan and Exile would be at least Epic level if not beyond and it would be unreasonable if you would have to fight them.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 12:55 AM   #25
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Well, I think both Revan and Exile should "exist" in kotor3 in the sense that they have an impact on the world and events your character would see and interact with.

BUT your character should not ever fight, or maybe even, interact with, Revan or Exile.

It might be better if their stories are heard of from those around you and those you talked to, like "oh, that Revan dude cleanse the valley of those angry gizkas!" or "that Exile dude once lead the people against the darkside Ewok slavers!"

This would make them more legandary.
Q.F.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
Revan should definitely live and if it was up to me, he'd be the character you play as in KoTOR 3.
Sorry igyman, but I, for one, am glad it isn't up to you.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #26
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.
 
Darth InSidious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Eleven-Day Empire
Posts: 5,775
Current Game: KotOR II
I agree with stoffe and Jae.

Kreia manipulated the Exile for her own purposes. Nothing more, nothing less.



Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 01:19 PM   #27
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,412
Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Sorry igyman, but I, for one, am glad it isn't up to you.
I think we've already established that, I'm just being consistent - hope dies last.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #28
Point Man
Seeker of Truth
 
Point Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The People's Palace
Posts: 612
What did I work so hard for if my characters are going to just die before the next installment?


Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #29
Soogz
Forumite
 
Soogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 506
Current Game: Fifa 09
I too think that the Exile must die. But here is the catch, I think he/she should be killed by Revan. Just something to work around with there.


Soogz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #30
Henz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 362
To put it simply: Exile has to be out of the equasion. There are too many variables from TSL for him/her to reappear in KOTOR III. Maybe you find remains, or hear stories, but that's all I think.

Revan is different because of the robes, but chances are you won't come face to face with him/her either.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #31
Lord Foley
Junior Member
 
Lord Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
As for the bond, you only have Kreia's word that one really exists, and she hardly has a track record of telling the truth all the time. Kreia tells you what you need to hear to do as she wants. Notice how you only ever notice the bond when she wishes it? And the end, when she wants you to fight and kill her you don't fold over in pain every time you hit her, and you don't die yourself when she dies.
...Her word and the fact that it exists. In case you forgot, you have the Force Chain feat. And she shields you from death (Yes, if you actually talk to her, god forbid, she explains why you don't feel pain when she is hit) because she loves you. Not loves you romantically, but loves you because she had finally trained someone powerful enough to defeat her, someone who had not failed, like the pathetic Nihilus and Sion. Because you had survived without the Force, beaten it. And you do manipulate others, because they turn with you. And if these bonds you claim don't exist didn't, why did you lose connection to the Force? When everyone you were linked to at Malachor died, you either had to die with them, or cut yourself off entirely.

And you claim that Kreia is a liar? When did she lie? Kreia did nothing but train you, and then, once your training was complete, she left you alone, with the final test of killing her. She never told you she was a Sith because she wasn't one. She only took up the role because Atris could not. I believe that Kreia, despite everyone being biased against the Sith, did nothing but tell you truth throughout that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz
To put it simply: Exile has to be out of the equasion. There are too many variables from TSL for him/her to reappear in KOTOR III. Maybe you find remains, or hear stories, but that's all I think.

Revan is different because of the robes, but chances are you won't come face to face with him/her either.
I think you will face both of them. No matter how it either of the games end, things could always change over time, and no matter what path you choose, I never believe the exile to be of the light or dark, but of neutrality, like Kreia.


"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-19-2006 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #32
Revan13251
Rookie
 
Revan13251's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12
i think niether character should be seen in kotor 3. i'd rather just forget that the exile existed because of how poorly the game ended. i also think that revan could have no significance because in tsl revan is said to have left to fight in the unexplored territories. If he were involved the game wouldn't "knights of the old REPUBLIC"
Revan13251 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #33
zinervadonella
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 30
They both have to live. One of them has to rebuild the Jedi Order - probably the Exile. And Revan has to grind the galaxy under the heel of her boot. Both should play a role in KOTOR III, but it should be minor so as to be conductive to some form of query system like KOTOR II. Force me to have a LS Revan and you've lost me before the game even starts.
zinervadonella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #34
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
I for one feel that the Exile must survive, since Vrook and his minions had no idea what they were talking about and were panicing/acting out of fear of the unknown. They were rationalizing and making ill-informed decisions from the scant and faulty information they had at hand about the threat. They knew significantly less about what was going on than the Exile & friends did.

In my opinion Malachor and Nihilus was the wound, and the Exile was the cure. The flip-sides of a coin.

I'd rather have Revan survive as well. Games that end with main characters dying are highly anticlimactic and leave a sour taste in my mouth. Such a game has to be truly fantastic for me to play it more than once. I'd rather be able to play KotOR3, if it is made, more than once.
Ah. You made an interesting comment. Do you think that maybe the Exile was cured as well, and he/she was restored to normal after what Nihilus tried to do to him/her? Instead of being just an echo, because it was necessary at the time, the Exile's damage was patched after confronting Nihilus? Or, was the Exile restored to normal after Kreia's death?

Self-Sacrifice is a form of giving ones self up for the greater good. Death can be a noble and honorable one. If you played the game out lightside, Exile gave him/her self up to the judgement of the council. If KotOR III mentions that the Exile died to protect Revan, does anyone think that his/her death will be a great and noble one?

Last edited by MacLeodCorp; 07-02-2006 at 01:56 PM.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #35
Henz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley
I think you will face both of them. No matter how it either of the games end, things could always change over time, and no matter what path you choose, I never believe the exile to be of the light or dark, but of neutrality, like Kreia.
There is no logical way to face the Exile. His/her appearance would contradict the choices the player could make in the previous game. I think the most you'll see physically in KOTOR 3 would be a rotted corpse.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #36
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
I think that Revan should live, but in a non-canon ending be able to sacrifice him/herself so the player can suceed. The Exile should be able to do the same thing, but not both.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #37
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Imagine this scene:

The PC, Revan, and Exile walk into a massive Sith hall. Within the hall are three other individuals, who are the unknown species. Revan and Exile are runned by the NPC. In a cut scene, straight from the movies, Revan and Exile get wounded by clashing with the three newbies. You walk up to your injured colleuges, nod in acknowleging what needs to be done, and you clash sabber to sabber with the new threat. The Exile notices a sneaky move, and intercepts one of their blades. You spin around, and finish the new threat off one by one.

That would be cool.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #38
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan
 
Lantzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,156
I would like Revan to die, could be a sacrifce, or it could be that you see him/her get defeated by the True sith end boss, then you in some way escape and at the end of the game you meet that boss. Then you see how big this threat is. The Exile i dont know what to do with, they can't just mask him/her, that would just be a lame excuse to not show the face of the Exile.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #39
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
i voted all 4 of the choices. that way, im going to be right about something...


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #40
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'd like them both to live. Revan and the Exile have very interesting backgrounds, and to have one them die would make KotOR or TSL feel absolete, and would not make me want to replay it as much. I doubt LA will try to have either character killed off, because it would cause outrage among fans, and would make less people buy KotOR or TSL.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.