lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tech Help needed
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Toliver
Rookie

Tech Help needed

I reinstalled the game on my computer recently (WinXP Pro, service pack 2) and have a problem during game play.
What happens is that while playing the game, all of a sudden I find myself back out on my Desktop. When I go back into the game (by clicking on the game which is minimized on the Taskbar) it says something like "We paused the game while you were away" and I click on "Okay" to pick up right where I was when I got kicked out to the Desktop.
This happens repeatedly.
I am using a Logitech controller (through USB) for gameplay.
I thought it might be my screen saver trying to kick in so I turned it off. But the "kicked-out-to-the-Desktop" thing keeps happening.
I've played the game before on the same computer and this problem didn't happen then.
I know the problem isn't with the game but has to be something happen in my computer. Although I have Norton AntiVirus running, it can't be NAV becuase my computer has always had it running from Day One.
The one thing it might be is I have SpySweeper installed and it's always active. Could that be what's kicking me out to the Desktop?
Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have a suggestion for figuring out what is causing this?
Toliver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Ray_the_psychic
Veteran

Turn spysweeper off and see what happens. Try playing without the logitech? I dunno. Just turn spysweeper off and see what happens.

You have the insanity of a MANATEE!!!!!!11

I gotta car and now I'm on da road. Watch out highway, here I come!!!!
Ray_the_psychic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
Toliver
Rookie

Just a followup to my problem...
Last night I shut off SpySweeper before launching Psychonauts and didn't have the "kicked-out-to-the-Desktop" problem again.
I guess it helps to shut off extraneous programs before playing the game.
Lesson learned.
Toliver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Ray_the_psychic
Veteran

Glad i could help.

You have the insanity of a MANATEE!!!!!!11

I gotta car and now I'm on da road. Watch out highway, here I come!!!!
Ray_the_psychic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Ford Cruller's Bacon Support > Tech Help needed