lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can't access pcgamemods.com
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
The Sith'ari

Can't access pcgamemods.com

I don't know if it's only me who's encountering this problem, but since yesterday I've been unable to access pcgamemods.com, and the following message shows:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli]: Too many connections in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 22

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DBException' with message 'Database: ' in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/log.php(2): db->query('INSERT INTO log...') #1 /home/web/pcgm3/index.php(11): require_once('/home/web/pcgm3...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 29

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 113

I wonder what's wrong? Anyone can help?
The Sith'ari is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #2
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Yeah, Sergio must be having even more problems now, because I couldn't access it either.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 AM   #3
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
I wonder if this means pcgamemods.com has finally died after a long and slow demise.

I hope not.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 02:16 AM   #4
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I hope not either. It would be a shame if it did. I really love uploading my mods there. I just pray Sergio decides to fix his site because I'm one of many people who have enjoyed it since it opened in 2002.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
Fiestainabox

Current Game: Borderlands
Yah, I noticed that too, it was set as one of my homepages in firefox. I think its about time it got fixed, or about time everybody move to another host, I think lucasfiles is the best, but Filefront good too.

HideTheWeapons [K1][TSL]|Last Stand[K1]|Camera Angles[TSL]
Fallout: Less Useless Gifts[Nexus]|Named Wasteland[Nexus]
Fiestainabox is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Current Game: Deus Ex series
Contest winner - Modding 
Pcgm database was full for some time before i quess they are doing maintenance and are adding more space for new files.

Kainzorus Prime is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Kain
Pcgm database was full for some time before i quess they are doing maintenance and are adding more space for new files.
The message posted above is a server crash error. They may have taken it down to upgrade it however they usually throw up a dummy page to alert people to that fact. This looks more like the service provider lost the server holding pcgamemods from either an overload or from a malicious attack.

I would favor the malicious attack scenario.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #8
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
It seems the registration for the pcgamemods.com domain expires in 2 days, so I guess we'll see by then if the owner has any intention of continuing to run the site and re-register the domain, or if it will become suspended.

Since the site hasn't been maintained for more than 6 months my guess would be that it's going to disappear entirely, though I'd love to be wrong. It would be a shame if such an extensive mod library just vanished.

EDIT: The domain registry for pcgamemods.com has now been renewed at least. Remains to be seen if this means the site will return or if the owner just intends to keep the domain.

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 07-18-2006 at 07:40 AM.
stoffe is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #9
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
About two days ago, I deleted five of my mods. I hope Sergio comes back, but I can understand why he may let it go. It takes a lot of time to maintain a website. Too bad he doesn't have an account here. It was kind of him to give us a place for free storage.

Only time will tell.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #10
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
About two days ago, I deleted five of my mods. I hope Sergio comes back, but I can understand why he may let it go. It takes a lot of time to maintain a website. Too bad he doesn't have an account here. It was kind of him to give us a place for free storage.

Only time will tell.
He used to have an account here. Of course T7nowhere was involved in Kotor based administration for awhile at PCGM I don't even know if he still is.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 07-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #11
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
It seems the registration for the pcgamemods.com domain expires in 2 days, so I guess we'll see by then if the owner has any intention of continuing to run the site and re-register the domain, or if it will become suspended.

Since the site hasn't been maintained for more than 6 months my guess would be that it's going to disappear entirely, though I'd love to be wrong. It would be a shame if such an extensive mod library just vanished.
That doesn't sound good. It's one of those glad to know information, but sad to hear it at the same time.

I really hope Sergio decides to re-register the site the domain name and get it going again.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Sergio seemed like a laid-back guy. You can tell he was having fun. Maybe he will come up with something new.

Either way, I wish him well.

2004-2008
Old 07-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #13
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
I wouldn't be surprized if this was the final end of the site. I was involved in Moderating the KotOR sections up until Decmeber of 2005. Since then I have not been able to access the site, As I was effectively banned by a site glitch while I was dealing with a troll. All attempts to contact Sergio have failed and to be honest after 3 months of trying to contact him I gave up.

It's a shame that the largest library of KotOR mods may be gone, but we still have Lucasfiles.com. The convenience factor is much lower than PCGM but it's better than nothing.
T7nowhere is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #14
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
hope it's not because there so many mods in danger of being lost forever
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #15
crazylittleloca
Banned

Unhappy I WANT IT TO BE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN! :cry8:

I know I just,don't where we can get KOTOR I and KOTOR II mods! I just hope*sob*,that he can get the site up and running again! All the wonderful mods created,will be lost FOREVER! I'd just.....I'd Just cry! ! I know y'all agree!
crazylittleloca is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #16
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
I wouldn't be surprized if this was the final end of the site. I was involved in Moderating the KotOR sections up until Decmeber of 2005. Since then I have not been able to access the site, As I was effectively banned by a site glitch while I was dealing with a troll. All attempts to contact Sergio have failed and to be honest after 3 months of trying to contact him I gave up.

It's a shame that the largest library of KotOR mods may be gone, but we still have Lucasfiles.com. The convenience factor is much lower than PCGM but it's better than nothing.
I allways thought that LucasFiles.com was under utilized. Darth333 had encouraged me to place my mods there. Even though you don't have certain freedoms, you get the sense that your mods are in good hands.

2004-2008
Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #17
Vandrak
Rookie

I also hope Pcgm isn't down for good, and i was just thinking about posting a mod there, i guess i will post it on lucasfiles instead.

Last edited by Vandrak; 07-13-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Vandrak is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 PM   #18
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
i know that pcgamemods is the best library, but surely http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/ is next in line in terms of number of mods, lucasfiles has very few really!

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #19
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandrak
I also hope Pcgm is down for good, and i was just thinking about posting a mod there, i guess i will post it on lucasfiles instead.

What?
You want PCGameMods to be down for good?
What a loss... but life must go on.
Wherever Sergio is, I hope he's doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
i know that pcgamemods is the best library, but surely http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/ is next in line in terms of number of mods, lucasfiles has very few really!
That might be true, but alot of the modders here were on bad terms with the previous management of KotorMods. Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.

Oh, and LucasFiles.com is an offically endorsed LucasArts mod site while KotorMods is not.

_EW_

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, but in the first one I started writing before seeing Jonathan's post... so I didn't see it until after posting the first one...

Please use the 'edit this' post feature and add any new content to your previous post, copy and paste works wonders for this. -RH

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-14-2006 at 12:44 AM.
EnderWiggin is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM   #20
Vandrak
Rookie

I meant i hope it isn't down for good

Vandrak is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #21
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
That might be true, but alot of the modders here were on bad terms with the previous management of KotorMods. Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.

Oh, and LucasFiles.com is an offically endorsed LucasArts mod site while KotorMods is not.
sorry dudes i didnt know - bows head in shame... please dont force lightning my ass, i wont fail you again master!

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-14-2006 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote tag...
jonathan7 is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #22
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I have Sergio's MSN address if anyone wants to try contacting him. I don't know whether he still uses it, though.

Quote:
Most of the old mods on there, IIRC, were taken from other sites without permission and hosted there. I dunno if those mods have been removed, but I do know that KotorMods is under different management as of now, and they are trying to resolve the situation.
I'm under the impression most were removed by the new administration, but none of the current staff there can be entirely sure unless authors come forward with information, because the previous administration left them no information to go by. We've tried contacting a couple of people we're concerned don't know their mods are hosted there, but we've not had luck contacting those people yet to the best of my knowledge.

Inyri is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #23
Revnant
Rookie

Yeah me and my friend hope it isnt done because it looks legitement(sp?). Also I saved a number of mods from there into my favorites.
Revnant is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #24
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
I am sort of a noobie, but I can tell that site was one of the best kotor modding sites around and I would really hope it was not gone.
SithRevan is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2006, 11:32 PM   #25
jedi7000nathan

ya so what do we if i don't get a new KOTOR 1 Mod i'll go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #26
Revnant
Rookie

Yeah because I cant seem to find a way to downloads avol vader armor from anywhere else. Also the sound thing for vaders breathing and also the have force crush type mod. But I think it will be back up. Does anyone know his email address?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:56 PM   #27
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7

Quote:

sorry dudes i didnt know - bows head in shame... please dont force lightning my ass, i wont fail you again master!
Don't worry man. It is a long story, and it actually takes place at PCGamemods.com. I think it is one of the reasons why Sergio got rid of the forums.

Yeah. LucasFiles.com has been adopted by Lucas Arts in a way. See my signature. I rather have my mods somewhere where it is safe. PCGAMEMODS.com allowed the user to edit their mod discriptions and such, but you felt like you had some type of comtrol. Even though you don't have that control with LucasFiles.com, you have the sense that your files are in good hands.

I don't know too much about that other site, hense I don't type the name of it, but I do know they have questionable tactics.

I bet you $100 that a spokes person is hidding in these forums, and he wil eventually leave a post trying to win over modders. lol...

2004-2008
Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 AM   #28
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
I bet you $100 that a spokes person is hidding in these forums, and he wil eventually leave a post trying to win over modders.
We don't do that, however we do tend to correct misconceptions. For instance:

Quote:
I do know they have questionable tactics.
Had*.

In the end, any FileFront "spokes person" on these forums are modders, just like you . I registered here to learn and help, not to advertise anything. And I don't. Neither does Shem.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #29
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
For those who are looking for mods post a message here of what your looking for. I don't have all of the mods but I do have a pretty large collection on my HD. While I can't publically redistribute the mods they can be PM'ed to you if I have them. I will in the meantime do what I can to get in touch with the authors of the mods that I have in my collection to arrange to upload them to LucasFiles.

I have probably a vastly larger array of K1 mods than K2 but Even then the collection is pretty large. Most of the mods in my collection can be considered some of the higher grade mods.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 07-14-2006, 12:56 AM   #30
Revnant
Rookie

Well basicly what I want for kotor 2 now is darth vaders armor, darth vader sound(the breathing thing), Vaders lightsaber and early force crush. Those are the ones I want.

Last edited by Revnant; 07-14-2006 at 01:39 AM. Reason: posted my email
Old 07-14-2006, 01:24 AM   #31
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Please don't post your email per forum rules.

However it will help if you know what the name of the mod is and the authors name. I will PM download links when I upload them to a private server.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 07-14-2006, 01:30 AM   #32
Republic Armory
Rookie

Do you have the Black Mandalorian Reskin(Kotor2) and the Blood Red Mandalorian reskin(Kotor)?

Where are those gifts you intercepted?
Republic Armory is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2006, 01:39 AM   #33
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic Armory
Do you have the Black Mandalorian Reskin(Kotor2) and the Blood Red Mandalorian reskin(Kotor)?
I'll take a look, do you know the author by chance?

\/\/ Okay that will help me in finding the mod RA. \/\/

[TSL]Holowan Plugin

Last edited by Darkkender; 07-14-2006 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:55 AM   #34
Republic Armory
Rookie

I think the blood red mandalorian reskin was done by Doom_Dealer but I don't know about the other one.

Where are those gifts you intercepted?
Republic Armory is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2006, 02:41 AM   #35
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
PCGM has been a sinking ship since the community got severed, I think. As the largest collection of JA and KotOR mods on the internet, though, it would be an utter loss if it ceased to exist.

Being the admin of such a site, either Sergio knows about the problem and will fix it, or he doesn't care and will let the site die. He wouldn’t have forgotten about it. I don't know him, but judging from his final interactions with the community, I'm guessing the latter scenario.
90SK is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2006, 02:45 AM   #36
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Judging from a conversation I had with Sergio shortly after he removed the forums and commenting, I'd tend to agree with you, which is indeed a shame. I've always believed more options makes for a more secure community, but unfortunately a lot of people don't take advantage of those options and host their mods on one site alone. As we can now see, that can be disastrous in this kind of situation, which is unfortunate since LucasFiles is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Major kudos to Darkkender, though, for trying to be so helpful .

Old 07-14-2006, 02:47 AM   #37
ImperatorCaesar
Rookie

Since I can't get it from PCGM.com, does someone have Sith Armada that they can email me?

I have deleted your email address post IC, please read our forum rules, thanks. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-14-2006 at 06:29 AM.
ImperatorCaesar is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2006, 03:03 AM   #38
jedi7000nathan

not on a disk that's is intact or around
Old 07-14-2006, 06:15 AM   #39
bacara nate
Rookie

Unhappy yeah

yeah i started a thread about this earlier on this morning but im also experiencing the problem cause im tryin to see the republic commando mod and it wont let me on, it didnt let me on yesterday either?

the thing is lucas files is great and all but it no where near as many mods as pcgamemods so if you wwant to save your files you might as well post them at lucasfiles.com

bacara nate, I have combined your double posts, if you have something to add please use the 'edit this' post feature. Also I am deleting your thread you made about PCGameMods in the Requests Forum, let's keep this to one thread. Thanks. -RH

peace is a lie, there is only passion,
through passion i gain strength,
through strength i gain power,
through power i gain victory,
through victory my chains are broken,
the force shall free me

Last edited by RedHawke; 07-14-2006 at 06:31 AM.
bacara nate is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2006, 09:37 AM   #40
Fiestainabox

Current Game: Borderlands
Well, I have released a few mods, all of them were hosted on PCGM, So its a big loss for me, But luckily, thanks to good old Filefront (The Official Site, Not The Kotor Version) I'll be hosting them on LucasFiles.

The only real reason I'll miss PCGM is that A lot of mods where they're that I Downloaded A lot.

HideTheWeapons [K1][TSL]|Last Stand[K1]|Camera Angles[TSL]
Fallout: Less Useless Gifts[Nexus]|Named Wasteland[Nexus]
Fiestainabox is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Can't access pcgamemods.com