lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Orbital Bombardment
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-23-2006, 08:57 AM   #41
Darth Ablett
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anarch
That's a good point. So I'm assuming that you'll have bombing runs up until you get ISDs/Mon Calamari cruisers, which should be at Tech level 4. Or maybe you'll get it at Tech 3 (Victorys and Assault Frigates).
I was thinking you could have both, why not? If you remove bombing runs, that means the rebels lose the destructive power of the y-wings, not replaced by anything similar.

I reckon you'll have both - you know you want it too.

Darth Ablett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #42
ImpElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ablett
I was thinking you could have both, why not? If you remove bombing runs, that means the rebels lose the destructive power of the y-wings, not replaced by anything similar.

Lol, we'll just have to wait and see

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

ImpElite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #43
Darth Anarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ablett

Very true; I hadn't thought of that. Let's hope for both, then. If that's the case, I imagine orbital bombardments will have a much slower recharge rate than bombing runs.

That made me think of something else: Does anyone think there should be different recharge times (on orbital bombardments) for the different factions, seeing as how the bombardments work in different ways? I'd say that the Rebel OB, doing no actual damage, should become available again more quickly than the other two kinds.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #44
ImpElite

Quote:
Very true; I hadn't thought of that. Let's hope for both, then. If that's the case, I imagine orbital bombardments will have a much slower recharge rate than bombing runs.

That made me think of something else: Does anyone think there should be different recharge times (on orbital bombardments) for the different factions, seeing as how the bombardments work in different ways? I'd say that the Rebel OB, doing no actual damage, should become available again more quickly than the other two kinds.
True but we might end up getting another overpowered ion weapon for the rebels. (though since I play rebels most of the time I don't really mind lol)

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

ImpElite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #45
Darth Ablett
Rookie

Quote:

That would be good - slower times for a powerful effect. I can imagine that the orbital bombadments will be close to a one-off in any land tactical battle, like in a semi-long GC land battle you might use 2-3 bombing runs but just get 1 OB.

The different recharge times is also a good point: I don't think the Imperials should be able to devastate bases with the same regularity as an Ion Blast. Although, if they have a massive fleet the time will probably decrease a la bombing runs.

This also brings up another question (slightly Off-Topic): what will the bombers for the Consortium be? Skiprays?

Old 09-24-2006, 06:55 AM   #46
Darth Anarch

Yes, I think it'll be Skiprays. Wasn't there a screenshot somewhere recently of Skiprays flying over a ground battle?

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Old 09-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #47
Darth Ablett
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, I think it'll be Skiprays. Wasn't there a screenshot somewhere recently of Skiprays flying over a ground battle?
I think there was one in Cain's set over at Petro Fan Forums. I'm pretty sure that's the case then, cool.

I think this Orbital Bombardment thing has just about been fleshed out as much as it can without seeing anything new - which I doubt we will since FoC comes out so soon.

All this talk has got me excited that things haven't been rushed in to appease the fans without adding anything to the gameplay; that every addition will add depth - especially necessary for ground combat as that is the most procedural aspect of EaW IMO.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #48
Boba Fett 1991
Rookie

Maybe the recharge time doesn't just differ from OB and BR but each faction's OB has a separate recharge time.
Boba Fett 1991 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #49
Darth Anarch

Yes, that's what I said in post #43, above. Since each faction gets a different effect, they ought to have different recharge times.

-- George Carlin
Old 09-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #50
Boba Fett 1991
Rookie

Ah, I hadn't noticed. YOu truly must be a skilled tactian Anarch, especcially seeing some of your other posts.
Boba Fett 1991 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > Orbital Bombardment