lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lando's choice - do you agree?
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-14-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
rad-x

Lando's choice - do you agree?

I've always thought to myself, If I could have traded a friend for the preservation of highly populated and smashing city which I loved, what would U have chosen.
And am I the only person who could if not totally agree (which I probably do), almost completely sympathize with his decison.

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!
rad-x is offline   you may:
Old 06-15-2003, 01:40 AM   #2
Carbon_sleeper

Hot Topic Starter 
I know what you mean. Really, I really think it's even worse than that. It's either choose to MAYBE save your city and your life by not getting in the way while they capture your friend... or die and then they capture him anyway. I don't think Lando had much of a choice at all.

"The Sith always tell the truth. The Jedi lie on every convenience. Odd."
Carbon_sleeper is offline   you may:
Old 06-16-2003, 10:59 AM   #3
OmegaNothing

He had to think of the lives of his people, and he already had something planned to rescue Han and co. anyway.
OmegaNothing is offline   you may:
Old 06-16-2003, 11:35 AM   #4
Clemme w/Stick
Forum Guest

Hmm, both of you have a good point.
OmegaNothing has the point of the ppl of Bespin, and Carbon have the point that he really didnt have a choice after all.
I dont agree with his choice, but Lando didnt really make the choice GL made it for him. Technically speaking Lando just did what he was told to do.
So the real question should have been "GL's choice - Do you agree?".

-Clemme

Thx for the sig/av combo GothiX
Clemme w/Stick is offline   you may:
Old 06-28-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
pleto4_ryan

As said...he couldn't do anything else....

But as trust friend he had a plant ot save Han

"They've come to witness the Beginning.
The rebirth of Paradise, despoiled by mankind."
Claudia

A journey of a 1000 battles, begins with a single blow.

Un-break my heart...
pleto4_ryan is offline   you may:
Old 07-01-2003, 01:50 AM   #6
Tufkad

It was the right choice. Had he made the other choice the entire city, including himself, han, leia, and luke (well, maybe?), the droids, and chewie would all be dead.

-Tufkad
Tufkad is offline   you may:
Old 07-01-2003, 02:00 AM   #7
Carbon_sleeper

Hot Topic Starter 
I've been thinking (uh oh)....

Lando: "That was never a part of our agreement! Neither was giving Han to this bounty hunter!"

Vader: "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

My question... If Leia and Chewie weren't supposed to be left on Bespin, and Han wasn't supposed to be turned over to Fett, then what exactly was the deal, in regards to Han, Chewie and Leia? Were they originally supposed to be set free? If that's the case, I don't see how Lando betrayed any of them. I mean, he didn't know anyone named Skywalker and had no obligation to help him. Han was his friend, not luke.

"The Sith always tell the truth. The Jedi lie on every convenience. Odd."
Carbon_sleeper is offline   you may:
Old 07-01-2003, 04:30 AM   #8
Tufkad

I guess you're right. Lando thinks that Leia, Solo and the wookie will only be used as bait, then given back after Skywalker arrives. Maybe had he known the deal he wouldn't have done it?

-Tufkad
Old 07-02-2003, 04:29 PM   #9
Jedi Skywalker

Location: Look behind you, if you hear a lightsaber hiss and a purple balze.....you're too late!
Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon_sleeper
I've been thinking (uh oh)....

Lando: "That was never a part of our agreement! Neither was giving Han to this bounty hunter!"

Vader: "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

My question... If Leia and Chewie weren't supposed to be left on Bespin, and Han wasn't supposed to be turned over to Fett, then what exactly was the deal, in regards to Han, Chewie and Leia? Were they originally supposed to be set free? If that's the case, I don't see how Lando betrayed any of them. I mean, he didn't know anyone named Skywalker and had no obligation to help him. Han was his friend, not luke.
Indeed, a really good point, what was the deal Lando made with Vader? What was discussed regarding Leia, Han and Chewie???

Looking for me? Well, here you can find me!

www.echonetwork.net
www.jediknightiii.board.dk3.com/2/
Jedi Skywalker is offline   you may:
Old 07-03-2003, 03:21 AM   #10
benTantilles

hmm...i guess his deal was to play a part in capturing han solo & co for the purpose of baiting some guy named skywalker, after which they'd be freed . vader, in all his evilness & treachery, twisted the deal to involve the permanent detention of leia & chewie and the handing over of han to fett.

as to whether he made the right choice, i am of the opinion that, yes, he indeed made the more practical & correct choice for the reasons u all have stated.

Quote:
If that's the case, I don't see how Lando betrayed any of them.
he betrayed them by giving them to vader in the first place. regardless of whether he intended them to be freed later, by handing them over to vader alone, he committed an act of betrayal. i think that han, leia & chewie, in all their humanity (as in, everybody's human) came down a little hard on lando for his act of betrayal, given his lack of choice.

Words of Appreciation from fans -"benT, for creating this thread you should be dipped in honey and auctioned on a gay website..... "
benTantilles is offline   you may:
Old 07-03-2003, 07:26 AM   #11
Tufkad

Actually he didn't make a choice at all.

"I had no choice" to quote Lando.

He was just following orders from the guy pointing a gun to his head. (er.. lightsaber? they didn't show the negotiations...)

-Tufkad
Old 07-06-2003, 12:15 PM   #12
OmegaNothing

Well he did have a choice, the lives of his people or the life of his friend.....
OmegaNothing is offline   you may:
Old 11-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #13
mivoci1
Rookie

I do not agree with Lando's decision

If you only knew the power of the Dark Side.
mivoci1 is offline   you may:
Old 11-15-2006, 01:35 AM   #14
coupes.
★★★★★

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
Quite funny mivoci1... not

Seriously though, spamming like isn't really appreciated and it doesn't exactly make you look very sharp. Don't do it again, thank you.
coupes. is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Original Trilogy > Lando's choice - do you agree?