lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bastila and Fem Revan, the untold Love Story
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-24-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Master Kavar

[K1] Bastila and Fem Revan, the untold Love Story

Bastila and Fem Revan, the untold Love Story

I've always enjoyed playing the game from the female Revan's point of view, but that meant always missing out on the classic story of love and redemption between Revan and Bastila. Then I began to think; if the female PC can choose between a romance with Carth or Juhani, why not Bastila too?

My mod will allow you to persue Bastila, with all new dialogue choices exclusive to the fem PC. In addition, I've thrown in a few extra files that lets you get just as flirty with some women as the male PC was able to.

This is my first mod made available to the public; I hope you enjoy it, and leave your comments.

Downloads:
Download from FileFront
Download from PCGamemods (currently down)
Download from LucasFiles
Download from KotOR II Files *Updated Version!*

Pictures:
Buy a Sith girl a drink
Getting a massage
Rahasia's reward
Bonding with Bastila
Yuthura's friend
Unlikely partners

Special thanks to:
  • Fred Tetra, for the KOTOR Tool. Without which I could never have started modding
  • TK102, for his dialogue editor, for making this mod possible
  • Holowan Laboratories, for providing a friendly and helpful community for newbs like me :P
  • KOTOR Fan Media, and the Bastila Lovers Club, for unleashing plot Gizkas in my brain. (www.kotorfanmedia.com)

Last edited by Master Kavar; 12-06-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
Awesome mod, but just a little bit creepy! Hahaha

I have defied gods and demons.
I am your shield, I am your sword.
I know you; your past, your future.
This is the way the world ends...
-----------------------------------------
TAC-F v2.0 | Ubese Assassin's Armor | TSL: Warp Console v1.0 | Auto K1 DS Transitioning | Deralia Spaceport[TSL&K1] | Kotor2Files.com Co.Manager | K1RP: Kotor I Restoration Project
SithRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
Master Kavar

Creepy eh? Good thing I didn't show you my gay Revan and Jolee romance mod then...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #4
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Kavar
Creepy eh? Good thing I didn't show you my gay Revan and Jolee romance mod then...
... yes it is a very good thing indeed... anywho, grats on your mod release

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
SithRevan
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Please never do that...it will cause SERIOUS laughter on my part, and a Sith Lord can't be seen cracking up (Hehehe!). Still good job though, and I look forward to seeing really funny (and a little bit wierd) things come out of this!

I have defied gods and demons.
I am your shield, I am your sword.
I know you; your past, your future.
This is the way the world ends...
-----------------------------------------
TAC-F v2.0 | Ubese Assassin's Armor | TSL: Warp Console v1.0 | Auto K1 DS Transitioning | Deralia Spaceport[TSL&K1] | Kotor2Files.com Co.Manager | K1RP: Kotor I Restoration Project

Last edited by SithRevan; 08-25-2006 at 12:29 AM.
SithRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
lord ignarn

Good, no more KSE using!!... Err, I mean oh, great, and with some more content, horay, horay... Seriosly, great work, Master Kavar, I hope you make more little jewels like this. A new k1 gameplay awaits me now!!

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way to get lost When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. This is the first and cardinal rule of combat. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself..."

Hattori Hanzo.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 AM   #7
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
So what does Revan see in Jolee in your romance mod. Couldn't be what Jolee talks about in this statement.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 02:30 AM   #8
Hoplite28
Rookie

How do the NPCs react? Like did you reuse random dialog scripts for the NPCs so that their dialogues still have voices and lip movements after you use your new more flirtatous dialog options?
Hoplite28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
Princess Artemis

I'm nabbing this to see how it works...heh, maybe I won't have to play a male Revan to see the Bastila romance options now.

Princess Artemis -- Telosian Archives -- KotOR stuff, including mods.
Princess Artemis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 10:58 AM   #10
Liit Orda
Rookie

Has everything that refers to Revan as male been deleted?

I distinctly recall Bastilla referring to Revan as a male in one of the conversations during the romance?

I need to make a sig...
Liit Orda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
Master Kavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite28
How do the NPCs react? Like did you reuse random dialog scripts for the NPCs so that their dialogues still have voices and lip movements after you use your new more flirtatous dialog options?
There's only one case where the NPC's will react to your womanizing, and that's when you're getting a "massage" from Davik's Twi'lek slave girls. It was a little tricky, but I managed to get around Bastila chiding the supposed male PC by having Canderous say "Now this is my kinda place!", then it seems like Bastila is talking to him when she says "How typically male." The only person who doesn't have a voice over in that scene is Mission, so I pretended she was whispering a snarky remark. The rest are VO by using the lines they were supposed to say there, or in the case of Zaalbar and T3, I just added random noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Artemis
I'm nabbing this to see how it works...heh, maybe I won't have to play a male Revan to see the Bastila romance options now.
That's the idea. The whole point was I prefer playing Revan as a woman myself, but I hate missing out on the Bastila romance. When I started though I thought the pick up lines Revan used were pretty juvenile, so I re-wrote them for her. Hopefully they'll come off less cheesy.

Quote:
Has everything that refers to Revan as male been deleted?

I distinctly recall Bastilla referring to Revan as a male in one of the conversations during the romance?
It happens quite a few times actually, and it was quite a headache. I did the best I could, but I was committed to not making up new lines that wouldn't have VO's, because I wanted the whole thing to feel natural.

There are still a small amount of references to a male Revan, but I tried to get around that with some clever writing, for example:

Bastila: You're like no man I've ever known before.
Revan: No man you've known before cares for you as much as I do.

Whether or not it will be convincing or not, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. There was also a line on the Rakatan Temple that was a problem (about Bastila saying the only man she could love) but there was no way around it. The rest of the lines are surprisingly ambigious, considering it was supposed to be a male only romance.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #12
Kha
Rookie

I've never manage to finish Taris with a male pc, but I was curious about Bastila's romance... so downloading now!!
Thanks for sharing!

"Who we are depends on who we create ourselves to be."

My Kotor Mods
Kha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #13
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Downloaded this last week and have since played through most of KOTOR with the mod installed. I have to say you did a very good job with this mod. I found it very well done and it gave me a few chuckles. Again great job and thanks for sharing with the rest of us.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
Master Kavar

I'm glad to hear you liked it mimartin, yours is the first feedback I've recieved on actually using my mod so far (even with 245+ downloads thus far. @_@). If you liked the writing and got a laugh, then I know I did my job. XD
Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
Master Kavar

Sorry for the double-post, but I just wanted to say that you can now get this mod on LucasFiles as well, it's linked on the first post. Have fun
Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #16
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I haven't actually taken a look at this, since as a male PC player, I'd have little use for it anyway, but I suggest you make a similar mod, except it gives the same homosexual options you gave to the female PCs to male PCs. Trust me, it will likely be just as popular, not that I'd use it myself.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #17
Master Kavar

Thanks for your suggestion Alkonium, but a MRevan/Carth mod just doesn't appeal to me. Besides if I made it my way, it would be nothing but Revan using his bad pick up lines on Carth, and getting brushed off comically. I'm not the best candidate to make that mod.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:55 AM   #18
Liit Orda
Rookie

Quote:
...it would be nothing but Revan using his bad pick up lines on Carth, and getting brushed off comically.
I'm tempted to say that'd make an amusing 'piss off Carth' mod...

I need to make a sig...
Liit Orda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #19
sahickerson
Lurker

Great job Master Kavar. Just finished my first playthrough and you did a good job covering the male references made by Bastila. Was nice as I also play Revan as female as well and it bugged me that Juhani fell for me but not Bastila. Oh well, thanks for another reason to play Kotor again.
sahickerson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #20
OfficerDonNZ
Rookie

Saw this mod so had to down load it as I always play a female Revann even though I'm a guy I'm just doing a playthrough now with it and I have to say it's a real hoot can Carth handel the compertion from the Jedi Princess? Very well done from what i've played so far.
OfficerDonNZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #21
shamelessposer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium
I haven't actually taken a look at this, since as a male PC player, I'd have little use for it anyway, but I suggest you make a similar mod, except it gives the same homosexual options you gave to the female PCs to male PCs. Trust me, it will likely be just as popular, not that I'd use it myself.
I've been tempted to make something like this myself, but it would be a royal pain in more ways than the Bastila and Female Revan mod. Look at the number of times Carth calls the female Revan "sister" or "woman," and it's about eleventy billion times more often than most of Bastila's dialog options.

But there might be a way to get around it with very, very creative dialog changes and maybe some sound editing.

Or you can go the super-offensive option of just assuming that Carth is constantly talking in swish.

EDIT: And, although I haven't played it yet, I'd have to commend Kavar for what sounds like a functional and tastefully-done mod.

This one's SUPER LUCKY!

You can't change someone's mind, but you can change whether or not you see their posts. Learn to love your ignore list.
shamelessposer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #22
Quatra
Rookie

I have one little problem. When Bastila talk, i have to click so she can say the other line. Example, she reads the text and when it's finish, she doesn't continue. I have to click to make her continue.
Quatra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #23
Master Kavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatra
I have one little problem. When Bastila talk, i have to click so she can say the other line. Example, she reads the text and when it's finish, she doesn't continue. I have to click to make her continue.
I actually addressed this problem in the read-me file packed with the mod; this seems to be a bug that occurs whenever a dialogue file is edited, and as far as I know there isn't any way to fix it.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:58 AM   #24
mavs283
Lurker

This was a really well done mod, and I've gotten as far as Bastilla getting told about her mother, and it's looking funny so far. I also think you should do this for K2 too if you're looking for another mod to make, Master Kavar, as I haven't ever played thru completely as a female because I hate the desciple. Keep up the good work.
mavs283 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2006, 04:39 AM   #25
Master Kavar

Thanks for your feedback mavs283, but a similar mod for TSL's seems completly unecessary. The Handmaiden is meant to fall in love with the PC regardless, so if you just use a mod to get her instead of Disciple than you already have an "alternate romance" mod. And as long as you took the Handmaiden, you'll get Visas to declare her love for you by default, because the Disciple isn't there for his pep-talk.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #26
impakt
Lurker

Have you added any new parts to the romance after you kiss Bastila? Is it worth talking to her after the kiss, or should I wait for the scene at the end to get more out of it?
impakt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2006, 08:31 PM   #27
Master Kavar

No, nothing was added after the kiss scene. I wanted to keep it as close to the original Revan/Bastila romance as possible in that regard. But worse, as I recall there is a glitch in the game that causes all of your romance "points" with her to dissapear if you talk to her after that scene. I don't know what causes that glitch in the original version, but it's probably safe to assume it's still present.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #28
impakt
Lurker

Ok, thanks for the answer. I've enjoyed your little mod so far
It would be cool to make another mod with a much deeper and longer romantic main-plot, including all sexes of course. I guess I'm a sucker for romance in games, it gets me more into my characters and the story.
impakt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #29
Sato Sparhawk
Rookie

Great Mod

In some of the parts I laughed so hard I gave myself a headache
Sato Sparhawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2006, 03:39 AM   #30
Wang Lightning
Lurker

This sounds like a fairly cool change, but theres only one issue. Even though you mention Allronix's dialog pack in the readme, there appears to be a conflict with it. Do the changes you made to "k_hbas_dialog.dlg" actually conflict with Allronix's pack? Or did you make many of the same changes, making it ok to overwrite.
Wang Lightning is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #31
Master Kavar

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the two mods aren't completly compatible. Allronix's dialogue pack adds more dialogue options for the female character (non-romantic), and thus that file itself isn't compatible with mine. If you want to use both, just copy all of the files in Allronix's mod, except the one labelled for Bastila. Then add mine, and voila.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #32
bdjkn
Lurker

About time a mod like this was made.

A welcome reason to play Kotor once again. Thanks for sharing your work.
bdjkn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #33
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
This mod has a new home.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ve_Story;73255

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 AM   #34
MdKnightR

I didn't see where this was brought up, so I apologize if I missed it......With this mod installed, do you still have the option of pursuing a Carth romance?

MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #35
Shotgunner
Rookie

Its great to see a dose of reality dropped into the KOTOR universe. And, like bdjkn, I welcome a reason to play KOTOR 1 again.
Shotgunner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #36
Master Kavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdKnightR
I didn't see where this was brought up, so I apologize if I missed it......With this mod installed, do you still have the option of pursuing a Carth romance?
Yes you do. My mod just allows you to persue Bastila, it doesn't remove anything. You can complete as little or as much of the romance stories as you want...heck, you could date Carth, Bastila, and Juhani all at the same time if you wanted. (Not that I recommend it...Juhani seems like the jealous type)
Old 01-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #37
MdKnightR

Cool. Going into my Override right now!

MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #38
Mercury314
Lurker

There appears to be a bug in the mod. The conversation with Sarna (who the hell is Sarna? The sith girl that invites you to the party) has an improper ending at the party itself.

The problem is as follows:

Instead of everyone passing out, you get handed a Sith base keycard. Which is silly.

The fix is as follows:

In the tar02_sarna21.dlg file, at the end of the branch "Hey you made it! I was beginning to ..." you have to remove the script k_ptar_sarna99a and add the sound file _m02adsarn07011_

Next, you have to add an additional node with no text. When the player selects this, it should fire the script k_ptar_partyover.

This will cause the events to run out correctly, and everyone will pass out, allowing you to steal the uniform as it was intended.

I've tried this solution and it works properly. If you need any more help, feel free to ask.

Thank you for crediting me in the new versions readme ^_^
Mercury314 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #39
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Thank you Master Kavar for an excellent mod and to Mecrury314 for the bug fix.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #40
TLM20
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamelessposer
I've been tempted to make something like this myself, but it would be a royal pain in more ways than the Bastila and Female Revan mod. Look at the number of times Carth calls the female Revan "sister" or "woman," and it's about eleventy billion times more often than most of Bastila's dialog options.

well in a way only the "woman" references need to be cut lol, if it turned out that Carth was gay maybe he would call guys "sister"?

make a mod like this it would crack me up , and of course i love carth

bastila and fem revan was superbly done btw, grats

Last edited by TLM20; 02-18-2007 at 06:58 AM.
TLM20 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Bastila and Fem Revan, the untold Love Story