lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR 2.5
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-20-2006, 04:13 AM   #1
tbl1
Rookie

KOTOR 2.5

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, LA/Obsidian could release KOTOR 2.5 (before #3) which is KOTOR but with all the cut content and an extended and more definite ending. It could be an expansion pack or a full game.

Last edited by tbl1; 06-20-2006 at 04:22 AM. Reason: added (before #3)
tbl1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 04:21 AM   #2
Kurtsoft
Lurker

I dunno. I would rather have them working on kotor 3 ,but if they dont have to do too much work, K 2.5 would be cool ^_^

"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."
-Wash
'The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed'
-The Gunslinger
"Go then, there are other worlds than these."
- Jake Chambers
Kurtsoft is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 06:06 AM   #3
mimic666
Rookie

I'd be a good idea to have K1 & 2 expansion packs for PC, but that would leave XBOX gamers "holding the bag" so to speak. I'd like to see this happen before K3, hopefully word will get through and this will be a full game if this gets created.
mimic666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 06:14 AM   #4
FiEND_138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsoft
I would rather have them working on kotor 3
What ^ said. I can wait for team gizka to finish the restor project anyway.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 AM   #5
reven0123
Rookie

id like to see this happen they did it with fable the lost chapters and the game did quite well and they are now working on fable 2 (heres the link to watch the trailer http://www.fable2.com/) also they could use this to see what they want to keep for kotor3.
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 07:29 AM   #6
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Obsidian doesn't need to release a completed game. Team Gizka is doing it for them.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #7
tbl1
Rookie

But if Obsidian do it, it will be official. But the TSLRP would be good enough.
tbl1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Besides which, they wouldn't. LA wouldn't allow it. You can't force people to pay for a patch...

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #9
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by reven0123
id like to see this happen they did it with fable the lost chapters.
I honestly do hope this won't become a common practice in the industry... "Lets release an unfinished game and then we finish the game and release it again...people are dumb enough to buy the game twice".

I'm all for new and original content like the nwn or Morrowind expansion packs but I say no to new releases that just "patch" the existing story.

They should rather put the time and ressources in making a good game than releasing a "patched game" + another rushed game.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2006, 01:55 AM   #10
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
I honestly do hope this won't become a common practice in the industry... "Lets release an unfinished game and then we finish the game and release it again...people are dumb enough to buy the game twice".

I'm all for new and original content like the nwn or Morrowind expansion packs but I say no to new releases that just "patch" the existing story.

They should rather put the time and ressources in making a good game than releasing a "patched game" + another rushed game.
Quoted for emphasis!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2006, 07:06 AM   #11
reven0123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333

i see what you mean but fable tlc was very cheap to buy i only paid 12 pounds for it and i think there was enough new content to warrant buying it
and also i hate expansion packs because of you dont own a pc and own a console version of a pc game how are you susposed to play a game with the extras? not every one can afford to go live or online with thier consoles.
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #12
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Expansion is a hole diffrent thing, its add things after the story is over, i could pay for that. But i wouldent pay them for restoring the thing they rushed. Fable continue the game after you have defeat Jack, "Kotor 2.5" would just add things that should have been there from the begining
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #13
hormoz111
Rookie

is this true? were have heard it if it is
hormoz111 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR 2.5