lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which planet first?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
XioJade
Rookie

Which planet first?

Which planet in KOTOR II in the easiest one to complete first?
XioJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Depends on whether you're going light side or dark side. I usually do either Dantooine or Nar Shaddaa first. Dantooine's a good option because of the crystal cave, although there's always the option of going to the crystal cave and then hopping to another planet.

My personal choices are just that, though. I don't really base them on any kind of logic. I'd have to have logic for that . I do think, though, that those two are probably the easier of the planets to start with.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
XioJade
Rookie

I'm playing as a Dark Side Male.
XioJade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
slaytan
Rookie

Personally, I'd say go to Dantooine last. All your item drops are based on character level, including the crystals in the cave. So going there last (or even second or third) will get you some better crystals. I prefer Nar Shadaa, because it has the most chances for influence and experience, as well as getting you most of your characters early. Some people don't like it because it can be confusing, and you reach a point where you can only go forward, but most planets have some point like that, except Dantooine.
slaytan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 02:07 AM   #5
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
Dantooine is the easiest combatwise, so I would recommend starting there. I also find it is easier to acquire the lightsaber parts I need there, then to Nar Shadaa, back to Telos to tie up sidequests (escaped criminals), then to Dxun, Korriban... I'm droning aren't I? While I'm at it, I'll list my KOTOR planets... *snore*

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 03:17 AM   #6
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Nar-Shadaa first as it nets you the fastest route to a saber... and for getting extras.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 03:50 AM   #7
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

i normly do onderon frist but
this time around im doing nar shadaa frist

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 04:27 AM   #8
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Nar-Shadaa first as it nets you the fastest route to a saber... and for getting extras.
spoiler:
and Mira is quite the "extra"
.. rawr..

Quote:
Which planet in KOTOR II in the easiest one to complete first?
Really depends on your playstyle, but I can't really think of any planet 'harder' than the other.. however,
spoiler:
if you're DS, and you choose to go face to face with Vrook.. you might want some experience beforehand unless you like running around and screaming like a big wuss

**- Included "spoiler" tags since I'm not sure if you've played before. They're not really hard-core spoilers.. but it might ruin your play "options" if you know they are available before-hand. Just a precaution

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2006, 02:06 AM   #9
Maverick5770

Nar Shadaa gets you saber parts faster, cool. I'm usuallu LS so I do Dantooine first, but if you are DS, Vrook is the hardest SOB in the whole damn game to beat!!, so avoid it until later. Nar Shadaa is a good place for influence with your party, training and DS points. Onderon is a lot of fun, Korriban is a pain, i'd do it second or third last. Thats how I would go.

I Am Canadian

Go Canucks Go

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ
Maverick5770 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #10
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Nar-Shadaa first, you get three or four party memebrs on that planet and that's never a bad thing.
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2006, 04:04 PM   #11
darthyorktown
Rookie

this is a pattern aint it and it will probably happen every lvl that the 1st lvl and last are hardest and it always involves getting ur ship back after hours of gameplay! #1 it was on Taris now on Telos. By the way, what planet do u see Carth and Bastila on?
darthyorktown is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Bastila and Carth make a cameo appearance near the end of the game, if you choose Revan to be a light side character. The order of planets you go to will have no affect there.

spoiler:
You see them on Telos after Nihilus attacks it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #13
Raven_Onasi
Rookie

Nar-Shadaa gives you the coolest stuff, but it is not the easiest planet. If your going for easy, then I would go to Dantooine first. There isn't a lot of combate.

Life is pain, highness, anyone who says differently is selling something. ~ Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride)

Pain is really the only reliable means by which truth may be obtained. Or so I choose to believe. ~HK-47

I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent – usually from warriors. ~ Carth
Raven_Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 02:12 AM   #14
zadi
Rookie

My personal choices have been to go to Dantooine first. I've played Onderon first and Korriban first but I didn't like that order - the game felt... off.

Yes, I'm obsessed with the games.
zadi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 02:23 AM   #15
TruYuri
Rookie

No matter what side im on, i always do them in this order: Dxun/Onderon, Dantooine, Korriban, Nar Shadaa. To me, the only drawbacks of this are 1. Not much influence with Mira, so she cannot become a Jedi. 2. None, or very low amount of influence with HK-47. Otherwise, I feel that this order balances it out. Nar Shadaa I save for last because I hate it...Alot...
TruYuri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #16
Terran I
Rookie

I go to Onderon first, then Nar Shadaa, Korriban, Dantooine.
spoiler:
Dantooine last because of the crystals you can find in the caves of Khoonda!

TERRAN REIGNS SUPREME!!!!

Last edited by Terran I; 08-02-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spoiler
Terran I is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #17
Rain128
Rookie

meh in light of Chains.2da i made it one big spoiler.....

spoiler:
Even if i dont plan on finishing Dantooine i go there first.. grab ONLY the lvl up (<your name>)cristal and jeting, even then i find it hard to max it out for some reason =/

so if anything get the <your name> cristal and go where you please
Rain128 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #18
Arch_Nemesis
Rookie

When playing darkside...i always go to Nar Shaddaa first...and Dantooine after...because Vrook is the only Jedi Master..who is hard to kill
Arch_Nemesis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #19
jedimaster2126
Lurker

I suggest going to dantoine first because as soon as you land visas will get on your ship and you can get the last part for your light saber, the you can get a crystle from the salvager lady.

Star Wars is forever, may the for be with you, always.
and be sure to visit "http://www.pcgamemods.com" to see all the great mods.
jedimaster2126 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #20
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
I always go to Dantooine first because you can update the crystal with Kreia. If you are female, then you can recuit one "lost Jedi", The Disiple (Whoever he is). Then go to Na Shaddaa to train your first Jedi--Atton/Bao-Dur or both, depend on your influence, then recuit another future Jedi, Mira. (If you're lightsided). The next planets are up to you, you may want to go to Korriban to learn Sith histories, Onderon to save the princess and recuit a Army General, and another planet...What the hell is it? I forgot!

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #21
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster2126
I suggest going to Dantooine first because as soon as you land visas will get on your ship and you can get the last part for your light saber, the you can get a crystal from the salvager lady.
Planets have nothing to do with Visas. She will appear when you meet the alignment requirement.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Which planet first?