lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sad day for America
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-20-2001, 09:42 PM   #281
Rebel Loyaltist
Me?

Hot Topic Starter 
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal:
[
Before you open your mouth again, listen up, "ass popper": I will AGAIN state that I am NOT referring to race. Either shut up and leave the posting to less oblivious people or start paying attention to what I'm actually saying. If you DO keep postin, please don't quote my whole post at the beginnging of your message, it's completely unnecessary.
[B]
First I will not as to you keep acting like an ass. When you stop that I'll shut up. I know exactlly what you're saying and it's crap. If anyone's oblivious and needs to pay attetion to the posts it's you. Next while you were not questioning my race you questioned my freedom. I will not let a like ****er like you say **** lilke that to me. Also if I want to quote your whole message I'll do it. If you would just use the quote feature then everything would be just fine and dandy *******.

------------------
If you leap before you look, I'm not catching you sorry ass!
Rebel Loyaltist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2001, 10:12 PM   #282
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Lightbulb

Listen up, Hannibal. You have every right to post what you post. However, that privilege has certain limits, like everything else. Don't use foul language and DO NOT insult another member of this board.

Present your arguments in a clear, logical fashion devoid of crap. If you do, you will be treated with respect because you are understood. If you don't, do not be surprised if you're met with aggression. Don't stir up anger. That just leads to flaming. You can be mad, but moderate yourself. Okay?

Return to your lives, citizens.
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2001, 10:39 PM   #283
Hannibal

First I will respond to the honorable Rogue Nine...if you refer to my use of the term "ass popper," that was more of a prod at Rebel Loyaltist who first used it to describe me(in effect, I beg of you not to jump on my back for doing what another has already done). Also, I'm becoming very tired of people not bothering with what I'm ACTUALLY saying and posting a blasting message taht doesn't refer to my point at all.

"Present your arguments in a clear, logical fashion devoid of crap. If you do, you will be treated with respect because you are understood. If you don't, do not be surprised if you're met with aggression. Don't stir up anger. That just leads to flaming. You can be mad, but moderate yourself. Okay?"
I have presented my counter-arguments in order of what I deem important at the moment. Though I am understood, I am not treated with respect because what I say runs counter to the other posters' emotions, thoughts, and basic understanding of current events(in essence, I challenge them to think differently) and because I am new to this community(thus I am steriotyped as unknowledgable and even stupid).

Admiral, you make quite a few unsubstantiated assumptions about me...
First off, when you say that I am not a true American, how do you define "true American." Because I cast the faintest shadow doubt on what you hold true, am I not a true American? Because I counsel thought before action, am I not a true American?

"Ever hear of the Roman Empire? They were one of the most violent civilaztions around yet they didn't think war was sweet and dandy."
Ever hear of the fall of the Roman Empire? They lived by the sword, they died by the sword. Some say history repeats itself...

". Next while you were not questioning my race you questioned my freedom. I will not let a like ****er like you say **** lilke that to me."
No? Then perhaps you are trapped by your own closed mind.

"Also if I want to quote your whole message I'll do it. If you would just use the quote feature then everything would be just fine and dandy *******."
Ok, now you're just not making sense.

And on a final note(at least tonight):
"I Brand you Newbian, this title shall stay with you until it is proven you desreve otherwise"
Words fail me(either that or they're too harsh for this forum) when I seek a suitable title for you.

you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2001, 11:35 PM   #284
Rebel Loyaltist
Me?

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:

No? Then perhaps you are trapped by your own closed mind.

Ok, now you're just not making sense.

1. First off if anyone's not open-minded it's you. If you can see the dishonor in saying I don't have freedom the you're just an ass. While you did not target my race you did say some crap like you miscacalculated my identity. So what is it you identified me as? Until then this you're still closed-minded.

2. What's not to understand about it? If you READ IT CLEARLY then you'll see what it says.

------------------
Old 09-20-2001, 11:41 PM   #285
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Since you seem not to have read most of this thread I list my beliefs right here.

1.I feel that the terrorist attack is an act of war, and we should respond accordinly.

2.All govs that harbor terrorist are just as guilty as the terrorist. They give them safe areas in which to plot the death of innocents.

3.We are at war, this will be a long war and a hard war. We have allies that support us. If we do nothing, thhen we will allow more innocent people to die.

4.I hate war. When I was little I feared my father would go to the Gulf and die, but I was proud that he served the USA. I don't want to fight a war but I will if required. I also think that there is a time when the olive branch must be put down and a sword taken in it's place. This is such that time.

5.A true american supports their country. They are willing to die for their country, they want to see justice for the thousands slain in the WTC and Pentagon attacks.

6.We might not have intelligence now, but I have faith that we are gathering it. Just because they don't tell us, doesn't mean it is being done.
--------
That being said, I now explain why your a newbian.

1.I have yet to see a post where you havn't critized me, and others for their beliefs

2.You constantly seem to tell us we should remove our heads from...

3.You shown yourself only as an instigator, with what you said. "take your own advice," "I'm not looking for friends" (this is a community of friends)

4.If you want to disagree, then state what you believe don't say your wrong because I don't like it. I have seen time and time again you stating. Well that is not true, but lets see have you ever supported those reason. No, you just imply if it isn't obvious then the reader is a moron. Back up your belief, state why you disagree, don't just critize.

About Rome, I can tell you why their Empired died, and guess what they survived for thousands of years. Now have any present day country done the same? No. So once again, War is a necessary evil, not everyone is reasonable.

Final word to you. When I first found out about the attack I wanted them all dead, if civs died I wouldn't care. Then an hour later, I wanted to see true justice, ie punish the terrorist and the govs that harbor them. I don't care if you dislike me, but if you want your new title Newbian removed change your behavior and maybe it will change.

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited September 20, 2001).]
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2001, 12:43 AM   #286
Nitro
Now Dr. Horrible is here!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 

All I have to say.
Nitro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2001, 03:29 AM   #287
Zoom Rabbit

Arrow

Hannibal, your quote about Sun Tzu was meant to advocate the accomplishment of goals with means other than military force, right? The idea that a wise leader can influence world affairs with something other than an army was new in Sun Tzu's time. Nowadays, that is how we prefer to do business...until it doesn't work anymore with cracked-out desert hashishin hijacking jet airliners and plunging them bodily into civilian-packed skyscrapers in the middle of Manhattan, during rush hour...!

!!!

Hannibal, do you play chess?

If you don't play chess, re-read the Musashi I posted on the last page...he makes my point most eloquently.
Old 09-21-2001, 03:59 AM   #288
Nute Gunray
This is Really Expensive

Current Game: Forza Horizon
10 year veteran! 
Sun Tzu was also saying that one should have such overwhelmingly superior military power that the other guy gives up without a fight.
Nute Gunray is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2001, 05:24 AM   #289
Fondas

Lightbulb

OK ! it seems that most of you prefer to exercise in verbal quarreling, rather than trying to understand what the other person is trying to say.

After reading the whole thread, I have a question : DO YOU SEEK "JUSTICE" OR IS IT "REVENGE" ???

(the following is something that very few will understand, but I'm willing to give it a try)
Regarding the Roman Empire, there is only thing I want to underline.
We all know about the Greek empire (Alexander the Great), the Byzantine, the Turkish and so much others.

Every one of them had one thing in common. They grew, flourished, degenerated and eventually died. It's unavoidable and it is natural. EVERYTHING has got to come to an end. What really matters is the LEGACY this empire will leave behind.

Pax Romana...

PS: The reason I'm writting in bold is not because of anger or shouting; is rather due to the fact that nobody seemed to have noticed my latest posts in this post. Ican thing a couple of hundred reasons why...

[This message has been edited by Fondas (edited September 21, 2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 05:35 AM   #290
Zoom Rabbit

In my humble opinion, revenge and justice are often indistinguishable as concepts on the social level.

Me, I just want to be safe from terrorist attacks that seek to overthrow civilization. Vandals and Visigoths, anyone?
Old 09-21-2001, 05:54 AM   #291
Zargon
old beyond my years

10 year veteran! 
I can honestly say right now that I WISH I was atleast in the reserves right now.
Zargon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2001, 09:40 AM   #292
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Zarg. I sympathize with you. I would also like to be able to do something more for the US.

Justice in this case is erdacting terrorism, that is what I want to see.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:47 AM   #293
Taarkin
Lazy Perfectionist

Angry

They made Jon Stewart cry!

------------------
You're supposed to be dumpster-diving for ham scraps, you six-piece chicken McNobody!

Official forum Psychic
Taarkin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2001, 03:08 AM   #294
Thrawn

When did that happen? On the first new daily show since the 11th? DAMN THEM!!!!!!

Hannibally: I already compared this with Vietnam, and you said that wasn't a good comparison, now you're saying it's a good one? Go calm down and figure out what you're talking about.

------------------
"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn
Rogue 6
Old 09-23-2001, 02:50 PM   #295
Hannibal

"Hannibal, your quote about Sun Tzu was meant to advocate the accomplishment of goals with means other than military force, right? The idea that a wise leader can influence world affairs with something other than an army was new in Sun Tzu's time. Nowadays, that is how we prefer to do business...until it doesn't work anymore with cracked-out desert hashishin hijacking jet airliners and plunging them bodily into civilian-packed skyscrapers in the middle of Manhattan, during rush hour...!"
A covert resolution is never a short-term solution, and long-term solutions never appeal to those angry soulds who seek blood immediately, but a military invasion of Afghanistan is no solution at all.

"1. First off if anyone's not open-minded it's you. If you can see the dishonor in saying I don't have freedom the you're just an ass. While you did not target my race you did say some crap like you miscacalculated my identity. So what is it you identified me as? Until then this you're still closed-minded."
You clearly do not understand anything I hint at, and this pricate little conversation has no bearing on the greater discussion, so I choose to close it.

"3.We are at war, this will be a long war and a hard war. We have allies that support us. If we do nothing, thhen we will allow more innocent people to die."
WAR? If our political leadership had not hastily classified Tuesday's events as an act of war, war wouldn't be necessary! This is NOT a military situation until we send troops out to die. I do not counsel inactivity, I warn against military activity.

"Hannibal, do you play chess?"
Certainly, but the operational parameters of chess are very short-sighted: cut off the head and victory is achieved. Not so in the real world.

"What really matters is the LEGACY this empire will leave behind."
And we already have the legacy of Vietnam. One strategic and diplomatic nightmare is enough for me.

"Hannibally: I already compared this with Vietnam, and you said that wasn't a good comparison, now you're saying it's a good one? Go calm down and figure out what you're talking about."
Militarily, Vietnam is a fair comparison. In any other terms, everything is different.
Old 09-23-2001, 03:02 PM   #296
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
When I first saw the news, I new it was an act of war. What do you consider an act of war? You don't want inactivity, but you don't want to use our military? We cannot reason with these people, they don't care if they live, only that we die. Now what else is there to do? Once again you qoute people yet, you don't really say what you believe, only that you disagree.

A
Old 09-23-2001, 03:33 PM   #297
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:

Then we can talking about what will really work against these terrorists
OK, I'm really getting tired of waiting,...
Since you continue to imply that you have the big solution, please enlighten us.
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2001, 03:45 PM   #298
Rebel Loyaltist
Me?

Hot Topic Starter 
Angry

Quote:

"1. First off if anyone's not open-minded it's you. If you can see the dishonor in saying I don't have freedom the you're just an ass. While you did not target my race you did say some crap like you miscacalculated my identity. So what is it you identified me as? Until then this you're still closed-minded."
You clearly do not understand anything I hint at, and this pricate little conversation has no bearing on the greater discussion, so I choose to close it.

Clearly you don't understand how much of a jackas you are. When you say me and my people aren't free you might spit in every African-Americans' face.
Also who the **** are you to close this conversation? If you hadn't said such stupid thing then we wouldn't be having this deiscussion now would we? Once you reliaze what a stupid thing you said then and ONLY THEN this coversation is over.

------------------
Old 09-24-2001, 05:54 AM   #299
Fondas

Quote:
And we already have the legacy of Vietnam. One strategic and diplomatic nightmare is enough for me.
My point exactly !

Rebel Loyalist, could you just drop it ?

I can give you hundreds of cases where our freedom is stepped over, deliberately. You want one: Media brainwashing.
that's the point Hannibal is trying to make and has nothing to do with black, white, yellow or purple with ping dots people !!!

For crying out loud, can't you see that they're trying to keep the mass happy and thus controlled, by offering "bread and spectacles" ????!!!!

Simple people like us have a lot of unrefined power. the only way to keep it in control is to give the false feeling of freedom and security
Old 09-24-2001, 06:15 AM   #300
Keyan Farlander
Jedi Master

Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
Isn't it "Bread and circuses?" That was the title of one of the episodes of the original Star Trek, by the way (a good one, too ).
Keyan Farlander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2001, 11:28 AM   #301
Fondas

Arrow

Keyan, you're probably right, I made a direct translation from Greek to American...
Old 09-24-2001, 04:56 PM   #302
Nute Gunray
This is Really Expensive

10 year veteran! 
I think Hannibal is just an idiot.
There is going to be a war because there has to be. It's that simple. Sometimes you can talk things out, sometimes you can't.
Did the Soviets and US nuke the hell out of each other or did talk it out? We talked it out and fought our war without shooting. It eventually ended.
WWII. They TRIED to talk it out; calling it appeasement. Did it work? OBVIOUSLY NOT.

Two weeks ago, I woke up to see WTC Tower 2 begin collapsing. I sat there watching my little secure world falling apart as airliners slammed into things and things fell down. I'm a little pissed. I'd LOVE IT if we could sit down all the little pansy terrorists and say "HEY LOOK GUYS, WE UNDERSTAND YOU BELIEVE DIFFERENT THINGS AND WE DON'T GET ALONG. BUT LET'S NOT KILL EACH OTHER." And I'd love it if they'd say "SURE THING! LET'S AGREE TO NOT KILL EACH OTHER."
BUT NO.
They would respond with "DEATH TO AMERICAN IMPERIALISMS!!!@!@"

6500+ Americans and foreigners in the US died, nay, were murdered simply because they were IN A BUILDING OR PLANE that belonged to the US. Think back to WWI. The US lost like 19 people on the Lusitania. That was a KEY reason for the US to enter the war. Now, the British have a few hundred dead. People have gone to war over a LOT LESS. There are just too many countries that lost people to NOT exact revenge for this. Too many died that didn't need to. Now it's time for our soldiers to kill those who NEED TO DIE.
It's a known fact around here that I dislike all non-American states with the exception of Britian, Russia, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Germany. My reasons are all petty, stupid reasons (such as my dislike of France just "because"). But now we stand not as Belgians or Canadians or what have we. We stand as Westerners. Or really, we stand as those that wish to live in peace and security. If we do NOT STRIKE HARD AND FAST, we will face the same pain that happened on the 11th. But it won't be the WTC or the Pentagon. It could be a 100 story building in China, or the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia, or the House of Commons in London. ALL TERRORISTS MUST BE DESTROYED. THERE IS 'NO TALKING IT OUT' OR ANY, I REPEAT, ANY NON-VIOLENT MEANS OF ENDING THIS.
The time has come for the Sleeping Giant to awaken once again, with the battlecry of "NEVER AGAIN." Our slumbering allies must be roused. The war is coming, and it is a war that must be fought.
I saw horrible things happening on my TV, but now I want to see horrible things happening to the OTHER GUY on the TV. I want to see airstrikes on Taliban transmitters, breaking their shaky propaganda grip on Afghanistan; I want to see Special Forces units sweeping through terrorist camps by night, slitting the throats of those that wish all of us harm; I want to see cruise missiles delivering horrible death by the deployment of thousands of bomblets over a terrorist training camp and I want to see it all live on ****ing CNN.

EDITING FOR TYPOS MOTHER*****ES

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited September 24, 2001).]
Old 09-24-2001, 11:55 PM   #303
Rebel Loyaltist
Me?

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Fondas:
My point exactly !

Rebel Loyalist, could you just drop it ?

Sorry Fondas but once he admits he dishonered my people then I'll drop it.

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 12:06 AM   #304
Darth Sceltor
Sithinator

Arrow

This is NOT a time for racial banter. We're AMERICANS, not African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, and the like. AMERICANS. So, unless he dissed Americans in general, it's not worth fighting over. I've always believed that, and even more so now.
Darth Sceltor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2001, 04:40 AM   #305
Fondas

Lightbulb

Nute don't get me wrong on this, we actually want the same thing: Wipe the terrorism off the face of Earth !

I'm just having second thoughts about a large scale massive military assault.

so in plain english, YES to surgical strikes,
NO to massive bomb runs with lots of innocent wiped out !

Old 09-25-2001, 05:34 PM   #306
Nute Gunray
This is Really Expensive

10 year veteran! 
Surgical strikes won't work. Only commando raids will work. As long as the US maintains air superiority, which we will, we'll have no real trouble. The Russians learned that. Lightning strikes with commandos in helicopters were working until the US sold the mujahadin hand-held SAMs. Oops.

But then again, they see no difference between OUR soldiers and civilians, so I see no reason why WE should see any with theirs.
Old 09-25-2001, 06:41 PM   #307
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Because we're the good guys, that's why.
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2001, 10:28 PM   #308
Zargon
old beyond my years

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by edlib:
Because we're the good guys, that's why.
I bet you 50 bucks that if we take out a few thousand Afghans 'on accident' whist getting rid of Bin Laden's cronies we will still BE the GOOD GUYS
Old 09-25-2001, 10:31 PM   #309
JR2000Z
Ass-hole Extaordinaire

Thats not the plan.
JR2000Z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2001, 12:20 AM   #310
Rebel Loyaltist
Me?

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Sceltor:
This is NOT a time for racial banter. We're AMERICANS, not African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, and the like. AMERICANS. So, unless he dissed Americans in general, it's not worth fighting over. I've always believed that, and even more so now.
I know but when he went that route I got pissed off. I guess I get a little pissed off when people start bringing up slave stuff I guess.

------------------
Old 09-26-2001, 12:52 AM   #311
Air Juggernaut

Unhappy

I have fear about bacteriology weapons

------------------
"All your base are belong to us", "Surrender for your own good"
- Kanon Siege Forces, 2001
Kanonīs Robotic Facility
Air Juggernaut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2001, 01:17 AM   #312
Nute Gunray
This is Really Expensive

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by JR2000Z:
Thats not the plan.
Let's make it the plan.

I think that any strike on the US should be "replied in kind." If they feel the need to, say, release Sarin in downtown LA, then we get to gas a few million of them. If they set off a nuke in Baltimore, then Kabul gets the bomb. And so forth.
Old 09-26-2001, 01:26 AM   #313
Air Juggernaut

Angry

Damn, the world is dangerous, but the terrorist convert it in a hell.
Any idea about make a gas mask with home things?

------------------
Kanonīs Robotic Facility
Old 09-26-2001, 10:38 PM   #314
Zargon
old beyond my years

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Nute Gunray:
Let's make it the plan.

I think that any strike on the US should be "replied in kind." If they feel the need to, say, release Sarin in downtown LA, then we get to gas a few million of them. If they set off a nuke in Baltimore, then Kabul gets the bomb. And so forth.
I say we quadruple our efforts, they took out 6,500, so we take down 26,000....and so forth

Old 09-26-2001, 10:50 PM   #315
Thrawn

Killing civilians doesn't solve anything. It will only create more extremists. Commando raids, surgical strikes, and shutting down banks accounts worldwide is the only thing going to stop this. Also, we have to have evidence as we go, to give us just cause.

------------------
"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn
Rogue 6
Old 09-26-2001, 10:51 PM   #316
Darth Sceltor
Sithinator

I had found a humorous picture involving the words "Lake" and "Afghanistan" but it seems to have disappeared....
Old 09-26-2001, 11:46 PM   #317
JR2000Z
Ass-hole Extaordinaire

I got an idea.

We defeat Pakastan and blame it on Iraq. Then since Iraq will be pissed, we blame it on Cuba. Once they are also pissed, we blame it on all on Russia and Vietnam. Then all 3 contries will sacrfice their military force on Russia (and fail) and we, the US, make the final blow.

That means we can defeat all of our enemies in a short time!

Im a genius!
JR2000Z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2001, 12:55 AM   #318
Air Juggernaut

The three carriers at Afganistan is a great show but are unusefull.
If you want to fight against terrorist, FIRST you must erradicate them from your country, and for other countries, then go to get the head.
If you attack the head (or near it because you donīt know where is it), your soldiers wonīt die because the enemy troops are at thousands of kilometers away, just in your homeland!

------------------
Kanonīs Robotic Facility
Old 09-28-2001, 09:53 PM   #319
Darth Sceltor
Sithinator

I wonder if the Special Ops groups have begun drawing rags on their practice targets yet....

I heard today at school that's we've had people in Afghanistan since shortly after it happened. RAH
Old 09-28-2001, 09:56 PM   #320
Darth Sceltor
Sithinator

American Airlines nonstop flights to Afghanistan:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > XWA Community Center > Sad day for America