lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?
Reven: Will die in KotOR 3. 27 32.53%
Revan: Will live in KotOR 3. 55 66.27%
Exile: Will die in KotOR 3. 35 42.17%
Exile: Will live in KotOR 3. 34 40.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 PM   #81
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
Revan's story and its continuation was mentioned during the entire TSL game, not just in that first conversation with Atton, there was Canderous (Mandalore), Carth and Bastila and their holorecordings and, ofcourse, Kreia.
Which is my point. Pretty much all of those are events that may or may not be encountered by the player. They have little to no effect on the main plot of the game. The main events of the story in no way hinge on any information regarding Revan.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #82
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
That's just a user option, not Star Wars canon.
KotoR is EU not canon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Nova
As said, the devs would have put a face, voice etc. on your character from the start. You as a player would have little control over the characters dialogue and such because everything would pretty much be linear. They didn't do this in K1 nor K2, no point in suddenly giving Revan a permenant personality.
Word.

@ Listen to Prime, you all should. Wisdom he posts!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2006, 02:36 AM   #83
Clone L68362
Forumite

I think you guys are just tired of all the Revan love.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #84
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Thumbs down

Quote:
KotoR is EU not canon
EU IS canon unless contradicted by the movies.

But I grow weary of this. I've stated my point (the correct point) multiple times and you ignore it. Perhaps time will let the truth sink in when common sense will not.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #85
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
EU IS canon unless contradicted by the movies.
Indeed it is. Just as much as any novel or other game.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #86
Delta_Folee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
I for one feel that the Exile must die, for he created a wound in the force, and that may be the only way to set things right, but Revan has a far greater destiny.
I completely agree.

"Just get us inside without killing the squad."
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

CLICK HERE IF YOU LIKE KOTOR
Delta_Folee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #87
LordJerec
Rookie

I think that the Exile must die in a sequal because there's no point in her/him living... she or he doesn't have nothing to do because first of you can play as Mira in TSL, she can kill Hanharr if you're on the light side, but hanharr can also kill her if you'll be on the darkside... others then that I simply agree with -->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
I for one feel that the Exile must die, for he created a wound in the force, and that may be the only way to set things right, but Revan has a far greater destiny.
LordJerec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #88
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
I believe (though no one may care) that no one will play as either, I feel that that there will be yet! another character, a darker more shaded character more hidden in what his or her destiny will be whether light or dark, they will progress almost hidden to who or what they are or what they will become. They will be more mysterious in who they are than the revealing of Revan in the first game or the progression of where Revan went in the second game. And they will not be slowly hinted out, what their destiny is, as the Exile was. Though this is all theory and conjecture I could be wrong Revan could reappear and the Exile could too.
Though now that I think about it they probably will reappear, maybe to be in the story line as the saviors no matter what side they were on. Because though Kreia manipulated and lied, she was very wise (comes with age) she knew that light or darkness didn't matter, that the true battle would be brought to the Republic in time. The true sith would come and they would destroy the Republic that is what Revan was doing, preparing the Republic to fight the true sith, and Revan being the ever contious planner knew that he would need a wound in the Force. He knew he would need to have someone who was able to walk away and not die by doing so, (like Kreia said, she said that no one ever seperated so much that it created a wound in the Force because the Exile severed the the ties to the Force so willingly, and he lived) he saw the need of someone who could let go of the Force and grow strong because of it. He knew (as Kreia said yet again) that the battle will not be with metal and machines.
Revan saw to it that the old corrupt jedi order would be destroyed through Malachor and his war (Jedi Civil War) and reborn with more truths in it than the old, through, the lost jedi (another wise saying of Kreia, you know for a manipulative witch she sure is truthful when it comes to the end of the galaxy) which were the Exiles companions. He also saw other deaths through other wounds in the Force that would come through Malachor (Nihilus, Sith Assassins) but knew they would be healed and destroyed through the Exile, he say that through the Exile destroying those wounds he would follow him to fight the true sith.
In the end though the third game will most likely be about the true siths coming, and about how the new order of jedi and the Republic which Revan strenthened through the destruction of the order so that they would be able to stand and fight on their own. And in all this he knew that the Exile was the catalyst to make sure all this happened. So both Revan and the Exile will come back though not through the way you might expect it. There, in most likelyhood will be no duels between the Revan and the Exile or their deaths (unless they die for some noble cause against the true sith) they will come back and live. As I said there will most likely be a new main character and a combo of new and old characters (like Bastilla, Carth, Hk-47, Atton, the Handmaiden). Revan and the Exile will most likely come in near the end of the game and help battle the true sith and be in a lotta cool cinematics fighting true sith and helping in some huge way at the last battle.
Though I may be totally wrong, I haven't seen any press releases or previews for KOTOR III.Yet but with all the hipe in the end of the second game about true sith and where Revan went where exactly the Exile went in following him, what happened to all of their companions, what happens to the Republic, and many more unanswered questions, it hints alot to what might be in the next game, ALOT! Please have an opinion to what I've said, I really can't think of much more to say I'm getting tired and my hand is cramping. I want some input on this next KOTOR game (if it's even coming out) I need to know about any info/previews I want to know what the next ones about or even when it's predicted to come out. Thank You for reading. My Brains fried so, yeah. :-(

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)