lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who believe that the world's militaries may have been secretly builing star fleets?
hell yes 4 13.79%
hell no 17 58.62%
I am a stupid idiot sceptic. Who don't believe in Roswell or Area 51. Never will ! 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Who believe that the world's militaries may have been secretly builing star fleets?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-15-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Question Who believe that the world's militaries may have been secretly builing starfleets?

I have ask this curious question because I been watching Stargate SG-1 series for about 5 years and Stargate Atlantis for 2 years.

I have been fasinated by their portrayal of similar real world history and present events tied to both series.

This result have got me thinking about if similar events are really happening for real on Earth.

Also I always have had this idea in back of mind since being inform of Roswell and Area 51 over these years. But the thought have'nt resurface until now.

Last edited by windu6; 09-16-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I have ask this curious question because I been watching Stargate SG-1 series for about 5 years and Stargate Atlantis for 2 years.
You might want to take a break from watching them.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,298
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
We've got Overlord Xenu's armada on the run!


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 02:58 AM   #4
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak
 
Darth Groovy's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Joliet, IL, USA
Posts: 11,297
Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
Uh................teh Hell?!
Darth Groovy is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 03:02 AM   #5
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today
 
Black Knight of Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 3,908
Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I have been fasinated by their portrayal of similar real world history and present events tied to both series.
Seriously, that is probably the most used idea in TV. Take an event such as the JFK assassination or Watergate and build a plot around all what was left unexplained. You shouldn't believe TV shows made to entertain. Also, I would like to note that not ven USA has the money, resources or a cause to build a fleet. And even if they had the technology, wouldn't you think they would use it on current space flights too and in building the ISS or on planning how to build a base on the Moon or on Mars? Plus, even if Bush would have all that money, he would use it on his War on Terror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
This result have got me thinking about if similar events are really happening for real on Earth.
They aren't. First of all, if they were, there's always a weak link who will start rumours and then eventually blow the whole thing into a huge mess with conspiracy theories of all kinds and all that. Also, all that what has been done in SG-1 and it's spinoffs in the end are pretty obvious to those who make conspiracies for a living. They would have the press on the military base in a very short time.


"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 03:08 AM   #6
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
You might want to take a break from watching them.
What the f**k is that suppose to mean? Are you calling me a f**king naïve fool that believe because what see on tv is real it must be, jmac7142.

You don't understand nothing of what is real because the suppose smart people say it is not real.

Geniuses of this world are useless idiots. Realize !

I could give you 1000s of examples of that fact, but I will give you one.

The supposedly genius called Steven Hawking is a example of this.

If if he is so smart and know every f**king thing.

Then why the hell is he still in that weel chair and talking with the aid of computer if he supposedly to be a "genius".

You know you should wake your sceptical ass up and realize that there is more stuff happening in the universe then you could ever imagine.

Stop believing because you don't experiance with your four senses it can't be real or really happening.

I as have been trying to tell those igorant sceptics THE GOVERMENT LIES IT DONT TELL THE F**KING TRUTH WAKE YOUR ASS UP SMELL THE COFFEE jmac7142 AND DON'T BE A IDIOT AS THOSE SCEPTICS OUT THERE.

Last edited by windu6; 09-16-2006 at 04:10 AM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 03:16 AM   #7
Samuel Dravis
 
Samuel Dravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
What the f**k is that suppose to mean? Are you calling me a f**king naïve fool that believe because what see on tv is real it must be, jmac7142.

You don't understand nothing of what is real because the suppose smart people say it is not real.
What? lol! Do you actually believe those guys in the military with such big egos could ever keep a space fleet secret? Rediculous. Everyone would know about it. Plus, every country on earth can use radar to find things in space. People would know even if they did keep the secret.

Quote:
Geniuses of this world are useless idiots. Realize !

I could give you 1000s of examples of that fact, but I will give you one.

The supposedly genius called Steven Hawking is a example of this.

If if he is so smart and know every f**king thing.

Then why the hell is he still in that weel chair and talking with the aid of computer if he supposedly to be a "genius".
How does that affect his mind, may I ask? That's generally what 'genius' is measured by..

Quote:
You know you should wake your sceptical ass up and realize that there is more stuff happening in the universe then you could ever imagine.

Stop believing because you don't experiance with your four senses it can't be real or really happening.

I as have been trying to tell those igorant sceptics THE GOVERMENT LIES IT DONT TELL THE F**KING TRUTH WAKE YOU ASS UP SMELL THE COFFEE jmac7142 AND DON'T BE A IDIOT AS THOSE SCEPTICS OUT THERE.
Well, then give some reasonable evidence that it is actually happening then... simply because something hasn't been disproven explictly does not constitute proof of its existence.


"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 03:35 AM   #8
St. Jimmy
Registered User
 
St. Jimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Streets of shame
Posts: 1,461
Windu6, You may want to calm down...
ALIENS!! are cool. and every single one of them are just like the ones off the Simpsons (I forget their names now.) In fact, I have two. In my back-yard-swimming-pool-pool-house. And I know for a fact that Halo92 has two that live in his closet overnight and leave at exactly 5:00 AM every morning. Ask him.




The following tale of alien encounter is true and by true, I mean false. Its all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no.
St. Jimmy is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 03:37 AM   #9
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak
 
Darth Groovy's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Joliet, IL, USA
Posts: 11,297
Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
I suggest you guys put out the flames in this thread before I put them out for you. Savy?
Darth Groovy is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 03:40 AM   #10
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis
What? lol! Do you actually believe those guys in the military with such big egos could ever keep a space fleet secret? Rediculous. Everyone would know about it. Plus, every country on earth can use radar to find things in space. People would know even if they did keep the secret.

I am not even going respond to that. Much to learn you still have.

How does that affect his mind, may I ask? That's generally what 'genius' is measured by..

Well, then give some reasonable evidence that it is actually happening then... simply because something hasn't been disproven explictly does not constitute proof of its existence.
Yes! Yes! Give endless excuses to save Steven of criticism. He is a f**king useless scientist deal with it friend.

"Why do igorant sceptics always ask those igorant questions"? I don't know!

But a response to you question, THE PROOF IS ALLREADY OUT THERE..

Last edited by windu6; 09-16-2006 at 04:04 AM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 04:00 AM   #11
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Unhappy

I can't believe I am on a Star Wars fourm where some people on this fourm don't
believe in aliens, ET visitation and the possible existence of the Force in the universe and crictize people who want to live as Jedis.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 04:26 AM   #12
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today
 
Black Knight of Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 3,908
Roleplayer 
First of all, Stephen Hawking has proven that space travel similiar to the ones in sci-fi are possible. He is a genius, even if you wouldn't acknowledge that. However, I would like you to tell me how do you qualify a man to be a genius? Mr. Hawking is a genius in mathematics and especially physics, if I remember correctly. He sitting in a wheelchair is not his problem, but some other genius' who specialices in medical science.

People have said that your claim that any nation on Earth has a space fleet are false, that is what you initially asked. The "I don't believe in are 51 and aliens" is a problem with the freedom of speech, which also allows you to say you believe in those things. If there would not be freedom of speech, there would already be a group of police on your door. I myself am a devout believer in the fact that there very well might be life out there, as otherwise it would all be quite a waste of space, now wouldn't it? I am however a bit sceptical on if the US government has indeed covered up things related to aliens. I know they have covered things because of actual national safety, as if the government would tell the truth on some quite tragic mishaps in the past, there is a chance the nation would succumb into anarchy at least partly. The people do not need to know everything. Besides, if we knew everything, life would be boring, now wouldn't it?

And if we start speaking of the possibility of the Force in this world is pretty slim. We can't confirm if some race out there actually can use a power similiar to the Force, but a human being would not be able to use it as the laws of physics say that for example force speed would crush a human by the sudden movement and the pressure caused by the air. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, as my physics class hasn't gone that complicated yet.

I would also like to add that Star Wars has nothing to do with believing into alien lifeforms. Unless you have not noticed that Star Wars was created by George Lucas as a fictional story to entertain us.


"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 04:32 AM   #13
Samuel Dravis
 
Samuel Dravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
Yes! Yes! Give endless excuses to save Steven of criticism. He is a f**king useless scientist deal with it friend.
Why is he useless in particular? Hasn't he done some interesting research?

Quote:
"Why do igorant sceptics always ask those igorant questions"? I don't know!
Well, I do it because I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

Quote:
But a response to you question, THE PROOF IS ALLREADY OUT THERE..
Well, if the proof is so obvious, provide some. So far, I've never seen anything that makes me believe aliens are visiting the earth or the military is making a space fleet or w/e... nor have I heard any credible accounts of people that have had such experiences. I admit, there may be aliens and perhaps they do visit. However, I've not seen evidence that they have, so what's the point in believing it?

Also; notice that using space as a military platform is illegal under international agreement. These 'fleets' would have to be entirely peaceful or there'd be a pretty big ruckus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I can't believe I am on a Star Wars fourm where some people on this fourm don't
believe in aliens, ET visitation and the possible existence of the Force in the universe and crictize people who want to live as Jedis.
I'd believe in ETs if there was a reason to (no offense ET, I know you're there). AFAIK, there's not. I don't care if you want to live as a jedi, that's fine. They're pretty nice guys (most of them anyway). Just don't try to jump off a cliff and levitate to the ground; I doubt it will work. And then there would be paperwork to fill out, and paperwork is bad.


"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein

Last edited by Samuel Dravis; 09-16-2006 at 04:43 AM.
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #14
jon_hill987
Senior Member
 
jon_hill987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gloucester (UK)
Posts: 1,989
Current Game: BRINK
Forum Veteran 
Have you seen the 100th episode of SG-1? "Wormhole X-Treme" basicly a TV show is made based on the events of stargate, they let it run so that if the true story ever leaked out they could say that it was lies baced on the TV show. What if SG-1 is based on actual events and the Millatary didn't shut it down for the same reason?

Ever think of that?






jon_hill987 is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 04:48 AM   #15
Samuel Dravis
 
Samuel Dravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_hill987
Have you seen the 100th episode of SG-1? "Wormhole X-Treme" basicly a TV show is made based on the events of stargate, they let it run so that if the true story ever leaked out they could say that it was lies baced on the TV show. What if SG-1 is based on actual events and the Millatary didn't shut it down for the same reason?

Ever think of that?
What if the aliens were really the military, but the military was actually made up of aliens who liked the look of the uniforms? (Plus, they weren't really aliens, they were just people dressed up as aliens to make us think that they were, in order to decieve the entire world and cover up the secret plans of building a space fleet. But... what if it turned out that the space fleet was actually aliens and the military was faux fake created by the aliens to control us! Did you ever think of that?


No, can't say that I have.


"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 04:56 AM   #16
jon_hill987
Senior Member
 
jon_hill987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gloucester (UK)
Posts: 1,989
Current Game: BRINK
Forum Veteran 
BTW: I voted for "Hell No!"






jon_hill987 is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 05:11 AM   #17
Samuel Dravis
 
Samuel Dravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_hill987
BTW: I voted for "Hell No!"
Sorry. It's early in the morning and I'm being cranky.

My point was that in the absence of evidence for it, why bother believing it? It's not going to affect you if its not real, and you won't be able to do anything about it (since you don't have any actual knowlege of it) if it is. If it's real, then it will come out eventually. If it's not, it will stay like this forever, with people saying, "BELIEVE! The truth is OUT THERE!".. When it simply can't be determined. If you or anyone else wants to believe in aliens and secret spaceships, go ahead. I just don't see a point to it.


Oh, and I retract that "can't say that I have" statement I made a post up. Obviously I did think of it for a bit.


"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 05:26 AM   #18
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(•.°)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
What the f**k is that suppose to mean? Are you calling me a f**king naïve fool that believe because what see on tv is real it must be, jmac7142.
Oh you're a clever one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
You don't understand nothing of what is real because the suppose smart people say it is not real.

Geniuses of this world are useless idiots. Realize !

I could give you 1000s of examples of that fact, but I will give you one.

The supposedly genius called Steven Hawking is a example of this.

If if he is so smart and know every f**king thing.

Then why the hell is he still in that weel chair and talking with the aid of computer if he supposedly to be a "genius".
PROTIP: when calling someone an idiot, especially someone like Steven Hawking, spell **** correctly and don't mark up your text with useless color tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
You know you should wake your sceptical ass up and realize that there is more stuff happening in the universe then you could ever imagine.
Oh okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
Stop believing because you don't experiance with your four senses it can't be real or really happening.
I believe Dark Matter exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I as have been trying to tell those igorant sceptics THE GOVERMENT LIES IT DONT TELL THE F**KING TRUTH WAKE YOUR ASS UP SMELL THE COFFEE jmac7142 AND DON'T BE A IDIOT AS THOSE SCEPTICS OUT THERE.
It's like 5:30 AM, I'm up plenty early. Anyway, maybe this sort of formatting will get my point across:

THE 40 YEAR-OLD JOBLESS IDIOTS LIVING IN THEIR PARENTS' BASEMENTS THAT CAN AFFORD $4.95/MONTH TO PUT CRAP ON A SERVER LIE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT WAKE THE **** UP windu6 AND SMELL THE DECAFFINATED GREEN TEA AND DON'T BE AN IDIOT LIKE THOSE CONSPIRACY NUTS LIVING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #19
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
When I first saw this thread, I voted 'hell no', kinda shook my head and didn't think much else about it. Then, with this next stroke of genius, this nugget, if you will, windu6 became my all-time favorite member of Lucas Forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
What the f**k is that suppose to mean? Are you calling me a f**king naïve fool that believe because what see on tv is real it must be, jmac7142.

You don't understand nothing of what is real because the suppose smart people say it is not real.

Geniuses of this world are useless idiots. Realize !

I could give you 1000s of examples of that fact, but I will give you one.

The supposedly genius called Steven Hawking is a example of this.

If if he is so smart and know every f**king thing.

Then why the hell is he still in that weel chair and talking with the aid of computer if he supposedly to be a "genius".

You know you should wake your sceptical ass up and realize that there is more stuff happening in the universe then you could ever imagine.

Stop believing because you don't experiance with your four senses it can't be real or really happening.

I as have been trying to tell those igorant sceptics THE GOVERMENT LIES IT DONT TELL THE F**KING TRUTH WAKE YOUR ASS UP SMELL THE COFFEE jmac7142 AND DON'T BE A IDIOT AS THOSE SCEPTICS OUT THERE.
Thank you sir. Not that I agree with anything you say at all. Quite the contrary. It's a big bunch of horse ****. But never in all my days have I stared at horse **** in such amazement. Astonishment. Awe, even. Kudos, sir. Well done indeed.


CapNColostomy is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 05:56 AM   #20
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!
 
Lightsaberboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 1,373
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Riiight. We are secretly building our own ships like the Prometheus and Odyssey. It won't matter in the event of an alien invasion though, cause our 2 Tau'ri ships would be small and meaningless compared to their vast onslaught of goa'uld/Ori motherships.

If we were building them, they would seriously need some better weapons on those ships other than those freaking railguns.

But it's a good thing none of that exists....or does it?


It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 06:06 AM   #21
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
You're all so very wrong. Windu6 and I, together alone do we know the real truth about what secret mechanics are forged deep within Area 51. That our government has been preparing vehicles of the stellar variety for a single, sacred purpose: to fight off the Chaos hordes, to decimate the Goul'uld, to triumph over the mighty Zenu. And what mythical weapon is this that we hold? It is on the top of your head; you merely need to look up to see the government's lies:




Tyrion is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 AM   #22
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today
 
Black Knight of Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 3,908
Roleplayer 
That's one of the worst Photoshopped pictures I have seen. Oh well...


"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 06:27 AM   #23
Tyrion
nothing is real
 
Tyrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
Posts: 6,917
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight of Keno
That's one of the worst Photoshopped pictures I have seen. Oh well...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenu

I didn't do it.



Tyrion is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 06:29 AM   #24
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today
 
Black Knight of Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 3,908
Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion
It's still the worst photoshopped picture I've seen


"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #25
Samuel Dravis
 
Samuel Dravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
I believe Dark Matter exists.
Doesn't work anymore. :/

http://cosmicvariance.com/2006/08/21...matter-exists/


"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #26
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
OK, so to sum it up.

For (windu's arguments, not mine):
  • It'd be damned freakin' cool.
  • It was on Stargace SG-1 or whatever it's called [don't get me wrong, it's a good series, I just don't watch it as it doesn't run here in Norway, to my knowledge].
  • I believe UFOs exist.

Against:
Here I could list a myriad of arguments against, such as lack of resources, the evident leak that would occur, how the fleet would be spotted, or how , but I'll just go with "there's nothing to support that claim more than there is to support the existance of trolls, so no".

Scandinavian Space Ships:
Norwegian Skjold-class Interstellar M.T.B.:


Swedish Visby-Class Lunar Corvette:


If those things doesn't look like futuristic space ships, nothing on Earth does.
Quote:
Then why the hell is he still in that weel chair and talking with the aid of computer if he supposedly to be a "genius".
Please think before you talk.

Mental and physical handicaps are two different things. I've got a depression, and still I run like a cheetah. So does a depressed friend of mine.

Likewise, you can take someone who happens to be a slow runner who's a bit lazy and he might be the most sane man alive.

Quote:
This result have got me thinking about if similar events are really happening for real on Earth.
I've heard worse scenarios.

According to a series of focus groups done by the ACLU, the majority of the people in the US who are sufficiently nuts to support torture do so because of FOX's TV show 24.

And I suppose I could bring up the people who tuned in to what they thought was the news and what was in reality a dramatization of War of the Worlds.

Quote:
What the f**k is that suppose to mean? Are you calling me a f**king naïve fool that believe because what see on tv is real it must be, jmac7142.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Quote:
[Yes! Yes! Give endless excuses to save Steven of criticism. He is a f**king useless scientist deal with it friend.
Why, pray tell, is he useless? Please do address that one instead of sneaking away like a neo-con faced with the Downing Street Memo.

Quote:
I am a stupid idiot sceptic. Who don't believe in Roswell or Area 51. Never will!
Let me clarify: I do know that Area 51 exists. But I don't believe there are aliens there.


Last edited by Dagobahn Eagle; 09-16-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #27
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,427
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Uhh... Hell no?


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #28
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Cool Guy

Come on sceptics I just want you to give your opinions on the topic, not criticizing me by taking me as a f**king fool to be joke at.

I just want a serious disscusion on a very good topic as I have assume true Star Wars fans would like to have.

Or is just as have realize that there are'nt a lot of Star Wars fans on Lucasforums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142
Oh you're a clever one.

PROTIP: when calling someone an idiot, especially someone like Steven Hawking, spell **** correctly and don't mark up your text with useless color tags.

Oh okay.

I believe Dark Matter exists.

It's like 5:30 AM, I'm up plenty early. Anyway, maybe this sort of formatting will get my point across:

THE 40 YEAR-OLD JOBLESS IDIOTS LIVING IN THEIR PARENTS' BASEMENTS THAT CAN AFFORD $4.95/MONTH TO PUT CRAP ON A SERVER LIE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT WAKE THE **** UP windu6 AND SMELL THE DECAFFINATED GREEN TEA AND DON'T BE AN IDIOT LIKE THOSE CONSPIRACY NUTS LIVING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
Ok I tried to open up your mind to great amazing possibilities like that topic. But the hell with you sceptic.

You can go on all you want criticizing me but you will never undertand the possible truths out there.

Also if you still think that so called "genius" Steven Hawking is still useful, then continue to live in la la land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis
Why is he useless in particular? Hasn't he done some interesting research?

Well, I do it because I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

Well, if the proof is so obvious, provide some. So far, I've never seen anything that makes me believe aliens are visiting the earth or the military is making a space fleet or w/e... nor have I heard any credible accounts of people that have had such experiences. I admit, there may be aliens and perhaps they do visit. However, I've not seen evidence that they have, so what's the point in believing it?

Also; notice that using space as a military platform is illegal under international agreement. These 'fleets' would have to be entirely peaceful or there'd be a pretty big ruckus.

I'd believe in ETs if there was a reason to (no offense ET, I know you're there). AFAIK, there's not. I don't care if you want to live as a jedi, that's fine. They're pretty nice guys (most of them anyway). Just don't try to jump off a cliff and levitate to the ground; I doubt it will work. And then there would be paperwork to fill out, and paperwork is bad.
What the discovery of blackhole entropy and information absorb by normal blackholes will be reradiated in a googol years or so ?

Oh thats genius!

What about practical discoveries?

Why was I was so mistaken of the great Steven Hawking accomplishments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight of Keno
First of all, Stephen Hawking has proven that space travel similiar to the ones in sci-fi are possible. He is a genius, even if you wouldn't acknowledge that. However, I would like you to tell me how do you qualify a man to be a genius? Mr. Hawking is a genius in mathematics and especially physics, if I remember correctly. He sitting in a wheelchair is not his problem, but some other genius' who specialices in medical science.
I don't give a damn what he have proven or not he don't know nothing of this universe but the simple fact he is still stuck on Earth.

Oh he is so f**king good at mathematics and physics.

I am very good at both.

But that don't get him out of the flak.

He still did'nt do nothing amazing to be practical to humankind at large.

Hawking Radiation is only interesting to theoretical physictists not to mankind.

Untill he get out of that weel chair and talk with is own voice by his own doing, he will be an failure in the definition of a genius.

Got that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis

Well, if the proof is so obvious, provide some. So far, I've never seen anything that makes me believe aliens are visiting the earth or the military is making a space fleet or w/e... nor have I heard any credible accounts of people that have had such experiences. I admit, there may be aliens and perhaps they do visit. However, I've not seen evidence that they have, so what's the point in believing it?

Also; notice that using space as a military platform is illegal under international agreement. These 'fleets' would have to be entirely peaceful or there'd be a pretty big ruckus.
Keep believing that international agreements is the end of the story.

Keep living in la la land friend, if you enjoy it that much.

Last edited by ET Warrior; 09-16-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #29
Pie™
A peppermint nightmare.
 
Pie™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 4,132
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
*Flame removed* ~ET

*Keeps on living in la la land where there are no spaceships or monsters*




Pondering the mystery of rainbows, UFOs, and ****ing magnets.

Last edited by ET Warrior; 09-16-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Pie™ is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #30
edlib
Close to the Edge
 
edlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, MA., USA
Posts: 9,286
Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Yay! I'm a big fat stoopid idiot skeptic!

Please see my comments regarding my beliefs about the validity of huge government conspiracies in practically every other thread I've ever posted to.

I don't have the strength of will to bother repeating them here.

Again, I will side with the others posting here, though, and say that the burden of proof is on you who are making these (what seem to me radically outlandish *pardon the pun*) claims.

Show us something reasonable to look at that we can discuss rather than taking you at your word that you are far more intelligent than any of us (as well as the most acclaimed scientists of the last several generations ) and have seen irrefutable evidence and that we should all believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
Or is just as have realize that there are'nt a lot of Star Wars fans on Lucasforums.
Uh... Star Wars is a fun, entertaining work of fiction. Nothing more. Many of the most interesting things in the SW universe (special powers and technologies) just aren't possible in the real one. Sorry. That just not how physics work.

Makes good storytelling and movie-making though! But that's all it is.

And if you are so much smarter than Hawking, why haven't you left the planet? If it should be so easy for him, then it must be less than a piece of cake for you!


Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #31
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
*Removed unnecessary quote ~ET

We don't know 100% about what is going on in Area 51 because they keep still lying about the base existence.

But I will ask you if they still have black projects still ongoing there what can iit possibily be.

I can tell it is not jets there keeping secret.

The military have always been interested in flying much faster than Mach 3 since the SR 71s revelation.

You can't fly at Mach 6 to 10 speeds in a dense atomosphere without a hell of thermal friction and 20 to 80 Gs.

Unless they have some sort of antigravity technolgy to push the air molecules
out of there way to similate flying in a vacuum pocket.

Also with that ATG device to cancel out gravity.

Also Steven suppose to know every damn thing as the public portray him as.

So he should have already solve his disease of the musceles.

So don't give me that bull s**t buddy.

And I am not a f**king neo-con.

Last edited by ET Warrior; 09-16-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #32
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
Also Steven suppose to know every damn thing as the public portray him as.
Nope. He's supposed to know a lot in his field, but not "everything". You don't have to know everything to be a genius.

Quote:
So he should have already solve his disease of the musceles.
That's a different field altogether.

Quote:
What the discovery of blackhole entropy and information absorb by normal blackholes will be reradiated in a googol years or so ?

Oh thats genius!

What about practical discoveries?
The definition of "genius" is not "a person who discovers things useful to us and is not bound to a wheelchair".

A genius is a person with distinguished mental abilities. This can manifest either as a foremost intellect, or as an outstanding creative talent. The term also applies to one who is a polymath, or someone skilled in many mental areas. The term specifically applies to mental rather than athletic skills, although it is also colloquially used to denote the possession of a superior talent in any field; e.g., Maradona may be said to have a genius for soccer, or Winston Churchill for statesmanship.


Last edited by Dagobahn Eagle; 09-16-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #33
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib
Yay! I'm a big fat stoopid idiot skeptic!

Please see my comments regarding my beliefs about the validity of huge government conspiracies in practically every other thread I've ever posted to.

I don't have the strength of will to bother repeating them here.

Again, I will side with the others posting here, though, and say that the burden of proof is on you who are making these (what seem to me radically outlandish *pardon the pun*) claims.

Show us something reasonable to look at that we can discuss rather than taking you at your word that you are far more intelligent than any of us (as well as the most acclaimed scientists of the last several generations ) and have seen irrefutable evidence and that we should all believe...


Uh... Star Wars is a fun, entertaining work of fiction. Nothing more. Many of the most interesting things in the SW universe (special powers and technologies) just aren't possible in the real one. Sorry. That just not how physics work.

Makes good storytelling and movie-making though! But that's all it is.

And if you are so much smarter than Hawking, why haven't you left the planet? If it should be so easy for him, then it must be less than a piece of cake for you!
Who is talking about traveling to space.

I HAVE ASK IF THE WORLD'S MILITARIES ARE SECRETLY BUILING STAR FLEETS.

What the hell are you talking about?
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #34
Black Knight of Keno
Darth Tepe of today
 
Black Knight of Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 3,908
Roleplayer 
Windu, you seemingly can't understand how much Stephen Hawking has speeded the existance of speedy time travel that would be required for such things as an operational star fleet that you claim to be in existance. Now, if you truly do not want to believe he is great and will be honored 50 years from now in creating the basics of going around the laws of nature, that's up to you.

If you want to prove that controlling one's body after the nerve endings have been destroyed and so your brains cannot control anything is possible, you prove that. I can personally travel to your location just to see if you can do that. I would be honored to destroy your nerve endings if that's what you want and connect to a computer so you can talk. Let's see how good you are at running then. This whole crap about "If he would want to walk, he would walk" is bull****. It would basically be the same as you would have your whole body removed except the vital organs so you can just barely stay alive. I propose you stop using Uncyclopedia as your source of info and turn to a good source like wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_hawking

If you want to get responses that do not somehow "insult" you, I would recommend you to not insult others even if they are sceptics. There is still a thing called freedom of speech in the world


"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance,
the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe,
are challenged by this point of pale light.
Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
In our obscurity – in all this vastness – there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
"

- Carl Sagan
Black Knight of Keno is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #35
edlib
Close to the Edge
 
edlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Boston, MA., USA
Posts: 9,286
Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
Who is talking about traveling to space.

I HAVE ASK IF THE WORLD'S MILITARIES ARE SECRETLY BUILING STAR FLEETS.

What the hell are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I don't give a damn what he have proven or not he don't know nothing of this universe but the simple fact he is still stuck on Earth.
Oh he is so f**king good at mathematics and physics.
I am very good at both.
But that don't get him out of the flak.
He still did'nt do nothing amazing to be practical to humankind at large.
Hawking Radiation is only interesting to theoretical physictists not to mankind.
Untill he get out of that weel chair and talk with is own voice by his own doing, he will be an failure in the definition of a genius.
Got that !
That's what I'm talking about.

But, back on topic then: There are no starfleets.


Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #36
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester
 
Dagobahn Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 3,513
Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
Who is talking about traveling to space.

I HAVE ASK IF THE WORLD'S MILITARIES ARE SECRETLY BUILING STAR FLEETS.

What the hell are you talking about?
I'm lost here, as I thought star fleets were for travelling into space.

My bad.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #37
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight of Keno
Windu, you seemingly can't understand how much Stephen Hawking has speeded the existance of speedy time travel that would be required for such things as an operational star fleet that you claim to be in existance. Now, if you truly do not want to believe he is great and will be honored 50 years from now in creating the basics of going around the laws of nature, that's up to you.

If you want to prove that controlling one's body after the nerve endings have been destroyed and so your brains cannot control anything is possible, you prove that. I can personally travel to your location just to see if you can do that. I would be honored to destroy your nerve endings if that's what you want and connect to a computer so you can talk. Let's see how good you are at running then. This whole crap about "If he would want to walk, he would walk" is bull****. It would basically be the same as you would have your whole body removed except the vital organs so you can just barely stay alive. I propose you stop using Uncyclopedia as your source of info and turn to a good source like wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_hawking

If you want to get responses that do not somehow "insult" you, I would recommend you to not insult others even if they are sceptics. There is still a thing called freedom of speech in the world
Look! I did'nt not claim that the the militaries are or not builing star fleets. I gave my opinion that I believe it is happening until otherwise they open up all the secret bases on this world to the public.

Also I am not calling people with dissabilities failures.

To end this disscusion about Steven Hawking and get back to the topic.

He is a idiot, a scienticific failure until he do something more amazing than Theorectical topics as Quantum Gravity, String Theory and Blackholes physics.

Like builing a wormhole or a warp drive metric that will get humankind off this
boring planet and start exploring this galaxy.

Thats my opinion!

Last edited by windu6; 09-16-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #38
Windu Chi
Banned
 
Windu Chi's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Getting revenge on that traitor, Anakin.
Posts: 882
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlib
That's what I'm talking about.

But, back on topic then: There are no starfleets.
That's your opinion!

See wasn't that easy !

I have ask for opinions people not to called me names and a conspiracy nut.
Windu Chi is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #39
MTV2
It's all our turf
 
MTV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,173
Helpful! 
Quote:
We don't know 100% about what is going on in Area 51 because they keep still lying about the base existence.
they keep it secret because they dont want other countries knowing what they're doing in Area-51. Area-51 is the only base(to my knowledge) that is kept secret. and they want to keep it that way. the Peoples Liberation Army and the Middle-East Coalition are trying to find out all the new technology that the USMC have. Did you know that the army is a Decade ahead of our time? that means that they have technology now, that we will have in 10 years.

And since its kept secret, some conspiracy fools make up stories saying that aliens visit there.

Say your starting up a new business. You and partner want to keep it secret so that nobody steals your ideas and takes your business. so you make a room just for and your partner to work at in secrecy and tell no one what your doing. Now, dont you think someones not gunna make up stories of whats going on in there?

and yes, you are a conspiracy nut.

the only conspiracy i might believe in is that Armstrong and that other guy never made it on the moon. why? because there were no stars. now, that could be that the camera they used didn't capture them or that you just couldnt see the stars. but who cares, man has been on the moon several times, and that conspiracy doesnt affect my life in any ways. but i do believe Armstrong was on the moon, just dont know why there were no stars.

Quote:
He is a idiot, a scienticific failure until he do something more amazing than Theorectical topics as Quantum Gravity, String Theory and Blackholes physics.
O.M.G. you did not just say that. so your telling me that then you and everyone else with a smaller IQ then Hawkins are the stupidest, most idiotic person in all of mankind? Go Die.
MTV2 is offline   you may:
Old 09-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #40
TiE23
Get bent!
 
TiE23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Posts: 6,572
Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
Come on sceptics I just want you to give your opinions on the topic, not criticizing me by taking me as a f**king fool to be joke at.
We can't be sceptics of something that has absolutely no proof of existing.

This is on the level of saying "I have an X-Wing in my garage." then getting absolutely furious when you call me a liar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I just want a serious disscusion on a very good topic as I have assume true Star Wars fans would like to have.
Star Wars fans? Yes. Idiots who wear tin-foil hats? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
Or is just as have realize that there are'nt a lot of Star Wars fans on Lucasforums.
... You give Star Wars fans a bad name.


Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Last book: Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Dec 2013
TiE23 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Who believe that the world's militaries may have been secretly builing star fleets?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.