lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Fic] The True Teachings III: Slumbering Army
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #41
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
awesomeness! im sorry i didnt check it out earlier, iggy, but i had a pair of hectic school days and i could read only noe. HK is very well portrayed and the storyline is amazing. i spotted a few grammos and typos, but they're minor. Keep it up!

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 04:25 AM   #42
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Chapter XIII

Eighty seven years earlier. Now that the two droids are in hybernation mode back on their ship and life at the Jedi Academy was slowly getting back to normal Luke could finally get back to his regular duties as the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Those regular duties included lectures, training sessions, sorting out the data received from the droids and, of course, spending time with his family.

Luke's son, Ben, was now about fourteen years old and he was well away in his Jedi training. He was currently away from the Academy, on a mission with his master, but he sent a lot of letters to his father and Luke finally got the chance to read them. He was just finishing the last one when Han came.

''Hey, Luke.'' He said in a half-whisper.

''Han. Everything alright?''

''Alright? Oh, yeah, besides losing a race to a four thousand year old junkheap and being incredibly embarassed and losing most of my self-esteem, everything is just fine.''

''I see.'' Luke tried to hold back the laughter.

''Oh, that's nice. Just great. Even you are laughing at me.''

''No, no. I apologize'', Luke said, ''So, what's next on the agenda?''

''Well, the Falcon is all fixed up and restocked, so I'm ready to head back to Coruscant.''

''Well, it's been nice seeing you. Tell me one thing, Han...''

''What's that?''

''Why did you really come here?''

''What do you mean?''

''I mean, the Falcon was all battered up when you came, what happened?''

''Oh, that. Well, I got into a little dispute with the Cavrilhu pirates.''

''And you didn't tell me this because...?''

''Well, I didn't wanna worry you, besides it's no big deal, a couple of shots were fired and I got away. They didn't follow me, don't worry.''

''Same old Han.'' Luke said.

''Always will be. Well, I gotta go, see you around.''

''Right. See you, Han.'' Luke said and Han left.

Days went by as ordinary as they could be. The students were training under the watchful eyes of their masters and life slowly went on. Luke was just finishing the sorting of all that information he got from HK-47 when he received an urgent call from the Medical Wing of the Jedi Academy. He rushed there as fast as he could. When he came in, doctor Ule was standing there, holding a datapad, the doctor's stance was one of utter confusion.

''Doctor Ule?'' Luke asked.

''Master Skywalker.'' The doctor said, ''You're here.''

''Yes. Your message said that there's some sort of emergency.'' Luke said with some confusion.

''Well, there is... sort of.'' The doctor said.

''What do you mean?'' Luke asked, his confusion growing by the minute.

''Well, something happened. I have absolutely no explanation for it, but...'' Ule paused.

''What? What is it?'' Luke asked.

''It's Dasha, Master Skywalker.'' Ule said.

''What about her? Is everything allright, doctor?'' Luke asked.

''That's the thing, Master Skywalker. Everything is just fine.'' Ule said with a slight smile.

''Good to hear.'' Luke said, ''Wait a minute... You're not saying...'' And then it hit him like a fist in the face. He restrained himself from using his mind reading abilities as a courtesy, which is why he was so stunned by it all.

''This morning Dasha woke up, Master Skywalker.'' Ule said, ''Fully recovered.''

''Amazing. So, she's allright now?'' Luke asked.

''She seems so. I have no idea how she recovered, but I have a feeling it has something to do with that thing you showed her. It seems it just needed time to work.'' Ule said.

''That's excellent news, doctor. Where is she? Can I see her?''

''She's still in her room, go on in.'' Ule said.

Luke approached the door to the small room to see Dasha sitting there calmly. She saw him and put on a mild smile. He entered.

''Master Skywalker.'' Dasha greeted him.

''How are you feeling?'' Luke asked.

''Fine. The doctors tell me I've been in a coma for a week and that before that I was in a delusional state.'' She said.

''Did they tell you how long have you been sick?'' Luke asked.

''Eleven years.'' She confirmed sadly, ''That thing, that... creature, or ghost, or whatever it was. It took eleven years of my life away from me.'' She sobbed.

''Listen carefully, Dasha. Master Katarn and I have read your journal and the journal from the Ebon Hawk. In the past few days we've had our share of strange and interesting events.'' Luke started.

''What happened?'' She asked.

''Well, for one thing, the Ebon Hawk is here. At the Academy.'' Luke said.

''You excavated it and you towed it here.'' She asked with excitement.

''Excavated, yes, but we didn't bring it here. The two droids that were still inside did that.'' Luke said.

''They were still operational? Remarkable.'' She said.

''Yes, one of our on-site engineers reactivated them.''

''So, where are they now?'' Dasha asked.

''They are in a hybernatory state, they will reactivate every five years... I'll fill you in on the details later, what's important now is that they've given us a huge amount of historical information and among it was something about your own discovery, the one that caused your illness.'' Luke said.

''What did you learn?'' She asked.

''We know now that it has something to do with an ancient cult of some sort. Something called the True Teachings. The Jedi Revan went on a distant and remote planet and defeated their leader and at that moment he foresaw a threat rising again in a distant future. I'm convinced now that the break in we had all those years ago and your illness were the work of that threat. Unfortunately, I don't know where he is, or how to stop him, so we'll have to rely ourselves on Revan's droids to do it.''

''The droids, Master Skywalker?''

''Yes. Apparently, Revan left them and the ship hidden so they could stop this dark threat when he shows himself.''

''You keep saying he, do you know who he is?'' Dasha asked.

''If I'm right, then the galaxy will face a being never before seen. A Force user, incredibly powerful in the Force, but immune to any Force attack.'' Luke said with a sense of dread.

Last edited by igyman; 09-06-2006 at 02:00 PM.
igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 05:54 AM   #43
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Another good chapter Igy.

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 07:10 AM   #44
igyman
Tension!

Thanks, there's only one more chapter left when this part of the fic is concerned, but I've already started working on the fourth part, so you won't have to wait too long until I start posting that one. And there'll be a lot more action in the fourth part, along with another mystery.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:18 AM   #45
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Awesome stuff, looking forward to it.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #46
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Good Chapter igyman. I noticed one error (Alright not Allright), but other than that it's fine. I'm suprised this part is finishing soon, since it seemed shorter than the others, but the Chapters seemed longer. I'm looking foward to the final Chapter and the fourth Part. Can you give us a Working Title and will it be the final Part?
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #47
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
(Alright not Allright)
Thanks, I didn't know that.

It seems shorter because when you look at it nothing much happens, but the number of chapters is the same as it was for the second part.
The fourth part will be the final part and the title will most likely be ''Fate of the Future''.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #48
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

very good chapter, iggy. you have a great skill at leaving cliffhangers. keep it up!

Old 09-07-2006, 05:56 AM   #49
igyman
Tension!

Epilogue

The present. Coruscant. The capital of the Second Galactic Empire. Still the place of many exciting events and the center of commerce, but ruled now by the Sith. During the planet's terraforming into Yuuzhan'tar, the Yuuzhan Vong crushed its moon and pulled the planet from its orbit, so it lay closer to the sun. Now, ninety seven years later, the planet has recovered, but the invasion will never be forgotten.

The planet's climate was now noticeably warmer and some sections of the city are still under reconstruction, some others will probably always remain terraformed. The city-planet was ruled by a tyrant's hand. A tyrant with a strange vision of a galaxy in order and his name was Darth Krayt. Nobody in the new Sith Order really knows who hides behind that Vonduun crab armor, but everyone of his Sith Order knows that he has survived for about a hundred years and only his trusted lieutenants know that he did it by spending a lot of time in stasis. His body has started to fail him, a strange disease slowly killing him, which is why he has made it his goal to find the mysterious Jedi who can bring people back to life.

Darth Krayt had a number of lieutenants, most important of all were Darth Wyyrlok, his second in command, then his two Hands Darth Nihl and Darth Talon and then there was Darth Maladi, Krayt's head of Intelligence. She was just bringing in the latest progress reports.

''...we have managed to capture and convert three more Jedi and five Imperial Knights, but we've found no clues as to the whereabouts of the mysterious Jedi you seek, or the former Emperor Roan Fel.'' Maladi reported.

''I see. Tell me, Maladi, what have you done at Abregado-rae?'' Krayt asked.

''Well, my lord...'' The Devaronian woman started.

''Yes, Maladi...'' Krayt knew he wasn't going to like it.

''We've organised an ambush for the person you sensed, but we failed.'' She said.

''He escaped?'' Krayt demanded.

''Not only did he escape, my lord, he also killed the entire smuggling group that lead us to him along with one of our agents. We're not sure about the exact circumstances surrounding the death of the other agent.'' Maladi said.

''You only sent two agents against him?!'' Krayt was furious.

''Y... yes, my lord. Two of our best on Abregado-rae. We figured that between the two of them and the smugglers our target wouldn't stand a chance.''

''You figured?'' Krayt held out his arm in a gripping stance and started to choke Maladi with the Force, ''Did I not tell you that this person is like nothing I've ever sensed before, or do my words mean nothing to you, Maladi!?''

''N... no, my lord... of course they do, but...'' she could barely speak.

''But nothing!! This is not the first time you've disappointed me, Maladi. I'd be careful if I were you. If you continue down that path, I might have to replace you. Now get out of my sight.'' Krayt released the Devaronian woman from his grip and she tumbled out of the Throne room.

''We must be extremely careful, Wyyrlok.'' Krayt said to his second in command a few minutes later, ''I sense that we haven't seen the last of this mysterious threat.''

''Threat, my lord?'' Wyyrlok said, ''Are you certain? Perhaps he can be turned to serve you.''

''No. I doubt it. You've heard how our agents and those smugglers died.''

''I have, my lord.'' Wyyrlok confirmed.

''Then you should know that this is someone extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. He must be found and stopped. The galaxy must be put in order and I am running out of time.'' Krayt said.

''Are you feeling well, my lord?''

''As well as it is possible, Wyyrlok. The disease in my body slowly spreads, we must find the Jedi-healer as soon as possible.''

''We are doing our best, my lord.'' Wyyrlok said.

''Also, reassign all available men to search for our Abregado-rae fugitive. When they find him, he must be killed.'' Krayt said.

Somewhere, on a hidden massive ship factory Ralik and his Lenari army dwelled. His armada slowly grew and the time when everything will be unfolded was approaching. The time when Ralik will fulfill his destiny.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #50
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Nice Epilogue igyman. I'm looking foward to the fourth Part. Will it always start with Coruscant, the present, etc? Either way, I'm looking foward to it and I hope it's longer.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #51
igyman
Tension!

Nope. The 'ten years after the Yuuzhan Vong war' story is finished. It just served as an explanation for HK's appearance and his role. The fourth part will entirely occur in the Legacy Era, some time after the second issue of the Legacy comics (I'm not telling exactly how much time after, because I don't want to spoil it) and after the Legacy Era events described in this part of the fic. Expect appearances of characters from the Legacy comics and of course Ralik, HK and maybe a few new ones.
(I actually picked that era because I'm not thrilled with the Legacy comics and I want to try to make a good story out of a cheesy one and do the same for those characters)

Old 09-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #52
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Sounds good. I've never read the Legacy Comics, so I don't know much.

Last edited by Pottsie; 09-07-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #53
igyman
Tension!

So what do you think of them? Personally, the way the characters act in those comics reminds me a little too much of Conan the Barbarian. I like the basic plot, just not how it's presented.
KoTOR comics on the other hand are much better. And I also liked those two KoTOR stories from Tales of the Jedi #23 and #24. I don't know if you've read those.

I don't know much either, but still I'm going to give it a shot. Maybe now, with all those new characters I can make a fic that has more than fifteen chapters (counting the prologue and epilogue).

Old 09-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #54
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
So what do you think of them? Personally, the way the characters act in those comics reminds me a little too much of Conan the Barbarian. I like the basic plot, just not how it's presented.
KoTOR comics on the other hand are much better. And I also liked those two KoTOR stories from Tales of the Jedi #23 and #24. I don't know if you've read those.

I don't know much either, but still I'm going to give it a shot. Maybe now, with all those new characters I can make a fic that has more than fifteen chapters (counting the prologue and epilogue).
Sorry, I meant I haven't read them (I'm tired sorry, editing Post now). Anyway, I await Part Four.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #55
igyman
Tension!

Ah, well if you're interested in those characters you might want to check it out at wookieepedia.

As for the fourth part, like with these I've written so far, it will take me at least a week to finish it, so expect it at the end of next week.

Last edited by igyman; 09-08-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #56
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Great end to this part. Looking forward to the next and hope its up soon ... I want to find out what going to happen with HK and T3 and the armada Ralik is forming. Haha, no pressure though lol.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:56 AM   #57
igyman
Tension!

Thanks. Like I said, I'll probably finish it by next thursday, or friday. There's a lot characters to work with and I have to think of a good way to fit them into the story.

Anyway, for those who haven't read the Legacy comics and are interested in the characters, here's a list of names you can search on wookieepedia (or maybe somewhere else):

Cade Skywalker
Kol Skywalker
Jariah Syn
Deliah Blue
Rav
Roan Fel
Marasiah Fel
Shado Vao
Astraal Vao
Darth Krayt
Darth Talon
Darth Nihl
Darth Wyyrlok
Darth Maladi
Darth Stryfe

That's enough for now, gotta get back to writing.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #58
Darth Jester
Rookie

Good work I love the way you have captured HK's personality, cant wait for the next chapter keep it up
Darth Jester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #59
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

uh, dude, Epilogue means 'last chapter'
excellent job, iggy. you have improved lots since your first fic. i cant wait for the supposed-action-packed 4th part
now i had better get back to writing myself before you n00bs steal my glory j/k

Old 09-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #60
igyman
Tension!

You do that. You know I was wondering what's up with ''Assassination Protocols''.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #61
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
You do that. You know I was wondering what's up with ''Assassination Protocols''.
And Galactic Conquest.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:34 AM   #62
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

well, its been quite a while, and i have to re-read all i've written to get the ideas flowing again, so, it might take a little more time. but i'll get it up.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #63
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
My pleasure to say once again a good fic and a question do you belive Jacen Solo is Darth Krayt?

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #64
igyman
Tension!

You'll find that out if you read part four. To be a little more precise, I'll post a chapter tomorrow (or should I say later today) which will answer your question.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > [Fic] The True Teachings III: Slumbering Army