lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Atton: the Anti-Carth [spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-29-2006, 05:47 AM   #1
tbl
Rookie

Atton: the Anti-Carth [spoilers]

Have you noticed (probably yes) that Atton is the complete opposite of Carth in terms of their back stories.
Both served against the Mandalorians. Carth represented (in terms of story) the soldiers that remained loyal to the Republic - as Atton represented the Soldiers, that became Sith. He showed the other side to Carth's story.
I thought that was pretty clever story writing.
tbl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
KaraPeters
Rookie

This is a very good observation, and I never really thought about it before you mentioned it. I wonder if perhaps it was in response to the small cult of people calling themselves "Carth Haters". I wasn't one of them, but I can see where they'd want to give you the complete opposite of what you got for a companion in KOTOR 1. Also, Atton has the Han Solo thing going on. He may be a scoundrel, but he's capable of making the right decisions at times (if your influence swings him in that direction). Carth studiously avoids even small interactions with you, but Atton starts hitting on you from the minute he lays eyes on you if you're female.
KaraPeters is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Melly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraPeters
This is a very good observation, and I never really thought about it before you mentioned it. I wonder if perhaps it was in response to the small cult of people calling themselves "Carth Haters".
You know I don't understand that. Atton "whines" (which seems to be the main complaint from the Carth haters) more than Carth does, if not more.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2006, 03:54 AM   #4
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
More than Carth, if not more. Doesn't make sense. I think you mean AS MUCH as Carth.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Melly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Kotor
More than Carth, if not more. Doesn't make sense. I think you mean AS MUCH as Carth.
Yes that is indeed what I meant. Note to self: re-read messages after posting.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Tell you the trueth, I HATED Carths problems in KOTOR 1. I just wanted to slap him! Attons secret was a lot more intresting and realistic.

"If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn we are but children playing with toys compare to the power of the old Masters."
Lord Ritly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2006, 02:05 AM   #7
tbl
Rookie

I just thought is showed both sides of the story
tbl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #8
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Atton is way cooler than Carth. And he does not whine in such an annoying tone as Carth does.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
KaraPeters
Rookie

He's especially nifty if you put him in a dark jedi robe and the eyewear that look like shades, duel wielding lightsabers.
Shameless. Fangirl. Done. 8)
KaraPeters is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Atton: the Anti-Carth [spoilers]