lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: yuuzhan vong
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #1
TruYuri
Rookie
 
TruYuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 84
yuuzhan vong

Ok, i have really got to clear this up. What the HELL is the yuuzhan vong?!!?
TruYuri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
Nedak
Beelzebozo
 
Nedak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,836
LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong

Here ya go.
Nedak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 AM   #3
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
You''l eventually recover from the shock, in time to find out that the NJO is still a very good series.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #4
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Wel, if you got cut away from the force, you will hate technology, set up some organic cult, have crabs and worms. Oh you will be happy living in the inerds of giant bio critters. And, did I mention you would be butt ugly?
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
Darth_Terros
Veteran
 
Darth_Terros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Korriban
Posts: 821
Helpful! 
The Vong are a breath of fresh air in a galaxy thats stale full of crappy incompetant warlords and lame superweapons they made it possible for the post ROTJ starwars EU to feel new and interesting ie the legacy of the force series.


Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
TruYuri
Rookie
 
TruYuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by han sala
Wow. That shocked me. Now I understand. Good thing i read a few books with Jaicen, Jenna, and Anakin awhile back, or a few things in that wouldnt have made sense. (This really freaks me out>>>) Awhile back before the summer started i was sittin next to a friend of mine. For the last few days he was reading the book where Chewbacca dies. He refered to the Yuuzhan Vong as "this wierd ass species" and he couldnt pronounce it right, so i couldnt understand what he meant. Since I read that, im like "Whoa."
TruYuri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #7
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Wel, if you got cut away from the force, you will hate technology, set up some organic cult, have crabs and worms. Oh you will be happy living in the inerds of giant bio critters. And, did I mention you would be butt ugly?
Thats why you should always go with Machine Cults.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #8
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I like that they use tongues for loading ramps.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2006, 01:38 AM   #9
Davinq
I wear a fez now
 
Davinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 2,442
Current Game: Portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I like that they use tongues for loading ramps.
I didn't. To me it was like "hurry! let's run away from the infidels by getting eaten!"

edit: btw I still haven't finished the series, but I scour wookieepedia from time to time for info on books I missed.

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Qel-Droma
I didn't.
Perhaps I didn't lay on the sarcasm thick enough...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #11
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
Thats why you should always go with Machine Cults.
Hmmm, some alien c tan posing as a god and/or dead people in a bottle...

Oops...

I mean, mind as well yell "Down with the meatbags" and go "IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT"

PS: Having trouble makig my Orbiis from Termie models, Think the metal ones are not Machine enough... Need 6-9 of them ^.^
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
I like what the YV did with Coruscant...putting in that rainbow bridge, making it the party capital for homosexual droid haters from around the galaxy [/borrows some of Primeski's sarcasm]

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #13
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Well Coruscant couldn't be worse off before the Vongs anyways, think about the lovely pollution and what not.

Maybe they would do something better during the rebuilt.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I like that they use tongues for loading ramps.
Still better then the "Gun of Command"
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #15
Davinq
I wear a fez now
 
Davinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 2,442
Current Game: Portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Perhaps I didn't lay on the sarcasm thick enough...
Perhaps I didn't either...

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
mivoci1
Rookie
 
mivoci1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 123
But yuuzan vong were defeated right and the burning question did Zonama Sekot
joined Galactic Alliance


If you only knew the power of the Dark Side.
mivoci1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2006, 09:38 PM   #17
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I am still amazed that an hour's worth of reading on Wookieepedia could be stretched into 22 or so books. I don't see who could waste that much time on such an untraditional Star Wars story.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #18
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivoci1
But yuuzan vong were defeated right and the burning question did Zonama Sekot
joined Galactic Alliance
The answer would be "not exactly"
From My Understanding:

They got played later and started a futile war against the Galactic again, but crushed under the eventual might of the empire.

They might have directly and/or indirectly help create a (Solo?) Sithlord with crabs.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #19
jedijones
Rookie
 
jedijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wimborne
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
The Vong are a breath of fresh air in a galaxy thats stale full of crappy incompetant warlords and lame superweapons they made it possible for the post ROTJ starwars EU to feel new and interesting ie the legacy of the force series.
I agree. It'll be interesting to see what part they will play in the legacy series.
jedijones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #20
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
I am still amazed that an hour's worth of reading on Wookieepedia could be stretched into 22 or so books....
I am amazed you can actually say something so puerile !

How about this:

A slave boy called Anakin >
Becomes a padawan >
Becomes a jedi >
Becomes a Sith Lord >
Finds out about his Son >
Is confronted by his son twice, defeated the second time (Find out about Daughter) >
His son's faith in him gives him the strength to destroy his master >
He dies and joins the force >
Everyone lives happily ever after

Now why would you ever need to watch the SW movies...you know it all know...

The NJO was full of some superb moments, books ending on 'cliffhangers' you'd wait months to continue. There was exploration of new technologies and Jedi Abilities. It also sets up the KEY character for the post NJO EU content. It was a 5 year war of truly galactic proportions, and you think you have experienced it all from one hours of fiddling around on Wookipedia ??

but NJO haters are far from well informed, so no biggie

carry on !!

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #21
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Now why would you ever need to watch the SW movies...you know it all know...
Yeah, but you'd miss out on all the acting and details you left out. Not to mention how they don't commit various acts of sacrilege against thenselves every page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
It was a 5 year war of truly galactic proportions, and you think you have experienced it all from one hours of fiddling around on Wookipedia ??
Well, it can all be summarized as:

A bunch of organic-obsessed masochists invade
A character dies
Planets get destroyed (ie Vongformed, arguably even worse)
People hate the Jedi
More planets get destroyed
Coruscant falls
Another character dies
Even more planets get destroyed
A planet destroys a bunch of the Vong
They fly away on it
The Vong commit various acts of blasphemy through the series (Vongforming Coruscant, killing a character, etc.)

Quite arguably, I wouldn't even want to experience anything beyond Wookieepedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
but NJO haters are far from well informed, so no biggie
I'll have you know I am very well-informed when it comes to real Star Wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
carry on !!
Without the Vong! (Bad rhyme intended)

The Yuuzhan Vong are an awesome idea, but Star Wars was the worst possible place to put them. If you compare them to classic moments in the original trilogy, such as Vader giving his famous line in ESB, does a race of people who graft animals into starships seem that true to Star Wars?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #22
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Actually Vong is a nice idea even for StarWars. Thing being, yhey might be more "pleasent" if they were playing a more minor role, like the enemy of a miniseries of novels. Unfortunately they took on the role as the archenemy of a huge series, and many of their actions are quite alternative, and some are frankly downright unappealing, even if the said action is not a deliberate act of terror by Vong standard. Add this to some unappealing physical aspact of the species, and anti-tech culture, and its a mixture of extremely weird existance that is unattractive to most.

I mean, if Vongs all look like half-nikked twi'lek girls rather than the malformed bio-zombieoid that they are I am sure more people will accept them.

All in all, Vongs are too big of a change in too large of a scale. Sometimes I actually think that they should have just made them Vongs non-humanoid and people actually would be happier seeing our heros fighting space monsters.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #23
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
...If you compare them to classic moments in the original trilogy, such as Vader giving his famous line in ESB, does a race of people who graft animals into starships seem that true to Star Wars?
apart from the films, there is NO other "True" Star Wars.

*pages Kurgan for 'canon' lecture*

Hence, ANY EU can be argued as irrelevant, which is a point quite a few people make, and quite validly.

But saying YV>Killiks>Galaxy Gun>Thrawn>etc is more or less "real" Star Wars is very hard to argue with any seriousness.

You really shouldn't compare books to films. They get their information across in a different way. GL relies on visuals more than anything, the books have words and words alone. The films never try to be 'character pieces' In the course of the 6 films you find out alot about anakin, but still not enough perhaps...

reading about a similar journey an EU character is making, I am far more convinced about his motivations and how he got there. With the NJO, that wouldnt exist.

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #24
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
apart from the films, there is NO other "True" Star Wars.
Then what seems like it is, whatever you want to call it. The Vong seem less Star Warsy than the Thrawn trilogy, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
reading about a similar journey an EU character is making, I am far more convinced about his motivations and how he got there. With the NJO, that wouldnt exist.
spoiler:
Jacen? The writers of Legacy could've made him fall to the dark side easily enough without Vergere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #25
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
reading about a similar journey an EU character is making, I am far more convinced about his motivations and how he got there. With the NJO, that wouldnt exist.
If you are refering to what I think you are refering to (LOTF series), I kind of disagree. Apart from a few passing mentions to events and characters in the NJO, all of the motivations/philosphies/etc. he has are referenced back to his post-NJO 5 year Star Trek mission and the film eras. His explained thought processes almost always deal with movie events and dealings with other force traditions found in his unwritten travels. You don't need to know anything about the NJO at all to undertand fully the events of the series, at least thus far.

Others have commented elsewhere, and I would tend to agree, that Del Rey seems to have more or less "done away with" most of the effects of the NJO, for whatever reason. There is only passing mention of the Vong conflict and it seems to have changed next to nothing in the galaxy in general. Similarly with the characters and all the long discussions about the Force and other philosphies. Del Rey seems to be backtracking on the nature of the Force (as I understand it, others who have finished the series can comment further) that was explained by the end of the NJO. They seem to have "undone" much of what the NJO brought forth and gone back to the original concepts. Was it because of fan reaction or something else?

What I do find somewhat funny reading various SW EU forums is that the praise for the LOTF series seems very strong and much less controversial. Yet, LOTF goes back to the same old film concepts (light/dark side, Jedi vs. Sith, etc.) that people claimed they were so tired of.

Interestingly, Astro, that the Legacy comic series has many more references to the NJO and the Vong than the novels do (tease tease).

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #26
mivoci1
Rookie
 
mivoci1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 123
Well it's better than slimy vong it remainds me on Alien vs Predator.


If you only knew the power of the Dark Side.
mivoci1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #27
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past
 
Astrotoy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 10,284
Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
If you are refering to what I think you are refering to (LOTF series), I kind of disagree. Apart from a few passing mentions to events and characters in the NJO, all of the motivations/philosphies/etc. he has are referenced back to his post-NJO 5 year Star Trek mission and the film eras....
Primeski.....allow me to kind of disagree too !

Let me put it this way. In the NJO alone...Going through 21 books with Jacen in most of it, you see how much he changes by the end of it...he really does. Those familiar with Jacen beforehand from the JJK/YJK series will find it even more interesting.

It is done so gradually it is really compelling to read and seems a plausible, if not natural progression of his character(as compared to Anakin's transformation) At the start of the NJO Jacen was refusing to be involved in *anything* - and even had hang ups about carrying his lightsaber. Then there was the incident with the YV warmaster......then Traitor. These were key incidents, but there's *alot* of stuff about his development woven into NJO(and done quite deliberately) If you're happy to have it summarised in a few lines for you in wookiepedia/CUSWE it simply can not be the same experience if you travelled along with this kid every step of the way...

Jacen's NJO experiences are so, so, soooo much more than "his experiences with Vergere" ONLY someone who has not read the series can say that, seriously !! (it is simply a misinformed generalisation)

That '5 year' mission would not have occured without what happens to Jacen's character in NJO. I damn hope theyre going to go back and cover that properly !!

As for Del Rey 'undoing' the NJO's 'explanation of the the force' ... this is poppycock. It was never presented as the definitive answer back then. Luke, in his incidental meetings with Vergere, always would argue with her about this. It's merely a perspective Vergere gave to Jacen. I dont think Jacen ever adopted it 100% but it definitely has made some impact on him - especially enough to feel confident to question and challenge his peers/Masters. This can be likened to Sidious' interaction with Anakin....he too talked about all aspects of the force, and that ignoring the dark side is closing oneself off to a entire set of different powers and discoveries. This is really the essence of what Vergere said, and said it before ROTS....it was really interesting to hear echoes of it in Palpatine's words in the films, and to me made NJO even more relevant

Clarifying the 'Light vs Dark' outlook, as LOTF seems to be doing, would not be half as interesting had the discussion about the nature of the force not occurred in the NJO. It simply would have been more of the same !! Interesting that some obviously uninformed fans are so short sighted they cannot see this, but instead think of it in ridiculous terms like "OMG the NJO is being erased..." Rubbish

Luckily we have the smartest EU cookies here, not even the staunchest NJO hater has ranted on about this as if it's a fact GL told them about

Finally, anyone who "knows what happenned in Traitor" because they read a synopsis somewhere needs to be knackered! Traitor is a thing of beauty. It is simply as *must read* for anyone who is a fan of Jacen and LOTF. You live insides Jacen's head for a whole book!

Stover > you all

mtfbwya


Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 11-09-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #28
mivoci1
Rookie
 
mivoci1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 123
I mean Remnant with New Republic after a long years of struggle and suddenly alliance it doesen't feel right Star Destroyers with Calamari Cruisers on my opinion I stick with the era when Empire ruled the galaxy and then Luke Skywalker ruined every thing.


If you only knew the power of the Dark Side.
mivoci1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #29
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,363
Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Primeski.....allow me to kind of disagree too !
Allow me to retort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Let me put it this way. In the NJO alone...Going through 21 books with Jacen in most of it, you see how much he changes by the end of it...he really does. Those familiar with Jacen beforehand from the JJK/YJK series will find it even more interesting.

It is done so gradually it is really compelling to read and seems a plausible, if not natural progression of his character(as compared to Anakin's transformation) At the start of the NJO Jacen was refusing to be involved in *anything* - and even had hang ups about carrying his lightsaber. Then there was the incident with the YV warmaster......then Traitor. These were key incidents, but there's *alot* of stuff about his development woven into NJO(and done quite deliberately)
I'm not arguing that he didn't go through changes or that he wasn't drastically effected. I'm saying that so far the two LotF novels barely mention the events in it, and that is mainly to point out (retcon?) that Vergere was actually a Sith. When these novels discuss his motivations for decisions he makes, they refer back to the five years and these novels themselves. You may be right an much extends from the NJO, but it doesn't seem to be presented that way currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Jacen's NJO experiences are so, so, soooo much more than "his experiences with Vergere" ONLY someone who has not read the series can say that, seriously !! (it is simply a misinformed generalisation)
OK. But in LotF the few references to Jacen's experiences in the NJO are mainly related to Vergere, mostly showing the Sith connection. So if these other experiences were huge, ok, but they aren't captured in LotF. It basically comes down to Luminya saying, "remember all those discussions about the Force? Vergere was trying to convert you to the Sith."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
I damn hope theyre going to go back and cover that properly !!
I doubt it, only because the novel side of the EU seems to loathe going backwards in the timeline. Thus the need for the foolish extended lifespans to keep the big three around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
As for Del Rey 'undoing' the NJO's 'explanation of the the force' ... this is poppycock. It was never presented as the definitive answer back then. Luke, in his incidental meetings with Vergere, always would argue with her about this. It's merely a perspective Vergere gave to Jacen. I dont think Jacen ever adopted it 100% but it definitely has made some impact on him - especially enough to feel confident to question and challenge his peers/Masters.
My understanding, and correct me if I am wrong, is that at the end of the NJO it was sort of left as an open question as to which was the correct interpretation. As of LotF, there doesn't seem to be any doubt that there is a dark side, just whether it is bad to use it or not (at least in Jacen's mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
This can be likened to Sidious' interaction with Anakin....he too talked about all aspects of the force, and that ignoring the dark side is closing oneself off to a entire set of different powers and discoveries. This is really the essence of what Vergere said, and said it before ROTS....it was really interesting to hear echoes of it in Palpatine's words in the films, and to me made NJO even more relevant
And thus the need to "retcon" Vergere to be a Sith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Clarifying the 'Light vs Dark' outlook, as LOTF seems to be doing, would not be half as interesting had the discussion about the nature of the force not occurred in the NJO. It simply would have been more of the same !!
But again, LotF seems to present it as though this is how it always was, at least to a reader that doesn't know about the NJO. It just uses the original concept as it always was. NJO may have discussed it to death, but at this points things are right back where they started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Interesting that some obviously uninformed fans are so short sighted they cannot see this, but instead think of it in ridiculous terms like "OMG the NJO is being erased..." Rubbish
Erased is probably too strong a word, but at least marginalized. If events therein were so important, and I'm not saying they aren't, you would think they would play a much larger role in LotF. Instead, it is the 5 years and Luminya that form to the largest extent the "input" into Jacen's thought processes.

I assume it was done this way since the authors would have to write the stories on the assumption that readers hadn't read the NJO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Finally, anyone who "knows what happenned in Traitor" because they read a synopsis somewhere needs to be knackered! Traitor is a thing of beauty. It is simply as *must read* for anyone who is a fan of Jacen and LOTF.
I like the direction the character is going, but I certainly don't like the character. He is just too irrational and selective, and I find I get annoyed at the foolish thought processes and justifications he comes up with. Just selfish overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
You live insides Jacen's head for a whole book!
Not my idea of a good time!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #30
Samnmax221
I never Kipled
 
Samnmax221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My hovercraft is full of eels
Posts: 5,784
Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Now the NJO just taught me to dislike Jacen even more. I found the Tahiri story-arc much more interesting and introspective then anything else that happened.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > yuuzhan vong

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.