lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I can help you understand the story!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #41
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMark
How can Bao-dur have died before Malachor?? After the battle with Kreia you can ask her everything, when you ask her about your party members Bao-dur is still an option. So he hasn't died, but still she can't predict his future.
Well, we don't know exactly. Obviously it's cut content, and since Kreia's predicitions were added at last second to replace the more demandning confrontations among the Exile's companions (in terms of programming, I mean), naturally Kreia's comments would reflect the altered plot. Note that Bao-Dur is never accounted for in the original confrontations, which were Mira vs. Hanharr (still there, if you play LS), Handmaiden vs. Visas (if male), Atton vs. Sion, Atton vs. Disciple (if female), and Remote and HK-47 vs. G0-T0.

But I have heard rumors that Bao-Dur was supposed to sacrifice himself on M4-78 in the plot as it was originally written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Note completely... I think it's more likely that all ships were drawn to the location of the generator like a black hole. It's the only thing which accounts for how Malachor is made of five planets fused together, and how in the LS ending they fall apart into five major chunks.
Where do you get the idea from that it's made of five planets? That's certainly not what descriptions of the the Mass Shadow Generator or the battle itself seem to suggest on Wookieepedia.

Quote:
As was previously stated, she wanted another pawn. Kreia isn't the type to let anything go to waste.
Yes... Isn't she a charmer?

Quote:
Unlikely, Jediphile, as both LS and DS Exiles are aware of the True Sith. The DS one didn't just leave Malachor in a dramatic voyage to the unknown, as the Sith at the academy would not doubt have been at each other's throats. Not very good for the goals of the Sith.
True enough, but it's left far more vague in the DS ending, where it's up to the Exile to decide whether to stay and show others the way to Revan or whether to himself/herself.

But if you're suspecting that the Exile will have chosen to find and assist Revan in K3 even if DS, then I do agree. It's just not said explicitly at the end of TSL that it will happen.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.

Last edited by Jediphile; 11-11-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #42
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Then maybe in KOTOR 3, you play the Exile again because you have to know where Revan went off to and what worried him/her so much to abandon his/her freinds. even in the ending of the DS Kreia asked if you go follow revan or to go into exile again & loose your power. This is all speculation however, but I think you play the Exile again

"If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn we are but children playing with toys compare to the power of the old Masters."
Lord Ritly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > I can help you understand the story!!!