lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #121
Relenzo2
Forumite

I like the airlift idea. That way vehicles could get around large battlefields more effectively without needing any random tank carrier vehicles to be invented out of nowhere like I thought of earlier And I like your idea of more millitary targets. I tinkered with that idea too. It wouldn't even have to be limited to GC. Assault wouldn't have to be limited to space and Jedi clash.

EDIT: ooh. 4 pages.

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may:
Old 08-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #122
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
I think it would be pretty cool if they powered up the LAATs 2 side turrets but made it so that the gunners could be shot out. I also think that all of the transports but the LAAT should have to open like a door to get out but the LAAT would have the option of leaving the side doors open for a fast jump out. I think that transports should carry at least like 4 passengers and you should be able to open up the door and jump out anywhere.
Another Idea for transports is supplys. The troops inside of them could jump out with extra ammo and bacta canisters and then carry them places bout could only use theyre pistol while carrying. This would be especialy usefull in huge battles where you are fighting in a large field or something like that and there are no bots

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may:
Old 08-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #123
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

^^^ Nice Idea with the LAAT's, even better the gunship could hover and the Troopers inside could rappel down to the battlefield like on Republic Commando.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may:
Old 08-18-2006, 08:57 PM   #124
Relenzo2
Forumite

Rappeling... i've always wanted to go rappeling. If LAAT's are not in the plantetary batteles without mods in III, i will scream

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may:
Old 08-18-2006, 11:46 PM   #125
generalvaklu321
Rookie

For III, just have larger everything. More unit types, more units on a battlefield, more planets, more vehicles, and everything else i forgot to mention.
They should have MUCH MORE units on the battlefield. The battles have to be larger and longer. The longer a battle is, you wont play as much battles in a short time, thus adding to the replay value of the game. On Battlefront I, I breezed through Galactic Conquest in an hour and a half on the hardest level. If I got what I want, the battles will last, at the shortest, 30 minutes. I dont have a short attention span though, I dont think that would be the best for everyone.

It's a trap!
generalvaklu321 is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #126
generalvaklu321
Rookie

Oh yeah, is there a thread to discuss the idea of a KOTOR Battlefront? I want to make sure before I start one, but wouldn't that kick ass? Have the Jedi CIvil War and Mandolorian Wars... nevermind me for now

It's a trap!
Old 08-19-2006, 04:21 PM   #127
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

I agree with you on bigger and longer battles but to apoint, I dont want a map to take more tahn 30 minutes but it should be longer than some taht are under 3 minutes

Old 08-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #128
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalvaklu321
Oh yeah, is there a thread to discuss the idea of a KOTOR Battlefront? I want to make sure before I start one, but wouldn't that kick ass? Have the Jedi CIvil War and Mandolorian Wars... nevermind me for now
Also, everyone see this thread for generalvaklu321's idea for combining KOTOR with Republic Commando as well.
I guess a Jedi Civil war or Mandalorian wars era for SWBFIII would be cool, but it's not going to happen.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 08-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #129
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I think it's pointless to discuss the possibility of a third Star Wars Battlefront.
They haven't even fixed the first one.

Pho3nix is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #130
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

hey, dont squash our dreaming

Old 08-20-2006, 10:01 PM   #131
generalvaklu321
Rookie

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
I guess a Jedi Civil war or Mandalorian wars era for SWBFIII would be cool, but it's not going to happen.
yeah, but a man can dream... but it's not me, because that would be weird

It's a trap!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #132
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

My guess is that some post clone wars (aka dark times) type of map would be added, along with the adult series of Star Wars, if there is ever going to be a BF3
PoiuyWired is offline   you may:
Old 08-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #133
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

I say if they refuse to make a BF3, we just steal the engine and get all the modders on two teams and they both work on it and then we take whats good from the 2 teams stuff and combine it and boom, we have BF3 with stuff we actualy asked for

Old 08-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #134
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

They should throw in the towel with the Battlefield style gaming and try SWBF3 as Call of Duty style gameplay, that would be awesome.

- Halo_92

Old 08-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #135
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

I think maybe a combo of taht, with CPs but they cant be captured and gameplay would be slower and such. I think CoD UO would be the best to base it off of, CoD2 was just Halo in WW2

Old 08-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #136
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt
CoD2 was just Halo in WW2
Except CoD2 is good.

- Halo_92

Old 08-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #137
Halo_92

Yes, and I think that melee should be allowed.
and some stealth moves would be awesome.
Halo_92 is offline   you may:
Old 08-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #138
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo92
Yes, and I think that melee should be allowed.
and some stealth moves would be awesome.
We already have Bothans.

Hey, I know! How about an espionage game mode?

Davinq is offline   you may:
Old 08-23-2006, 06:44 PM   #139
Halo_92

i ment like slitting throats and stuff like that.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #140
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

With what exactly, halo92?

- Halo_92

Old 08-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #141
Halo_92

clones have to have a knife or viroblade or somthing
or choking human enemies with you rifle.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #142
generalvaklu321
Rookie

I dont want to mix too many kinds of engines for BF3. stealth would be cool, but not to elaborate, I dont want Splinter Cell: Star Wars. Here's a crazy idea, have an orb the units can go in, and roll around the battlefied, mix super monkey ball with battlefront

@ jawathehutt, halo and co2 are good, so mixing it with battlefront wouldn't be a disaster, but your right, co2 was ww2 halo.

It's a trap!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #143
Halo_92

yeah it kinda is i'm saving up for cod 3
Old 08-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #144
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well Melee is a must, since with the FORCED elite weapon system you will be out of ammo pretty fast if you play a nerfed class like the sniper. And without a melee weapon you are a sitting duck. I don't mean you need something powerful(unless you make a melee class special trooper), a vibro-shiv for the clones and some vibroblade is ll you need. At least you can try to take down guys unnoticed from the back with a few stripes.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may:
Old 08-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #145
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I think some sort of Halo/Killzone style, one hit kill, rifle-stock clobber would suit the game fine. A blade is a bit much, none of the soldiers canonically carry vibroblades in the battlefield, anyway.

- Halo_92

Old 08-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #146
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo92
yeah it kinda is i'm saving up for cod 3
I gave up on call of duty games when they announced that CoD 3 is for consoles only

but back on topic, I think like something like a bf1942 knife would be fine thats doesnt have much range and kills in 1 slash when the enemy has theyre back to you

Old 08-24-2006, 06:37 PM   #147
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
I gave up on call of duty games when they announced that CoD 3 is for consoles only
I thought that at first but CoD2 is just so f**king great i'm getting CoD3 on the PS2.

Quote:
but back on topic, I think like something like a bf1942 knife would be fine thats doesnt have much range and kills in 1 slash when the enemy has theyre back to you
Quote:
I think some sort of Halo/Killzone style, one hit kill, rifle-stock clobber would suit the game fine. A blade is a bit much, none of the soldiers canonically carry vibroblades in the battlefield, anyway.

- Halo_92

Old 08-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #148
Halo_92

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm getting CoD3 on the PS2.
Dang Right! I'm getting on Gamefly first.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:03 AM   #149
generalvaklu321
Rookie

Quote:
I think like something like a bf1942 knife would be fine thats doesnt have much range and kills in 1 slash when the enemy has theyre back to you
there, good idea. I just dont like that when you run out of ammo, you're f***ed up the ass**** (I'm censoring because apparentlly, the FCC thinks it's bad). You still have the pistol, but (unless you have the commando pistol), you're no match against someone with any other gun.

I have another idea, pick up your enemies weapons when they die, it'll make the battles more intersting. Imagine a Bothan spy with a sniper , or a clone engineer doing this (execpt a blaster rifle, not an AK-47 :P)

It's a trap!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #150
Darth Andrew
Veteran

But the problem with that is it would ruin the class system, and Tking would run rampant.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may:
Old 08-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #151
generalvaklu321
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Andrew
But the problem with that is it would ruin the class system, and Tking would run rampant.
ugh, good point. But still, you'd still have the bonus' for people like Officers and there rally powers, or for a Pilot in space, you'd still have the unique ability to repair ships while flying, etc.

It's a trap!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:24 AM   #152
Darth Andrew
Veteran

But what about TKing? Heck, I would do it if I could be a sniper rifle and rocket launcher-wielding jet trooper.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #153
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Andrew
But what about TKing? Heck, I would do it if I could be a sniper rifle and rocket launcher-wielding jet trooper.
Yeah well, you could always hope that more servers have friendlyfire turned off.

btw. nice avvy Darth Andrew, C&C rocks.

Pho3nix is offline   you may:
Old 08-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #154
Darth Andrew
Veteran

True, but there are those (like me) that prefer friendly fire on for a more realistic experience.

BTW, thanks. I was too young to get into the orignal C&C, but I eagerly await for Tiberium Wars.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #155
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

ya the TW looks cool but nothing can beat Red alert 1 and C&C 1, those were the coolest graphics ever

I think if they do a take weapons off dead people, they should do it like BF1942 where you lose your current guns and powers and gain theyres

Old 08-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #156
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
I think if they do a take weapons off dead people, they should do it like BF1942 where you lose your current guns and powers and gain theyres
Nah that way was stupid, you get all their guns, all their gear and all their f**king clothes. You shouldn't be able to pick up weapons at all, you'd get Jet Snipers flying around everywhere.

- Halo_92

Old 08-27-2006, 08:49 PM   #157
generalvaklu321
Rookie

Quote:
Nah that way was stupid, you get all their guns, all their gear and all their f**king clothes. You shouldn't be able to pick up weapons at all, you'd get Jet Snipers flying around everywhere.
Just the weapons should be okay. Yeah there'd be Jet Snipers, but people would see the douchebag flying around, thus exposing him to fire. At least the snipers aren't as immaculate as they are in Halo.

It's a trap!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #158
Darth Andrew
Veteran

How would you know how to use an enemy's rocket launcher (thinking realisticly)? I'd say that you could only pick up the weapon of an ally that is of your class.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:24 AM   #159
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalvaklu321
Just the weapons should be okay. Yeah there'd be Jet Snipers, but people would see the douchebag flying around, thus exposing him to fire. At least the snipers aren't as immaculate as they are in Halo.
They would fly up to a really high place and snipe everyone from where no-one could get them, they wouldn't just be flying around.

- Halo_92

Old 08-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #160
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

I like the idea of only taking from your allies but make it so that TKs dont drop packs so theres no reward for TKing

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars: Battlefront (DICE) > General Discussion > Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]