lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Fic] The True Teachings IV: Fate of the Future
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #41
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Another good Chapter igyman. I'm looking foward to more.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #42
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Thanks, Pottsie. The second chapter for today will be posted in a few minutes.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #43
igyman
Tension!

Chapter XII

''Examine all obstacles carefully. With a little ingenuity, they can often be turned into levers.''
– Grand Admiral Thrawn

''Damn it.'' Marasiah cursed after hearing the news.

It was evening. Both Marasiah and the three Imperial Knights did their tasks, but the results weren't satisfying. It is amazing with what speed they all managed to finish it, beside their usual obligations.

''So that's it?'' Marasiah spoke a moment later.

''We're on our own.'' Sigel confirmed with equal disappointment.

''I can't believe it.'' Marasiah said, ''Not one soldier and not one Imperial Knight is willing to help us.''

''They blindly trust in your fathers tactics.'' Draco explained as calmly as possible.

''They have agreed though to keep our proposition to themselves.'' Ganner added, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

''Meaning they won't report it to my father. Well, that's something.'' The Princess said grimly.

''The only question left is what now?'' Draco pointed out.

''If you three are willing, the four of us could go to Coruscant and perform the mission ourselves.'' Marasiah suggested with some reservation.

''I say we do it. Even if we fail, we will die with the satisfaction that we did all we could.'' Sigel almost shouted out.

''And we will take as many Sith as we can with us.'' Ganner Krieg eagerly agreed.

''We are with you, Princess.'' Draco confirmed calmly.

''Excellent. Meet me on the landing pad tonight at midnight. It's when the guards' shifts change. A perfect moment for us to sneak out.'' Marasiah said.

The three nodded in agreement, said goodbye and left to finish their regular duties. There was a lot to do and there wasn't much time to do it.

The first thing Marasiah did was prepare her own lightsaber. She too was a trained Knight after all. As all Imperial Knights Marasiah too carried a silver bladed lightsaber. The identical lightsabers represented a symbol of loyalty to the Emperor and a symbol of the Emperor's greatness, the Emperor always came first. Always, except for this time. Now the galaxy came first. It was rather ironical, but it was necessary. Marasiah only hoped that, when her father eventually realizes what they had done, he will gather the courage and reason to bring his fleet to Coruscant and help them.

Sigel Dare spent the few hours she had burried in paperwork. Reports, plans, orders, it all had to be signed, approved and filed. A very unusual work for an Imperial Knight. What little time she had left after that she spent in her room. She didn't have much to bring with her. Her lightsaber, the Imperial Knight uniform she was wearing and a pair of casual clothes, for the needs of subterfuge.

Ganner Krieg was in his office. Although he said he was with them, he didn't completely agree with what they were planning, but Antares was his friend and the Princess' safety was his duty, as it was the duty of any other Imperial Knight. He would be there for them and, if needed, give his life in the process.

Antares Draco, the leader of the Imperial Knights, the most trusted and most devoted of them all. He would obey the Emperor's wishes and give his life for the Emperor without regret, but now he was about to do something that completely opposed his convictions. He would go against the Emperor's wishes. It was betrayal, but it was for the good of the galaxy and for the good of Fel's Empire. This is what Draco told himself during his meditation in these few hours. It was almost time to go. Draco said a quick prayer for his other three companions and another for ther Emperor. He stood up, took his lightsaber and attached it to his belt, then he took his small bag and departed.

Midnight came. The sun disappeared over the horizon and the sky changed its color from orange-yellow to dark blue. Marasiah was waiting at the ship's entry ramp. She kept herself busy in the last few hours by fitting a cloaking generator aboard her private transport shuttle. The cloaking shield had its flaws, as it was never fully developed. It blocked sensor signals from penetrating it from the outside, but unlike the older versions it didn't block out the signal of the sensors from the ship it was installed on. The downside was that the generator could work for only ten minutes, then it would shutdown and recharge, which took another ten minutes.

The three Imperial Knights arrived as was agreed. Each of them in their full uniform and each of them carrying a small bag, presumably with some inconspicuous clothes. Marasiah waved to them and they quickly ran to the shuttle.

''Let's go.'' She said, ''We only have a few minutes to leave the planet undetected.''

The three nodded and entered the shuttle. The ramp closed behind them and the shuttle lifted off with the cloaking generator activated. Exactly ten minutes later they left Bastion's orbit, the cloaking generator shut itself down and the shuttle quickly distanced itself from the planet's orbital sensors.

''Course set for Coruscant.'' Sigel reported and the shuttle jumped into hyperspace.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #44
igyman
Tension!

Chapter XIII

''You have paid the price for your lack of vision.''
– Palpatine

The reign of the Sith could be felt in Coruscant's air. The people tried to live their lives, but the grip of opression tightened around them. But the Sith were the least of Rav's and Syn's concerns. It took them long enough to get here, evading every Sith and Imperial patrol. It took them too long and a day more, but they were here now and it was time to pay Queen Jool a visit.

The Hutt operated her dealings from a sleazy cantina named Rik's. It was located in the lower city levels, on the border of the middle class residential areas between the part of the planet where only the poorest citizens dwelled. A perfect place to get lost. The guest list consisted of many kinds of lowlives, from bounty hunters to spies, from smugglers to spice dealers. Every illegal business had its representative here.

The air inside wasn't very clean, it reeked of various cigars and alcocholic beverages. It was the first thing Jariah Syn and Rav noticed when they entered the place. The cantina itself had two sabacc tables, one jhabacc table for the wealthier scum, three dejarik tables and four divot tables. It also had a dance show, a common accessory of any self-respecting club owner, with young dancer girls that inclided Twi'Leks, Zeltrons and a few Zabraks. The most important part about the danceshow was that the services of dancers extended beyond simple dancing. The cantina also had a number of ordinary tables for those who came only for the drinks.

Queen Jool lived in a swamp beneath the cantina, but this time she decided to go up and greet her two guests in an area more suitable to them. The one-legged Feeorin and his human companion spotted the Hutt in the back of the gambling area.

(''Ah Rav, you finally arrived.'') Jool greeted in Huttese.

''I'm sorry for the delay. We had to make sure that no one was following us.'' Rav replied politely.

(''Certainly. We wouldn't want any unwelcome visitors here.'') The green skinned Hutt seemed to agree, (''Now, let's talk business.'')

''That's why we're here.'' Rav replied. He appreciated the direct approach.

While Rav did the talking, Syn did the watching. He spotted two interesting characters in the cantina. One of them was a crude-looking Gotal male who was trying his best to inconspicuously watch the two of them. ''I know I saw that face somewhere.'' Syn thought to himself, ''But where?'' Something didn't feel right. And then he recognized the Gotal.

''Rav, take a look to your left.'' Syn whispered. Rav heard him perfectly and did a casual glance at the told direction.

''Recognize him? It's Attatag Gosem, the Sith spy.'' Syn whispered again. Rav did a slight, almost unnoticable nod in confimation.

''Now take a look to your right. See that guy?'' Syn asked. Rav glanced to the right and saw who Syn was referring to.

That other interesting character he spotted. He was barely visible in the crowd, but they both recognized the red hood and the golden hexagonal insignia on the chest of his Vonduun crab armor from numerous Sith bounty posts. The figure didn't even look at them, he was looking straight at Queen Jool. This was all going from bad to worse.

Jool realized that the game was over. The Hutt signaled her men and the Gotal spy and he and four more thugs, two Togorians, a Wookie and a Weequay, converged on Rav and Syn with blasters pointed straight at them.

(''I hoped to do this quietly, but this will have to do.'') Jool said as her cybernetic eye focused on Rav.

''What's this all about, Jool?'' Rav asked.

(''Believe it, or not the Sith have posted a handsome bounty for your heads. Too bad that the Zeltron isn't here with you, but I suppose the two of you will do just as well.'') Jool said, not even trying to hide the satisfaction in her voice.

''The Zeltron. Deliah. Where the Kessel is she?'' Rav wondered.

(''Silent, are you, Rav?'') Jool gloated, (''Nothing to say?'')

''Actually I have a proposition for you.'' Syn jumped in, ''See that guy over to the right? The one with the red hood?'' He said quietly. Jool recognized him from the Sith bounty posts, ''Wouldn't you rather collect the bounty on his head? Let us go and get the bigger prize, Jool. Otherwise this could all get messy and you probably won't get a second chance at him.'' Syn goaded the Hutt. He didn't believe for a second that Jool would just let them go, but he had to stall somehow until he or Rav figured something out.

''Let them go.'' Attatag spoke up, ''Lord Krayt will pay you an enormous fee if you can get that man.'' He said referring to the hooded figure.

Jool signaled her thugs and they started to converge on the seemingly unsuspecting figure. He suddenly spotted them and they drew their blasters in order to shoot. They knew what happened to all the other bounty hunters who moved against this guy and they weren't taking any chances.

Rav and Syn slowly moved toward the exit and then a flash of red laser fire came from that direction hitting one of Jool's thugs. The remaining three turned around and started shooting at Rav and Syn and everyone else that got in the way. All hell broke loose at Rik's. Rav and Syn hit the floor and noticed three more shots of red laser fire coming from the entrance, each shot hitting and killing one of the thugs. Syn glanced at the entrance and, just for a second, saw a rusty-red droid with a laser rifle, but before he had a chance to take a good look at it, the droid fled. He then took a look at the direction the hooded figure was and noticed that he too had disappeared. He and Rav rose up to their feet and noticed Attatag pointing his blaster at them again and two more of Jools thugs doing the same.

''Looks like we'll have to settle for the two of you after all.'' The Gotal spoke.

''No, you won't!'' A female voice came from the cantina entrance, followed by a white laser shot straight at Attatag. Rav and Syn turned to see Deliah and Cade there. So she made it.

''What took you so long?'' Syn asked, trying to make a joke.

Deliah answered by smiling and firing a shot at one of the remaining two of Jool's thugs. Cade fired a shot at the other one and seconds later there were two more corpses next to Attatag's. Rav then turned to Jool, anger sparking from his one good eye.

''You made a bad move, Jool.'' Rav told the Hutt, ''And it will be your last.'' He raised his mechanical leg and pointed it towards her.

(''Rav, what are you doing?'') The Hutt panicked, (''Wait a minute! We can work something out, we can—'')

The Hutt didn't get to finish her sentence. A flash of light came out of the small hole on the center of the sole of the mechanical foot and it hit the Hutt straight in the heart. Queen Jool, the crimelord of Coruscant was dead.

''Let's go.'' Rav ordered.

''You and I have a lot to talk about, Cade.'' Syn hissed out as he passed Cade and went toward the entrance.

''Sure, Syn, but it'll wait until we're somewhere safer.'' Cade replied with a smug smile.

''Yeah, we don't want that red droid to return.'' Rav said.

''You saw him too?'' Deliah said with a hint of surprise.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #45
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
awesome chapters, igyman! you're really climbing the ranks fast. cant wait for more.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #46
igyman
Tension!

Thanks, RC. The next chapter will probably be posted sometime tonight.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #47
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Great Chapters Igy, and yup ... now that im upon the ending on my schooling ... becoming much much more consumed in my studies, that i hardly ever get a chance to come on. But i do try and make the time to read the CEC.

Anyways, great work and keep em coming

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #48
igyman
Tension!

Thanks. I'll do that. As you might have noticed already, I've been posting two chapters a day lately, which is also because of college (it starts this monday, so I'm trying to post the chapters while I still have a lot of free time).

Old 09-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #49
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
Thanks. I'll do that. As you might have noticed already, I've been posting two chapters a day lately, which is also because of college (it starts this monday, so I'm trying to post the chapters while I still have a lot of free time).
Will you still be able to be on the Forums? I'm looking foward to the remaining Chapters and I hope college goes alright for you.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:31 PM   #50
igyman
Tension!

Thanks. I'll still be around, but probably not as much as I was in the last two or three months. Like I said on one of the Ahto threads - I'll be around as long as there are interesting topics and good fics to check out.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:33 PM   #51
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

yeah, just tell my name to anyone who rags you and you'll be fine
seriously though, good luck! with college and this fic

Old 09-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #52
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1162
yeah, just tell my name to anyone who rags you and you'll be fine
I always knew having a clonetrooper for a friend would pay off.

Seriously now, thanks everyone and the same to all of you with your school/college/job/anything else (man this is starting to sound like a farewell, but because it's not I'm cutting it out ).

Oh, right, I'll post the next chapter in about an hour.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #53
igyman
Tension!

Chapter XIV

''When you understand a species' art, you understand that species.''
– Grand Admiral Thrawn

Two hours later, that same day. In the center of his master-ship, sitting connected to the Force-amplifying neural interface in the center of the dim-lighted circular command room was Ralik. The red hood over his head still hiding most of his face and the golden hexagonal insignia with the two lines on its sides shining from the chamber lights.

He remembered the day he returned to the Dark Planet, his one last visit to that place. The specter of his unnamed master was waiting in the compound's Throne room, as always.

''You summoned, master?'' He said then.

''Yes, Ralik. Your time is approaching. Your destiny will soon be fulfilled, but I have one last task for you. One last thing you must do for me.'' The dark figure whispered.

''What is it, master?'' Ralik asked.

''Listen carefully, for this is my final lesson to you.'' The figure whispered, ''Concentrate on me. Feel the Force in my spirit.''

''I feel it, master.'' Ralik said a few seconds later.

''Good. Now hold out your arms and draw out the Force from me and into you.'' The figure whispered, ''Once you do this your power will grow vastly. Your last mission for me is to go to planets that have places which are strong in the Force, places like the tombs of Jedi and Sith and to take the Force energy from those places. After you have finished, you will be so powerful that no one will be able to stop you.''

Ralik obeyed his master that one last time and the dark specter turned into smoke and the smoke appeared to enter Ralik's palms. Ralik felt his power in the Force growing, his senses sharpening. His master had given him a unique farewell present. He taught him how to absorb residual Force power.

Ralik remembered how he left the Dark Planet for good and traveled from one planet to another, absorbing Force energy from certain locatons and enlarging his power. He fulfilled that task while his army and fleet were growing and now, after elaborate subterfuge and intimidation tactics the time has come to take his prize.
''You summoned me, Lord Ralik?'' The black skinned Lenari officer respectfully asked when he entered the command chamber of the master-ship.

''Yes, Faren. The time has come. In exactly two hours I want you to order our ships to attack.'' Ralik said coldly. Arrogance and confidence echoing in his voice.

''Yes, my lord.'' The black skinned alien said, bowed and left the room.

Meanwhile, back on Coruscant Darth Krayt has summoned the Moffs to an urgent meeting. The six Moffs, headed by Morlish Veed answered the call with no idea whatsoever what this was all about. They all heard the rumours, read the reports, but was this all truly because of some killer?

''The Moffs answer your call, Emperor.'' The six said after a bow.

''Moffs of the Empire, I am sure that you have heard all about the recent deaths of many of my followers, including my head of Sith Intelligence, Darth Maladi.'' Krayt started.

''Yes, my lord.'' Veed confirmed.

''I have called you here because I am in need of your services. I am declaring a quarantine over Coruscant. I want you to fly to our orbital spaceport and position our fleet around the planet. No ship will be allowed to leave Coruscant until this threat has been eliminated. If any ship wishes to land you will inform them of the status and if they still wish to land you will act according to standard procedure.''

''Yes, my lord.'' Veed answered for all of them.

''Grand Admiral Morlish Veed, you will be leading our fleet, the rest of you will work according to Admiral Veed's orders. Go now and execute my will!'' Krayt said and with those words the meeting was over, the Moffs bowed once again and departed.

''Did you hear that, Calixte?'' Veed said to the woman minutes after they left the Imperial Palace.

''Yes. Krayt's losing it, this may be our chance, if we play the cards right.'' The woman answered with a wicked smile.

It took them an hour to position the fleet, but when that hour passed the network of Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers, named in honor of Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon who once served under the infamous Grand Admiral Thrawn and later became one of the most valuable officers of the Galactic Alliance, was so tight that not even a fly could pass through it.

''This is Grand Admiral Morlish Veed to all ships: as of this moment the quarantine is in effect. No ships are allowed to leave the planet. If any ship attempts to break through you will respond with deadly force.'' Veed announced from his flagship, the Pellaeon-class Super Star Destroyer Vindicator.

On the far end of the system a ship left hyperspace. It was the shuttle of Marasiah Fel. She and her three allies have arrived. The huge fleet of Star Destroyers struck terror into the four and as they remembered why they were here, the courage they needed slowly returned.

''We are close enough, activate the cloaking generator and set course for Coruscant's surface.'' Marasiah ordered and in just a few seconds the shuttle disappeared from sight and sped up past the terrifying fleet.

''All those Star Destroyers. What do you think is happening here?'' Draco asked.

''I don't know, but I'm sure we can find out. Tap into their comm frequency.'' She ordered and Sigel, who was sitting in the copilot's seat complied.

''...as of this moment the quarantine is in effect. No ships are allowed to leave the planet. If any ship attempts to break through you will respond with deadly force.'' The audio message sounded through the comm speakers.

''Looks like we've arrived just in time. Things have definitely went overboard around here.'' Ganner noticed.

''So it begins.''

Old 09-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #54
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I wonder what will happen to Ralik. Best Chapter yet. I'm looking foward to more.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #55
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

very nice! me likey, as always, great job iggy

Old 09-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #56
igyman
Tension!

Thanks, both of you. Next chapter will be up tomorrow and as a sneak preview I'll just say that it will be the longest one yet and that something very important will happen.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #57
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
good chapters I have a idea who the red droid is but im not sure is it
spoiler:
HK

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #58
igyman
Tension!

I thought that was obvious. Anyway, the next chapter will be posted later today (at least according to my time) and there you'll find out the answer to that other question regarding Darth Krayt.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:41 PM   #59
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
it was pretty obvious but you never know the possiblity can't wait for the next chapter

Old 09-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #60
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Isn't this a new republic? Grand Admiral Thrawn? Nice chapters, however.

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #61
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Is it okay if I use Darth Krayt for my fic igy he wouldent apear much just a datapad entry is that okay all credit to you of cource. He would be a little different though...if so Thanks
P.S I hope the next chap is in my time

Old 09-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #62
igyman
Tension!

@john_ctg: No, this is in the Legacy era. The first part that is called Heir of Darkness started during the Yuuzhan Vong war and during the time of the New Republic, the second part happened near the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war and the third part ten and ninety years after the war, meaning one story happened during the time of the Galactic Alliance and the other during the time of the Second Galactic Empire (Sith Empire, as it is referred to in this fic). This fourth and final part happens entirely in the Legacy era, during Darth Krayt's reign as Emperor. There are links to all four parts in my sig.

@Darth Grivis: Of course it's OK. There's no reason to ask my permission since Krayt isn't a character I invented.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #63
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
I thought that at first but i had to make sure thanks anyway

Old 09-24-2006, 04:46 AM   #64
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Nice chapter once again Igy

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2006, 07:11 AM   #65
igyman
Tension!

Chapter XV

''At an end your rule is... and not short enough it was.''
– Yoda

Ralik stood a few meters away from the entrance to the Imperial Palace. The structure was indeed magnificent. The walls were part glass and part permacrete with extraodinary giant statues and murals over them. A pure work of art. But it was time to redecorate.

The two Sith guards didn't even know what hit them when they flew to the wall behind them, hitting their heads and losing consciousness. Ralik simply walked into the palace, with almost no effort, holding his amphistaff in his right hand, red hood over the head, red clothing over the legs and the golden hexagonal insignia shining on his chest.

''I sense an intruder inside the palace.'' Krayt said to his two Hands, ''Alert the palace security, but the two of you stay here. You too, Wyyrlok.''

''Yes, lord Krayt.'' Nihl and Talon obeyed. Wyyrlok nodded his head silently.

Ralik slowly walked across the palace corridors completely calm and relaxed. In a little less than an hour his fleet will attack and by then he will have already become Emperor. His calmness was interrupted by a swarm of Sith warriors that rushed at him from the stairway of the huge chamber in front of him. Their warcries echoed between the chamber walls as they rushed blindly toward their doom, for Ralik wasn't even the least concerned by them. He simply stood there and with his one thought the horde of Sith warriors started falling down instantly. Some in the middle of a jump, others in the middle of a warcry, but five seconds later the room wasn't filled with the horde of angry Sith warriors anymore, it was filled with corpses.

''How patethic.'' Ralik thought as he continued his walk to the Throne room of the Imperial Palace. The Throne room was three floors up and Ralik was determined to cleanse his palace of the Sith usurpers before he got to the main event. The ground floor was clean but there were still Sith left to kill before he reached the Throne room.

Ralik reached the first floor after taking the steps from which the Sith horde came. Unlike the ground floor it was really quiet. Like nobody was here. Ralik continued down the central corridor and after he made about five steps a door closed behind him and a second later another door came out of the walls two meters ahead and closed. ''Do they really think this can stop me?'' He thought. He stretched his mind with the Force and the door in front of him broke into two very large pieces and flew about a meter forward before falling to the floor.

Ralik calmly stepped over the broken pieces and went on his way. The next corridor was a little wider than the last one and had a lot more lights. Ralik didn't sense any Sith waiting in ambush, but he was sure that this corridor had some kind of defense. He was right. After making two steps the door closed behind him again and automated laser turrets emerged from the ceiling. Five on the left and five on the right. Ralik smiled. The turrets started firing and Ralik simply continued to walk calmly across the room, using the Force to guide his right hand and swiftly deflect every single bolt of red laser fire with his amphistaff. When he reached the opposite end of the corridor he turned around and crushed all the turrets with the Force.

''We have reports that the intruder is breaking hrough our defenses, my lord.'' Wyyrlok said, ''Perhaps we should use the emergency exit and leave the palace.''

''No. There will be no retreat.'' Krayt said with calmness and confidence.

The second floor was a little more lively. This time the Sith warriors tried to surprise him by attacking from behind, but they all ran into Ralik's amphistaff, or were killed by his mind. After a few corridors the attacks stopped. ''Could it be that they realized who they're up against?'' Ralik wondered.

His question was about to be answered. He entered a corridor that was at least twenty meters long and completely dark. The only visible light was coming from the next corridor. Ralik entered the dark corridor and continued his calm walk. Nothing happened. Ralik crossed the first half of the corridor without so much of a hint of an incident, but then as he crossed the middle a small sharp object flew right beside his head. ''Well, this ought to be interesting.'' Ralik used the Force to amplify his sight and scout the rest of the corridor carefully, but he didn't see anyone. He tuned his senses and continued forward. Two steps later another sharp object flew towards him, but thanks to the Force Ralik managed to evade it. He scouted the room once again and once again saw nobody. He managed to make five more steps when two more objects flew at him. He evaded the first and caught the second one. It was a small disk with razor-sharp edges. A very sophisticated weapon. He dropped it on the floor and before he took another step three more disk-blades flew towards him from various directions. He ducked, then flipped off the left wall and finally leaned to the right to evade all three. ''I'm getting tired of this.'' He looked across the rest of the corridor more carefully and in one corner he noticed a pair of barely visible red eyes. ''A Defel. No wonder I didn't see it at first. Those things are almost invisible in normal light or darkness, they can only be seen under ultraviolet light.'' Ralik focused on the red eyes and followed them as they moved from one wall to the next, from the floor to the ceiling and vice versa. Ralik picked up his pace and began to gain on his shadowy attacker. The disk-blades continued to fly at him in pairs and he avoided them with little trouble. He was now barely two meters apart from the Defel. Still focused on the red eyes he threw his amphistaff in their direction with such strength that the Defel didn't even see it coming before it was too late. Ralik approached the dead Wraith and pulled out his amphistaff out of the corpse.

''Lord Krayt, the intruder is almost here.'' Wyyrlok reported.

''Good. I look forward to meeting this one that has dared defy my Order and kill my followers.'' Krayt replied, still calmly sitting on his throne.

And then a figure appeared at the entrance to the Throne room as the two guards next to it fell down dead. The figure looked like a wraith with that red hood over the head and the red clothing over the armored legs, but that insignia on the chest was the most mysterious thing of all. The figure made a few more steps toward the throne.

''So you are the one that has been causing me trouble ever since Abregado-rae.'' Krayt said.

''I have come for you, Darth Krayt. I have come to take what is mine.'' Ralik said righteously.

''I sense great power in you, but you are a fool if you think to stand against me.'' Krayt warned.

''You are the fool here, Krayt.'' Ralik said the name with disgust, ''Surrender the throne to me and I will give you a quick death.''

Krayt didn't answer. Instead he turned to his two Hands, Darth Talon and Darth Nihl. They took the hint and charged toward the hooded figure. The Twi'Lek, Darth Talon was faster, she ran with a fury that seemed unstoppable, but then, three meters apart from the hooded figure she was tossed to the left with a force and a speed so huge that it couldn't be described. ''Fly, Talon.'' Ralik thought. With enormous speed she hit the almost impregnable glass wall, falling down and leaving a small crack and a bloody stain on the glass.

Nihl saw it, but didn't care, he thought he can use the opportunity to kill the intruder before he notices him. The Nagai warrior was wrong. He jumped toward Ralik, holding his lightstaff, a unique lightsaber with a long staff for a handle, like a warrior holds a spear before throwing it. He was just about to throw the lightstaff at Ralik when he was suddenly paralyzed in mid-air. He struggled to break free, but it was in vain. He was trapped in mid-air in that throwing stance.

''Darth Nihl.'' Ralik said in that same voice he used when he addressed Maladi, Stryfe and every other of his Sith victims, ''You name yourself ''nothingness'', I assume in respect for your master. You have no idea what nothingness is, but I will teach you. Since your name is ''nothing'', it is fitting that you should become nothing.''

Nihl listened carefully to what Ralik said, but had no idea what he meant until it happened. Nihl's body, along with his lightstaff was starting to disintegrate and a few seconds later he was no more. He wasn't even able to scream.

Wyyrlok, Krayt's second in command was terrified, but he knew what his duty was. He ignited his lightsaber and charged toward Ralik. Krayt just sat on his throne and watched.

''Darth Wyyrlok, false sorcerer. You fancy yourself a warlock. Your name is meaningless and thus your death will be meaningless as well!'' Ralik spoke loud enough for both Wyyrlok and Krayt to hear.

The Chagrian charged toward Ralik with his lightsaber drawn and ready and then unexpectedly he tripped, his lightsaber slipped out of his hand and into the air. He fell down on his stomach and just as he turned on his back his own lightsaber fell down and stabbed him right through the heart. And so the last of Darth Krayt's guards was dead.

Ralik approached the throne where Krayt sat and said: ''All that is yours is rightfully mine.'' He spoke with huge bitterness.

Krayt stood up from the throne and replied with confidence: ''You may have killed my servants, but you are no match for me. I have lived through a century and I will not let some juiced up maggot prevent me from creating order!'' Krayt held out his arms and his two lightsabers flew from his back to his hands and ignited.

''You are a bigger fool than I thought.'' Ralik replied, ''You pride yourself with your long life, call yourself Krayt, as the giant dragon of Tatooine, but you are the maggot. You hide behind that patethic excuse for a Vonduun crab armor, but I see right through you.''

''What are you talking about?'' Krayt insisted.

''You call yourself a Sith, you dress your troops in Yuuzhan Vong armor, but you are neither. You are a mere thief. It is an insult to the Yuuzhan Vong.'' Ralik pulled the hood back to reveal his face, ''I am the one true master. I have survived for more than a century and unlike you I have done so thanks to the Force, not some stasis technology.''

Krayt recognized the Yuuzhan Vong features on Ralik's face. ''So, you are some halfbreed Vong that got angry because his side lost the war and now that you picked up some skills in the Force you think you can rule the galaxy.'' Krayt tried to aggravate his opponent.

Ralik simply used the Force to turn Krayt's two lightsabers into dust. ''I hope this reassured you of my power. Remember, I know who you really are.'' Ralik said, ''A few years before his death Luke Skywalker started having visions of a shadowy figure that threatened his family. He first thought that shadowy figure was the Dark Lady Lumiya, then he thought it was my master, but it was me all along. I said I knew you and indeed I do... Jacen Solo.'' Krayt's face froze, ''I know that you did all this simply to protect the galaxy, but your destiny was simply to prepare the galaxy for me. Nothing more. It is my destiny to rule it and spread the True Teachings, erasing all Jedi and Sith from the face of existence, including your cousin Cade Skywalker. He was the healer you sought, you know. Your purpose is fulfilled, Solo, there is no need for you to live anymore.''

Krayt suddenly felt a sharp pain spreading throughout his body, he felt himself weakening.

''It is the disease inside you, I am helping it spread. It will all be over soon.'' Ralik said as the Sith Emperor fell down and slowly died, his helmet hiding an expression of unspeakable horror on his face.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #66
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Best Chapter yet igy. I'm looking foward to more.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:52 AM   #67
igyman
Tension!

Thanks, I thought this one should be longer and more detailed, since it is a very important event in the story. As was the case in the last few days, another chapter will be posted tonight.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:32 AM   #68
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
Thanks, I thought this one should be longer and more detailed, since it is a very important event in the story. As was the case in the last few days, another chapter will be posted tonight.
Will this next Chapter be the last Chapter, because of college?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #69
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
Nice chapter Igy looking for more

Old 09-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #70
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
Will this next Chapter be the last Chapter, because of college?
No, it won't, but it is the last quarter of the fic, meaning that there are about five more chapters left.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #71
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

great chapter as always igyman. thank goodness there's more coming.
BTW: will you do another fic after you finish this? or will you be taking a break?

Old 09-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #72
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1162
great chapter as always igyman. thank goodness there's more coming.
BTW: will you do another fic after you finish this? or will you be taking a break?
Having a break by the sound of it, if he has college. But I would like to see more work from mr igy.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #73
igyman
Tension!

I haven't planned any further fics, or at least not in detail. If I have the time I may do a short fic about how Ralik got the rank of Commander in the Yuuzhan Vong army, but that's all still only a thought. It all depends on how much free time college will leave me with.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #74
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

no problem, iggy, take your time. never rush an artist, they say

Old 09-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #75
igyman
Tension!

Right, but first let's finish this one and to that end another chapter will be posted in two to three hours.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #76
igyman
Tension!

Chapter XVI

''You are very clever,Commander. Someday that cleverness will turn against you.''
– Siv Kav

After a long run through Lower Coruscant, Cade and his three bounty hunter friends returned to their shuttle back in the Space Traffic quarter. Syn was still frowning at Cade, but Rav was more than glad that he and Deliah showed up when they did. Deliah was just glad that she and Cade found the other two alive and that they arrived in time to keep them that way. As the four approached the shuttle Master Sazen came down the ramp to greet them.

''More Jedi.'' Syn mumbled, ''How many of them did you bring along, Deliah?''

''Can it, Syn.'' She snapped, ''If it weren't for Cade you'd most likely be dead right now.''

Syn mumbled something unintelligible and after another angry look from Deliah he was quiet. Master Sazen had a serious expression on his face. Cade knew this wasn't going to be a pleasant talk.

''Greetings, Master Jedi.'' Rav politely said to the Zabrak, ''I thank you for taking the time to come to our assistance.''

''I only hope that when the time comes you will be able to come to ours.'' Sazen replied.

Rav slowly nodded with a slight and devious smile. He knew that this Jedi didn't trust him and he didn't care. As far as Rav was concerned that was smart thinking. If he were a Jedi he would act in the exact same way.

''What's going on, Sazen?'' Cade asked finally, ''Your face gives you away, what's wrong?''

''I'm... not sure. I feel a great disturbance in the Force. An unknown darkness is rising and if we do not act, it will consume us all.'' The Jedi Master replied with no pleasure in doing so.

''What does that mean?'' Syn asked, ''Are the Sith on to us? I wish you Jedi could for once speak clearly.''

''I know why you fear us and why you hate us.'' Sazen replied, ''But your fear is unfounded, I assure you and I apologize for not being more clear, but I really don't know the exact proportions of what I felt.''

''Does it perhaps have anything to do with that?'' Deliah asked pointing at the sky. The rest of them looked up and saw an armada of Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers covering most of the sky around the planet.

''The Destroyer fleet has been there for almost an hour, a notification was given. I'm surprised you didn't hear it, Coruscant is under quarantine.'' Sazen explained, ''No ships are allowed to leave the planet.''

''Well isn't this just peachy?'' Syn frowned.

''Yeah...'' Cade wanted to say something, but his trail of thought was interrupted by four persons walking out of a ship not ten meters away from theirs, one of them looked awfuly familiar, ''Look.'' He said to the others, ''Over there. Isn't that Marasiah Fel?''

''The Princess? What is she doing here?'' Rav wondered.

''No idea, why don't we ask her?'' Cade suggested.

''Sure, but you might wanna watch out for the three Imperial Knights she brought along, or couldn't you guess who her companions are?'' Syn warned.

''I think she saw us too.'' Deliah noticed, ''They seem to be coming this way.''

It was indeed Marasiah, along with Sigel Dare, Ganner Krieg and Antares Draco and yes, she had noticed the Jedi and their companions. ''What the blazes are they doing here?'' She thought.

''Are you sure this is wise, Princess?'' Draco asked quietly.

''Yes. If there's any chance of them helping us, we better take it.'' Marasiah replied, ''Besides, I've already met some of them.'' Sigel and Krieg simply nodded in agreement.

''Princess Marasiah Fel.'' Sazen greeted her, ''What brings you to the Capital?''

''I'm here to return the galaxy under the rule of the Fel dynasty.'' She replied, ''How about you, Master Jedi?''

''A similar reason.'' Sazen said, ''The only difference is that it involves a reestablishment of the Republic and the destruction of the Sith.''

''That was some quick thinking, Sazen. Were you planning on letting the rest of us in on your little scheme?'' Cade sent a thought to Sazen.

''We have little choice left, Cade. As a Skywalker you of all people should support me.'' Sazen sent back his reply in another thought.

''A Skywalker? Now that's interesting.'' Marasiah interrupted them. She allowed herself a slight enjoyment in seeing the look on their faces when they realized that she heard every word they telepathically sent to each other, ''You never did reveal your last name when we met back on Socorro six months ago.'' Marasiah said.

''I like your style, Princess.'' Cade said smugly, ''When you wanna know something you just eavesdrop on the conversation. Kind of like me.''

''I'm nothing like you.'' She said with resentment, ''Now, to get back to the matter at hand – the most important question is how will we deal with the Sith. We can work on the details of the next form of government if we get out of this one alive.''

''Agreed.'' Sazen said, ''We need a smart plan. Darth Krayt and his Sith are not to be underestimated.''

''My first question is are there any more Jedi, besides the two of you?'' Marasiah asked and noticed a Twi'Lek and a Bothan in Jedi robes emerge from the shuttle. It was Shado Vao and Hosk Tre'lyis, ''Never mind, so there's four of you and these three...''

''Bounty hunters.'' Rav enlightened her proudly.

''I know, I have met Skywalker and these two before.'' She said pointing at Deliah and Syn, ''Now, let's work on the plan. As you said...'' She addressed Sazen, ''the Sith are not to be underestimated.''

''The time has come.'' The two hours since Ralik gave the order to the Lenari officer have passed. Grand Admiral Morlish Veed was standing on the bridge of his Pellaeon-class Super Star Destoryer flagship Vindicator, looking through the bridge viewport when his first officer came.

''Grand Admiral, our sensors are detecting a huge armada of ships emerging near our position.'' The officer said.

Veed looked at the viewport and saw a fleet of black spherical ships materializing from out of nowhere, small orange-yellow lights glowed from the viewports of the ships' many decks. ''Inform the rest of the fleet and prepare for battle, I doubt a fleet this size is here for a social call.''

The events that were playing out in Coruscant's orbit couldn't be seen from the surface at this point, but it was of no consequence. What happened next made every being on the planet painfully aware of the situation. Every single comercial screen on the planet changed into a picture of a strange hexagonal insignia with a line on each side shaped like the number one and its mirror image. Every sound message was silent and a few seconds later a sinister voice replaced it. The voice relayed a completely new and terrifying message. It wasn't heard only on Coruscant, it was heard on every planet in the Sith Empire.

''Residents of the galaxy, I hereby inform you that the days of the Sith Empire are over. The days of my Empire have arrived. I am Lord Ralik, master of the True Teachings and I say to you: submit or die. The True Teachings will spread across the galaxy and any who dare oppose us will be swept away like little flakes of dust!''

Cade noticed a strange expression on Sazen's face when he heard the announcement. It was like he knew this was going to happen. This must have been the darkness he was talking about.

''Sazen, is there something you want to tell us?'' Cade asked his master.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #77
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Hot Topic Starter 
good chapter Igy can't wait to see how this ends out and does it say in the comics that Darth Krayt is Jacen Solo??

Old 09-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #78
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Another good Chapter igy. Well done.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #79
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Grivis
does it say in the comics that Darth Krayt is Jacen Solo?
No, it doesn't, at least not yet, but many people speculate that Krayt is indeed Solo. I guess we'll find out for sure at the end of the Legacy comics.

Before I forget, here are links to some starships and characters that appeared in recent chapters:

Ships:
Pellaeon-class Star Destroyer
Legacy Era TIE fighter
X-83 Twintail

Characters:
Morlish Veed
Nyna Calixte
Darth Talon
Darth Nihl
Darth Wyyrlok
Darth Krayt

Old 09-25-2006, 12:40 AM   #80
igyman
Tension!

Chapter XVII

''The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi''
– Darth Vader

''I am sorry father, but you didn't listen so I took matters into my own hands. I have gone to Coruscant to retake the galaxy from the Sith. Don't worry, Draco, Sigel and Krieg are here to protect me. Goodbye, father. Wish me luck.''

The holorecording ended and Roan Fel sat on his throne on Bastion, as if he were paralyzed. He couldn't believe his eyes, or his ears. ''Mobilize our fleet.'' He ordered finally, ''We go to Coruscant.'' He barely pronounced it. His only hope was that Marasiah was still alive.

Ralik pulled his hood back on and took a look around the Throne room. Next to him a dried and already half-decomposed corpse of Darth Krayt lay and near the entrance to the Throne room, at the base of the left glass wall lay Darth Talon.

''Awaken.'' She heard the voice saying. She opened her eyes to see her former master slain and a dark and hooded figure standing next to his corpse. Looking at her. She rose slowly, trying not to make a move that would provoke the figure.

''Approach.'' She heard him say. She obeyed. Slowly the Twi'Lek walked to the base of the throne.

''What is your name?'' Ralik asked her.

''I am Darth Talon, Hand of Darth Krayt. I am a Sith warrior.'' She replied.

''I asked for your real name.'' Ralik smiled deviously, ''You think that having a ''Darth'' in your name makes you a Lord of the Sith? You are mistaken.''

''I have no other name, but the one my master gave me.'' The Twi'Lek said with confusion.

''Yes you do, you have only forgotten it. Become my apprentice and learn what it means to be a true master of the Force, what it means to wield true power. Learn the way of the True Teachings and I will restore your true name to you.'' He proposed with a righteous tone.

''I submit... master.'' The Twi'Lek said, ''I wish to learn the way of the True Teachings.''

''Good. Then remember your true name.'' Ralik said with dark satisfaction.

''Ryleena.'' The word echoed in her mind. ''My name is Ryleena and I submit to your will, master.''

''Good. I am pleased. Stay sharp, my apprentice. Soon we will have company and you will get the chance to prove your worth. Think of it as your... first test.'' Ralik said with a grim smile.

Meanwhile, back on the landing pad the conversation went on. Sazen still had that look of a man who knew more than he was sharing with the class, but he was about to explain everything. The circumstances demanded it. This was no time for secrets.

''Well, Sazen?'' Cade asked suspiciously.

''It's something your father, Kol, said. Something that was passed on to him by his father, Ben, your grandfather and to him by your famous great-grandfather, Luke Skywalker.''

''What was it?'' Cade was interested and so were the rest of them.

''In the last years of his life Luke Skywalker was visited by two very interesting individuals. Two droids to be exact, ancient droids.'' Sazen started to explain.

''How ancient?'' Cade asked.

''Four thousand years. They once belonged to a famous Jedi who fought and defeated a great and dark foe. They said that their master predicted that in the far future that darkness will rise again and that he left them to stop it.'' Sazen said.

''Two droids? You're kidding me?'' Cade said. The others just listened to the story.

''Yes. An astromech droid and a rusty-red assassin droid with a rather strange personality.'' Sazen confirmed.

''That must be the droid we saw at Rik's, the one that killed Jool's thugs after they went for that hooded guy.'' Deliah pointed out.

''You've seen the droid and the figure? Now I am certain that the prophecy is fulfilling. This Ralik must be the threat the droids were talking about and it is imperative that we stop him.'' Sazen said with a sense of dread.

Marasiah and the three Imperial Knights listened to the entire story. They weren't entirely convinced, but they admitted that the situation was very serious and that it had to be dealt with.

''What's our next move?'' was all Marasiah could say.

''We go to the Imperial Palace.'' Cade said, ''All of us. That's our safest bet. We can't trust some ancient droid. From what we saw he was protecting the guy we're up against.''

''I'm not sure that's entirely true, but I agree that we should march for the palace.'' Sazen said, ''Only the future will tell if those droids were honest. In the meantime, this Ralik is our concern. There is no one else here capable of stopping him.''

And with those words they moved out. They had no knowledge of the dark fleet of Lenari warships that were closing in on Coruscant.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > [Fic] The True Teachings IV: Fate of the Future