lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: NFL 2006
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #1
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
NFL 2006

Well, seeing as the Cubs are 10 out of the wildcard at this point and I've declared 'wait til next year', and the Bears have reported to camp, it's time to move on to football.

Who has the most promise to go all the way to the Big Game?

If Urlacher is any indication, the Bears have a fire in their belly that's going to drive them far. As long as Jones, Benson, and Grossman can stay healthy and the receivers can avoid dropping balls in the endzone, they might have a decent chance at least at the playoffs.
Of course, I'll be delighted if the Bears beat the Packers. Especially in Green Bay.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 02:45 AM   #2
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

I hope that the Bears do well too. I'm not really a fan of there's per se, more of a fan of Grossman and Urlacher. Grossman, because I hope he does well, and Urlacher...just 'cause he kicks some serious @$$ in Madden
Did Brett Favre retire? Or is he coming back for another season?
As for who I think will win...I think that the Steelers might, though with the loss of Bettis, there kinda screwed in the run game. The Colts look promising, but they lost James, so Peyton will shoulder more of the responsibility.

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 02:51 AM   #3
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Favre's back. But if he has no receivers and no linemen protecting him, he's going to be in the same boat as last year.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 08-07-2006, 02:55 AM   #4
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

Bah, he should have retired. He's going to get hurt, we're all gonna have a big ceremony when he misses the first game in like 13 years, and he'll finally retire, and tear up during the press conference.

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 03:44 AM   #5
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I have to cheer for my Broncos, hopefully "The Snake" wont blow it in the playoffs again, but I've been a Bronco fan as long as I remember and Champ Bailey has been my idol so to speak (I played cornerback, runningback, slotback, punt/kick returner in highschool), I'd still be trying to play football if my college had a team . Anyway, I'm not too worried about our running game, we always seem to find one somewhere, our O-line will take care of things. Our linebackers are solid and we have a decent secondary so I'm confident we'll make the playoffs again. As for the Bears, didn't Cedric Benson get injured by Urlacher, or was that just a bruise? Anyway, best of luck to your Bears hopefully they wont play like Cubs, pun intended, ha... ha... ha... ok it wasn't that funny, sorry .

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 10:49 AM   #6
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick187
Anyway, best of luck to your Bears hopefully they wont play like Cubs, pun intended,
(groan) You'll have to pay a pun tax for that one.

Benson got hit by Urlacher and then Brown, according to this 5 Aug 06 Sun-Times article.

I read that x-rays were negative, which leads me to think that he had a partial dislocation. It doesn't take much force at all to cause a dislocation, so Urlacher and Brown could have indeed not hit him hard, just caught him the wrong way. All one of them had to do was hit him on his upper chest and then push up under his arm a little to dislocate it. Except for the x-ray, I'm speculating, however.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #7
Snafu7
Purvayer of Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Favre's back. But if he has no receivers and no linemen protecting him, he's going to be in the same boat as last year.
I was just thinking about that this morning, all I know is they better fix their problems with the o-line, and then hope to God no one gets hurt this year, otherwise I'm in for a crappy fall.
Snafu7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #8
Hannibal

Current Game: Black Ops/Biosock
LFN Staff Member 
Jae, Is jones happy again? I saw on ESPN he was mad because Da'Bears drafted a running back and he came to camp with an attitude.

I'm a Washington Redskins fan. Looks like we might be a little better than last year. With a improved defense and better depth at WR. If Brunell stays health (which seems not to likely) we'll be good.

Hannibal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #9
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I was a Texans fan before the NFL draft. Now I'm rooting for the formers Texas Longhorn player on different NFL teams around the league. I hope the Texans pull a big 0-for this year. They deserve it for not picking Bush or hometown hero Vince Young. I was a HUGE Houston Oilier Fan before they left for Tennessee. With UT savor Vince Young now on the team I will again root for them. I’m also a fan of the Bears with Benson and Vasher on the team. I will also keep an eye on the Lions as they have 3 or 4 former UT players. That said my main focus as always will be college football.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #10
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
It doesn't take much force at all to cause a dislocation, so Urlacher and Brown could have indeed not hit him hard, just caught him the wrong way.
Yea, I know that all to well, I dislocated my shoulder once and it hurts, but they give you a pretty sturdy brace for it, only thing is the brace makes it harder to catch, but him being a runningback he shouldn't have to worry too much. I also found out it doesn't take much to break an ankle, I snapped my fibia and tibia, I think those are the two... the bones running from your knee to your ankle. Anyway, I snapped those in half, that hurt a lot, lol.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Old 08-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #11
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I'm putting all my faith in the Bengals as long as Carson Palmer is healthy by game 1. I'm not too impressed with what the hometown Lions have done this offseason.

Honestly I would have preferred they keep Joey Harrington, now they have no good QB. I mean, Kitna had one good year in Cinci and the rest of his career has been average. At least Joey's young and has potential, the West coast system just isn't right for him.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #12
Jae Onasi

Vasher--now there's a guy who did some really unexpected great things last season. How many did he run back for TDs? 80 million?

Jimbo and I are Ohio State (and secondarily Northwestern, and thirdly Wisconsin) fans.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #13
Phantom Joker
Rookie

Quote:
Jimbo and I are Ohio State (and secondarily Northwestern, and thirdly Wisconsin) fans.
Ohio State? Gah! I used to think you two had some class...

Missing: One warship with full complement. If found please contact W. Bligh.
Phantom Joker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #14
Jae Onasi

Oh, you must be a fan of "That School to the North". Ohio State students aren't allowed to say the M-word once they sign the acceptance letter to go to OSU.

@Hannibal--well, Jones is getting paid a decent salary to play whether he's happy or not. The guy ran for 1300 yards or so last season--he's got a very good chance at being starter unless the other 2 just blow him away at camp/pre-season play or he gets hurt again (heaven forbid).
I can't begin to explain why the Bears spent their pick on a running back when we have so many other positions that really needed more depth.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 08-08-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:46 AM   #15
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
well, if Big Ben doesn't get back on his crotch rocket, the Steelers stand a good chance of making it very far yet again. in all honesty, i believe that they could repeat if they can consistantly play as well as they did in the playoffs. if they revert to the way they played in the Super Bowl, well, i wouldn't count on them making it very far.

as for my other team, the Carolina Panthers, i'm looking forward to them making the Super Bowl this year. with a great recevier lining up across from the incredible Steve Smith, i believe that Carolina could easily have one of the most under-rated passing offenses in the league. i really believe that this could be the year Carolina wins the Super Bowl.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 05:29 AM   #16
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

^^^
Carolina lost me $1,000 in their last Superbowl appearence, therefore I am never cheering for them again, stupid Superbowl pool... *kicks dirt* and *pouts*

Old 08-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #17
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight_707
The Colts look promising, but they lost James, so Peyton will shoulder more of the responsibility.
I really don't think the loss of James will be that bad. He is a phenominal runner, when he is healthy. Problem is, he just misses too many games. Indy is a passing team anyway. Sure, you're not going to do well without a good running game and passing game, but the rest of their backs have been playing pretty well when James is out. I think they will be just fine.

Now, on to my team. Geaux SAINTS! Yep, Louisiana boy here. Grew up watching them, grew up crying into my pillow every sunday at 3pm. (Yea, I know. I made the same joke last year. heh)

Anyway, they had a great off season. They have a rookie head coach so they are bound to have a few problems. No rookie head coach has ever made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

However, the have made some very sweet roster moves this off season. Mr. number 2 of the draft, aka Reggie Bush. I'm one of the few people that kinda questioned this pick because of the great Deuce Mcallister. He did miss a good portion of last season due to injury, but it was the first time he missed more than a game or two because of getting hurt. More often then not, he dosen't put up the big plays until later in the season when he is hurt. heh. Do doubt though, Bush is a phenomon. With Bush and McAllister, they Saints running game will give defenses a lot of trouble this year. It will be interesting to see how things go next off season. I'd hate to see McAllister go, but it seems likely.

The other roster move I love is the acquisition of Drew Brees. Aaron Brooks put up great numbers. If you look at his stats, he looks like a great quarterback. Problem is, he made too many mistacks at the worst possible times. It seems the Saints finaly have a quartback that won't screw up when the team needs him. The only concern I have with Brees is if he will be able to be the excellent quarterback he was in San Diego. He really didn't start playing well until his job was in jeopardy with the drafting of Philip Rivers. I just hope he will be able to keep the form he had the last two seasons with San Diego and not revert to the way he played when he didn't have to worry about lossing his starting job. With the Saints, he is the unquestioned starter. More than that, he is looked upon by many as the savior of the position. It will be interesting to see how he reacts.

Anyway, I could go on and on about every roster move but those are the main ones. I'm very excited about this year and think the Saints will supprise a lot of people!

GEAUX SAINTS!

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #18
Jeff

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I think the combo of Reggie Bush and Duece McAlister will work out fine in New Orleans because in college Bush never had all of the carries anyways, he would carry 8-12 times per game usually I believe. And it should help take some of the load off of Duece.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #19
T.Nova
Rookie

I'm not sure if Bush will bring that much success to the Saints. The NFC South is a pretty fast division. I never thought of the PAC-10 as a particulary athletic conference, I believe that much of Reggie's success at USC was due to the fact that he could virtually outrun most of the players in the PAC-10.

However at the Rose Bowl, Reggie actually confronted some fast defence with Texas. And it shows when Reggie only had about 82 yds. Lendale had much more success due in part because of his power.

My Fan Fiction - Davik Kang : Rise to Power
T.Nova is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #20
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Go Bengals!

I also think Arizona will do well. Also, the Steelers will lose just because I don't like them.

And Dolphins will do just fine without Ricky Williams.

spoiler:
Plus he broke his arm playing in the CFL!

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #21
Jae Onasi

That's OK, Ricky Williams can't find the stadium in the first place through the fog of funky smelling smoke.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:02 AM   #22
Phantom Joker
Rookie

Quote:
Oh, you must be a fan of "That School to the North". Ohio State students aren't allowed to say the M-word once they sign the acceptance letter to go to OSU.
M-word? M-word...M-word... Miami University? Naw, my allegiances lay to the south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
And Dolphins will do just fine without Ricky Williams.
Better without him, in fact. Just think of the money they'll save on Twinkies alone.

Missing: One warship with full complement. If found please contact W. Bligh.
Phantom Joker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #23
Jae Onasi

Heard today that Maurice Clarett got arrested again. Here's one article. Talk about incredible talent that's been completely wasted. He was a great running back at Ohio State, and he should have stayed in college instead of trying to force the draft issue. I think he would have been able to stay pro if he'd had another year or 2 of college seasoning under his belt.

I'll never figure out why people think they can outrun cops on a highway. You might outrun an individual car, but you can't outrun the radio waves that let the cops several miles down the road know that you're coming.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #24
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

I can't believe my Broncs wasted a draft pick on that loser... pathetic

Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #25
Casso
Rookie

this could be the bears' year. No. 1 defense, strengthening passing game, top 10 running game. we could have it all this year. i hope to see us going deep into the playoffs. hey, maybe we'll even make a superbowl appearance or take home a big, shiny trophy.
Casso is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #26
RevanA4
Desu~

Hot Topic Starter 
Cowboys will be scary on Defense this year.

they were good last year after switching to a 3/4 defensive front.

and offense might me just as scary with, Terry glen, TO, and keshan (sp?)

Saber is so cute ^__^ | Get Firefox! | call me Revan for short plz
check out this awsome fic by Fuu
What browser do you use. click and vote. you can also discuss browsers here

Formerly known as Revan the great | Back from the dead
RevanA4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #27
Jeff

But I saw a thing this morning on sportscenter that showed all the cowbodys WRs, and besides Glen and TO, the other recievers didn't even have 50 catches combined for their careers. So that will put a lot of pressure on those 2 others. I hadn't been keeping up with them but they didn't include keyshawn johnson in the list, so i'm guessing he's gone.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #28
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casso
this could be the bears' year. No. 1 defense, strengthening passing game, top 10 running game. we could have it all this year. i hope to see us going deep into the playoffs. hey, maybe we'll even make a superbowl appearance or take home a big, shiny trophy.
If the offensive line can protect our QBs and our receivers can catch balls without dropping them, we have a decent chance. We've got some good RBs this year and the Bears are always better as a running team. We need our cornerbacks to be able to keep up better, too. Tillman got outrun quite a bit last year. They're not quite as fast as I'd like to see, but then again, if they can make big plays like Vasher, maybe the only thing they'll have to do is run fast towards the endzone after the interception.

We'll see how it goes this Friday against the 49ers.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #29
RevanA4
Desu~

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
But I saw a thing this morning on sportscenter that showed all the cowbodys WRs, and besides Glen and TO, the other recievers didn't even have 50 catches combined for their careers. So that will put a lot of pressure on those 2 others. I hadn't been keeping up with them but they didn't include keyshawn johnson in the list, so i'm guessing he's gone.
one can't discount Jason witten though. he has been thier lead receiver the last few years.

perhaps the most up in the air possition is the Running back. they have 3 great ones as is.

Saber is so cute ^__^ | Get Firefox! | call me Revan for short plz
check out this awsome fic by Fuu
What browser do you use. click and vote. you can also discuss browsers here

Formerly known as Revan the great | Back from the dead
RevanA4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #30
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan the great
and offense might me just as scary with, Terry glen, TO, and keshan (sp?)

Keyshawn Johnson was released by the Cowboys during the off season and signed with the Carolina Panthers. I think Dallas can handle only one bad boy at a time.

Your right Dallas should still have a very good team even without Keyshawn. If Terrell Owens can down size his ego for the betterment of the team that is. I hate Roy Williams (the DB) because he is from ou, but he is a great defensive player and to me makes their whole defense work.

This is great for Cowboy fans, but bad for me as my very favorite NFL team is the one beating the Cowboys that week.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #31
Casso
Rookie

Quote:
If the offensive line can protect our QBs and our receivers can catch balls without dropping them, we have a decent chance. We've got some good RBs this year and the Bears are always better as a running team. We need our cornerbacks to be able to keep up better, too. Tillman got outrun quite a bit last year. They're not quite as fast as I'd like to see, but then again, if they can make big plays like Vasher, maybe the only thing they'll have to do is run fast towards the endzone after the interception.

We'll see how it goes this Friday against the 49ers.

We signed Brian Greise, an estabolished vet QB. Maybe he'll take over Grossman's slot if he learns the offense and plays well enough. At least he'll be very good insurance. Also, Lovie and the rest of the Bears seem to be pretty optimistic about their young receivers stepping up and improving their games this year. Maybe our now more experienced corners will be able to get up to speed or at least compensate. All we can do is hope the offensive line will focus a bit more than last year.
You're right though, we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

The Panthers, Colts, Broncos, Cowboys, Steelers, Seahawks, Pats, and Cheifs will also be interesting to watch this year.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #32
T.Nova
Rookie

I'm actually looking at some of the younger, but more exciting teams this year. The Bengals, Giants, Dolphins, and Cardinals all have some established players on them.

Chances are Alexander and the Seahawks will fall victim to that Madden cover curse trend, you know how it is.

Well anyhow I'm hoping my Vikings have an awful season so we can pick up Brady Quinn or someone in next year's draft.

My Fan Fiction - Davik Kang : Rise to Power
T.Nova is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #33
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

I think that is the most underrated off-season acquisition this year, the Carolina Panthers picking up Keyshawn that is. Steve Smith is hands down the most dynamic wide reciever in the league right now, and with Keyshawn on the team, it will prevent other teams from doubleteaming either wideout. Also with Keyshawn they get a more physical reciever to help pick up blocks downfield for DeShawn Foster. Carolina could have a breakout year this season.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:30 AM   #34
Casso
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Nova
I'm actually looking at some of the younger, but more exciting teams this year. The Bengals, Giants, Dolphins, and Cardinals all have some established players on them.

Chances are Alexander and the Seahawks will fall victim to that Madden cover curse trend, you know how it is.
oh, of course. i knew i must have been forgetting two or four teams . silly me. heck, the falcons are even looking like they could really put something together this year. this is a good year for football. lots of teams have a real chance at making things happen.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #35
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
"Tonite's the night.
It's gonna be alright..."

Unfortunately for the fans, preseason is just a tease.
Lovie has already said he's only going to play Rex and most of the starters for only about 20 plays.

The reason for this is two fold.
1). We need no more injuries.
2). The coaching staff gets to take longer looks at the rookies and free agent hopefuls in game situations.

We'll probably see a bland, watered down game as Turner has mentioned that he doesn't want to expose too much too soon. Basic sets only. It's more of the offense just getting into a rhythm and working on eliminating mistakes.

Adrian Peterson will get the nod at running back tonite as Jones and Benson fight for a spot on the injury bench. I want to get a good look at Griese tonite and see what 5mil gets ya. We may see alot of Orton as well. He's pissed off and wants to show what he's got. I hope he's learned how to move his feet a bit faster.

I hope they can control Mike Brown tonite or there may be a homocide. He's itchin' to hit people as he didn't get to fill his quota from last year. He must catch up.

Rookies to watch:
Danieal Manning- Safety
Dusty Dvorcek- D tackle
Devin Hester- Punt returner
Runnels- Fullback

IT'S BEAR SEASON BABY! Whoooooooooooooo!
I'm gonna have to settle down a bit. The game isn't until 9pm my time.

I think I'll go work on my Campus Legend in NCAA '07.
Cygnus has taken over Madison. Campus popularity and GPA are through the roof. Not to mention, he's won the Heisman as a quarterback two years in a row. Last year as a Sophomore he finally won his first National Championship.
This year as a junior, he has his sights set on the school passing records.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #36
Jeff

Lions first preseason game tonight also, we'll see how they look...

I was listening to the sportstalk radio the past few days and they had some pretty interesting things to say I thought. Some of you may know the 2 out of the past 3 #1 draft picks for the Lions, both WRs, Charles Rogers and Mike Williams, have been busts so far and have had problems off the field. The Lions have a new coach this year, and these guys on the radio were saying that we'll see if this guy had what it takes to coach here if he does cut one or both of those recievers if they're poor perfomances continue. I think that would really show that he means business and doesn't care about the politics of "you can't cut matt millens #1 picks."

We'll see what happens I guess.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #37
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Aren't the Lions playing the Broncs, DM?

You're going down!!

Old 08-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #38
Jeff

I wouldn't be surprised though since it's preseason anybody can really win, the starters only play 1 quarter or less.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #39
REDJOHNNYMIKE
Destroyer of Burfday!

Location: Your liver... and a hobgoblin's jugular... simultaneously
*Hugz Jae and Jimbo* My People!!!
I didn't realize there were any Bucks outside of Ohio (and Tempe )
Seriously though, everywhere else seems to be full of people wearing mikuchinigon colors and begging for a beating.
spoiler:
Nagihcim is the Dark Side

hmmm...what was the topic again? Stupid paint vapors

Ahh yes, now I remember, ahem....

"Behold! As I was creating an artistic masterpiece from a previously uncared for domicile this morn, the chemically diverse evaporants (no doubt laced with midichlorians) seemed to rise from the walls and various decorative trimpieces as if lifted aloft by a thousand and five flying tigers, soaring juggernauts with an unstoppable momentum not of this world, I was instantaneously pulled crashing through the dimensional barriers and slit through the nets of time, I found myself in an unbeliveable realm where I could instantly comprehend the entirety of sporting history past, present, and even a few seconds past the beginning of a sport surpassing football, I ground to a halt at one particular moment...
I stood motionless as the clock ran out and an eternal army of orange and black rushed as a single civilization ending wave crashing onto a field of green to enjoy the spoils of a Superbowl Championship, and as a young woman wearing only a blue and yellow sweater got down on her knees and slowly undid the fly of my scarlet and grey shorts I looked upon my upcoming football season...
And it was good...
"
REDJOHNNYMIKE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2006, 01:57 AM   #40
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
I wouldn't be surprised though since it's preseason anybody can really win, the starters only play 1 quarter or less.
Doh, looks like the Lions won, I'll tell you what though, Cutler really impressed me in this game. BTW, love the sig, or at least the person featured in it

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > NFL 2006