lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Jaden Korr - Male Or Female
Male 7 43.75%
Female 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Jaden Korr - Male Or Female
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Jaden Korr - Male Or Female

I will soon be making a Trilogy, based on Jedi Academy (A rewrite of my so called Jedi Forces Trilogy). Anyway, I have no idea whether to make Jaden male or female. Iíve already had a Fic with a male Jaden (Which is canon) and I was thinking of having a female Jaden, who would get married to Rosh etc. If male, he would marry a new student (Not trying to give much away). Since I canít make up my mind, I thought my fellow Forumites could help me. Vote and please post why. Thanks.

Edit: I voted for male, because I think Jaden is better male and I'm currently writing for a male Jaden, but I don't mind if you all vote female. Besides, there needs to be more female Jedi.

Last edited by Pottsie; 09-26-2006 at 02:06 AM.
Diego Varen is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Hmmm, i always liked the thought of Jaden being a female and marrying Rosh, probably getting some sense on him by slapping him around.

So, yeah, you have my answer.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #3
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I voted female, just because the canon for these games always has you playing male. JKII, JA, KOTOR, KOTOR II... well, most of the JK games. Mysteries of the Sith does seem to have been an exception...

But I'm rambling. Basically, I voted female.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
i'll go with female, just for the heck of it

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Well not counting my vote, I'll do Jaden as a female. Also it is strange how the people who voted for Jaden as a male haven't said. I'm going to play Jedi Academy again later as a female, so I can do her in my Fic, before writing. My female Jaden is always different to my male Jaden, like my male Exile is different to my female Exile. Also wildjedi, I believe the canon gender for the Exile is female. I think Star Wars needs more female heroes. It's decided. I'll do a female Jaden.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
Man......

I strongly oppose this, but it's your idea though. Good luck. I voted male because I played male mostly, sometimes I choose Twi'Lek Female because of fun.

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #7
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Oh and, no Zabrak's and Twi'leks if she's marrying Rosh, in case you forget.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker
I was going to make Jaden Human anyway...
Old 09-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #9
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
Well not counting my vote, I'll do Jaden as a female. Also it is strange how the people who voted for Jaden as a male haven't said. I'm going to play Jedi Academy again later as a female, so I can do her in my Fic, before writing. My female Jaden is always different to my male Jaden, like my male Exile is different to my female Exile. Also wildjedi, I believe the canon gender for the Exile is female. I think Star Wars needs more female heroes. It's decided. I'll do a female Jaden.

Oh, wow! Last time I checked Wookiepedia, the Exile was male. Guess they changed their minds

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Nope, Exile's a fem. And a good one too...
Old 09-26-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
I voted female because I've read too many rpgs and fanfics about Jaden being a man. It's gotten boring( and she marring Rosh is a huge NO)

Make love, not toast.

Last edited by steven; 09-26-2006 at 02:08 PM.
steven is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #12
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Josh? Who's Josh? I think it's good, love is allowed, and she can slap and hack some sense into him.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #13
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
This might just be me but I feel that ROSH should have been killed by Alora. I've never liked him.

Make love, not toast.
steven is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2006, 02:12 PM   #14
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven
This might just be me but I feel that ROSH should have been killed by Alora. I've never liked him.
I plan on improving his character. I admit, that he wasn't my favourite character either. I plan on making Jaden and Rosh, well you know. Anyway, I won't reveal more. You'll have to read. Writing Chapter 1 of 13 of the first part.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:17 AM   #15
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sithô

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker
I wonder why people always say things like this? What would be the matter with this?

Maybe I have played too many RPG's but the fact is that you cannot control love and attraction, I am quite sure that relationships between different species can and do occur in Star Wars. They do all throughout sci-fi... curious.

I played Jaden as a female twilek.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 09-27-2006, 04:31 AM   #16
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
I wonder why people always say things like this? What would be the matter with this?

Maybe I have played too many RPG's but the fact is that you cannot control love and attraction, I am quite sure that relationships between different species can and do occur in Star Wars. They do all throughout sci-fi... curious.

I played Jaden as a female twilek.
That's just you talking because you wouldn't mind doing it with Mission. But now, this is getting off topic, and i hope this turns out a successful fic Pottsie!

Not really. I just see this opinion often (Around here anyway) and just think it is strange... especially with the plethora of inter species relationships in sci-fi. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-27-2006 at 05:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #17
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I don't care about interspecies/intraspecies relationships as long as they aren't overly descriptive for a PG-13 forum.

I don't recall seeing anything saying different SW species can't get together, but I've not read EU exhaustively. I just assumed that unless shown otherwise, the the different humanoid species could get together, because they haven't had retentive anatomy discussions that might lead me to think otherwise. In fact, the only time I saw a case where a human couldn't with an alien in _any_ sci-fi was in CJ Cherryh's 'Cuckoo's Egg' (which is a fabulous book, btw).

Just make Jaden whoever you want, Pottsie, and have fun writing it.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 09-28-2006, 06:15 AM   #18
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

How about releasing parallels? You could start one fic with a chick Jaden and another with male Jaden.

I pick a male JAden, though, because I just do, dunno why. It would be interesting to see a female Jaden, however...

Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #19
DarthDani23
Rookie

I'd say female Jaden.... I agree with Jason I always liked to think about Rosh and Jaden getting married they make a cute couple

"I sense your presence Jaden."- Rosh
"Rosh, what are you doing here?"- Jaden
"The Disiples of Ragnos brought me, at first I thought they would kill me but I was wrong about them. Do you know how much power there is in the darkside. Kyle was holding us back, Jaden. You should feel the power, it's like nothing you have ever felt."-Rosh

DarthDani23 is offline   you may:
Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #20
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDani23
I'd say female Jaden.... I agree with Jason I always liked to think about Rosh and Jaden getting married they make a cute couple
Well DarthDani23, I did in the end do a female Jaden Fic.

Than I shall waive my magic wand and... presto! Thread closed... unless you need it later on Pottsie then a simple PM can fix that! -RH

Good one, RedHawke. I thought I was closing it and you beat me to it by literally moments--I ended up reopening it. And reclosing. --Jae
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > Jaden Korr - Male Or Female