lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Lost of the Jedi [short humorous fic]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
Dark_Lady
Forumite

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The Lost of the Jedi [short humorous fic]

Jedi Knight Nartris Venn whirled his lightsaber left and right in broad slashes of green light. He patted the curly head of the young boy that clung to him.

“It’s alright,” he said soothingly, picking up the child with his free arm. “Just keep your eyes closed a little longer. We’re almost there.” The child mumbled something in assent.

Nartris stepped over the armored bodies of his previous antagonists and continued down the rocky tunnel, listening intently for any warnings of trouble. The clatter of chitinous feet sounded a little ahead. Nartris could not see much in the darkness of the tunnel, even with the glow from his lightsaber illuminating the walls, but he could feel them coming – dozens of them.

He had been distracted from his diplomatic mission by the young child’s call for help, and they had been wandering the tunnels ever since, trying to avoid the spiny, meter-long arachnids that lived there. Nartris had no wish to fight the creatures, far from it. He merely wanted to get out of the tunnels with the child before he started suffering permanent claustrophobia. Regrettably, the tunnels were more complicated than any maze he had ever seen, and he had never possessed a very good sense of direction.

Since he had nowhere else to go, Nartris continued steadily towards the creatures. He reached out to them with the Force, trying to convince them of his peaceful intentions. Unfortunately, the creatures had very simple minds, dominated by only one command, Eat!

Nartris wished he didn’t look so tasty.

The arachnids scuttled closer. Nartris paused just before reaching another side tunnel and was bracing himself for another battle when an idea lit up his mind like a glowlamp. He drew on the Force, concentrating on the creatures, capturing the essence of what they wanted, and then projected that essence, dangling it before them like a lure.

He waited as they came closer and closer, and hoped his brilliant idea would work. Well, he thought, if I fail this time, it’ll be a fiasco just spectacular enough to join the ranks of my other catastrophic plans.

He concentrated harder. The arachnids followed his lead, scuttling deep into the side tunnel after the elusive temptation. Nartris released his hold on the creatures' minds, deactivated his lightsaber, and piled rocks to cover the tunnel entrance.

It worked, he thought. I just hope that isn’t the way out.

He continued on his journey until he finally discovered a way to the surface, and emerged into the sunlight, cradling the now-sleeping child in his arms. He had walked a good distance from the burrow before the boy woke up.

“Are they gone?” he asked worriedly, blinking his eyes.

“Of course,” Nartris reassured him. “Now…” he began, contemplating the unfamiliar terrain around him,

“…Do you have any idea where we are?”

There's a bit of the shadowy side in all of us.

Except those freakazoid Jedi nutcases.
Dark_Lady is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

That is a very very short Fic. I would like it if you got this in the Jedi Archives. I hope for a Sequel to this Fic.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Dark_Lady
Forumite

Well, I actually wrote this to enter in a short story contest, but I was thinking of expanding on it. I've got an idea for a plot, unfortunately some of the details are rather hazy towards the end, so if I do post more, it'll have to be after all the kinks are worked out.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #4
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Love the punch line.

Welcome to CEC! Feel free to check out the stickies for more info and to leave tips of your own. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or another moderator. Whenever you want to put something in the Jedi Archives, the sticky there called How to post your fanfic here gives you the low-down on how to do that.
Have fun writing!

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
Dark_Lady
Forumite

I've got a question. I'm thinking of writing more to this fic, but I'm not entirely sure if I will. If I do, it will make the story much longer. Should I get just this story posted in the Jedi Archives anyway, or should I wait for the day when/if, I finish the entire thing?

Old 12-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
An excellent piece. The author ended it and wonders if she should continue. I say, yes!

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Eh...It's a good shortie...Nothing more, just a good shortie. Love the punchline, too.

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #8
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Great fic!

Although a little short, it was still very good, loved the punchline as many of the readers.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
Aristotélēsticus
Forumite

great fic, looking for more.
Aristotélēsticus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #10
Dark_Lady
Forumite

Alright, I promise I'll write more stuff on the character at least. This particular fic is done though. Later, though, after Christmas. Thanks for reading.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:09 AM   #11
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Hey, no problem. I love your fic, actually

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #12
anakin34
Rookie

really nice homes
anakin34 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #13
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Great! You should really write more fics.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > The Lost of the Jedi [short humorous fic]