lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Simplest explanation of why Kreia isn't Kae
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
tbl
Rookie

Simplest explanation of why Kreia isn't Kae

I know I posted this in the other thread, but anyway...

Why Kreia isn't Kae (or vice versa)
It is clearly stated that Kae, was a Jedi KNIGHT that fought in thne Mandalorian Wars. Kreia would have had to of been a Jedi Master during the times of the mandalorian wars. If that is not conclusive, what is?
tbl is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
goldberry
Forumite

Three things, 1st: You should have only posted in the other topic, there was no need to start a new thread.
2nd: This is untrue, Jedi Knight is a term used by the galaxy in general for Jedi, while Master is used only on occasion. Both times that you referenced were both mentions of Kae anyway, so you are contracdicting yourself and not adding anything new to the arguement.
3rd: Kreia was NEVER called a Jedi Master by ANYONE.

goldberry is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry
3rd: Kreia was NEVER called a Jedi Master by ANYONE.
On that point, actually in the Chronicles on the official www.kotor2.com website, they refer to jedi master kreia going to malachor 5 to find out how revan had falled to the dark side as she was consumed by guilt as she thought it might have been her teachings

i dunno about the whole kreia/kae thing, i sit in on the fence in the middle :-p
i dont think there is enough information to conclusivly call either way.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by jonathan7; 11-06-2006 at 10:56 AM. Reason: grammatical error
jonathan7 is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #4
Jediphile
Persona non grata

In any event, Kae is also a master and no "mere" knight in the sense that seems to be the basis of this argument. Goldberry is correct that "knight" is a very generic term used about jedi above the rank of padawan. But it's a moot point, since Kae is certainly also a master, since she trained Revan.

Disciple: "Many of the Jedi Council trained Exar Kun, Ulic... Revan and Malak. How could they not see the danger they posed? And if they could not......perhaps there was some essential part of their teachings that was flawed. Something beyond the Jedi Code that they were missing. Revan had many Masters. Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before Kae left for the Wars. Towards the end of his training, he sought out many to learn techniques.It is said that he returned to his first master at the end of his training, in order to learn how he might best leave the order."

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
tbl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
In any event, Kae is also a master and no "mere" knight in the sense that seems to be the basis of this argument. Goldberry is correct that "knight" is a very generic term used about jedi above the rank of padawan. But it's a moot point, since Kae is certainly also a master, since she trained Revan.

Disciple: "Many of the Jedi Council trained Exar Kun, Ulic... Revan and Malak. How could they not see the danger they posed? And if they could not......perhaps there was some essential part of their teachings that was flawed. Something beyond the Jedi Code that they were missing. Revan had many Masters. Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before Kae left for the Wars. Towards the end of his training, he sought out many to learn techniques.It is said that he returned to his first master at the end of his training, in order to learn how he might best leave the order."
My mistake, sorry.
tbl is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl
Why Kreia isn't Kae
Because I just don't want her to be Handmaiden's mother in _my_ game, darn it. Blech.

@Jediphile--Kreia's a great character--a delightfully complex, enigmatic, evil and manipulative person. I just don't like the idea of her spawning mini-kreias.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 11-06-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #7
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Because I just don't want her to be Handmaiden's mother in _my_ game, darn it. Blech.
That's an argument I'll accept. I don't agree with it, since I see it differently, but it's honest and fair if you don't like Kreia and so don't want her to be Handmaiden's mother and therefore say so.

We don't know if she is or isn't, because the facts of the matter are in dispute, but it is precisely for that reason it comes down to a personal preference, and I have never believed those who say they have "proof" that Kreia is not Kae, because that proof has never seemed conclusive to me either way. I don't even claim that it is conclusive that Kreia is Kae, only that there is circumstantial and compelling evidence to suggest and support the idea, and I then tend to like the idea that Kreia is Kae better than the idea that she is not.

And just as Revan turning out LS or DS in K1 or the Exile in TSL is player choice, it is fine that Kreia's status is player chosen, at least until the day the powers that be makes a final ruling on the matter.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #8
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Sorry this one has to end as we already have another thread on this topic. Let's keep it to that thread ok. Thanks.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Simplest explanation of why Kreia isn't Kae