lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ki-Adi-Mundi's last scene (spoilers)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-01-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
british lad
Rookie

Ki-Adi-Mundi's last scene (spoilers)

What did you guys think of Ki-Adi-Mundi's death scene? Compared to most of the jedi's death I think he got the best, I love the music for it and him shouting "come on" to his troops and then suddenly turn on him and the look on his face was brilliant. Plus he got to take down some of the plastic faced clones with him
british lad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I suppose it was one of the better order 66 deaths, I didn't see him take any Clones down though.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
arkodeon
Rookie

He deflected shots with his lightsaber before going down. I think that's what he means.
arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

The Padawan at the temple put up a much better fight TBH.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

Old 02-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
Justus

Yeah that padawan wasted quite a few of those plastic boys before finally getting it.

Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
The Padawan at the temple put up a much better fight TBH.
Then again, it was a totally different scenario. Ki-Adi-Mundi really had no chance of surviving. Zett choose to save Senator Organa. Though, it was a rather noble cause.

Quote:
I suppose it was one of the better order 66 deaths, I didn't see him take any Clones down though.
I looked like he did have a chance to take down any. Plus he was suprised, I think.....because they had rebelled against him for the time being.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 08:04 AM   #7
arkodeon
Rookie

Still, Zett was facing thousands of Clonetroopers, and managed to fight his way onto the balcony. The way he died, though... doesn't sit well with me.

): He should have survived. That way, he could have been in the TV show. D:
Old 02-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
Justus

I'm not so sure he was trying to save Bail Organa or not. The clones make no attempt at killing him, and even after Bail witnesses Zakk taking out a few of the clones, you can hear a clone shout "Let him go" even though he is an eye witness to what had just transpired. Personally I think Zakk was trying to make his way to Bail's speeder so he could escape.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #9
SirLancelot

I would have to agree. Ki Adi Mundi did have the best "Oder 66 execution" of the Jedi int he film. Ironic, when you figure he was the least military minded of the Jedi Council.

I hoped my baby, Aayla, would have had a more dramatic death(actually I was hoping she would have escaped)but they shot her in the back. *SNIFF*

Darasuum Kote (Mandalorian for Eternal Glory)
-Motto of the Clone Army

http://www.imperialcommandos.com/main.htm
http://www.clonetroopers.net/
SirLancelot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Your baby Aayla?

What makes you say that Ki-Adi Mundi was the least military minded?

- Halo_92

Old 02-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #11
Justus

Ki-Adi-Mundi seems to be one of the few Jedi who actually got to face his betrayers, the rest of the clones used cowardly tactics against the Jedi - shooting them in the back, blasting them off of speeders etc. I think the clones needed the element of suprise on their side since they knew they would've had a harder time facing an aware Jedi.

I don't think any Jedi were exactly military minded, they were more or less thrown into a conflict and were forced to assume that role. I'm sure there were alot of Jedi that felt uneasy in that kind of role, but they were fighting for what they thought was the survival of the Republic, and that was the Jedi's first priority.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #12
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

Ki-Adi did have the best death. It was great, he was so shocked. His reaction wasnt bad but it didnt get him anywhere.

Zett put up an amazing fight, hes such a good swordsman! Interestingly enough Zett was played by Jett (Lucas) George Lucas' son.
Fealiks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #13
lord ignarn

Ki Adi had the best death, others werenīt so lucky. But the deaths shown in the movie were of those jedi that werenīt too know, letīs be fair, not a lot people know Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi... I think itīs some kind of tribute to them.

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way to get lost When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. This is the first and cardinal rule of combat. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself..."

Hattori Hanzo.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #14
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

I really liked Plo Koons death scene, just because of the amazing scenery on the planet and that great line Temuera Morrison delivered.

- Halo_92

Old 02-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #15
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Isn't this about Ki-Adi-Mundi? lol. Yes, his death may have been the better of the deaths. But he died nonetheless. Anyway, I think Mace Windu got the "better" death. Only because there was an actual battle.

Old 02-04-2006, 05:52 AM   #16
lord ignarn

Actually I found Maces death a bit disapointing. I know that it show the evil nature of the dark side, the deception of Palpatine,and Anakins full entrance in the dark side. But I would have prefered he falling in the battle against Anakin or Palpatine, not receiving force shock and then falling from the window.

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way to get lost When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. This is the first and cardinal rule of combat. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself..."

Hattori Hanzo.
lord ignarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #17
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

Maces death was rubbish. Palp ruined it by being such a crap swordsman; if it was real mace would have owned palpatine
Old 02-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #18
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
And mace Windu did own Palpatine, but Anakin "sliced" of Mace's hand that had the loghtsaber before he could destroy the Sith Lord.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #19
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

oh yeah... sorry I haven't watched it in ages.
I would've liked to have seen more clone-slaying by the jedi before they got killed, it was pretty annoying seeing one of the only people putting any effort in it to be Zett.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #20
j-muny
Rookie

I think all the jedi got a pretty brutal death, mace's death struck a nerve with me, He basically beat palpatine and then anakin cut his hand off then palp killed him and acted like he was the top dog. It makes me mad everytime i watch that scene haha.

i have the widescreen version of the movie, and ki adi mundi does kill like 2 or 3 clones while they are shooting at him. Its in there just look harder.
j-muny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #21
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fealiks
oh yeah... sorry I haven't watched it in ages.
I would've liked to have seen more clone-slaying by the jedi before they got killed, it was pretty annoying seeing one of the only people putting any effort in it to be Zett.
lol, and Yoda.

- Halo_92

Old 02-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #22
Redtech
Veteran

Windu's death is embarrasing. I mean, he screams like a girl, the Emperor goes "UNLiiiiiiiiiiiimited POW3r" like a n00b on X-box live (with voice chat for the first time) and Annakin bows down in front of Palp's crotch.

Give me Jar Jar destroying the Trade feds any day of the week.

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #23
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtech
Emperor goes "UNLiiiiiiiiiiiimited POW3r"
****ing awesome.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #24
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

Quote:
lol, and Yoda.
the shorties really are the best, arent they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-muny
i have the widescreen version of the movie, and ki adi mundi does kill like 2 or 3 clones while they are shooting at him. Its in there just look harder.
you dont need to look harder you just need to open your eyes! Its right in there! He deflects blaster bolts ... they hit the clone troopers ... one of the bolts hits ki-adi, its that simple.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #25
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
One bolt hits him? More like a dozen! Go frame by frame, he gets hit by a huge barrage of fire! Of course "the one that got through" is what starts it, sure...

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #26
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

One makes him drop his lightsaber and then thats it.

- Halo_92

Old 02-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #27
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

it was pretty stupid how the clone troopers on Kashyyk (I think its Kashyyk.... the one with the giant flowers lol) just kept shooting the Twi'lek Jedi* for about an hour after she died.... ŽŽ

*yeah yeah... sorry for being so ignorant...

have the prequel trilogies always had their own category? new fearures!!!1 woot! :o :o
Old 02-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #28
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Kashyyyk is the Wookiee planet.
The one you're thinking of is Felucia, and I agree it was weird the way they just kept shooting.

Good Idea combining the boards by the way.

- Halo_92

Old 02-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #29
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Lol, they keep shooting her because they wanted to make sure she was dead.

Yes, I like how you combined the prequel movies into one, too.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #30
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Kashyyyk is the Wookiee planet.
The one you're thinking of is Felucia, and I agree it was weird the way they just kept shooting.

Good Idea combining the boards by the way.
Maybe they want us to know that she is DEAD DEAD DEAD and, you know what? DEAD DEAD DEAD and again DEAD.

So we know there is no hope for her to be alive, despite the fact that everyone wants to see mroe of her(pun intended)

Well, its sad to see her go, along of the young luminera chick.

I was hoping she can be onse of the 66 survivors.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 01:35 AM   #31
Master Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
I was hoping she can be onse of the 66 survivors.
Huh, what survivors? Everytime they introduce any - previously unknown - surviving Jedi of Order 66, they kill them off. I mean, come on! Yoda and Obi-Wan can't be the only Jedi with brains enough to know to lay low now.

I would agree, Ki-Adi-Mundi did have best death scene in the Order 66 sequence. I'm sorry, but Aayla's was almost comical. She looked so much like a goober when she fell... I'm sorry, but she could have made it look a little more real.

By the way, Mace did not beat Palpatine. If at any time Palpatine wanted to slaughter mace...he could have. But he had the whole thing planned out. He used his "defeat" as a ploy to lure Anakin to his side, knowing full-well that the young distraught Jedi would side with him. Palpatine was the master of a crude Sith interpretation of Form IV - Ataru. For having not touched his lightsaber in a few decades or more, and to have diced three Jedi Masters in under a minute and then formidably hold his own against Mace and Yoda, I would saw he was pretty kickass and, mostly definately, not a pushover.

Master Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 AM   #32
innerfears
Rookie

I'm just surprised none of the Jedi felt a "disturbance in the force"... betrayal on that scale would seem rather notable to me, regardless of how much was going on or not.
innerfears is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 07:08 AM   #33
Redtech
Veteran

Well, could argue that Yoda is a quitter, I was never convinced that he was "bettered". after all, a smart 10 year old can kick a champion fighter off a tower block.

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #34
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerfears
I'm just surprised none of the Jedi felt a "disturbance in the force"...
Did you miss Yoda?

- Halo_92

Old 02-22-2006, 03:17 PM   #35
Fealiks
NAMBLA member

I was about to say that! I was annoyed when Yoda said it. Its such a cheesy line to keep using
Old 02-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #36
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Dakari
Huh, what survivors? Everytime they introduce any - previously unknown - surviving Jedi of Order 66, they kill them off. I mean, come on! Yoda and Obi-Wan can't be the only Jedi with brains enough to know to lay low now.
You mean AFTER they survived, they laid low. Because Obi-Wan just got lucky (they tried to kill him and he didn't see it coming, after all). Yoda was lucky that he was away from the main area of battle, and happened to feel the pain of the other Jedi dying, giving him the few seconds warning needed to take out his would-be assassins.

Quote:
By the way, Mace did not beat Palpatine. If at any time Palpatine wanted to slaughter mace...he could have. But he had the whole thing planned out.
Actually according to Lucas, Mace did beat Palpatine. He was beaten fair and square. Palpatine was only exaggerating his "I'm too weak" thing for Anakin's benefit, but had Anakin not been there, I'm sure he would have been killed. After all, Mace would block and reflect all the lightning that was thrown at him until Anakin cut off his hand, making him lose his saber, etc. you know the rest. You give the old man too much credit. I think Palpatine's plan was to kill Mace along with the others. He could always claim that they tried to assasinate him and he had to defend himself. On the other hand he did look surprised that the Jedi came to "arrest" him. I'm sure he suspected they'd eventually catch on to him. After all, he could have ordered Order 66 at any time, and made up some excuse of "betrayal" later. Remember his "excuse" for the purge was that the Jedi started a rebellion and tried to overthrow the Republic. With control of the media, who is going to refute his claim?

Quote:
He used his "defeat" as a ploy to lure Anakin to his side, knowing full-well that the young distraught Jedi would side with him.
Right, but he was still defeated beforehand, that is key. He just turned a bad situation into a good one for him.

Quote:
Palpatine was the master of a crude Sith interpretation of Form IV - Ataru. For having not touched his lightsaber in a few decades or more, and to have diced three Jedi Masters in under a minute and then formidably hold his own against Mace and Yoda, I would saw he was pretty kickass and, mostly definately, not a pushover.
We don't know that he didn't practice his lightsaber skills in private. You know, he disappears a lot from his office, to put on that dark cloak and have secret meetings with other Sith. I'm sure he'd have a few spare moments each day to practice his fencing moves. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd carried that hidden lightsaber with him for years before his battle with the four Jedi.

The fighting form he uses involved trying to distract his opponents by making lots of silly faces.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #37
Master Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
The fighting form he uses involved trying to distract his opponents by making lots of silly faces.
If I could take screenshots I could post the most hilarious of them all. It's right before before (I think) he looses his lightsaber.

Quote:
On the other hand he did look surprised that the Jedi came to "arrest" him. *snip* We don't know that he didn't practice his lightsaber skills in private.
Actually, the lightsaber that he used to fight Mace and the other Masters had been solidly concealed in a piece of sculpture ever since he made the move from Naboo to Coruscant after becoming Senator.
He knew the Masters were on their way. In the interim he used the Force to ignite his lightsaber, and the blade eventually burned its way through the metal. He then hid it up his sleeve.

Quote:
Actually according to Lucas, Mace did beat Palpatine.
Where has Lucas said this? I've never seen it. You do know that Lucas changed the order of the original fight, into what we see in the movie now, so that it would be so obvious to the viewer that Palpatine actually pretended to loose, right? Again, he pretended to loose just so that he would be in a vulnerable position when Anakin arrives. He sensed the arrival of the Masters, and he sensed the arrival of Anakin as well.

By the way, if Mace had actually beaten Palpatine, then why the stars didn't Yoda defeat him? Because Mace didn't. Yoda, in the midst of his fight with Palpatine, came to the realization that the Sith had changed (become stronger) while the Jedi remained static. He knew, right then, that he was not going to be able to defeat Palpatine; either it be by lightsaber or the Force. And he also knew that if the fight continued he would eventually be killed, and the hope for a future of the Jedi would be greatly deminished (if not gone).

Quote:
You give the old man too much credit.
You're right. I give him all of the credit in the world. He the epitome of the Dark Side. He was Yoda's equal in every since of the word. But, he had the upper-hand because he used the Dark Side, which allowed him to "fight dirty"...something the Jedi Code restricted Jedi from doing.

I don't necessarily like Palpatine, or his actions, but I give him his props.

Master Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #38
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Actually according to Lucas, Mace did beat Palpatine.
Well, in a way he did defeat Palpy, but he sort of give up a bit because he knew that Anakin would help him defeat Mace Windu. But Mace Windu is probably one of the most powerful jedi in the history of the jedi. He was easily beating Palpy before Anakin came and aided him.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #39
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Where has Lucas said this? I've never seen it. You do know that Lucas changed the order of the original fight, into what we see in the movie now, so that it would be so obvious to the viewer that Palpatine actually pretended to loose, right? Again, he pretended to loose just so that he would be in a vulnerable position when Anakin arrives. He sensed the arrival of the Masters, and he sensed the arrival of Anakin as well.
So what, you've never heard of Lucas saying that so it isn't true? Palpatine was disarmed and overpowered even before he knew Anakin was coming. It wasn't even nessecary for him to throw the duel because if he knew Anakin was coming then the outcome would have been the same, Mace would have been killed.

Quote:
By the way, if Mace had actually beaten Palpatine, then why the stars didn't Yoda defeat him? Because Mace didn't. Yoda, in the midst of his fight with Palpatine, came to the realization that the Sith had changed (become stronger) while the Jedi remained static. He knew, right then, that he was not going to be able to defeat Palpatine; either it be by lightsaber or the Force. And he also knew that if the fight continued he would eventually be killed, and the hope for a future of the Jedi would be greatly deminished (if not gone).
Databank: "Windu overpowered Palpatine the instant Anakin Skywalker came running into the offices."
Palpatine knew that Yoda was too formidable so he pulled all that s**t with the big things in the senate chamber, not exactly fighting fair. Mace beat Palpatine and if Yoda had been in that same situation in the offices then Yoda would have beaten Palpatine as well.

- Halo_92

Old 02-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #40
arkodeon
Rookie

Quote:
Woo for Quinlan Vos!

Quote:
I would agree, Ki-Adi-Mundi did have best death scene in the Order 66 sequence. I'm sorry, but Aayla's was almost comical. She looked so much like a goober when she fell... I'm sorry, but she could have made it look a little more real.
Aayla: Now, come on guys, we have to keep up. These smelly, greaseballs are going to destroy us any minute now. You know, in Battlefront 2, this would all be over with my TWO lightsabers, but...

Commander: Yeah, yeah. We're detecting some droids coming this way.

Aayla: Hurry up, I also must flee to Kashyyyk to discover the fate of my love, Quinlan Vos.

Commander: ...*Recieves Message from Palpatine, and they lift their blasters*

Aayla: .... D: Hey, it was just a joke.

Quote:
By the way, Mace did not beat Palpatine. If at any time Palpatine wanted to slaughter mace...he could have. But he had the whole thing planned out. He used his "defeat" as a ploy to lure Anakin to his side, knowing full-well that the young distraught Jedi would side with him. Palpatine was the master of a crude Sith interpretation of Form IV - Ataru. For having not touched his lightsaber in a few decades or more, and to have diced three Jedi Masters in under a minute and then formidably hold his own against Mace and Yoda, I would saw he was pretty kickass and, mostly definately, not a pushover.
I'm pretty sure Palpatine wouldn't ruin his beautiful face intentionally. D:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Ki-Adi-Mundi's last scene (spoilers)