lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Exile: Male or Female?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Exile: Male or Female?

What the title says, and there wasn't a thread about this already. Do you think the Exile is best as a man or a woman?

I myself like her as a woman. The scenes with Sion were much better than they were a male Exile (It made him seem much more original than a normal Sith Lord to love the person he wanted dead), Atton had a bit more personality, the Disciple was a better party member than the Handmaiden, and for some reason I can't place my finger on, the whole game seemed better. I thought the only pro for a male exile was how Atris' hatred was better explained.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I

Last edited by Emperor Devon; 09-17-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I've played as both and I don't mind if the Exile is a Male or a Female. Revan on the other hand has no chance of being a Female though.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Female. I don't know why. For the longest time, it was Male, but then I RPed with FFWM as a female Exile.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
goldberry
Forumite

I generally feel that the cannon setup gives you the most gameplay-wise. LS Male Revan in K1 made me feel the game was more complete, same with LS Female Exile in K2.

goldberry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
Nema_Suneimi
Rookie

Female Exile, most definitely -- there's an element of nurturing in the Exile's effect on her party, gathering up the Lost Jedi, what-not, and gender-affinity as Kreia's successful protege (after Kreia was subjected to "indignities" by Sion and Nihilus). And I like Atton and the Disciple's silly crushes on the femme Exile.

Plus, what other guy could rival Revan? There's a yin and yang to Revan and the Exile. [In K1, I prefer female Revan for the Carth romance, but do agree that male Revan fits better for canon.]

Atton: I knew it! That stupid T3 unit stole our ship! It's probably joyriding through the system right now, laughing at us... laughing at *me*.

Atton: And another thing - stop being all noble around her, in your big hero way. She sees right through your little act. She likes honest guys, not guys who run around being unselfish and heroic all the time.

Last edited by Nema_Suneimi; 09-17-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Nema_Suneimi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
Jediphile
Persona non grata

The male exile is better precisely because Sion's "love" for the female exile is just stupid to the point of insult to me. Besides, the Handmaiden's sideplot is much more interesting than the Disciple's plot, which seems more like a non-plot to me, since it's just a connection back to the exile's day at the enclave, which doesn't even have any impact on the plot. Whether you love or loathe Brianna, she grows a lot as a person in the male Exile's plot, and her sideplot ties in with Atris' relationship to the exile, which seems more potent for the male Exile to me. Mical, on the other hand, has no plot and at most just gets to finish his abandoned jedi training and provide a bit more insight into the exile's special powers, which you learn from other character's anyway.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
Melly

Female. And I think the less I say on that the better. Suffice to say I agree with everything Emperor Devon posted.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
Female, for multiple reasons, of which most are already posted.

1. It's canon

2. There seems to be a passion involved in doing what you're doing in the game that I can't picture a male doing.

3. Sion is made special. (Everyone wants the Exile this way, just like how everyone wanted Trin in the Matrix )

4. Feels more complete to me.

More or less the same reasons as everybody else.

DQK out

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Female.
I just don't get turned on by a half-naked Brianna. Disciple's good for lab stuff and medpaks, too. Some of the cut scenes and discussions with Disciple explain a few things that you don't get from Handmaiden. They're not critical to the plot, but it's nice to have those puzzle pieces.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 PM   #10
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
I just don't get turned on by a half-naked Brianna.
Since you're most likely a heterosexual, I would expect not. But then again, I wasn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Mical, on the other hand, has no plot
There actually are a number of cutscenes with him and Kreia that relate to the main plot. You can also have some talks with him about the Republic and his thoughts on the Jedi. I found him to be more interesting to talk to myself.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2006, 01:12 AM   #11
Melly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Since you're most likely a heterosexual, I would expect not. But then again, I wasn't either.
The reason I didn't find Handmaiden attractive was because she is way too skinny (that and I'm a Bao girl ). I think this about Mira too, but Mira makes up for it in personality, IMO Handmaiden doesn't, however. I mean even as a girl I can recognize and appreciate feminine beauty and I think the only one that really wins in that category is Visas. And she has no eyes!

I said I wasn't going to talk about this, but I can't help myself it seems. Though I liked playing a male Exile I didn't like the relationship between Handmaiden and the Exile. It seemed too much to me like she was looking for a replacement for her father in him. And, again like Emperor Devon, I find Disciple much more interesting to talk to, but then people have told me I should be a philosopher. It also seems to me that Di and the Exile would have more in common than Handmaiden and the Exile. Except for their knowing Atris there is nothing (which in of it's self I find odd that the Jedi would have these handmaiden "servants". )

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords

Last edited by Melly; 09-18-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #12
Vegard Aune
Rookie

Female is canon, so I'll have to say that, though I just about always play as a male, and really, I think that Sion's personality is the only REAL advantage females have.
Vegard Aune is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 01:36 AM   #13
Melly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune
Female is canon, so I'll have to say that
So? What does "canon" have to do with what gender you see the Exile as? I see Revan as female, and they made Revan canonically male, but that doesn't change my opinion one bit, she's still female to me. And it shouldn't change yours about the Exile either if you see him as male.

~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Old 09-18-2006, 02:36 AM   #14
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly
So? What does "canon" have to do with what gender you see the Exile as?
Exactly!

So to keep the potential harassment to the minimum I issue this thread warning to everyone;

Any further posts attempting to shove canon into this will be deleted as off topic. This topic has nothing to do with the 'canon' Exile...

The topic is your thoughts on which gender for the Exile is better.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 03:29 AM   #15
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
There actually are a number of cutscenes with him and Kreia that relate to the main plot. You can also have some talks with him about the Republic and his thoughts on the Jedi. I found him to be more interesting to talk to myself.
Yes, but you learn nothing from Disciple that relates to the main plot that you don't learn from other characters anyway, and I found his whole "I couldn't be a jedi after you left"-plot a very disappointing sob-story. I don't really dislike Mical, but in that case, I really did go, "cry my a river, why don't you?" By comparison I found Brianna's "betrayal"-plot far more powerful.

Mical has some nice comments along the way, but it's all just talk.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #16
Vegard Aune
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly
So? What does "canon" have to do with what gender you see the Exile as? I see Revan as female, and they made Revan canonically male, but that doesn't change my opinion one bit, she's still female to me. And it shouldn't change yours about the Exile either if you see him as male.
In that case, I'll say male instead, as the game seems more completed for males. (It seems like most of the stuff that could make Disciple a good character was cut...)
Vegard Aune is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #17
Gavroche
Rookie

Mmm... Female.. Or Male, I'm not sure of my choice.

I like the passion Visas feels for the Male Exile, and the consequences it implies in the battle against Dth Nihilus. And Kreia's plan seems more complete with Brianna (she knows the feelings she has for the Exile, so she manages to make the Handmaiden taking her to Atris after the confrontation with the Jedi Masters).
Also, the Handmaiden, with a Female, is doomed to stay The-Lastest-Of-The-Echani-Sisters while she has the potential to become a great Jedi.

The Disciple... Mmm... He is useful as a lab, and then... ? There isn't the same story of betrayal. And his classes Soldier>Consular, that's stupid (not enough WIS to make him a good Consular).
And, to compare with Brianna if the Exile is a Male, he preserves a good job with the Republic, and more important doesn't care about becoming a Jedi because it was HIS decision not to persevere in this way.

Sion. Mm. Yes, he is really more interesting with a Female Exile. Too bad she has to kill him. Not enough development with this idea.

What else ?
I prefer play a whole hour with a Female in underwear in Peragus that with a Male XD ..

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #18
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Before Stoffe’s mod “Handmaiden choice for females” I’d have to go with my Exile being male, but since that mod I’d go with female 99% of the time. I didn’t really like any of the male skins, plus dislike Disciple enough to play as male without Stoffe’s wonderful mod. So my vote is female as long as Disciple isn’t invited to the party.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #19
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Yes, but you learn nothing from Disciple that relates to the main plot that you don't learn from other characters anyway,
True, but I found talking to him about the Republic to be more interesting than sparring with a half-naked Echani.

Quote:
and I found his whole "I couldn't be a jedi after you left"-
That I think was made solely for the purpose of making him a Jedi.

Quote:
By comparison I found Brianna's "betrayal"-plot far more powerful.
I don't know about you, but the Handmaiden didn't seem to think she betrayed Atris when she went back to Telos. She's really just a personality-devoid servant who you supposedly turn to your side.

But even so, the Disciple is just part of why I like a female Exile. There's Darth Sion, Atton, the huge lack of female Sith Lords and strong characters, etc...

Quote:
Old 09-18-2006, 09:30 PM   #20
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
True, but I found talking to him about the Republic to be more interesting than sparring with a half-naked Echani.
I think some of the reason people like Brianna better (besides looks) is that a. her hair is better (Mical has this Ken-doll hard plastic blond thing going) and she doesn't say "You have left me an OH-pening!!!" every .36 seconds in battle.

However, I still like his story better, and there's a mod to get rid of his 'battle cry'.
Every time I see a half-naked Brianna, the only thing I can think is (rolling eyes) "Yeah, yeah, LA/Obsidian's attempt to keep the interest of hormonal males...."

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #21
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Every time I see a half-naked Brianna, the only thing I can think is (rolling eyes) "Yeah, yeah, LA/Obsidian's attempt to keep the interest of hormonal males...."
They certainly thought poorly of us.

What's even more amusing and ridiculous about those "sparring" matches is that Brianna claims stripping to almost nothing is to put no restrictions upon movement, yet her sisters in the academy say the same thing while wearing the same outfit she does during the matches...

Quote:
Old 09-19-2006, 01:50 AM   #22
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thinking about it now, I think both the Handmaiden and the Disciple should've been in the game. G0-T0 could be replaced (I tried using him and he weren't that great) and he didn't add much to the story, except see the Remote at the end. That could still happen though. Also both the Handmaiden and the Disciple are needed to advance the story.

Handmaiden's reasons:

1. To advance the story with Atris and her downfall.

2. Kreia seems to be interested with the Handmaiden.

3. Become one of the Jedi to help rebuild the Order.

4. Soon become better than her sisters.

5. Show the relationship between her and Visas (If Male PC).

Disciples's reasons:

1. To show more relationship between him and Carth.

2. Kreia seems to be interested with the Disciple.

4. Help find out about the Sith.

5. Show the relationship between him and Atton (If Female PC).
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2006, 03:35 AM   #23
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Well, the sparring bit is pretty low, I'll agree. But I still find Brianna more interesting than Mical. The love story isn't so good, since Brianna seems to see far too much of her lost father in the male Exile for it to be a healthy relationship to me. Then again, the same is true for Mical, who seems to follow the female Exile only out of some lovestruck schoolboy mentality, which is not the case for Brianna - she was ordered to join the Exile's party by Atris. There are actually voiceacting for this in the soundfiles, pointing to yet another deleted cutscene, where Atris orders Brianna to the quest to Brianna's surprise.

Quote:
That I think was made solely for the purpose of making him a Jedi.
You could be right, but that actually makes it worse in my eyes, because then it's just bad (=forced) plot instead of poor characterization.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but the Handmaiden didn't seem to think she betrayed Atris when she went back to Telos. She's really just a personality-devoid servant who you supposedly turn to your side.
Well, she does say that she is willingly betraying Atris when you train her as a jedi, which then prompts Kreia's "Betrayal!", which echoes onto a cutscene with Atris on Telos. I really miss that "Betrayal!" in the female Exile's story - that was just so cool!

Quote:
But even so, the Disciple is just part of why I like a female Exile. There's Darth Sion, Atton,
The whole love-interest is just stupid for Sion, if you ask me. When I played male, he was a dark, ominous enemy with incredible powers. When I played female he turned into a love-confused puppy

Quote:
the huge lack of female Sith Lords and strong characters, etc...
What does that have to do with anything????

Not that I disagree, really - generally Star Wars could do with more strong female characters, but it's not an issue here. Besides, the Exile is scarcely a strong character in that sense, seeing as how he/she goes through the whole plot unaware of his/her true nature, while all the other jedi knew all along. Add to that the exile has been fleeing his/her choice at Malachor for a decade, and we have a very anti-heroic protagonist. I like that, but it certainly doesn't point to a strong leading character. If you want a strong female lead, then Revan would be a much better choice than Exile. In fact, most Star Wars protagonists probably would be, since the Exile is about the most timid and cowed protagonist I've ever seen.

Quote:
They certainly thought poorly of us.

What's even more amusing and ridiculous about those "sparring" matches is that Brianna claims stripping to almost nothing is to put no restrictions upon movement, yet her sisters in the academy say the same thing while wearing the same outfit she does during the matches...
I guess that they - unlike Brianna and Atton - just didn't know the Echani etiquette rituals

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-19-2006 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
Old 09-19-2006, 07:29 AM   #24
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Every time I see a half-naked stick figure Brianna the only thing I can think is "I wonder where she's concealing all those muscles she supposedly has as a strong melee brawler." Her underwear appearance just doesn't look very fit or muscular at all, which matches poorly against how she's portrayed in the game.

As for the Exile I prefer her as a female for a variety of reasons already mentioned by others in this thread, in addition to the appearance. I don't like how all the male characters in the KotOR games seem physically deformed with their torso proportionally too large compared to their legs and how they have no buttocks. It looks kind of creepy how they all have their legs directly attached to their lower back, and how they walk like they are badly constipated. (I guess that's a bioware thing, the same thing was true for the male models in NWN.) Shallow perhaps, but I can't connect with a character looking like that, nor stand to gaze upon them for 50+ hours. It just seems more effort has been put into the female models and animations.

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 09-19-2006 at 10:41 AM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #25
mongerman
Rookie

Thats funny. I prefer males over females for the same reason. The female models all look too gangly and loose limbed to me.
mongerman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #26
Gavroche
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie

Oh, yes, I forgot that. But it's something I always like to see these scenes with Kreia and the Dsiciple. After reflexion, it quite replaces the "Bretayal!" moment. And there is another scene with the Exile and the Disciple are meditating with Kreia, watched by Atton who is interrupted by Mira.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #27
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
There are actually voiceacting for this in the soundfiles, pointing to yet another deleted cutscene, where Atris orders Brianna to the quest to Brianna's surprise.
There's more cut content for the Handmiaden in 262TEL. She also has a short conversation with Kreia, a better confrontation with her sisters, some alternate dialogue for them to about her during their cutscenes, alternate lines in general, and a different reason for joining your party on the Ebon Hawk.

Quote:
You could be right, but that actually makes it worse in my eyes, because then it's just bad (=forced) plot instead of poor characterization.
You could say the Handmiaden's was as well. Her father could've loved any woman to have her.

Quote:
I really miss that "Betrayal!" in the female Exile's story - that was just so cool!
It is pretty cool. And there's some even better (cut) content for female Exiles on Malachor. Yes, it's not here now, but we'll all be able to enjoy it eventually. Atton killing Mical, being tortured to death by Sion, and lastly dying in the Exile's arms (well, more like on the ground but near her arms) adds some flavor to the game.

Quote:
The whole love-interest is just stupid for Sion, if you ask me. When I played male, he was a dark, ominous enemy with incredible powers. When I played female he turned into a love-confused puppy
I liked that. I've seen far too many "I'm gonna rule the universe and kill everyone, including you!!" Sith Lords. It gets repetitive, and Sion was something new.

Quote:
but it's not an issue here.
For me it is. I thought the Exile was a strong character, and if she's a female, that makes her a strong female character...

Quote:
seeing as how he/she goes through the whole plot unaware of his/her true nature, while all the other jedi knew all along.
That goes for Revan as well.

Quote:
Add to that the exile has been fleeing his/her choice at Malachor for a decade, and we have a very anti-heroic protagonist.
I wouldn't say that makes her any stronger or weaker a character. The Council exiled her, and she opportunities in the game to say that Malachor was a glorious and wonderful battle. That doesn't strike me as fleeing her choice.

Quote:
I like that, but it certainly doesn't point to a strong leading character. If you want a strong female lead, then Revan would be a much better choice than Exile.
Revan I think is best as a male character. There are quite a few reasons I have for it, but they're not related to whether the Exile should be a male or female.

Quote:
In fact, most Star Wars protagonists probably would be, since the Exile is about the most timid and cowed protagonist I've ever seen.
There aren't many people who've gone on journeys of self-awakening while killing hundreds, defeating three Sith Lords, and saving/weakening the galaxy.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2006, 01:45 AM   #28
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Male, makes me less feel g**, you know.

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #29
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

That is something immature to say.

Actually I prefer male Exile (yes I know canon Exile is female) Well for one I really dislike that creepy stalkiing perv scumbag of a jedi wannabe desciple. And, a male Exile does work better when it comes to Visas. With a female Exile, Atton looks too much like a Han Solo wannabe.

Well, Brianna can be done better also, but as least she is not creepy and annoying. As in, even if I get annoyed by her, I would not have the urge to jetterson her out of the airlock into hyperspace, nor would I enjoy shredding her to ribbons painfully.

And yes, Go-To should NOT be a playable character. His story is interesting yes, but for the most part he is just annoying. He can be on the ship, I have no problems with that, but playable? I think that is quite unnecessary. I rather tham give me a little pet gizka or something.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2006, 09:11 PM   #30
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Quote:
Thinking about it now, I think both the Handmaiden and the Disciple should've been in the game. G0-T0 could be replaced (I tried using him and he weren't that great) and he didn't add much to the story, except see the Remote at the end. That could still happen though. Also both the Handmaiden and the Disciple are needed to advance the story.

Handmaiden's reasons:

1. To advance the story with Atris and her downfall.

2. Kreia seems to be interested with the Handmaiden.

4. Soon become better than her sisters.

5. Show the relationship between her and Visas (If Male PC).

Disciples's reasons:

1. To show more relationship between him and Carth.

4. Help find out about the Sith.

5. Show the relationship between him and Atton (If Female PC).
Pottsie is got a point. I agree on Disciple and Handmaiden should be both in game because both of them can be trained as Jedi Consular/Jedi Guardian. Well, one melee specialist, one cockpit pilot, one assassinate droid, one expert droid, 2 Jedi (Not counting Exile), one expert engineer, one historian, one bounty hunter, and a Maladore general (Who has a real army!) is perfect because everything is solved here--no more worries. But for 2 expert droids, exp. 1 of them is a *crime lord*, I hate this idea. Like I said before, if I want to play basketball with anybody, I'll first choose him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
That is something immature to say.
And yes, Go-To should NOT be a playable character. His story is interesting yes, but for the most part he is just annoying. He can be on the ship, I have no problems with that, but playable? I think that is quite unnecessary. I rather tham give me a little pet gizka or something.
I agree. Goto is pain in the a**. He sabotaged Bao-Dur's pet droid, and want Bao-Dur to upgrade for him? Forget it! If I were Bao-Dur, I'll borrow the lightsaber from Nihilus(My name to Exile) and shred him into thousands of piece-Even thinner than paper from shredder!

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 05:43 AM   #31
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Female. Even though I'm male.

Out of all new NPCs in KOtor II, I liked Atton the best. I did never like Visasor the Handmaiden. Their personalities are so... unnatural to me

Anyway, Atton is a lot of fun and the interaction with him is just better when you're female. Additionally, Mical had a few interesting things to tell (apart from that I can't stand him).
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #32
bleachcreep21
Lurker

Quote:
I've played as both and I don't mind if the Exile is a Male or a Female. Revan on the other hand has no chance of being a Female though.
I'm the exact opposite regarding KOTOR I - the game seemed much more interesting with a female Revan - especially where Carth, Malak, and Master Vrook was concerned. I like male Revan only for the fact that you can torment Bastila.
bleachcreep21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #33
Allronix
Forumite

Quote:
What the title says, and there wasn't a thread about this already. Do you think the Exile is best as a man or a woman?

I play a LSF Revan, and can go on for pages about why that was, IMO the best story for Knights 1.

For Knights 2? Darksider Male - all the way.

First of all, Brianna had the closest thing anyone got to a full-blown story arc. She starts off the weakest, the shunned and despised product of an affair that destroyed both parents. And when she returns, she is the herald of doom for those who were stronger than her before. Mical, as great as he is for game mechanics, does not have that arc in his favor.

Second, Atris's jealousy and bitterness. OK, you could go for a Juhani and wonder if a female Exile could provoke the same reaction, but it makes more sense for her to get very bitter over someone she loved choosing Revan over her. Especially if you factor in how she could never say or do anything about her feelings to begin with because of the Order and her dogmatic approach.

Third, Kreia's speech about whether Visas's scars would "excitre" the Exile. That has to be the most freaking creepy thing I've ever heard in a game.

Fourth, Sion "loving" a female Exile makes little sense, but a couple guys jockying for power does - especially given Sion's approach to anything.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Exile: Male or Female?