lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What you couldn't do/say in KotOR II...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #121
Sven_Q45
Forumite

I played SWKOTOR 1 over 30 times.
And iīm still in SWKOTOR 2 on Nar Shadaa, i think.
Sven_Q45 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #122
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroldoth
#3 - Charge up Atton's loading ramp.

#2 - Give Ed Asner Master Vrook the slow, painful, beatdown I've been dying to give him since K1... with my fists (tactile is so much more satisfying).

and, most importantly,

#1 - At the end, take Kreia in my arms, and just hold her.
No comments on #3, #2 would be fun to watch, and QFE for #1, cause it would end the story in a much better way.

I would like them to make a candid easteregg endint type thing after you finish the game though. The Handmaiden poem and Atton jokes are all nice, but there can be more. I always think that it would be fun if Mira sings "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" when your exile got an established boy/girl. or Kreia sings "My milkshake brings all the hutts to the yard"
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #123
patient_zero

Probably one of the more popular choices here: Romance.

Male characters could have Brianna, Visas or Mira, female characters could have Mical, Atton or Bao-Dur. And you'd get to actually end up picking one and the others may become jealoous, but it's better than the occasional "Your feelings for him/her..." discussions aboard the Ebon Hawk.

I also wanted to punch Disciple and tell him to back off. The exile was like his childhood crush and he hasn't quite gotten over it... it's creepy. Give me some non-joke Atton dialogue over him any day.
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #124
Corinthian
Banned

1: Shove Kreia through an Airlock.

2: Shove Kreia onto a lightsaber.

3: Shoot Kreia.

4: Shove Kreia into an incinerator.

5: Space Kreia.

6: Shoot her again.

7: Burn her body.

8: Feed her to a Rancor.

Did I mention killing Kreia?
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #125
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
#3 - Charge up Atton's loading ramp.

#2 - Give Ed Asner Master Vrook the slow, painful, beatdown I've been dying to give him since K1... with my fists (tactile is so much more satisfying).

and, most importantly,

#1 - At the end, take Kreia in my arms, and just hold her
I wouldn't expect that Atton has a "loading ramp", mainly because he is a guy. I tried to come at that in a respectful way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Actually, I think that you left that out...

Another thing that I wish I could do is:
1. Force Push (random) people into that central pit on Nar Shadaa. O' the evil fun...
2. Run faster
3. Pilot the Ebon Hawk
4. Have the ability to slice limbs off...

Thats all that I can think of for now....

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #126
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
- Will It Blend?: Goto
- Backhand Atris, take the lightsaber, and run like hell.
- Definatly more diverse and deeper romance options
- It's already a popular mod, but something not a human available as a main character
- A change in costume with Visas, like with the light and dark side.
- Blade color bronze crystal produced didn't look so much like orange
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #127
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

- pimping up EH with all the blingblings... lowrider, huge speakers, 43248698 tvs, huge pool with fountain in the middle, animal prints... and get it smooth with any female crew member gta style while doing drive-by in the hood.

Buy insurance for crashlanding.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #128
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

ďBackhand Atris, take the lightsaber and run like H***Ē
-Darth_Ave.

Yes! I wanted to get my double-bladed silver lightsaber back so badly.

The thing that bugged me most about the KotORs was the lack of acrobatics. I had just come from Jedi Academy were the sky was the limitÖ it was like losing a third dimension, I hated it most in Trayus Core. I really wanted to jump off the edge or be pushed off or something other than seeing Kreia fall off.
I also would have loved to explore more of Dantooine since I loved the world in game one and thereís even less of it in game two. Stupid barriers. Actually restoring the fuel stocks on Telos rather than only making a deal for that to occur would have been nice as well.
Iím not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but I would have liked to see Visasís face. Me being a Visas fan Iíd like to see her in color as opposed the pictures of her face in Star Wars Tales Volume 6.
As mentioned above flight of some form or another, if done well, would have been a major bonus in this oneís book. I donít like that the Hawk is my ship, yet I can never even sit down in it, which brings me to my biggest problem: Eating. You have no idea how annoying it got to stand there in the Black Rakkatan village with all that transparent yellow food set out untouched in rows and not be able to even touch it. It was worse in the Sith Lords; not only was I subjected to watching dozens of other beings drink with the same yellow food arrayed before them, but the one time I actually was allowed to purchase something edible I had to feed it to Kath hounds! I donít drink but I would at least like to have something when I go into all these restaurants. If I donít Iíll start to feel like those people who go to coffee shops for the internet access but donít buy anything. (Just kidding on the last one.) Yes, if you were wondering I am a teenage boy and have an appetite to match my age, though not my stature.

"Raking is easy, but all you get is leaves. Digging is hard, but you may find gold.Ē
-John Piper

ďLike a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.Ē
-God

"Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!"
-Feanor to Morgoth
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #129
GoT_MaL(a)k?
Rookie

I'd of loved to call the disciple a fag.

"forgive me, I am disciple, I think I am so smart"

"No, you are a fag" :P
GoT_MaL(a)k? is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #130
*Don*
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
- pimping up EH with all the blingblings... lowrider, huge speakers, 43248698 tvs, huge pool with fountain in the middle, animal prints... and get it smooth with any female crew member gta style while doing drive-by in the hood.

Buy insurance for crashlanding.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I would take the EH on MTV's Pimp My Ride and get it outfitted like GOTO's Yaht...

Or, better yet, I would just use the Trandoshan slavers to take over GOTO's Yaht and then turn it into a Playboy Mansion Spaceship...

(yes...it might sound lewd, but compared to the other things said in this thread, its not really that bad).

"Any fool with a d*ck can make a child, but it takes a real man to raise one..."
- Boyz N The Hood
*Don* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #131
JCarter426

Quote:
Haven't you played DS?

Quote:
2: Shove Kreia onto a lightsaber.

3: Shoot Kreia.

6: Shoot her again.

You can do all of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
1. Force Push (random) people into that central pit on Nar Shadaa. O' the evil fun...
2. Run faster
#1 - How about mind tricking two thugs into jumping into the pit?
#2 - One word: turbo.

And the only thing I want is to play the game. The whole game. The whole, finished game.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #132
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
#1 - How about mind tricking two thugs into jumping into the pit?
#2 - One word: turbo.
#1-- Ohh, I know. I have done it. I just want to do that to more people, actually see them jump in (or be pushed in). I also just want to do that to unsuspecting random people. Thats all.
#2--Yes, I also know that there is force speed, but I thought that it might have been nice to not ahve to run with the blur, and use force points, and yeah.

On the other hand, I do kinda want to not be noticed as a Jedi sometimes. Just recently I have been playing KotoR 1 and not using any Jedi equipment, or even using a lightsaber, yet people know that I am a Jedi. I think that that is crazy!! Same thing with the Sith on Mannan, the recruiters don't want to talk to you... and you can't 'join' the Sith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Bryddia
The thing that bugged me most about the KotORs was the lack of acrobatics. I had just come from Jedi Academy were the sky was the limitÖ it was like losing a third dimension, I hated it most in Trayus Core. I really wanted to jump off the edge or be pushed off or something other than seeing Kreia fall off.
I also would have loved to explore more of Dantooine since I loved the world in game one and thereís even less of it in game two. Stupid barriers. Actually restoring the fuel stocks on Telos rather than only making a deal for that to occur would have been nice as well.
Iím not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but I would have liked to see Visasís face. Me being a Visas fan Iíd like to see her in color as opposed the pictures of her face in Star Wars Tales Volume 6.
As mentioned above flight of some form or another, if done well, would have been a major bonus in this oneís book. I donít like that the Hawk is my ship, yet I can never even sit down in it, which brings me to my biggest problem: Eating. You have no idea how annoying it got to stand there in the Black Rakkatan village with all that transparent yellow food set out untouched in rows and not be able to even touch it. It was worse in the Sith Lords; not only was I subjected to watching dozens of other beings drink with the same yellow food arrayed before them, but the one time I actually was allowed to purchase something edible I had to feed it to Kath hounds! I donít drink but I would at least like to have something when I go into all these restaurants. If I donít Iíll start to feel like those people who go to coffee shops for the internet access but donít buy anything. (Just kidding on the last one.) Yes, if you were wondering I am a teenage boy and have an appetite to match my age, though not my stature.
Indeed, that has most definately bothered and annoyed me too. There should have been a little more depth in everyday functions. Well, on that thought, just not having to use the bathroom.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #133
Corinthian
Banned

Think to myself "Hey, Kreia is evil." And then space her. Oh, yeah, while I'm at it, kill Sion with something other than the Power of Love/Friendship.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #134
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
#1-- Ohh, I know. I have done it. I just want to do that to more people, actually see them jump in (or be pushed in). I also just want to do that to unsuspecting random people. Thats all.
Yes, that would be fun...MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

#2--Yes, I also know that there is force speed, but I thought that it might have been nice to not ahve to run with the blur, and use force points, and yeah.[/QUOTE]

That's what the turbo cheat is for.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, while I'm at it, kill Sion with something other than the Power of Love/Friendship.
There are a bunch of alternatives to that--convincing him he's already dead, for instance, or convincing him that Kreia has marked him for death.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #135
Corinthian
Banned

My point is, it should be possible to kill Sion without having to persuade him to die. I HIT HIM WITH A LIGHTSABER WHY DOESN'T HE FALL APART?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:44 AM   #136
JCarter426

Well, that was the whole point of Sion. I liked it.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:46 AM   #137
Corinthian
Banned

What happens when Luke hits Vader's wrist with a lightsaber?

Oh, that's right. The hand SEVERED.

You don't survive getting hit ninety times with a lightsaber!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #138
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the reason Sion "survived getting hit by a lightsaber" is game mechanics, and that his power isn't a god mode cheat like most people seem to think.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #139
Corinthian
Banned

Game mechanics should reflect the canon. Of course, I frankly hate KotoR's mechanical systems - D20 is not a good setup for a CRPG. Two articles that deal with this that I found enlightening,

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=227

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=188
Old 03-18-2008, 07:50 PM   #140
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
That's what the turbo cheat is for.
Oh, sorry. Did I mention that I only have the Xbox version of both KotOR I & KotOR II?

Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #141
JCarter426

Ah, a shame.

And Sion's condition wasn't a result of game mechanics...it was more Deus Ex Machina.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #142
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
^
I agree. It is quite a shame. I am planning on eventually getting it once I have my own computer. Does that count?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #143
DarthAve
Yeezy

I was just replaying Telos, and when I was B4, I actually talked to Jana Lorso. After downloading the dirt from the mainframe, I wish there could be more dialogue options with her and B4. It's pretty much like

Jana-B4 go be my droid slave, blah blah blah
B4- Ya Kay, whatev.

I'd much prefer something like this...

Jana- B4 Driod slave, blah blah
B4 - Uh, no thx. I quit.
Jana- Wait what?
B4- You heard me, meatbag. This job sucks, I'm out.

Also that half the time when you try and start conversation with Bao-Dur, the only response isn't "Never mind." I want to talk to Bao dur more, cause he rocks, and the game is like "No, sorry bye, talk to Disciple." I don't like that cause Disciple is ugly. Oh yeah, one more, fix Disciple's ugly face.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #144
JCarter426

Oh, you should talk to Opo Chano and the droid by the docks while you're B-4D4.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #145
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
I don't like that cause Disciple is ugly.
I always found Disciple somehow look alike to Han Solo. Only on looks, though, his personality is... Well, let's just pity Harrison Ford.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #146
DarthAve
Yeezy

Quote:
Oh, you should talk to Opo Chano and the droid by the docks while you're B-4D4.
Wow, didn't even think of that. I've been to the cantina as B4, but that's about it.

Also, Ctrl, Han Solo? What is wrong with your brain/eyes/both? I get han solo nowhere from him, the most I get is the Prince Charming from Shrek 2. (Look at that hair, LOOK AT THE HAIR AND TELL ME YOU DON'T SEE THAT!) I do think you should be able to pick whether or not to take handmaiden or disciple. But if you pick handmaiden and your female, who will you have as a romance option, you may ask. Simple, Bao-Dur romance option. I can honestly imagine them having a sort of sitcom where it's them living together, married, with remote as a pet.

Speaking of Bao-Dur, I would like to know more of his background with Exile. We basically get "I was the tech, she was the General, she told me to blow up Malacor V, and I did. End"
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #147
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
Wow, didn't even think of that. I've been to the cantina as B4, but that's about it.
Oh, you should definitely do it next time. It's quite fun--and rewarding (credit-wise ). Also, it's fun to pick the [Lie] options when you've B-4D4 (don't worry, no DS points ).

Oh, and speaking of credits, Chodo will just give you 3,000 credits if you ask him. After dealing with the Exchange, ask him if he's considered bribing a Czerka employee, and with a high enough Persuade (which you should have anyway), he'll hand over 500 credits. And then after you talk to Opo Chano, Chodo will give you the 2,500 credits you need (though Opo Chano never actually gives them back...unless you kill him ).

Quote:
I get han solo nowhere from him, the most I get is the Prince Charming from Shrek 2. (Look at that hair, LOOK AT THE HAIR AND TELL ME YOU DON'T SEE THAT!)
I do see it!

Quote:
I do think you should be able to pick whether or not to take handmaiden or disciple.
I've been saying that for some time now. What they should have done was have each character unlockable--so that if you play the game twice (once for each gender) you get to pick which one you want the third time. Or they could have just stuck with the original plan to have Handmaiden for LS characters and Visas for DSers.

Quote:
But if you pick handmaiden and your female, who will you have as a romance option, you may ask.
Atton?

Quote:
Speaking of Bao-Dur, I would like to know more of his background with Exile. We basically get "I was the tech, she was the General, she told me to blow up Malacor V, and I did. End"
I could barely get him to say that. Every time I talk to him, the conversation goes something like:

BAO-DUR: Yes, General?
ME: Never mind.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #148
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
I could barely get him to say that. Every time I talk to him, the conversation goes something like:

Argh, same here. It drove me crazy. His conversation options seem sadly underdeveloped--not sure if this is due to cut content, or if it was always like that. Anyway, I ended up flipping a few switches with KSE just to be able to advance in conversation and train him as a Jedi.

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2008, 11:35 PM   #149
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetheeskimo
Anyway, I ended up flipping a few switches with KSE just to be able to advance in conversation and train him as a Jedi.
Same here. I had no use for him otherwise, since I'm always a Sentinel.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #150
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

It's really disappointing, because Bao-Dur has the longest history with the Exile and a deeper bond with him/her than any other party member. He should have one of the richest conversation trees, not the most lacking.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #151
DarthAve
Yeezy

Quote:

And somehow he still manages to be not only my favorite character in the entire KOTOR series, but is pretty much half of my number 2 ship of anything ever (1st is always Dwangela) with LSFExile. No idea how though. Met him on Telos, and was like "Wow, this guy rocks." Use him pretty much on every planet too.

But basically, your pretty much right. All he really is is just "Hey use me for one level, than never use me again!" Character (ala Zalbarr. Who ever really used him someplace other than Kashyyyk?) But I'm happy just as long as there's a thing called fanfiction to satisfy my Bao fix. [/fangirlrant]
Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #152
JCarter426

Well, despite Bao-dur's quiet demeanor, when he does say something, it's hilarious. For instance:

Quote:
ATTON: Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very.'

BAO-DUR: I think he wanted us to give up the General to his poorly-trained collection of bounty hunters.

ATTON: Ah. well that would explain it. Which one do you want?

BAO-DUR: I'll take the stupid one who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us when he had the chance.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #153
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Exactly. I wish there was more of that. Like how HK-47 is always interjecting with "Shall I blast him now, master?" Bao-Dur didn't comment nearly as frequently as I would like.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #154
DarthAve
Yeezy

Indeed. More funny lines from someone other than a droid. HK and G0-T0 get a lot of the action.

Also, it would be cool if you could have run into more characters from the first game. I would love it if you're just walkin' rown Nar Shaddaa and it's like "Woah! Mission in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr! Yeah, kick that bouncer's butt Zalbarr!"
Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #155
JCarter426

Well, they couldn't have done that, since Big Z, Mission, Jolee, and Juhani could all be dead. And they even screwed up a bit when they only had Carth and Bastila to deal with.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #156
DarthAve
Yeezy

Oh, you do have a point....but there showing up could be an effect of what you set Revan to at the beginning. Like the sith holocron in Korriban, if you set Revan to light side on Perageus, you could just happen to run into Juhani on Dantoeen, half insane, eating a Kinrath, and mumbling something about Quatra. Or maybe Zalbarr and Mission give you something to help make the Exchange hate you on Nar Shaddaa, like a secret bonus mission of sorts. We all know Mission likes getting people to hate her.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #157
JCarter426

Yeah, they could have done that, but I think that would have been way too much effort on Obsidian's part. Personally, I think they should have just stuck with the canonical LSM Revan and worked on the important stuff--like finishing the game.

And as I mentioned before, they never got the Carth/Cede thing to work right.

Also, there was the matter of hiring all the voice actors.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #158
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Don't forget that they may not have been able to get all the voice actors back on board. The only thing gamers hate worse than missing content is content with 'replacement' voice overs.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #159
DarthAve
Yeezy

We can only dream... I'm trying to think of other things. Definatly, better control of the other two in the party. No idea if this is just a glitch, but most of the time when I have Atton in my party and a fight comes on. The player I'm controling runs up to fight along with the other computer player. But Atton always just stands in the back, in attack position, and it says "Combat action engaged" or whatever. and I KNOW I'm not using the little things (whatever they're called "Stationary, Grenader, Jedi Support" ect.) because the only time I use them is when there's a minefield with enemies across it. And only then, it's stationary and they've got blasters.

Also, that less characters could become jedi. I mean, it's cool when you've got like five available jedi's. But maybe if less could become Jedi, you would have more time to focus on the character and get them to Jedi. You know, so you don't have to travel around five planets to gain influence with one character to turn them into a jedi, when instead you could just talk to one for a few minutes, and bam: JEDI!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #160
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAve
Also, Ctrl, Han Solo?
Yeah, I dunno why. It's funny, cause he's hair also resembled RotJ Luke to me as well. But it's better that I stop it before I get myself lynched.

Quote:
And somehow he still manages to be not only my favorite character in the entire KOTOR series
Yeah, well, I think he could have used some more work, as almost all the character of K2.

Plus, what's up with that voice? Why does he whispers all the time, to the point I almost have to turn the volume up every time he speaks.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > What you couldn't do/say in KotOR II...