lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Return of the NPCs
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
Davinq
I wear a fez now
 
Davinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 2,442
Current Game: Portal
Return of the NPCs

In a moment of random curiousity, I wonder if any NPCs (major and minor) will return for K3, from Atris to Captain Grenn to that Asian Salesman at the Onderon Marketplace. Your thoughts?

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,407
Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
If you mean non-party members, then I'm not really sure. Atris, not likely, those less important characters - very unlikely, but who knows.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable
 
Arátoeldar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Karningul
Posts: 1,574
If they do then I want them to be non party NPCs.


Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Ztalker
Saving the world casually
 
Ztalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Normandy SR-2
Posts: 2,780
Forum Veteran 
Indeed..

The player 'finished' their story in K1 and 2.
They should anly make impressive cameo's. That way, new characters (or old ones that didn't get a chance, like Dustil) can make their apearance in your party, while you'll still keep a link to K1 and K2.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 05:42 AM   #5
HQ|Delta 07
Rookie
 
HQ|Delta 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 70
We'll some (former) party members should return. Like bastila and Carth. And I'd like to know what happened to Jolee and Juhani. I don't think that they choose the dark side ending. And imo Jolee and Juhani are too smart to get tracked down by Nihilius or Sion. So where the hell are they?

Also what happened to Mission and zaalbar?

If there's a connection between the exile and Revan, some K2 members should appear. Mira, Visas, Atton, probably Mandlore aka Canderous, maybe Atris.

T3 and HK - 47 should return. I like them(meatbag).

I don't think that the handmaiden or the disciple return, since it depends on your gender who joins your party.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lineker
Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.
HQ|Delta 07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 06:04 AM   #6
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,407
Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
In that case neither should Mira, or Hanharr. They depend on your alignment.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #7
T.Nova
Rookie
 
T.Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CT, United States
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by HQ|Delta 07
I don't think that the handmaiden or the disciple return, since it depends on your gender who joins your party.
I disagree.. I think because you don't get to see the Disciple or Handmaiden because your not a certain gender should be a reason too see them at least make a cameo appearence. They do exist in game regardless of your gender, the only thing that they only join your party dependent on your gender.

For the most part I think all of the other characters will make cameo appearences. Such as Carth, Canderous, and many other NPCs from K1 and K2. I think the droids are probably going to stick around in your party for a while, though I hope K3 makes them a bit more useful.

Other than party members though I would like to see Darth Bandon return from the dead to be your arch enemy or something. He didn't really have much of a compelling character in K1 so it was a bit dissapointing to kill him. Perhaps good ole Gadon Thek survived the sith bombardment of Taris. I thought Gadon Thek was a good character, at least had a good voice actor and all. Perhaps Suvam Tan can be found in his lonely workshop at Yavin Station building custom items once more.


My Fan Fiction - Davik Kang : Rise to Power
T.Nova is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
Henz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 362
I've been thinking on this, and Bastilla and Carth should definately be in it.

Bastilla becomes the trainer of your PC in this story and the source of your Revan establishment. You can talk to her about Revan, slipping in options that determine gender and force alignment. With influence and stuff, she spills the beans regarding her fall to the dark side; her love for him/respect for her; and how how he/she turned her back to light/sacraficed her for good. [slip in some bull on how she survived the destruction and all that and was rehabilitated.]

Could be a way to explain Revan, and include an old character, who has aged and has some story to tell. Also handle's the plot hole on how she's light and alive in TSL.

I hate contradiction VERY much so I'd say other than those 2 [who have already returned] it would be best to avoid other characters.

WAIT... T3 and HK will be there too.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,407
Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Just thought of another interesting character from K1 that I'd like to see in K3 - that Iridorian Mercenary from Manaan, he seemed like an interesting species, it may even be nice to have him, or another Iridorian mercenary in your party.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
Davinq
I wear a fez now
 
Davinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 2,442
Current Game: Portal
Oh yeah, was he the guy in the yellow envirosuit in the cantina place thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Nova
Other than party members though I would like to see Darth Bandon return from the dead to be your arch enemy or something.
Yes, I want Darth Bandon Back! He was hella tight!
Maybe we'll have an Atton/Twilek twins thing going on (next time, strike to kill), or something.


Last edited by RedHawke; 08-16-2006 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #11
Phantom Joker
Rookie
 
Phantom Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Qel-Droma
In a moment of random curiousity, I wonder if any NPCs (major and minor) will return for K3, from Atris to Captain Grenn to that Asian Salesman at the Onderon Marketplace. Your thoughts?
Major plot line NPC? Probably not. Minor character? An absolute possibility of a definite maybe...


Missing: One warship with full complement. If found please contact W. Bligh.
Phantom Joker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #12
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
Some characters should definetly return, such as HK and T3 (however I don't really care that much about T3, but I tink he's HK's counterpart). Aside from that, I would like to see Bastila and Canderous. I forgot if the women Revans couls kill Carth, but I thought they could, otherwise he could have escaped. As for Jolee, well he got himself killed and Juhani got to eat lighsaber all the way back on Dantooine. Big Z ff course killed Mission because of his lifedept (with a little help from the Force). I'm not sure about the K2 characters. Out of the 9

2 depended on gender/alignment (for a total of 4), could still be alive, at least 1 or 2 of them actually did survive
3 are from K1
Visas would be pointless since the other guy is dead, survived though
1 dies
1 I assume is dead as well (BD because of the remote)
I assume the fat one was left behind or destroyed by HK
Atton survived

Now those that survived could still have died in the crash, but they could also have survived the crash. It's just that we haven't seen them die no matter how hard we tried. Still, they could have been left behind. Regardless KOTOR wouldn't be KOTOR without HK.
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #13
Davinq
I wear a fez now
 
Davinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 2,442
Current Game: Portal
Since in the LS ending of K2 it shows the exile and/or survivors flying into (i'm assuming) the unknown regions via the ebon hawk, I would think that Jedi, your list of survivors from K2 were more than likely on the ship. Since the second game/movie in a trilogy usually has a cliffhanger ending that the third starts right off from, We may end up with those survivors on board as characters. I think this would SUCK as Atton is a whimpy LOSER.

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 03:16 AM   #14
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,407
Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Qel-Droma
Oh yeah, was he the guy in the yellow envirosuit in the cantina place thing?
Exactly. His customs sounded so bizzare, but he sounded so sophisticated. I think he would have made a very interesting character.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 04:36 AM   #15
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
I actually prefer most of the former companions in the previous games to make appearances in the game... Assuming they're alive, of course. For example, characters like Jolee or Mission should appear only if Revan is set to LS in the game. Visas should appear only if the Exile is set to LS, and Brianna only if Exile is set to LS male (since she is likely to be dead in if the Exile is female)


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #16
Davinq
I wear a fez now
 
Davinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 2,442
Current Game: Portal
See, the problem there is too much customization before the game. We (and especially new players) will think what the hell is this? I would much rather have both previous characters gone to the Dark Side, to set a more difficult stage, and play as Jedi (nothing special), who start of WiTH the force, and WiTH a LiGHTSABER! More still, I'd like the Exile to be back (play as him/her again, I like the Exile more than Revan for some reason), and fight through Sith in the Unkown Regions (insert biggest twist ever seen in KOTOR halfway through game) Then have ultimate showdown with Revan for control of the galaxy, yadda yadda yadda...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I actually prefer most of the former companions in the previous games to make appearances in the game... Assuming they're alive, of course. For example, characters like Jolee or Mission should appear only if Revan is set to LS in the game. Visas should appear only if the Exile is set to LS, and Brianna only if Exile is set to LS male (since she is likely to be dead in if the Exile is female)
Yes, I've been thinking about this, and I think it would be spiffy if we had ALL surviving characters (don't flame me yet!) to be available party members. You know how in K1 & K2 we always had some sort of base planet as well as the Ebon Hawk? Maybe we could eventually reunite with all the characters (except GOTO... MAY HE BURN!!!), and the ones you don't want to travel with you right away you drop off on the safe planet, maybe Coruscant or something.


Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 07-13-2006 at 02:17 PM. Reason: combining double-post
Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #17
HQ|Delta 07
Rookie
 
HQ|Delta 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Nova
I disagree.. I think because you don't get to see the Disciple or Handmaiden because your not a certain gender should be a reason too see them at least make a cameo appearence. They do exist in game regardless of your gender, the only thing that they only join your party dependent on your gender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
In that case neither should Mira, or Hanharr. They depend on your alignment.
D'oh. Forgot that. ok. Throw Mira and Hanharr into the digital nirvana. or give "hints" about them. Like that bracelet that you could find in K2.
Quote:
For M vao
-Z-
We'll throw em away. Nobody of Obsidian bothered with Jolee or Juhani in K2.

That leaves Mandalore, Visas, HK, T3, Carth, Bastila, Juhani, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar, Atton. Oh yeah forgot Bao-Dur. But I don't care about him.

I didn't count Go-To. imo he sucks. I never used him. -_-.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lineker
Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.
HQ|Delta 07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2006, 05:56 PM   #18
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,407
Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
What bracelet? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #19
Davinq
I wear a fez now
 
Davinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 2,442
Current Game: Portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HQ|Delta 07
We'll throw em away. Nobody of Obsidian bothered with Jolee or Juhani in K2.
uh, bindo's band?

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2006, 04:04 AM   #20
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,407
Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Oh, right, that one. But that's a headband, not a bracelet.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Return of the NPCs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.