lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?
Reven: Will die in KotOR 3. 27 32.53%
Revan: Will live in KotOR 3. 55 66.27%
Exile: Will die in KotOR 3. 35 42.17%
Exile: Will live in KotOR 3. 34 40.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #41
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
I can see a valid reason behind all 4 options above. As long as each option has a decent story behind it as that is the focus of the Kotor games. You can't up and kill the main characters from the previous 2 games without a good story but you don't need to give them major roles either. They don't need to be involved in anything your PC does beyond possibly being tied to his main quest in some way.

In another thread I was thinking that it would be great to start as a fresh padawan. However I had an even better idea after reading this thread. Say Revan and Exile joined up after K2. They are in the Unknown regions and redeem a young person from the true sith and send him back to warn of the impeding invasion to come. This young person receives an injury and has to rely upon the droids to help him find all of Revan and Exiles former companions to help motivate the Republic.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #42
Sir Palamides
Rookie

Revan is my favourite char, but he must die, that would be a great story...

Visas: "A war? This war?"
Mandalore: "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. Revan went off to fight it..."
Sir Palamides is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #43
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkender
In another thread I was thinking that it would be great to start as a fresh padawan. However I had an even better idea after reading this thread. Say Revan and Exile joined up after K2. They are in the Unknown regions and redeem a young person from the true sith and send him back to warn of the impeding invasion to come. This young person receives an injury and has to rely upon the droids to help him find all of Revan and Exiles former companions to help motivate the Republic.
That is a logical way to bring everyone back for a KotOR III. I like that idea.

I thought about this the other day. How about a completely new padawan who has no ties to anyone of the KotOR I & II characters. At some point, he/she was abandoned by his/her master on the other side of the galaxy. Days latter, he/she heads to Dantooine in order to collect information and equipment. (This will be the opener.) Once equiped (After completing some sidequests for retraining), the Ebon Hawk arrives with only T3-M4. T3-M4 races to the council chambers, and gives the new Jedi Masters a small incomplete story of what has been going on. After the Council calls upon you for help, you travel into the unknown regions with T3.

This way, Dantooine makes it into the game, and it serves as a base of origin. All the other planets that are in the game have never been seen before. They might be: Kuat Drive Yards, Yavin IV (The Surface: The New Sith Academy), Onderon, and/or Couracant.

Along the way, you bump into missfits. Han Solo & Lando (Character Types), Mara Jade (Character Type), and another helpless padawan. They should limit the number of people who are Jedi/Sith. It would be nice to have a renagade Sith Assassin turned rouge on your team (Male-Female). You need at least one helpless Jedi who you might be able to help. (Weaker than Visas.)

As you travel through the unknown regions, you stitch together this epic story. The revelation has to be one that no one saw coming. Revan and Exile are heard about through NPC dialouge, but not to an excessive legnth. Towards the end of the game Revan shows up, and is either a Sith or Jedi.

(You can fill in the blanks)

Last edited by MacLeodCorp; 07-04-2006 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Grammar Spelling
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #44
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
Imagine this scene:

The PC, Revan, and Exile walk into a massive Sith hall. Within the hall are three other individuals, who are the unknown species. Revan and Exile are runned by the NPC. In a cut scene, straight from the movies, Revan and Exile get wounded by clashing with the three newbies. You walk up to your injured colleuges, nod in acknowleging what needs to be done, and you clash sabber to sabber with the new threat. The Exile notices a sneaky move, and intercepts one of their blades. You spin around, and finish the new threat off one by one.

That would be cool.
But... but... but there's no way of showing the Exile without contradicting the choices from TSL.

The more I think about it, the more I think with the Exile they'll just have a little nod to him like they did with Jolee in TSL. Like an "Exile Robe" or somthing.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #45
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

well i think reven will still live least till kotor 6 that i heard they might possibley be making and canderous will be still around come kotor 6 but its just a little thing i heard

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 06:24 AM   #46
pokejedi123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arátoeldar
I'll fourth it.

Motion carried.

I'll fifth it.

pokejedi123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 07:55 AM   #47
Linky Triforce

Personally, I'd rather have the player as a new Jedi and then go to discover where the Exile and Revan is, only to find out that they have both been killed and you'd then have to discover by what and why leading you to whatever was out there beyond Korriban...my guess would be Chiss...just me anyways heh
Linky Triforce is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #48
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I think they should both die. Then we don't have to play as either of them.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #49
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
The only flaw I see with your proposal Mac is the inclusion of Dantooine as a primary location. If you consider Dantooine's history it was fated to have the academy there destroyed. Following it's destruction most of the academy becomes overgrown and the native culture pretty much re-establishes there home there. Of course the native culture is a primative based society. I suppose they could begin to try to re-establish a foothold there but I'm thinking the reason they kept Dantooine's academy trashed by the time of Kotor2 is because of the eventual decline that happens to the colony there.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #50
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I see what you mean. Otherwords, the social construct was so desimated by Malek's initial attack. Since life on Dantooine degressed, the Jedi may have thought it was illogical to establish a new foothold. There would be no advantage to re-establish the enclave.

If KotOR III takes place ten years after Exile's leave, I think they could make it work. I can see how it would not make sence if KotOR III was five years after Exile. Good point.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #51
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Question

Quote:
But... but... but there's no way of showing the Exile without contradicting the choices from TSL.
It wouldn't break my heart to see the Exile canonically turn out different from how he was when I played him, and I don't see why people are so against seeing him/her in KOTOR 3.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #52
T.Nova
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I agree, solves all problems.

My Fan Fiction - Davik Kang : Rise to Power
T.Nova is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #53
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Well, I don't. It solves nothing. The point of KoTOR 3 must be to finaly learn what happened to Revan. I don't think the storymakers would simply kill him off like you two are suggesting, he's just too important a character to suddenly get killed and only briefly mentioned.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #54
T.Nova
Rookie

None of us really have any sort of idea on what the plot is in K3. Other than that Kreia pretty much tells you where Revan goes, and probably what Revan went to do. I would prefer if Revan's fate remain unknown, if you need closure I would prefer if Revan were found dead probably trying to find a weakness to whatever enemies lurk in the UR. I don't think we need anything to do with Revan other than what he/she might have found out during the time spent in the UR, no need for a return or anything.

What makes me curious is after reading up on some things T3 was supposed to return to the known galaxy if something happened to Revan, the secrets probably lay with that dang droid for the most part.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #55
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
It wouldn't break my heart to see the Exile canonically turn out different from how he was when I played him, and I don't see why people are so against seeing him/her in KOTOR 3.
It may not break hearts but it sure would break rules. The dev's worked hard so as to not contradict themselves to much in TSL, I highly doubt they'd just give up now. Also why do such a thing when he/she ISN'T NEEDED?

I agree with Prime.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #56
Vandrak
Rookie

Revan Should Live and be a NPC who gives you a mission at the beginning of the game to help him/her in the unknown regions, however he/she shouldn’t join your party until the later part of the game.

As for the Exile, he/she should not appear, and should be left at that
Vandrak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #57
Clone L68362
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderous_ordo1
well i think reven will still live least till kotor 6 that i heard they might possibley be making and canderous will be still around come kotor 6 but its just a little thing i heard
Oh. Now I get it. This guy is a joke account. Not a single post of his can be taken seriously.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #58
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Absolutely!

We can pick up Revan's cool robes from Revan's corpse, along with some clue as to how to defeat the main baddies, same with the Exile, yeah...

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #59
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
^^^
That way we can start very fresh. Nice!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #60
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Absolutely!

We can pick up Revan's cool robes from Revan's corpse, along with some clue as to how to defeat the main baddies, same with the Exile, yeah...
Ooooooooooooo, how original.
Fresh, yeah right.

My point - if the devs decide to put a new character we won't be playing (obviously) as either of the previous two, we don't need the previous two characters (well, I could live with the death of the Exile ) killed for that.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #61
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
The point of KoTOR 3 must be to finaly learn what happened to Revan.
Why must it?

Old 07-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #62
kotorfan84
Rookie

I believe that the exile will either die or realize he is a wound in the force and have the force removed from him, by Revan or someone else. Revan on the other hand could possibly die in kotor 3 (way later, because Revan is too important to the kotor series. Even if he isn't the playable character, which would make the most sense, he'll have to be envolved someone in the main plot.)
kotorfan84 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #63
kotorfan84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz

The more I think about it, the more I think with the Exile they'll just have a little nod to him like they did with Jolee in TSL. Like an "Exile Robe" or somthing.
But Jolee wasn't the main character, so it's easy to just mention him. I think when/if they make kotor 3, both Revan and the exile will have cannon light side endings.
kotorfan84 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #64
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Angry He's needed for the FREAKIN STORY!

Quote:
It may not break hearts but it sure would break rules.
What rules?

Quote:
We don't need them dead to prevent us from playing as them.

Quote:
Why must it?
Revan is needed to wrap up the story because it ultimately revolves around him and his actions. The Exile isn't needed anywhere, and neither of them should be in the player's party.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 07-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #65
Lightside Revan
Rookie

I would hate the game if Revan had to die. That would be the dead of the game. It is quite unrealistic that he/ she would die as Revan was the most powerfull Jedi of that time. Maybe s/he will become an immortal ghost (like Ben and yoda). But once again, Revan has to stay alive! The same is valid for the Exile. Both are important for the fate of the galaxy. But Revan is the most important character of the whole game as s/he is designing the furture of the galaxy and that of the Sith and Jedi.

Sorry, but I hate bad endings in which the hero dies. Would never play it again.
Lightside Revan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #66
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Why must it?
Well what's the point of the big mystery of TSL, if not to introduce the final chapter of Revan's story? You can't seriously think that the devs will introduce a new story just like that and just quickly mention Revan's fate at the beginning of the game.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #67
T.Nova
Rookie

What story? Revan's story is over, it ended with KOTOR 1. If Kreia never told you Revan probably went to the unknown reigons, what other excuse would you guys find in order to bring Revan back?

Revan is really not that important at this point.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #68
igyman
Tension!

Kreia wasn't the only one, there's T3 with his holorecordings (or Bastila's message on the Sith holocron in the Koriban academy, if you choose DS K1 ending), HK-47 with an inexplicable memory loss and the Ebon Hawk's mysterious reappearance in the game. And since they expanded Revan's story in TSL, that means it's not yet over.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #69
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Erm?? WTF?
I didn't spend 30+ hours(multiple times) on each game to come across my character's bodies in the (presumably) last installment. This would cheapen my experience with the games.

Do we have to play as Revan/The Exile? No, it would not work in this type of game. No more amnesia or loss of power. It should be a raw recruit who is honing his power.
Do we need to interact or recruit them? No, this would not be necessary and might be hard to implement story-wise given all the different variables from the first two games.

What we should have is a new character who story arc intersects with what has been established from the previous games and then continues on with Revan/The Exile’s path.

We should learn of Revan/ The Exile’s fate through a cut scene/movie as told by a third party that witnessed the events. One that would be a party member mentor type. Or an ally to your cause that gives you your main quest.

To comes across a datapad that says “They got pwned by some super baddie.” Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

My 2.5 cents.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #70
T.Nova
Rookie

Even with your arguement though, theres no point in keeping Revan or the Exile alive. A good writer can easily come up with a great storyline surrounding the mysteries of the UR, Revan & the Exile's fate without keeping them alive. Not to say they didn't do anything important, but they're not needed alive to give you some sort of quest or come along your party as a companion. I would have it so that perhaps both characters leave a large amount of "clues" that your character has to follow throughout the story.

Old 07-06-2006, 04:12 AM   #71
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
i think revan made the kotor series. not literally made it, but his/her storyline was epic, therefore resulting in such a great game. It would be a shame to see that oppurtunity to finish his/her story off for good.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 06:54 AM   #72
reven0123
Rookie

i want them both to live and darth sion why do you hate reven so much as he could wipe the floor with you because all you know is pain power and suffering and nothing of teaching,learning and strength as it is some times harder to turn away from power than to give in to it that is strength not youre petty dark side power, the dark side may be more seductive and easier to learn but it is not more powerfull than the light
so there.
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #73
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
stop. breathe. that was a rant and a half you had going there.

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #74
Jediphile
Persona non grata

They should live in the game. They could possibly be killed during the plot, but I'd hate it if either of them is casually killed off in the background - they both have far too much story potential for that.

Actually, I think they'll both be villains in K3, but that's just my own theory...

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #75
reven0123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_tyrant
stop. breathe. that was a rant and a half you had going there.
ok will do and i notice sion hasnt replied back to what i have said.
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #76
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
We don't need them dead to prevent us from playing as them.
True enough, but it would sure put an end to the "we should play as Revan" talk.

Quote:
Revan is needed to wrap up the story because it ultimately revolves around him and his actions. The Exile isn't needed anywhere, and neither of them should be in the player's party.
How does TSL really revolve around Revan? You don't need to have played KOTOR to fully enjoy and understand TSL, as it isn't really a part of the main plot. The player can skip all the Revan stuff and not miss anything. Yes, Revan affected the state of the galaxy, but most of his involvement in TSL is as a throwin for players of KOTOR.

Quote:
Well what's the point of the big mystery of TSL, if not to introduce the final chapter of Revan's story?
What big mystery of TSL? TSL is about the Exile, and to a large extent his story has been told. Most of the parts regarding Revan can be skipped or not encountered by players at all.

Quote:
You can't seriously think that the devs will introduce a new story just like that and just quickly mention Revan's fate at the beginning of the game.
That is exactly what I think they might do (at least info regarding Revan, if not his final destiny). They pretty much did that with TSL, and I would think they will do the same with K3.

I highly doubt that the player will control Revan or the Exile again, for all the reasons that have been discussed around here before. That means that there will be a new character, and players are going to want the story to revolve around the player's character. Most players, especially those who have not played K1 or 2, are not going to really care about what happened to Revan. Especially not at the expense of their current character. The developers want to make the game as excessible as possible. That means they aren't going to have the players control one character and then have the story revolve entirely around another character.

Heck, if they were going to do that, they would have done so in TSL. They didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Nova
What story? Revan's story is over, it ended with KOTOR 1. If Kreia never told you Revan probably went to the unknown reigons, what other excuse would you guys find in order to bring Revan back?
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Nova
Revan is really not that important at this point.
Exactly. His actions may have reprocussions for the story in future games, but it is very unlikely that he will be the focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reven0123
the dark side may be more seductive and easier to learn but it is not more powerfull than the light
Actually, it has been confirmed that the dark side is more powerful.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #77
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
What big mystery of TSL? TSL is about the Exile, and to a large extent his story has been told. Most of the parts regarding Revan can be skipped or not encountered by players at all.
Revan's story and its continuation was mentioned during the entire TSL game, not just in that first conversation with Atton, there was Canderous (Mandalore), Carth and Bastila and their holorecordings and, ofcourse, Kreia.

Old 07-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #78
T.Nova
Rookie

As Prime said though, Revan was not the main focus. Of course Revan's actions in recent history may have a large impact on the current plot, characters etc. but the main story in TSL is about the Exile being a "wound in the force". It was never a grand search for Revan or anything like that. Like K1, TSL foucsed on your character, both Revan and the Exile made actions that will probably effect the next sequel, but they're not important anymore.

Not only that but K1 and K2 made it so that "you" defined those characters, if you suddenly put a face, voice and alignment on them what would the point K1 and K2 have been? They would have never given you the option to customize your character, the game would have been 100% linear from the get-go. Although you may not find it hard to accept, theres already a load of people complaining about canon LS and DS endings.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #79
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Revan's actions in recent history may have a large impact on the current plot, characters etc
That's exactly the POINT.

Quote:
Not only that but K1 and K2 made it so that "you" defined those characters
That's just a user option, not Star Wars canon.

Quote:
, if you suddenly put a face, voice and alignment on them what would the point K1 and K2 have been?
Your question is not specific enough.

Quote:
They would have never given you the option to customize your character, the game would have been 100% linear from the get-go.
Like I said before, the choices of gender, alignment, ect are just user options.

Quote:
Although you may not find it hard to accept, theres already a load of people complaining about canon LS and DS endings.
That's too bad for them, because not only would it be incredibly stupid to not have a canon ending, but also they won't get their idiotic wish.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #80
T.Nova
Rookie

Quote:
That's exactly the POINT.
What point? By that all I meant was a simple "What did Revan do in the Jedi Civil War?" type of question like Atton asks you in K2.

Quote:
That's just a user option, not Star Wars canon.
I don't think KOTOR was really meant to be truly canon. As said, the devs would have put a face, voice etc. on your character from the start. You as a player would have little control over the characters dialogue and such because everything would pretty much be linear. They didn't do this in K1 nor K2, no point in suddenly giving Revan a permenant personality.

Quote:
Your question is not specific enough.
The question is exactly what it is, though the statement above can apply to that.

Quote:
Like I said before, the choices of gender, alignment, ect are just user options.
Then what would be the point? The same statement above applies here as well

Quote:
That's too bad for them, because not only would it be incredibly stupid to not have a canon ending, but also they won't get their idiotic wish.
I don't really care about a LS & DS ending being canon myself, but from a dev's standpoint why would you anger that audience further by "canonizing" every single detail about the first games.

KOTOR was a game of your own unique experience, otherwise why doesn't the Jedi Exile have an actual name? For the most part if you were never told that you were Revan and the character you played in the first KOTOR was an ordinary soldier,Jedi, Sith who just happened to save the galaxy, would you feel as strongly about bringing back that character?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)