lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: df2jk/mots remake
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
andysaj
Lurker

df2jk/mots remake

Has anyone heard anything about lucas arts redoing jedi knight and mysteries of the sith. both are great games but i think they would look even more amazine with an updated version. anyone else agree?
andysaj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Nope, haven't heard a word about anything official. Where did you hear it? At this point this is wishful thinking.

However there are some fans unofficially redoing the models in high poly and with 16 bit textures, redoing the explosion animations, removing engine limits and other things over at JKhub.net (check out "JK Enhanced" Project there!). The best thing about JKE is that it aims to be compatible with the existing game (meaning you can join a server even if they don't have the enhanced stuff running).

The previous beta was fully compatible, but the latest beta requires everyone to have it for it to work. Currently it's only for JK, but is planned to be adapted to MotS eventually.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
andysaj
Lurker

I havn't heard anything either, how ever i have seen a group redo the darkforces game as a mod for jedi academy. I would think there is a big enough fan base for lucas arts to do an offical updated version of jk/mots.

Last edited by andysaj; 07-17-2006 at 03:33 PM.
andysaj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
Lomall
Rookie

Its been some time but last I saw there was one in the works. After reading the site it sounded like they are not very organized so it may be dead. I think it said something about working with the mod team for Dark Forces. You might want to start with their website to continue your search. There was no mention of Mysteries Of The Sith.

Sorry I can't be any more help. I am at work and stuck behind a very strong filter.
Lomall is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #5
Upgrade

yes mostly the best you can do is get a demo of one of the df2 or mots maps for jk2. You know its a mod that someone makes and its a demo of one of the df2 of mots maps.
  you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > df2jk/mots remake