lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Unable to install BF2 again?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-16-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
sith1001
Rookie

Question Unable to install BF2 again?

I had taken it off for a while, but I go to put it back on, I put the DVD-Rom in my drive, and I'm not getting any autoplay action. It'll just bring up the my computer screen of the dvd, showing a directx folder with 36 megs of stuff in it and the 1 kb autorun file. And thats it. And when I try to run the autorun manually, it just opens a blank notepad file and says: "cannot open the e:\autorun.inf file, make sure a disk is in the drive you specified". Its in the right drive, in the DVD-RW drive, and its not reading something I guess. Anyone else have this? It previously installed just fine and everything worked great. Now its doing this out of nowhere.
sith1001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
=DEATH STAR=
Rookie

I don't know if this may be the problem but shouldn't e:\autorun.inf file be d:\autorun.inf file? Because since your running the CD in the CD/DVD hardrive it's D:\ for me

That's no moon. That's a battle station.
=DEATH STAR= is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
sith1001
Rookie

Nah its not that, My CD-RW drive is labeled as the D and the DVD-RW is labeled E.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #4
sith1001
Rookie

Ok, tested the DVD-ROM in my friend's computer and it works fine. WHAT??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Tech Help > Unable to install BF2 again?